General News about Carl Philip, Sofia and Family, Part 1: May 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Prince Carl Philip,Princess Sofia, and Family Thread Part One

Welcome to the Prince Carl Philip,Princess Sofia, and Family Thread ,May 2016

190px-Dual_Cypher_of_Prince_Carl_Philip_and_Princess_Sofia_of_Sweden.svg.png

Please follow the TRF Rules when posting

Looking forward to discussions on this thread. I have followed the Prince couple since their beautiful wedding in June 2015. What an exciting year it has been; a wedding, starting a family and carrying out their official role in the SRF. I wish them continued happiness and health.

I wasn't interested in them then all of a sudden I "fell in love" with them on their wedding day... Alexander completed the work LOL

Me, too, I started following Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip after their beautiful wedding ceremony. I didn't know of them before that. And now Prince Alexander adds to the beautiful family picture, oh and Siri too.

I am excited for this thread. I started following them once they announce their engagement.

Their wedding really made me fall in love with them. Even in photos, we can just feel their love for each other. It's refreshing.

Their baby is beautiful! Love this family!

So looking forward for positive discussions!!

Happy Anniversary to Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia. One year ago today was the day of your beautiful wedding day. I wish you happy many more years to you and your family.

Happy anniversary Prince Carl Phillip and Princess Sofia! Wishing you continued love and happiness in your marriage for the years to come!

Last edited:
Stoppa pressarna quotes Hänt Extra, Carl Philip, Sofia and Alexander have been on a holiday in Barcelona.
Sofia feels the strong pressure of being a public figure. Like the other members of the royal family Sofia must now represent for life and be in public all the time.
The much-publicized feud with Madeleine and the media's constant reporting on the princess's former life as a pinup hasn't made things easier. Recently, for example, a gossip magazine (Hänt i Veckan) told about her hot night with Jenna Jameson.
- Sofia is indeed a girl with a mind of her own. But recently, she has experienced the situation as difficult. A royal crisis, if one can say so, explains one of her friends, and continues:
- Imagine what life she must live. Always guarded, considered and made headlines in all kinds of contexts. I do not think people understand under what pressure she lives.
To get away from it all, Sofia with her family went some time ago to Barcelona.
Efter krisen_ här flyr Sofia landet _ Stoppa Pressarna

Stoppa pressarna quotes Hänt Extra, Carl Philip, Sofia and Alexander have been on a holiday in Barcelona.
Sofia feels the strong pressure of being a public figure. Like the other members of the royal family Sofia must now represent for life and be in public all the time.
The much-publicized feud with Madeleine and the media's constant reporting on the princess's former life as a pinup hasn't made things easier. Recently, for example, a gossip magazine (Hänt i Veckan) told about her hot night with Jenna Jameson.
- Sofia is indeed a girl with a mind of her own. But recently, she has experienced the situation as difficult. A royal crisis, if one can say so, explains one of her friends, and continues:
- Imagine what life she must live. Always guarded, considered and made headlines in all kinds of contexts. I do not think people understand under what pressure she lives.
To get away from it all, Sofia with her family went some time ago to Barcelona.
Efter krisen_ här flyr Sofia landet _ Stoppa Pressarna

is stoppa a serious / reliable information source? sofia has always been in the limelight, so she more or less knew what she got into before the RF, so it surprises me that they are reporting that she had a 'royal crisis'.

is stoppa a serious / reliable information source? sofia has always been in the limelight, so she more or less knew what she got into before the RF, so it surprises me that they are reporting that she had a 'royal crisis'.

Like I wrote, Stoppa pressarna quoted the article of Hänt Extra (gossip magazine). Stoppa pressarna is a web magazine, which publishes quoted articles from swedish gossip magazines and Expressen and Aftonbladet.
The cover of Hänt Extra with Carl Philip and Sofia in it:
https://media.pressbyran.se/article/image/zoom/ts_0310_201627.jpg

This is an article at a gossip magazine. Yes, Sofia has been in the limelight. But perhaps she thought that no one would write about her past anymore now when she is a princess. Gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan wrote last week on their cover that Sofia's secrets are revealed, "friends tell everything, unknown bonus-son in New York, photos you have never seen before".

stoppa pressarna is a stupid source, which from an article taken out in a gossip magazine , create an imaginary scenario. Gossip magazines which often have imaginary 'sources'. This weekend in Barcelona was made well before the article last week. But he is so more interesting of created a dramatic scenario with a 'royal crisis'. This will make certainly react more, than to say that it is about a simple weekend between friends.

I doubt the royal crisis angle. Sofia's past has been out there before she said I do to CP. Nothing goes away from the Internet and a royal's history will get published. If Sofia or the palace ever thought the past would never resurface they were mistaken.

Gossip magazine Hänt Extra writes that Sofia and Daniel's and Victoria's friend, former NHL hockey star Peter "Foppa" Forsberg had a romance in the United States. Stoppa pressarna quotes the article.
A former employee of Slitz told to Hänt Extra that during her time in New York, Sofia met several sports stars. Among other things, an acquaintance ran on Sofia in the stadium in Philadelphia when she was looking when Foppa in 2006 played at a match. Sofia told: "I'm here to greet Peter".
A source also tells that love was real.
- Sofia and Peter liked each other very much and many talked about that they had a romance, but I do not know. Sofia kept her silence.
Anything more serious came never of the romance and Sofia found her way into the royal family.
- Carl Philip knew that Sofia had many dates, but I don't think he guessed that Foppa was one of them.
Sofias okända romans med Foppa _ Stoppa Pressarna

Why is the press resurrecting Sofia's past now? This is the third story about her life in the US in recent weeks. Either the media thinks after one year as an appange supported royal Sofia's former life is fair game; or she alienated someone in the press and this is being leaked and rehashed.

Slow news day? No other reason than gossip? Does Hänt Extra pay for stories? It's possible the former Slitz employee needs money now.
The press will always find something to write about. Fortunately, Victoriadagen will bury this story soon although I suspect Sofia's past will continue to resurface occasionally in the near future.

I read this story in the social media already before the couple married.
Maybe this former Sliz employee read it too and went for the cash.
It is summetime and slow news period. Hänt Extra made a repeat of an old news story in the hope that it sells well again.
It is not that interesting or damaging at all

B.T.W be carefull with former employees with their own motivations to go to the press (money, a lost job, revenge, the need to be considered important)

Last edited:
Like the 'secret blog' old news before the wedding :ermm:

Unfortunately they know their market. Before the wedding Sofia wasn't that well known and the stories likely had little traction. Now that she is better known outside Sweden and royal circles, there is more interest. More interest means more money which is all tabloids care about. :sad:

See it with any royal bride. The tabloids are happy to dig up any. Couldn't believe it would die when she married. Any dirt is juicier yet now she has a tiara and not simply girlfriend/fiancé. Kate it was mooning stories, unfortunately Sofia has a more substantial background to dig at.

I read this story in the social media already before the couple married.
Maybe this former Sliz employee read it too and went for the cash.
It is summetime and slow news period. Hänt Extra made a repeat of an old news story in the hope that it sells well again.
It is not that interesting or damaging at all

B.T.W be carefull with former employees with their own motivations to go to the press (money, a lost job, revenge, the need to be considered important)

It is also possible that the former Slitz employee told the story to Hänt Extra a long time ago, but Hänt Extra didn't want to publish it then but waited for a better moment. And now the story is far more interesting because the press has found out how good friends Peter Forsberg really is with Daniel and Victoria.

Like the 'secret blog' old news before the wedding :ermm:

Unfortunately they know their market. Before the wedding Sofia wasn't that well known and the stories likely had little traction. Now that she is better known outside Sweden and royal circles, there is more interest. More interest means more money which is all tabloids care about. :sad:

See it with any royal bride. The tabloids are happy to dig up any. Couldn't believe it would die when she married. Any dirt is juicier yet now she has a tiara and not simply girlfriend/fiancé. Kate it was mooning stories, unfortunately Sofia has a more substantial background to dig at.

If the gloves are coming off the press may have more on Sofia that has never been published. The rehash may be whetting the appetite for whatever it may release. Did the king and the government vet Sofia before consenting to the marriage? I expect Chris and Daniel had to undergo background checks, especially Daniel.

Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and Alexander visited Gothia Cup

https://youtu.be/6SD4qzzvVxI
Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and Alexander visited Gothia Cup On July 18, 2016, the Gothia Cup in Ullevi in Gothenburg has officially opened. On July 19, 2016, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia with their son Prince Alexander of Sweden watched the football match between of two Project Playground football teams at the Gothia Cup. The football team is part of her charity project of the same name.
source : royalam: Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and Alexander visited Gothia Cup

Svensk Damtidning writes that although Carl Philip and Sofia moved to Drottningholm already about four months ago, they are still officially registered to the green villa at Sjötullsbacken where they lived previously. Alexander is also registered there, although he was born weeks after Carl Philip and Sofia had moved to Drottningholm. Svensk Damtidning writes that according to their information Sofia and Carl Philip still use their apartment at the green villa on Djurgården (the king helds the disposition right to the villa) although they now live in Drottningholm. According to SD's sources Sofia's parents stay at the villa when they come to Stockholm to visit Sofia and her family.
Villa Solbacken should be ready next spring. Svensk Damtidning writes that it remains to be seen, if the family will then after their move be registered there or if they still will be registered officially to the green villa at Sjötullsbacken. Svensk Damtidning has asked a comment from Margareta Thorgren.

Last edited:
Very lovely little boy !!!! A joy to behold !

Ooh he is such a cutie! ?

Back
Top Bottom