General News about Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia, Part 1: June 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
General News about Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia, Part 1: June 2015 - June 2016

6qch9h.png

General News regarding Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia, Part One

Commencing June 13, 2015
Please follow the TRF Rules when posting

Last edited:
Do you think that we see them at Victoriadagen? Or are they there still on honeymoon?

I guess we see them not on the Te Deum for the second child of Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill.

Do you think that we see them at Victoriadagen? Or are they there still on honeymoon?

I guess we see them not on the Te Deum for the second child of Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill.

Carl Philip and Sofia are on their honeymoon according to the court. They are not listed to attend at the Te Deum. Carl Philip has races in STCC on 25th June and 10-11th July. It has been speculated that he will skip the race on 25th June. Carl Philip's team Volvo Polestar hasn't told yet if Carl Philip will race or not. I don't think that he will skip the other race in July and because that is so close to Victoriadagen, they will probably attend to the concert.

wonder where is honeymoon?

Maybe for royals but for the other ladies they can keep their surname and don't take to the husband's anymore.

That has for centuries been the standard for ladies engaging into marriage: taking the husband's surname.
Well it certainly wasn't in the UK, North America, Australia, New Zealand and many, many more countries.

Taking your husband's name is still more common these days or a split, maiden name at work and husband's name at home, PTA, etc.

According to Aftonbladet, Carl Philip and Sofia left to their honeymoon on Sunday at about 10.00, they flew to Los Angeles and from there to Fiji, and with a private plane to a private island. Aftonbladet writes that they chose not to take paparazzi photos of the couple when they landed to Fiji. Aftonbladet has made their presence clear and asked for an interview but the answer has been no. According to Aftonbladet the couple is on their honeymoon three weeks and Fiji is the first stop on their trip.
Så flydde paret till Fijis frihet _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

The honeymoon

Se superlyxen från prinsparets smekmånad | Svensk Damtidning

I don't speak Swedish but according to someone else who does they said are on a private island in Fiji at the cost of, and I quote: 45,000 Swedish Krona per night or $5,523.67 U.S.D. per night.

I'm guessing that is out of private funds! Sounds like a great honeymoon though!

LaRae

The week of the wedding people magazine had an article that stated that he would be racing on the 25th of June.

The week of the wedding people magazine had an article that stated that he would be racing on the 25th of June.

Yes, but the swedish press has been writing that they will be on their honeymoon for three weeks. The STCC race is on Thursday, so we will soon see if Carl Philip will be racing at Mantorp Park.

Photos from the honeymoon. According to the swedish press Carl Philip and Sofia are on a private Laucala island owned by Dietrich Mateschitz, the co-founder of Red Bull.

Prins Carl Philip och Sofias äventyr på lyx-ön _ kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Princess Sofia apparently changed her last name to Bernadotte.

H.K.H. Prinsessan Sofia - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

"Sofia Hellqvist changes name to Bernadotte"

"Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip have now submitted a name change form to the Tax Agency. It explains the two are selecting a common last name, that is, Bernadotte. The act is signed by Carl Philip and Sofia. Right now their application is being handled by the authority."

Sofia Hellqvist byter namn till Bernadotte | Nyheter | Expressen

I'm guessing most people here can't read Swedish....

LaRae

If I am right, Sofia basically gets nothing in case of a divorce... strange

If I am right, Sofia basically gets nothing in case of a divorce... strange

I think it is perfectly fair. Anything they both brought to the marriage, remains in individual names.

I think it is perfectly fair. Anything they both brought to the marriage, remains in individual names.
Of course. I was expecting more conditions on her part to be fair

Photos of Carl Philip and Sofia in Båstad yesterday.
https://instagram.com/p/5Adv-wKmW9/?taken-by=lydialarsson
https://instagram.com/p/5Ag81jtEZM/

Today at the opening of the Tennis Weeks in Båstad.
http://media.shootitlive.com/aFIFwkQjRCNryXeIwS3OmI8EOYS/1200.jpg?project_id=hd/349
https://instagram.com/p/5CVjuAHgi3/
https://instagram.com/p/5DFEFBMj9d/
https://instagram.com/p/5DCneEMj39/

Expressen writes that Carl Philip and Sofia were already on Wednesday in Båstad, they were at the night club Pepe's Bodega with some friends. Yesterday evening they were at the Summer On music festival (where they were seen also on Thursday). Today afternoon they ate at the restaurant Hamnkrogen with some friends.
Sofia och prins Carl Philip njuter i Båstad _ Kvällsposten
Translation

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning tells, that Carl Philip and Sofia left Fiji on 27th June and flew to Los Angeles and from there to Costa Rica. Carl Philip's friend and mentor, nature photographer Mattias Klum likes Costa Rica and has organised trips to the jungles of Costa Rica, so maybe Carl Philip and Sofia got the inspiration to the trip from him.

Wow... lots of fun and vacations after that massive honeymoon for these two...

Not only for these two. It was the same with V & D and with M & C, because all of them had their honeymoon right in front of the official summer holiday time of the royal family.

Not only for these two. It was the same with V & D and with M & C, because all of them had their honeymoon right in front of the official summer holiday time of the royal family.

But remember, it's only wrong when done by Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia, a.k.a. these two. :whistling:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom