General News about Carl Philip, Sofia and Family, Part 1: May 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: I like that Carl Philip and Sofia share personal, candid photos on their Instagram as well as the more professional/business-like posts. A lovely photo; and interesting that the Swedish Father's Day is a lot later than others.

Is Svensk Damtidning correct to say that prior to the changes in October Princess Sofia could not have been appointed to the board of a corporation's foundation?

Is Svensk Damtidning correct to say that prior to the changes in October Princess Sofia could not have been appointed to the board of a corporation's foundation?

In 2015 when she married Carl Philip she stepped down from Project Playground. She had to leave her position on the board of directors, and simply serve as an honorary chairwoman since then.

Chris to use his wife's title among other things would have been required to give up his work. He wasn't willing to leave his corporate role for a title.

So likely before October it would have been seen as a conflict of interest for her to be involved in a corporate fund like Skandia is. With her and CP now having less of a royal role, they seemingly have more flexibility to do so.

Carl Philip and Sofia attended yesterday evening at Avicii Tribute Concert For Mental Health Awareness at Friends Arena. Avicii performed at their wedding party. Sofia arrived later than Carl Philip because she attended at Gålö Foundation's Christmas concert.
Carl Philip och Sofia på Avicii-hyllningen

I don't find the picture to be too flattering, actually, I don't know. She looks a bit washed out.

I think Sofia looks nice. The only qualm I have is that she looks superimposed into the background; but otherwise it's a good photo IMO.

She has somewhat of a 'don't mess with me'-attitude on the picture.

A lovely festive photo of Carl Philip and his family. Alexander and Gabriel are such beautiful little angels! ?

Sofia Ewerlöf, the mananing director of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia's Foundation, resigned from her jog in the end of November. She has founded Livfulla Trädgården Gardens and works there now.
The acting managing director of the Foundation is now Essi Alho.

Margareta Thorgren told to Svensk Damtidning that Carl Philip and Sofia have been on a private trip.
Where Carl Philip and Sofia have been, Margareta does not want to tell. The director of the press department has already previously stated that the couple were not in South Africa with Princess Sofia's charity Project Playground.
Idrottsgalan_ Sofia och Carl Philip dök ej upp _ Svensk Dam

Sofia Ewerlöf, the mananing director of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia's Foundation, resigned from her jog in the end of November. She has founded Livfulla Trädgården Gardens and works there now.
The acting managing director of the Foundation is now Essi Alho.

The Foundation has hired a secretary general, instead of former title managing director.

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia's Foundation start the new year with organizational and staff changes. Kim Waller began as Secretary General at the turn of the year.
- We are very pleased with this recruitment and look forward to developing the Foundation together with our new Secretary-General, Kim Waller. - Chairman, Karin Mattsson
Kim has a solid background in value-driven organizations. Among other things, she has been CEO of Ungdomar AB, which ran one of Sweden's largest digital meeting places Ungdomar.se and the sustainability initiative we_change. Since the company became part of the Fryshuset, Kim has worked as Head of Fundraising and Partnership.
- I feel so enthusiastic and expectant that together with a strong team, we can work on the Foundation's important mission where children and young people's well-being and the right to a positive future are the focus - Kim Waller.
Prins Carl Philips och Prinsessan Sofias Stiftelse får ny... - Prins Carl Philips och Prinsessan Sofias Stiftelse

Kim Waller - Secretary General - Prins Carl Philips och Prinsessan Sofias Stiftelse _ LinkedIn

Sofia gives an audience to Kim Waller on 4th February.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Press release from the court

False website claims to represent Prince Carl Philip
It has been brought to the attention of The Royal Court that a false website has been created claiming to represent HRH Prince Carl Philip and a Foundation in his name.
A website claiming to represent Prince Carl Philip is sending out invitations to Royal events as well as asking recipients for financial donations.
The Royal Court of Sweden would like to inform that the website is false and does not represent His Royal Highness nor The Prince Couple’s Foundation.
False website claims to represent Prince Carl Philip - Sveriges Kungahus
Falsk webbplats i Prins Carl Philips namn - Sveriges Kungahus

Carl Philip, Sofia and their sons were photographed last Satuday 4th April at Hotel Diplomat, they were at Hotel's breakfast cafe. Norwegian VG has the story.

It is Saturday morning in Stockholm and the sun is shining from clear skies. Along the fashionable Strandvägen, the Stockholmers enjoy the sun and "fikar".
Inside the luxurious Hotel Diplomat's breakfast cafe, people look a little over their shoulder. Some whisper in between. But no one goes away. No one takes pictures of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia and their two sons.
They are allowed to sit undisturbed in the middle of the cafe. They line up with "us ordinary mortals", talk to an acquaintance about "these times" and other everyday topics.
- They come here occasionally, says the waitress on questions from VG.
On the way out the door, people glance at the royal family, who stroll down the street and settle into an anonymous small electric car.
"What a great thing", people respond that the royals go to a cafe and are out among people while the corona epidemic is raging. "They must then be allowed to do that," says others.
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are still "royal highnesses", while their two sons are no longer titled so after King Carl Gustav made changes to the Swedish royal house last year.
VG was in contact with the Swedish royal house on Monday evening. The director of the press department Margareta Thorgren says:
- The entire royal family in Sweden follows the authorities' guidelines. The king and queen are at risk, so they stay home. The entire royal family works from home and digital. They follow the advice of the Swedish authorities.
Annerledeslandet Sverige_ Her er de kongelige ute blant folk – VG

The photo was taken by photographer Pontus Orre, another photo at his Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-wVn37J1jP/

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
That one was taken while the video that Victoria and family shared was also created.

Did Alexander get his hair cut?

ETA:
Based on this video, it looks like he did not. His hair has gotten darker.

Last edited:
So Alexander is now a brunette like the rest of the family (minus Sofia). I presume the same will happen to Gabriel, too. They are growing to be handsome little boys!

According to information from Mitt i, Princess Sofia is supposed to be one of the participants who went for a quick training for three days.
Now the princess will work as support staff at Sophiahemmet.
The airline SAS has been forced to cut down recently as a result of the corona virus. 10,000 employees have been laid off in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
During the lay-off, parts of the staff were offered a three-day medical education at Sophiahemmet University. Participants can then relieve regular care staff.
But according to information to Mitt i, from a source with good insight into the business, it should not only have been SAS staff on the course.
Princess Sofia has taken the digital course and will now work as support staff at Sophiahemmet, where the princess is also honorary chair.
Prinsessan Sofias nya jobb – arbetar i vården – mitti.se

Svensk Damtidning:
The court now confirms the sensational information about Princess Sofia: She has trained to support the care of the corona virus.
It is the newspaper Mitt i Östermalm that first published the information about Princess Sofia's planned intervention in the healthcare sector, in the midst of the corona crisis: Sofia is one of the participants who has attended Sophiahemmet Uninversity's rapid education, a course that was initially intended solely for laid-off SAS staff. The goal is to relieve regular care staff.
Information that Svensk Damtidning has now been confirmed by the court:
- It is true that Princess Sofia has taken that course, says Margareta Thorgren.
- It is a three-day medical education and she passed it last week. The princess is the honorary chair of the Sophiahemmet and during these times of corona she wants to get involved in health care and try to contribute and help during this great workload.
How will Princess Sofia use these new health care skills?
- The princess will start at Sophiahemmet in the near future. She will relieve and support the staff in a care department, says Margareta Thorgren.
Is there a nursing ward that will take care for patients with corona?
- I have no information about that.
As yet, no corona care is conducted at Sophiahemmet, says Pia Hultkrantz, communications manager, to Svensk Damtidning.
- But we have done a lot to change our care.
What will those who have attended your three-day education be able to help?
- They should relieve the legitimate care staff during this pressured corona situation, so that those who are trained to care can actually do so.
- In other words, anyone who attends this program will not have any patient-related care. It can be about disinfecting supplies, and about kitchen service and cleaning. Regardless, none of the course participants will work directly with corona patients.
Prinsessan Sofia ska jobba med coronapatienter – hovet bekräftar _ Svensk Dam

According to information from Mitt i, Princess Sofia is supposed to be one of the participants who went for a quick training for three days.
Now the princess will work as support staff at Sophiahemmet.
The airline SAS has been forced to cut down recently as a result of the corona virus. 10,000 employees have been laid off in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
During the lay-off, parts of the staff were offered a three-day medical education at Sophiahemmet University. Participants can then relieve regular care staff.
But according to information to Mitt i, from a source with good insight into the business, it should not only have been SAS staff on the course.
Princess Sofia has taken the digital course and will now work as support staff at Sophiahemmet, where the princess is also honorary chair.
Prinsessan Sofias nya jobb – arbetar i vården – mitti.se

Svensk Damtidning:
The court now confirms the sensational information about Princess Sofia: She has trained to support the care of the corona virus.
It is the newspaper Mitt i Östermalm that first published the information about Princess Sofia's planned intervention in the healthcare sector, in the midst of the corona crisis: Sofia is one of the participants who has attended Sophiahemmet Uninversity's rapid education, a course that was initially intended solely for laid-off SAS staff. The goal is to relieve regular care staff.
Information that Svensk Damtidning has now been confirmed by the court:
- It is true that Princess Sofia has taken that course, says Margareta Thorgren.
- It is a three-day medical education and she passed it last week. The princess is the honorary chair of the Sophiahemmet and during these times of corona she wants to get involved in health care and try to contribute and help during this great workload.
How will Princess Sofia use these new health care skills?
- The princess will start at Sophiahemmet in the near future. She will relieve and support the staff in a care department, says Margareta Thorgren.
Is there a nursing ward that will take care for patients with corona?
- I have no information about that.
As yet, no corona care is conducted at Sophiahemmet, says Pia Hultkrantz, communications manager, to Svensk Damtidning.
- But we have done a lot to change our care.
What will those who have attended your three-day education be able to help?
- They should relieve the legitimate care staff during this pressured corona situation, so that those who are trained to care can actually do so.
- In other words, anyone who attends this program will not have any patient-related care. It can be about disinfecting supplies, and about kitchen service and cleaning. Regardless, none of the course participants will work directly with corona patients.
Prinsessan Sofia ska jobba med coronapatienter – hovet bekräftar _ Svensk Dam
This is fantastic and surprising news. I got so moved when I read about it that I almost started sobbing on the bus home from work. Princess Sofia did not have to do this which makes it even more poignant.

I read about the program earlier and what those who work as hospital support staff can do. It includes preparing meals for patients, getting medical supplies or test results from other parts of the hospital, cleaning rooms and preparing them for next patient, change bedsheets, share some kind words to friends and family of the patients... things like that.

Some might think that it's not that important, but these things make it possible for those with medical training to focus more on the patients. I'm so glad that Sofia did this. She didn't have to, but she chose to step up during these difficult times. I'll certainly remember this the next time someone says that Sofia is "just a soap star".

It was half past twelve and Princess Sofia was first introduced to the hospital ward, which has 40 seats. From now on, she will spend her days disinfecting beds and medical supplies, helping in the kitchen and cleaning.
- The intention is that she should relieve the care staff with simpler tasks, says Margareta Thorgren.
Is it said how long?
- It depends, but certainly a number of months.
Prinsessan Sofia_ Första dagen på Sophiahemmet _ Svensk Dam

What a wonderful way for non-medical people to help and (even slightly) ease the burden of the medics.
Well done Sofia!

“Sister Sofia reporting for duty” - thanks JR for the tweet!

Great to see; I don't think she really had other 'duties' these days since they've been mostly sidelined by her father-in-law, so great that she can use her time to help out at a hospital that she is connected to. Would CP be taking care of the children or do they have nannies (24/7 or during daytime)?

As it was explicitly stated they would NOT perform any nursing duties and wouldn't be in contact with any Covid-19-patients, I wonder what the training consisted of. Maybe how important it is to make sure that each patient gets the right food (dietary restrictions) and how to clean and disinfect instruments? As I believe that's about the extend of their job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom