The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 11-22-2015, 08:49 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Chris wanted to work full-time, so he can't have a royal title.
Ah, I hadn't been aware that this was the reason, only that he declined.
__________________

__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #182  
Old 11-22-2015, 08:56 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
It's funny that you say so. When in another thread I dared to say that maybe Sofia wouldn't have a promint role in the family, someone pointed out that she is a major royal and would do as much as (nearly) as the crown princely couple with the engagements. And if it had been this way since she entered the family I wouldn't have said anything. But given the fact that the palace at the beginning was trying to sell Sofia as the perfect princess, who toured soon after the wedding, who gave speeches alone etc it is now stragne to me that this PR machine has, at least for now, interrupted.

You are right, that's the strange thing in all this. That after a packed start for Sofia with almost immediate solo engagements, tours and other royal events, now it all seems to have stopped. But not because of the pregnancy because she managed to travel to from one side of the world in South Africa to the other in the U.S With no problems.

And she travelled to the 'anniversary of project playground' in South Africa but no one ever saw any pics of her at these events.

So let's not be hypocrite; it's fair to wonder what is exactly happening...
__________________

__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #183  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
It's funny that you say so. When in another thread I dared to say that maybe Sofia wouldn't have a promint role in the family, someone pointed out that she is a major royal and would do as much as (nearly) as the crown princely couple with the engagements. And if it had been this way since she entered the family I wouldn't have said anything. But given the fact that the palace at the beginning was trying to sell Sofia as the perfect princess, who toured soon after the wedding, who gave speeches alone etc it is now stragne to me that this PR machine has, at least for now, interrupted.
It's funny, ouais, bof... As you say, the palace, the one who said, who did what and when,.It is then necessary to ask the palace why you did not see sofia, what, 3 weeks. Ah well, he said, but it seems to some people that this is all a lie. And from that, I did not see any dates or work could have done sofia. Visits ... it costs money, therefore, they are limited, but if sofia misses you, it is necessary to ask the palace to fill him the agenda,
  #184  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:08 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
+1
in any case, whatever sofia makes, for sure, there will always be a problem. she has activities, she hurts him. she is not seen, they do not want to work. It responds to journalists, it says she loves the cameras, here it is said that she did not seem to want to answer, what seems normal to me while they are on a private trip, but good .... she misses a diner and a photo of group during a state visit, it seems that this is the end of the world,
some point, maybe it is, if I do not like someone, I stop to follow, just a suggestion, then we can continue to waste one's breath ...

I'm sure the week, she works, we still find something,
again and again,
That is true. Sofia will always be a target. And I see it in exactly the same way as you - when I don't like someone I don't follow that person. Why wasting energy on someone you don't like?
For example, I could go on and on in the Victoria and Daniel threads about how I couldn't care less about her and how irritating I find the deifying treatment that she receives here. She is regarded as a holy being who can't and won't make mistakes instead of a human being who may and can occasionally err.

But I won't - it's a waste of energy and I would be vilified. Because, how can I fail to see how special she is and how much she does and her position deserves that she is being looked up to and respected etcetera.

I look up to a person who appeals to me and who radiates warmth, not because of his/her position.
But apparently, being part of the Swedish Royal Family is a competiton in which you must prove that you are worthy and there are folks who would personally like to be the examinators. Astounding.
  #185  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
You are right, that's the strange thing in all this. That after a packed start for Sofia with almost immediate solo engagements, tours and other royal events, now it all seems to have stopped. But not because of the pregnancy because she managed to travel to from one side of the world in South Africa to the other in the U.S With no problems.

And she travelled to the 'anniversary of project playground' in South Africa but no one ever saw any pics of her at these events.

So let's not be hypocrite; it's fair to wonder what is exactly happening...
Photos (86) were posted. you have to look in the right place. Easier to criticize, and to imagine some sort of hypothesis, they have invented a birthday, and all, because you have not seen sofia for 2-3 weeks.
  #186  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:18 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
It's funny, ouais, bof... As you say, the palace, the one who said, who did what and when,.It is then necessary to ask the palace why you did not see sofia, what, 3 weeks. Ah well, he said, but it seems to some people that this is all a lie. And from that, I did not see any dates or work could have done sofia. Visits ... it costs money, therefore, they are limited, but if sofia misses you, it is necessary to ask the palace to fill him the agenda,

I never said it was a lie. Just that it is strange that Sofia went to SA one week before the state visit, and that the palace confirmed this only when it was asked. Generally, if a member of the royal family misses an important state visit, it is said beforehand the reason. And I don't miss Sofia one bit, but is legit to ask!
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #187  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
That is true. Sofia will always be a target. And I see it in exactly the same way as you - when I don't like someone I don't follow that person. Why wasting energy on someone you don't like?
For example, I could go on and on in the Victoria and Daniel threads about how I couldn't care less about her and how irritating I find the deifying treatment that she receives here. She is regarded as a holy being who can't and won't make mistakes instead of a human being who may and can occasionally err.

But I won't - it's a waste of energy and I would be vilified. Because, how can I fail to see how special she is and how much she does and her position deserves that she is being looked up to and respected etcetera.

I look up to a person who appeals to me and who radiates warmth, not because of his/her position.
But apparently, being part of the Swedish Royal Family is a competiton in which you must prove that you are worthy and there are folks who would personally like to be the examinators. Astounding.
Totally agree.

An example, there is a video where we see victoria falls asleep during the speech of his father. is what we talk about, or even she is put, no, but that does not interest me to go, and talk about. If for some here she is perfect, it is, not a problem for me.
But for sofia, it seems to be sports.
Should perhaps realized that it's just a royal family, which is there just for the representation, and know who is there or not, who does what, do not interest many people, then, find suspicious not to have seen sofia during 2-3 weeks, and it asking if the birthday, to confirm by the palace, is not a lie, that hides something else, etc. I think it surrealist
  #188  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I never said it was a lie. Just that it is strange that Sofia went to SA one week before the state visit, and that the palace confirmed this only when it was asked. Generally, if a member of the royal family misses an important state visit, it is said beforehand the reason. And I don't miss Sofia one bit, but is legit to ask!
I see nothing strange, the agenda of sofia, it was not informed that she participated in the visit. He was noted for victoria-daniel, king, queen, and finally carl philip, and it must be said that the agenda is updated very late.And as this is not really an official engagement, this has not been put to the Sofia agenda. And as reporters posed the question, the palace said. Really nothing strange for me.
But I have a feeling that to go around in circles
  #189  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:47 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
I see nothing strange, the agenda of sofia, it was not informed that she participated in the visit. He was noted for victoria-daniel, king, queen, and finally carl philip, and it must be said that the agenda is updated very late.And as this is not really an official engagement, this has not been put to the Sofia agenda. And as reporters posed the question, the palace said. Really nothing strange for me.
But I have a feeling that to go around in circles
As you are a fan of Sofia, I feel we'll have to agree to disagree
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #190  
Old 11-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
As you are a fan of Sofia, I feel we'll have to agree to disagree
I am a "fan" of anyone, I think only annoying to see how one can criticize and attack a person on everything and anything, and it makes me react.

disagree, perhaps, but that's OK, you have your opinion, me, mine, and no problem,
  #191  
Old 11-22-2015, 12:04 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,640
And after this intermezzo above, perhaps we can return to the topic of this thread: the general news about prince Carl Philip and his wife.

Posters who enjoy bickering can perhaps exchange facebook adresses or twitter accounts and they can continue it there. It will save the rest of us from having to read through yet another row.

This thread have been cleaned up and reopened. Regard this message as a notification of alterations and deletions of your posts.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #192  
Old 12-12-2015, 05:04 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,514
Carl Philip has accepted to be the patron of Dyslexiförbund FMLS (Dyslexia Association) for the next five years.
Prins Carl Philip beskyddare av Dyslexiförbundet FMLS - Dyslexiförbundet FMLS
Translation
  #193  
Old 12-12-2015, 07:06 AM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip has accepted to be the patron of Dyslexiförbund FMLS (Dyslexia Association) for the next five years.
Prins Carl Philip beskyddare av Dyslexiförbundet FMLS - Dyslexiförbundet FMLS
Translation
I think this is great news! This is an area where Carl Philip can do a very good job in the future. A perfect patronage, I would say!
  #194  
Old 01-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,692
CP and Sofia recently visited a baby clothes shop in a town of Skane.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BACIjukJ...y=alvalennwall
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #195  
Old 01-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Palace, Canada
Posts: 274
Always exciting to welcome a new baby especially the first. They must be counting the days.
  #196  
Old 01-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mclean, United States
Posts: 43
Princess Sofia is on the cover of Land Magazine

I don't speak swedish, sorry, I can't say what it says.

http://www.lrfmedia.se/sites/all/fil...?itok=Dwzc2QVS
  #197  
Old 01-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tausi View Post
Princess Sofia is on the cover of Land Magazine

I don't speak swedish, sorry, I can't say what it says.

http://www.lrfmedia.se/sites/all/fil...?itok=Dwzc2QVS

Princess - and this year Lantis, "I feel honored"

Congratulations, Princess Sofia, årets lantis!

Seldom has there been as much about Alvdalen that during the past year. Thank Princess Sofia for it - the Year Lantis 2015th
- I feel honored and flattered, Year Lantis is a fine distinction, she says to Land.se.

Prinsessa – och årets lantis: ”Jag känner mig hedrad” | LAND.se
  #198  
Old 01-12-2016, 09:46 AM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 572
I wouldn't translate "Lantis" with "hillbilly". Lantis has a more positive connotation in Swedish. It's someone who lives in/comes from a rural Community, but not that negative. Or maybe I have the wrong impressions of the Word "hillbilly" :)
  #199  
Old 01-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2
Hillbilly, at least in America, is viewed as negative and derogatory.
  #200  
Old 01-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I wouldn't translate "Lantis" with "hillbilly". Lantis has a more positive connotation in Swedish. It's someone who lives in/comes from a rural Community, but not that negative. Or maybe I have the wrong impressions of the Word "hillbilly" :)
oups I rectify
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014-June 2015 An Ard Ri Current Events Archive 193 06-13-2015 05:01 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style countess of wessex coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf's birthday king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine daytime fashion princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises