General News about Carl Philip, Sofia and Family, Part 1: May 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is wonderful! Really great thing to do.
Kudos to Princess Sofia

Sofia is a good egg. She is doing something very valuable and she certainly didn't have to get her hands dirty either. Says a lot about her character.

This is such a wonderful thing to do!
Sofia has been nicely involved with the Sophiahemmet so far. Now she can even better see and understand what every day work in Sophiahemmet involves. One thing is just visit and see things shown but another matter is to be there and actually do something to help out. Well done, Princess Sofia.

Carl Philip has today his 41st birthday.
The King's birthday, as well as Crown Princess Victoria's, are celebrated with a different kind of ceremonial significance. As Carl Philip turns the years, the court is content to post a congratulatory picture.
- We mark the Prince's birthday on our website. Otherwise, the birthday is celebrated privately, says Margareta Thorgren.
This does not mean that Carl Philip is without celebration. But the festivities themselves will be run within the royal family, without any official nature.
Därför firas inte Carl Philip på födelsedagen _ Svensk Dam

Photo taken by Sofia at court press room.
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...0513_PrinsCarlPhilip_foto_PrinsessanSofia.JPG

Last edited:
Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip's Foundation is an important pillar in the struggle to raise society's understanding of people with dyslexia. As part of the business, the foundation has collaborated with several well-known profiles that have been open to having been diagnosed. Earlier, Paolo Roberto was part of the collaboration and was portrayed on the foundation's website.
Now, after last week's shocking revelations, Paolo has disappeared from the website.
- The foundation has chosen to remove Paolo Roberto from the Dyslexialand campaign material. He has told about the events that do not align with the foundation's activities and values, says Essi Alho, operations manager at the foundation.
Several have chosen to break with Paolo Roberto after it emerged that he had bought sex. Including his employer TV4.
"TV4 Media strongly distances the program manager's irresponsible behavior and informed him this morning that he will not lead any TV programs with us", TV4 communications manager Charlie Forsberg told Aftonbladet.
Prinsessan Sofia bryter med Paolo Roberto _ Svensk Dam

Last edited:
As a member of the army reserve Prince Carl Philip of Sweden has been on voluntary duty at the Armed forces command and control centre which coordinate their part in supporting the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic since early May. Prince Carl Philip, who holds the rank of major, volunteered after a visit to the command centre earlier this spring.

https://www.kungahuset.se/kungafami...tenshogkvarter.5.58b4a415171ac5497dff4e5.html

As a member of the army reserve Prince Carl Philip of Sweden has been on voluntary duty at the Armed forces command and control centre which coordinate their part in supporting the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic since early May. Prince Carl Philip, who holds the rank of major, volunteered after a visit to the command centre earlier this spring.

https://www.kungahuset.se/kungafami...tenshogkvarter.5.58b4a415171ac5497dff4e5.html

I just saw the news. I think it's great that Carl Philip is working as a resource for the Armed forces and that Sofia is a resource within the health care system. Neither one is high profile or glamorous, but they are both doing what they can to give a hand where it's needed right now. Really good job!

Sofia's homeplace Älvdalen Municipality at its website:

The Royal Tour of Älvdalen
Join in the footsteps of HRH Princess Sofia and HRH Prince Carl Philip for an exiting day full of local history and nature experiences. Your local guides Älvdalsguiderna will take you on an eventful day including a meal you won't forget.
Price information: 2 995:-/person
The Royal Tour of Älvdalen _ Visit Dalarna

It is almost a year ago that Princess Sofia saw her royal role shrink, at least in the long run. This after the king's decision on who now forms the core of the Royal House:
"The King and Crown Princess are, together with the Queen and Prince Daniel, Sweden's foremost representatives in the country and vis-à-vis other states" could be read in the court communique that struck like a bomb on October 7, 2019 - and which clearly clarified that Sofia, Carl Philip and Madeleine will only have royal missions to the extent decided by the king.
So what does all this mean for Princess Sofia before the coming autumn - now almost a year later? Yes, among other things that she is free to continue her work as a care assistant and extra resource in one of Sophiahemmet's care wards. A hospital day, where she cleans, disinfects beds and helps in the kitchen.
- The princess plans to continue her service at Sophiahemmet, says Margareta Thorgren.
- It is part-time and it has been so before as well. In addition, Princess Sofia continues to work for Project Playground and with the Prince Couple's Foundation. And if necessary, she will also attend at official contexts.
Hovets nya besked om prinsessan Sofia _ Svensk Dam

Aftonbladet's royal reporter Jenny Alexandersson reveales tonight that Princess Sofia has joined the jury for the Svenska hjältar (Swedish heroes) award. The award is handed out annually to Swedes that has made a difference for others during the year. Other members of the jury are Archbishop Antje Ackelén & Supreme Commander of the Armed forces Micael Bydén. Princess Sofia, who's working as a medical assistant at the Sophiahemmet hospital during the C-19 pandemic, says that to her the healthcare sector is full of heroes whose work this year she hopes will be awarded & that to her a hero is someone who sees those around them & acts if help is needed.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/svenskah...det-ar-haftigt-att-det-finns-sa-manga-hjaltar

So, we already know what her bias is :)

But yes, I assume they'll find a way to honour the covid-19 heroes either way... :flowers:

I had severe misgivings about Sofia joining the SRF.

I found her commitment to charity too shallow and her past taking away focus from being a royal.

I am very pleased to have been proved wrong.

She has done well. And she has quietly adapted well to her role as a member of the SRF.

I had severe misgivings about Sofia joining the SRF.

I found her commitment to charity too shallow and her past taking away focus from being a royal.

I am very pleased to have been proved wrong.

She has done well. And she has quietly adapted well to her role as a member of the SRF.
Sofia has definitely proved me wrong. I was very much against the marriage between her and Carl Philip but she's become such a fantastic asset to the Royal family.

Sofia has definitely proved me wrong. I was very much against the marriage between her and Carl Philip but she's become such a fantastic asset to the Royal family.

Yes I think a lot of people are in the same boat,myself included!

I usually follow the British royals. Woke up way too early to watch Charles and Diana get married in July 1981. I was 10. I have watched their boys grow up. I was a history major in college and always enjoyed history. So as I finished college and graduate school (twice), I started reading about the current monarchies. The Swedish monarchy appealed to me. They seemed very down to earth and approachable. As much as royalty can be. Ha! But for some reason, I always found myself rooting for Sofia. She really was the underdog. You couldn’t find hardly anyone who liked her. I felt sorry for her. People were so mean. Victoria and Madeline and Carl Philip were born royal. That is very different than marrying into it. I watched Diana attempt to do it all those years ago. Fergie. Princess Grace of Monaco. It can be difficult. But I have been pleasantly surprised with Sofia. She has done her best, kept her head up, rolled with whatever challenges have been thrown at her, fulfilled her engagements, attended functions as the king desired, all while having two sweet boys and maintaining an affectionate and supportive connection with her handsome husband. Her commitment to the causes that have come her way is commendable. She always seems interested and engaged at her engagements. She is lovely and a wonderful asset to the Swedish royal family.

Is Sofia seen as popular in Sweden? I thought she and CP tended to live a bit below the radar. At least as much as it's possible to do when you drive race cars.

Hi! I think they both fly under the radar compared to the King and Queen and crown Princess Couple. They are full time royals and have more engagements. When I first started reading about the Swedish royal family, Carl Philip was always categorized as a part time royal. His design business and race car driving took up a lot of time and he seemed fine with that. When Sofia came along, I don’t think his status changed. So she of course would be part time also. She has her charities and volunteer work as well as her two boys. I think their plates are full. And over the years after getting married and having kids, I think you find your priorities do change. They also both fulfill whatever additional duties the King asks of them plus their foundation they run together. All of these young couples are very busy. Princess Madeline chose basically just to do some charity work and move to Florida and raise her children. She is definitely more under the radar than the others. But I think she is very happy to do that. I am not sure about Sofia’s popularity in Sweden. I am sure someone on here knows about that.

On September 22, the audiobook "Älskade dyslexi" (Beloved Dyslexia) will be released on Storytel, it is published on the initiative of the Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia's foundation. The book features fifteen different experts, researchers and dyslexics who spread knowledge and facts about reading and writing difficulties. The idea is that the book will break many of the prejudices people have about dyslexics.
The book is read by Linda Pira with a foreword by Prince Carl Philip.
Prins Carl Philip och prinsessan Sofia bok om dyslexi _ Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Prince Carl Philip with Princess Sofia will visit Varmland tomorrow:

"On the way to Värmland to tomorrow take part in local efforts in the county due to the pandemic. We look forward to tomorrow"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG2hAM_HVLt/

Back
Top Bottom