The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Courtier

Royals: So lieben und leben die Königshäuser | BUNTE.de

The Royal Bride To Be ... came across as a warm, smiling, happy girl, with her Prince beside her.

I know very little about Sofia, ...... as they say the past is another country, and we are all strangers there. In other words, their lives (Sofia and Carl Philip) started the day they met. Best foot forward, no looking back.

She makes him happy, they are a lovely couple. I like her, and hope she has good friends that will support her, with the many Royal duties she will be undertaking. As I mentioned before, she has the potential to be a real style Icon! Not to outshine Victoria, but to be part of a good team of sisters-in-law representing Sweden. I'm sure a glamorous stylish Sofia is yet to come.

Whether she is close to the two Royal sisters, we don't know, but she has the support of her future husband, where they will make a life for themselves and their children. The hurtful gossip can only make them stronger as a couple, which I'm sure it already has.

I'm sure we will get a Wedding Date soon; which will be very exciting; especially for all their friends and family!!

Old 07-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Commoner

I think we're reading in far too much in the interview and making things up that aren't there. When Carl-Philip and Sofia says that something clicked the first time they met eachother doesn't necessarily have to mean that they fell head over heels in love at that time, it might mean just that, that something clicked between them and they had a really good time together. I'm sure everyone in here has met someone for the first time and felt an instant connection to that person, but it doesn't have to be in a romantic way. The fact that Carl-Philip was in a relationship with Emma Pernald and stayed with her for another year after meeting Sofia seems to point to that. (That also indicates to me that Sofia didn't set her sights on Carl-Philip and tried to become his girlfriend at that point, because if she had there would've been people spreading that information since)

The way I read the article (and I read the full interview in DT) they met and felt a connection, but since Carl-Philip was in a relationship with Emma (and I believe Sofia was also in a relationship at the time?) that was it. Later when Carl-Philip had broken up with Emma he came in contact with Sofia again and then the so-called "click" turned romantic.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icea View Post
I think we're reading in far too much in the interview and making things up that aren't there. When Carl-Philip and Sofia says that something clicked the first time they met eachother doesn't necessarily have to mean that they fell head over heels in love at that time, it might mean just that, that something clicked between them and they had a really good time together. I'm sure everyone in here has met someone for the first time and felt an instant connection to that person, but it doesn't have to be in a romantic way. The fact that Carl-Philip was in a relationship with Emma Pernald and stayed with her for another year after meeting Sofia seems to point to that. (That also indicates to me that Sofia didn't set her sights on Carl-Philip and tried to become his girlfriend at that point, because if she had there would've been people spreading that information since)

The way I read the article (and I read the full interview in DT) they met and felt a connection, but since Carl-Philip was in a relationship with Emma (and I believe Sofia was also in a relationship at the time?) that was it. Later when Carl-Philip had broken up with Emma he came in contact with Sofia again and then the so-called "click" turned romantic.
Good comment! And we all don't know how the relationship with Emma in the later stages was! It could be that it was already on the rocks.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icea View Post

Amen! I wanted to post something along similar lines earlier, but then the forum was offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Good comment! And we all don't know how the relationship with Emma in the later stages was! It could be that it was already on the rocks.
Exactly. Some posters say he should have stuck with Emma because according to them she had the proper profile, but perhaps personality-wise she was not the most proper person for him in the long run.
Sometimes one can be with someone for years without "serious" results and sometimes one only has to be with someone for a shorter time to know and feel that it's right.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Nobility

Whether people like it or not Sofia is here to stay and she is going nowhere, we will just have to get used to it.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
Whether people like it or not Sofia is here to stay and she is going nowhere, we will just have to get used to it.
EXACTLY!
Ans we should also give her a Chance
Býe Bine
Old 07-09-2014, 01:10 AM
Commoner

Yes exactly. Very handsome
Old 07-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Serene Highness

I think if the government had said no, Prince Carl Phillip would have married her anyway even if that meant giving up his title. Perhaps he made that clear before the government made a decision.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Carl-Gustav can sit on the throne, I think Sofia can marry CP.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Normally I wouldn't care about such a union, but I do wish them the best in their life together and I must say that the ring is gorgeous!
I'm honest, though. It leaves a bitter taste, when I think of all the royal members of the past who could not marry their loved ones. And also Daniel & Victoria, who had to wait for more than 10 years to be granted a permission. It's just unfair!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Nobility

Wow, some of the comments on here are just vicious.
I really feel terrible for the entire royal family to have such comments directed at a family member and someone who is about to become a family member. I wonder, would people be so harsh if they were face to face with Carl-Philip and Sofia? I rather doubt it.
I congratulate the couple and wish them a long and happy life together.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Commoner

Now we know so much more about Carl philip. After all ones spouse says a lot about one self. Im sure they fit perfectly together.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

I wish them the best.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Normally I wouldn't care about such a union, but I do wish them the best in their life together and I must say that the ring is gorgeous!
I'm honest, though. It leaves a bitter taste, when I think of all the royal members of the past who could not marry their loved ones. And also Daniel & Victoria, who had to wait for more than 10 years to be granted a permission. It's just unfair!

There is little equity in life. Queen Sonja had to wait nine years to marry Harald. But, also, CP is not the heir to anything important, so it would be easier for him than Harald or Victoria. Yes, there is always hypocrisy. And, you are right plenty has taken place.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder how all this is going down in Sweden so far. What do the people think?
This girl is certainly a great gift for the republicans!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I wonder how all this is going down in Sweden so far. What do the people think?
This girl is certainly a great gift for the republicans!
I'm not sure the people of Sweden are looking at this engagement has a bad thing as some are on here.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm not sure the people of Sweden are looking at this engagement has a bad thing as some are on here.
Maybe they are misinformed re Sofia. Or maybe you are.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
Wow, some of the comments on here are just vicious.
I really feel terrible for the entire royal family to have such comments directed at a family member and someone who is about to become a family member. I wonder, would people be so harsh if they were face to face with Carl-Philip and Sofia? I rather doubt it.
I congratulate the couple and wish them a long and happy life together.
All those opposed to the engagement would be fawning all over them if a face-to-face meeting took place. Then they would brag to all their friends that they had met them and then come back on this forum and rip them to shreds!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Maybe they are misinformed re Sofia. Or maybe you are.
I think Dman means that the Swedish people don't frown upon this engagement like some posters on this forum do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
All those opposed to the engagement would be fawning all over them if a face-to-face meeting took place. Then they would brag to all their friends that they had met them and then come back on this forum and rip them to shreds!
I am "afraid" that you are very right in this. Hypocrisy galore would be the case.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I think Dman means that the Swedish people don't frown upon this engagement like some posters on this forum do.
Yes, that's what I meant. I think some of the Swedish people may think it's great that Prince Carl Philip has found some happiness with Sofia and there will be another royal wedding to look forward to now.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS

Tags
controversy, engagement, prince carl philip