General News about Carl Philip, Sofia and Family, Part 1: May 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alexander looks so big. And already a racing fan : D

A very nice baby but, it is not a place for a baby, noise and fume, not healthy for a little baby.

A very nice baby but, it is not a place for a baby, noise and fume, not healthy for a little baby.

The noise is not that big of a problem. His ears are covered during the race. But carrying a baby forward looking ... :bang: ... sorry, but aren't they thinking about their sons health? It's so unhealthy for those little still very undeveloped hips. :eek:

Apart from that, I really love this new photos. He's such a cute little boy. :wub: It will be exciting watching him grow up.

He is a beautiful baby! I love his little UGG boots!

The noise is not that big of a problem. His ears are covered during the race. But carrying a baby forward looking ... :bang: ... sorry, but aren't they thinking about their sons health? It's so unhealthy for those little still very undeveloped hips. :eek:

Most babies here are carried that way by their mothers here in Sweden, so I guess you have a lot of head banging into walls to do if you're going to be upset about that :)

Most babies here are carried that way by their mothers here in Sweden, so I guess you have a lot of head banging into walls to do if you're going to be upset about that :)

We used to do that all of the time with our daughters. Looking forward when awake, so they could look around and see. And when it was time to sleep, we would turned them around. I don't see anything wrong with it. The legs are fine either way of carying.

If the villa is at the king's disposal does that mean it's government property? If so why are the Hellqvists staying there? CP is well off enough to put them up in a hotel in Stockholm when they visit or stay at his villa when it's ready. They are the Middletons 2.0.

That might be your view, but I stay with mine. It's unhealthy! And that's not just me but most doctors and midwives here in Germany think the same. Don't carry forward looking until the hips are fully developed. Which is not the case with little Alexander. But this is going off topic.

That might be your view, but I stay with mine. It's unhealthy! And that's not just me but most doctors and midwives here in Germany think the same. Don't carry forward looking until the hips are fully developed. Which is not the case with little Alexander. But this is going off topic.

I'm not saying that it's my view - I'm just saying that this is how most parents carry their kids. And just like SLV said, they are turned the other way when they sleep. Nothing strange. And I haven't noticed any general problem here with kids (or adults) hips. Sofia is just doing what most/all other mothers are doing.

I'm not saying that it's my view - I'm just saying that this is how most parents carry their kids. And just like SLV said, they are turned the other way when they sleep. Nothing strange. And I haven't noticed any general problem here with kids (or adults) hips. Sofia is just doing what most/all other mothers are doing.

Princess Madeleine carrying Princess Leonore the same way as Princess Sofia carrying Prince Alexander.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TO1_oN3rFtY/VBbWiWmbpVI/AAAAAAAAEP4/hcMJGXVOf-w/s1600/Madeleine%2Bbaby%2Bbjorn.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza/casa_suecia/2016081487778/carlos-felipe-sofia-suecia-hijo-racing/0-384-603/carlosfelipe2a-a.jpg

Last edited:
How about everyone just leaves off criticizing how other parents do things.

It's not your circus, not your monkeys.

LaRae

It's neither healthy for Alexander nor for Leonore. I'm sorry for being so persistent, but when it comes to people who can't speak for themselves there need to be people who do the speaking for them. Forward looking isn't healthy for those little hips and especially mothers in public positions like Sofia and Madeleine should be good examples to other mothers and carry their babies the other way around. Especially because it's not the mothers (or fathers) who pay the prize if the hip development goes wrong. It's the baby's who later in life pay the prize with pain and unnecessary medical treatments. It doesn't always have to go that way, but why take the risk? Because the mothers think the babies want to be carried that way? That's a thinking I've no respect for. I don't want to accuse anyone here to happily abuse their babies health. I just want to open a few eyes for a fact that many maybe haven't heard about yet. Please don't risk that your baby has to pay an unnecessary prize. Do NOT carry forward looking!

http://www.boba.com/blog/nine-reasons-not-to-carry-your-baby-facing-out

Especially #1is what I mean.

And now I've done enough speaking for not-speaking-able babies (which is why this IS also my monkey and my circus) and rest my case. No need for the mods to send me a warning for getting to far of topic or whatever. ;)

Thank you KitKat2006 for being a child advocate. Totally agree and I have worked on childcare for years

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I was just thinking those UGG's must be really warm for the kid ?

Yes, I had already noticed the scratch, but it is on his cheek and not on the chin.

I have been quiet over the debate over how to carry toddlers and babies, because I didn't want to be accused of being a "Sofia's hater" once again.

I don't know anything about kid's policies on that matter, but after some posters brought up the issue, I am glad I am not the only one noticing how odd Sofia carries her son in her arms.

At first I thought it was because she is into newmotherhood, but everytime I see her with Alex in her arms, I fear some kind of slip of the kid. Maybe it's because the cutie is big and chubby, but seeing his head without a support is not a nice thing.

In regards to his last outing, I don't think the rally is the right place for a baby. And before someone attacks me on double standards etc, my opinion was the same when Victoria and Daniel brought Estelle to the concert.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Yes, I had already noticed the scratch, but it is on his cheek and not on the chin.

I have been quit about the debate over how to carry toddlers and babies, because I didn't want to be accused of bein a "Sofia's hater" by her defenders.

I don't know anything about kid's policies on that matter, but after some posters brought up the issue, I am glad I am not the only one noticing how odd Sofia carries her son in her arms.

At first I thought it was because she is into newmotherhood, but everytime I see her with Alex in her arms, I fear some kind of slip of the kid. Maybe it's because the cutie is big and chubby, but seeing his head without a support is not a nice thing.

In regards to his last outing, I don't think the rally is the right place for a baby. And before someone attacks me on double standards etc, my opinion was the same when Victoria and Daniel brought Estelle to the concert.

Just my two cents.

Yes I meant cheek, thanks for correcting me!

With regard to how to carry the baby, I am no expert in what is right or wrong, but the vibes that I get is that I find Sofia zero maternal.

Its not critizism just a feeling I have.

Yes I meant cheek, thanks for correcting me!

With regard to how to carry the baby, I am no expert in what is right or wrong, but the vibes that I get is that I find Sofia zero maternal.

Its not critizism just a feeling I have.

I didn't mean to correct you; I was just confused over the scratch place:flowers:

If someone is interested in attacking Sofia as a mother - feel free. I'm sure the moderators here will take care of those posts, just like they try to deal with all there other Sofia-hate on the forums.

My point in this debate is that Sofia is carrying Alexander just like most parents in Sweden are carrying their babies. I've seen pictures of both Madeleine and Victoria with their child in a Babybjörn (the brand that's synonymous with those carrying devices here). They do nothing that's strange or upsetting for us who live here. People also bring their kids everywhere. That includes concerts, find dining restaurants, car races and whatever. So if you want to be critical - don't just go after Sofia. You need to go after a huge majority of swedish parents, and the nurses, midwifes and doctors who take care of them.

I have been quiet over the debate over how to carry toddlers and babies, because I didn't want to be accused of being a "Sofia's hater" once again.

Feel reassured, people does not take criticism for Sofia, as well Madeleine, Victoria or Sofia carried their child in this way.

it's fun to see happen defenders of the child, even when pediatricians are divided on the issue. For some, from 3-4 months, this is not a problem to bring the child in this way within hours. There is no question of letting the whole day in that position.

If someone is interested in attacking Sofia as a mother - feel free. I'm sure the moderators here will take care of those posts, just like they try to deal with all there other Sofia-hate on the forums.

My point in this debate is that Sofia is carrying Alexander just like most parents in Sweden are carrying their babies. I've seen pictures of both Madeleine and Victoria with their child in a Babybjörn (the brand that's synonymous with those carrying devices here). They do nothing that's strange or upsetting for us who live here. People also bring their kids everywhere. That includes concerts, find dining restaurants, car races and whatever. So if you want to be critical - don't just go after Sofia. You need to go after a huge majority of swedish parents, and the nurses, midwifes and doctors who take care of them.

it was so obvious that we go to see the next stage. After Sofia bad princess, bad woman, we were going to have bad mother. While she, at the moment takes care alone of her child without nanny. Oh yes ,it is not a criticism ....;)

Feel reassured, people does not take criticism for Sofia, as well Madeleine, Victoria or Sofia carried their child in this way.

it's fun to see happen defenders of the child, even when pediatricians are divided on the issue. For some, from 3-4 months, this is not a problem to bring the child in this way within hours. There is no question of letting the whole day in that position.

Don't bother, I feel very reassured, but it seems that you forgot to read the whole post. Instead you were quick to come to the rescue

Ah well, that was to be expected.

Don't bother, I feel very reassured, but it seems that you forgot to read the whole post. Instead you were quick to come to the rescue

Ah well, that was to be expected.

oh but I have read in full, and your answer was as expected.

oh but I have read in full, and your answer was as expected.

So, if your read it all, I guess it didn't escape to you that I pointed put that I "criticized" also Victoria when she took Estelle to the concert. :whistling:

And I didn't "criticize" (one again criticism is basically when a person express a different view from another in Sofia' case) Sofia as a mother, but just IMO she carries her son a in a odd way. As if he was too heavy to carry. That was also in my post

So, if your read it all, I guess it didn't escape to you that I pointed put that I "criticized" also Victoria when she took Estelle to the concert. :whistling:

And I didn't "criticize" (one again criticism is basically when a person express a different view from another in Sofia' case) Sofia as a mother, but just IMO she carries her son a in a odd way. As if he was too heavy to carry. That was also in my post

it's why I noticed one of your sentences 'only' and I answered this one only, saying that no one took for Sofia only saw that it was general.

And I then answered people who are made the defenders of the children here, as they are themselves called

interesting collection of prams indeed for only one baby. :p
i wonder if they do different things? (ie. perhaps one of them is more suited for city life whilst others may be for more rugged terrain?)

the flat white one and the grey one are apparently from Swedish baby brand Emmaljunga. in the link below it says the flat white one is the 'White Viking Leatherette' edition.

i wondered if perhaps the reason why they have so many is that the brand gave it to them as a present in return for publicity, but it says in the same link that 'Sofia and Carl Philip were spotted purchasing the baby pram a few months before Sofia gave birth.' lucky parents indeed to have so many prams, as the pram is one of the single most expensive investments for a baby, according to some friends of mine who are new parents.

but they are not the only ones: madeleine and chris seem to have a whole range of prams themselves:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/17/87/86/17878695b5f93ca6b29dd9f319e5ed18.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/4c/5c/2a/4c5c2a8ac07e9d66bc9e4d31e990ea7d.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1c/ef/ef/1cefef320d4db576b96f80f3eb19435e.jpg

Princess Sofia of Sweden : New Photos Published In Svensk Dam!

on a side note, victoria and daniel seem to have chosen a brio pram, also a swedish brand, and the brand thanked them publicly for doing so:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagen...lle/0-33-971/princess-victoria-buggie1--z.jpg
2012-02-12-Swedish-Crown-Princess-Couple - BRIO

There are probably a few prams at each royal residence so that there isn't a need to cart one when visiting for official/personal reasons from house to house

:previous: I think you have pretty much identified why there are so many prams. There are five children in three families and it's also worth noting that some of those prams convert into car seats and/or front and rear facing pushchairs so there are probably not as many as we think.

it's why I noticed one of your sentences 'only' and I answered this one only, saying that no one took for Sofia only saw that it was general.

And I then answered people who are made the defenders of the children here, as they are themselves called

Indeed, I was not the one calling her "not maternal" or whatever. I just gave my impressions over her handling with the baby:flowers:.

Bye

Back
Top Bottom