General News about Carl Philip, Sofia and Family, Part 1: May 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Swedish gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan writes that Alexander goes to open nursery school at Villagatan in Östermalm. Sofia takes Alexander (or Alex, how he is called there) to the nursery school once a week, mostly on Wednesdays. The nursery school is very popular among the upper classes.

A couple of things: One, Alexander is 1 year old. How is he attending nursery school? Is it comparable to day care in the U.S.? Two, how did this information get out there if it's true? The Prince Family does not get 24 hour Sapo protection; only the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess Family do. Isn't this exposing Alex?

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of things: One, Alexander is 1 year old. How is he attending nursery school? Is it comparable to day care in the U.S.? Two, how did this information get out there if it's true? The Prince Family does not get 24 hour Sapo protection; only the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess Family do. Isn't this exposing Alex?

Alexander goes to öppen förskola, which can be translated also as open preschool. Info about them:
Öppna Förskolor in Stockholm_ Play Time for Baby and Social Time for Parents _ Your Living City

Someone who goes also to the same preschool with her child had told to Hänt i Veckan that Sofia and Alexander go there. She told that Sofia is very nice and feels like a normal mother.

Estelle also went to the Swedish Church's Solna Parish open preschool when she was one year old. And also then someone told to the press, that time Svensk Damtidning, that Estelle goes there.

Last edited:
Öppen förskola (open preschool) is not a place where you leave your children. Parents who are home with the kids - remember that we have 480 days of parental leave here - very often attend these with their kids, to meet other parents and children. Usually there is some sort of activity. Singing, doing nursey rhymes, painting and stuff like that. It's also very common that the Swedish church (former state church) is running these operations. I'm not surprised that the royals take their kids to this activity.

Bianca Ingrosso's anger against prince Carl Philip
TV-profile and blogger Bianca Ingrosso celebrated with her friends at the Summer on festival in Båstad - when she was interrupted by Prince Carl Philip.
- Then you have to go somewhere else, even though you're a prince, writes Bianca Ingrosso in her blog post.
- Fun fact is also that from nowhere our table was filled with about 10 older men who blocked our sight to the festival and who asked us to sit still and calm down. Turned out to be the Prince and his gang with bodyguards, writes Bianca Ingrosso in her blog post.
Bianca Ingrosso explains that the prince's gang took over their party area, and at the same time told Ingrosso's friends to calm down - something the blogger and TV-profile didn't think was all right. Instead, the "Wahlgren World" profile feels that one should respect those who were first at the place, whether one is royal or not.
- If you get into someone's table and take over all the seats so we could not dance, have fun or see anything of the festival, so you can't really ask these people to calm down, I think. Then you have to go somewhere else, even though you are Prince, writes Bianca Ingrosso in her blog post.
The court has chosen to not comment on the event.
Bianca Ingrossos ilska mot Carl Philip efter festnatten _ Nöje

Prince Carl Philip in a big row with Bianca Ingrosso
Carl Philip i storbråk med Bianca Ingrosso _ Stoppa Pressarna

Bianca furious at Carl Philip
Bianca Ingrosso rasar mot prins Carl Philip _ Hänt.se

Carl Philip attended yesterday at the opening party of restaurant Tako at Birgerjarlsgatan. The restaurant was filled with actors, models and media profiles, it opens for the public today.
Carl Philip's friend Jan-Åke Hansson is responsible for guest relations for the new restaurant. Tako, which captures impressions from the Asian culture, consists of a sushi kitchen with bar as well as an open-air grill with influences from Japan and Korea.
- The prince seemed to have a good time with his friends, says a guest at the restaurant.
Carl Philip åt middag med vänner på restaurang Tako i city _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Hmmm odd choice of dress maybe.

LaRae

:previous:
Curious, why? It seems like a simple dress with short sleeves and not to short and the colors are dark for this time of year...........not the greatest and far from the worst she has ever worn. She is learning and taking advice from maybe some one in the family who is guiding her a bit. They both look so in love with each other, and happy with their lives as it should be for all of us. I like her hair like that for it seems elegant and chic.

What kind of magazine is Kupe? The couple seems to enjoy the photoshoot.

:previous:
Curious, why? It seems like a simple dress with short sleeves and not to short and the colors are dark for this time of year...........not the greatest and far from the worst she has ever worn. She is learning and taking advice from maybe some one in the family who is guiding her a bit. They both look so in love with each other, and happy with their lives as it should be for all of us. I like her hair like that for it seems elegant and chic.

Just seemed to simple for his suit. Between the pattern and the style it didn't mesh.

Also some of the pics are meh to me. The one with them standing against a dark background with dark clothing...doesn't work. The pic of them walking away toward the light holding hands...they are to far apart. Just looks odd.

LaRae

I think she look very understated and chic.

Carl Philip and Sofia are at Costa del Sol in Spain. They met a reverend of the swedish church who posted a photo to Instagram. Accoding to the court Carl Philip and Sofia are on a private trip.
Sofia och Carl Philip på solkusten med barnen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

EDIT: Carl Philip and Sofia attended in Spain at the wedding of Carl Philip's friend and mentor Mattias Klum, who got married with Iris Alexandrov. Mattias Klum divorced in 2016, and got engaged last summer with Iris.
Carl Philip och Sofia gratulerade Mattias Klum på bröllopet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Carl Philip and Sofia's Foundation has an Instagram account.
https://www.instagram.com/merhjarta/?hl=sv

Princess Sofia went to see legendary Drag show act After Dark yesterday & afterwards came backstage to meet the cast & the star Christer Lindarw.
According to the caption Princess Christina & her husband Tord Magnuson was also in the audience yesterday.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbojHHSBh71/

A very attractive young lady indeed, she is so pretty and from those eyes I believe she is one intelligent strong lady also. Her beauty reminds me of Silvia when she was younger.

Carl Philip and Sofia have got two new cars lately.

Carl Philips new luxury car - from the king
Sofia leases a silver-colored Volkswagen of the model Up since October. According to the Transport Agency, Sofia's car, 2017 model, is an electric car with automatic transmission.
Carl Philip is also the owner of a new car. Since less than a month, he owns a 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe in light blue color. The king has had it since 1998, but has now let it go to motor enthusiast Carl Philip.
Carl Philips nya lyxbil – från kungen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Carl Philip and Sofia are currently in South Africa and today watch the Women's football game between South Africa and Sweden.

https://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/4b/7c/4b7c63de6bd744378d98cbd079b3a91c/16x9/680.jpg

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/landslaget/18-aringens-galna-debut-i-landslaget/

Princess Sofia participating today in "Tjejvasan". An annual skiing competition for women.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BflBqo9j6Wi/?taken-by=expressenkungligt

Prince Carl Philip, Prince Alexander , Prince Gabriel and her mother was there to support her!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BflPFi-jp9X/?taken-by=expressenkungligt
https://www.instagram.com/p/BflbAE4Auqh/?taken-by=europeroyal

Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen:
- What they are going to do is nothing I can comment on, they have just arrived there. They have gone there this weekend.
The trip is private, but it is still a bit of work for Princess Sofia because of Project Playground.
- Yes, it is a partial private trip abroad. Princess Sofia has a commitment to Project Playground so there will also be work around the organization, said Thorgren.
Prinsparet semestrar i Sydafrika – mötte svensk landslagstalang _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Carl Philip has the next work event at his calendar on 15th February, there isn't any events at Sofia's calendar now.

I didn't realise that Sofia sometimes participates in competitive sport. It was nice to see Carl Philip and the children supporting her - Gabriel looks so big now! Alexander is beautiful, as always.

Really beautiful family and the little ones the cutest ever !

Last edited:
Carl Philip has today his 39th birthday.
Prins Carl Philip fyller 39*år - Sveriges Kungahus
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...515803374007/1792732417452329/?type=3&theater

Carl Philip and Sofia launch today officially their Instagram account (which obviously they have had already for some time, the first photo is put there 8th June 2017)
https://www.instagram.com/prinsparet/

Thanks for the links, interesting to get a glimpse of the "background" work they do, and some nice, new pictures of the children. Even a photo of Gabriel in the craddle, finally (although Gabriel seems to want to escape it :lol:)!

Finally, a breath of fresh air in comparision to the usual focus we get on kungahuset.se that bores me. I really like this.

Beautiful family and they seem so in love ....

Carl Philip has today his 39th birthday.
Prins Carl Philip fyller 39*år - Sveriges Kungahus
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...515803374007/1792732417452329/?type=3&theater

Carl Philip and Sofia launch today officially their Instagram account (which obviously they have had already for some time, the first photo is put there 8th June 2017)
https://www.instagram.com/prinsparet/

Thank you for sharing; I gave them a follow. I really like the idea of their new Instagram; and nice that we get to see some photos of the family that we haven't seen before.

Princess Sofia attended the Baby Shower of her friend Carolina Pihl today.

Finally, a breath of fresh air in comparision to the usual focus we get on kungahuset.se that bores me. I really like this.

I think kungahuset.se focuses as much on the official events of the prince couple, when they have official events, as those of the king and queen and the crown princess couple. The prince couple is simply present at fewer official events than the primary couples.

I think kungahuset.se focuses as much on the official events of the prince couple, when they have official events, as those of the king and queen and the crown princess couple. The prince couple is simply present at fewer official events than the primary couples.

I did not mean the official events, I rather meant the more casual stuff. The summer and Christmas wishes are always the Crown Princess couple and mostly they (or part of them) welcome the Christmas trees to the palace. I know their position and all that stuff, but it just bores me.
I was somewhat pleasantly surprised when there was an Easter wish this year from the King and Queen instead on the court Instagram. A little alternation doesn't hurt.

That's why I'm pleased with Prinsparet's Instagram account and now, in this way, there is something for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom