The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Very good summary of events, LadyFinn. Thanks!

Old 07-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thank you for posting this - very nice summary. Within it I can feel Sofia's thrill - and that is captivating. I wish her well. Everything being said - there is one thing we need not be fearful of - Sofia will carry off the wedding with confidence and pizzazz. A shrinking violet not is she.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Courtier

Congrats to them! I hope it works out.

Almost missed this news completely. Royals are not big in US but from whats being said about this Sofia I imagine there'd be even a small mention of as this is our kind of news . Alas, I'll keeping my fingers crossed for a possible lifetime movie lol.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

And the swedish royal court allows Carl Philip and Sofia continue extra high-profile media coverage after the engagement, they have given an interview to DT (Dalarnas Tidning), which covers Sofia's homeplace Älvdalen.
Victoria and Daniel and Madeleine and Chris didn't give this kind of interview. Victoria and Daniel gave interviews a month before the wedding.

DT met the couple last Friday in Falun. They were in Dalarna to visit the Peace & Love in Borlänge. Sofia Hellqvist sits on the board of the festival and this year she is most interested in the panel discussions, especially those dealing with diversity and racism.
It's been exactly one week after the engagement. How does it feel?
- Wonderful. Quite right. It's like coming home. We have not had time to meet much as Sofia has been in Almedalen ... but I've still been happy all week, says Prince Carl Philip and said that he was excited before the proposal.
- I was nervous and loaded. The whole body felt like it pulsed. I woke up several times at night before, I do not know if Sofia noticed. I wanted it to be a surprise, he says.
- He managed to surprise me, but I did think he was strangely refreshed that morning, says Sofia is otherwise one of the two who wakes up at six or seven in the morning and be ready for the day.
And now the prince was all awake, went down on his knees, and got of course his "yes".
The ring glistens in the sun which is blazing, and there is no doubt about the warmth between the newly engaged. A few minutes into the interview, they take each other's hands, and sitting so through the whole conversation.
Tell us about the first meeting?
- We met at a lunch. I sat there with some friends, and you came in with a friend of yours, who knew my friends. It just clicked right away, says Prince Carl Philip.
- We looked shyly at each other, and some said it click, but that it would end like this, I could never believe. Everyone who knows Carl Philip notice at once that he is an incredibly humble, warm and kind person. This can be seen in your eyes directly and who can resist that. The more I got to know you, the more it grew, says Sofia Hellqvist.
Other hit then?
- It was that you asked if I would keep up with the go-cart. You probably wanted to show your racing skills, says Sofia teasingly to the prince.

Sofia was asked about to be at to be a public figure.
Now you're a public figure, Sofia. How do you handle being a celebrity and the gossip?
- It's probably a reason that we have not taken this step earlier. I've wanted to get accustomed, it's a gradual process of being recognized all the time, when one hasn't been that all the time before.
Exklusivt för DT - nu berättar prinsen och Sofia om sin kärlek - dt.se
Translation

That is an interesting answer from Sofia, since she has tried to be a public figure for 13 years. The court works really hard for this couple to get positive media coverage for them. And by doing this they make even a bigger difference between Madeleine and Carl Philip, since Madeleine didn't give any interviews before the wedding. By treating one of the "royal children" this differently isn't right at all. Poor Madeleine, the "so shy" Carl Philip and Sofia are running totally over her.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Wasn't CP still with Emma when they met for the first time (the lunch he is mentioning)?
Old 07-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Serene Highness

From what I have read, yes he still was with Emma. Makes one think that SH is one very smart person who sets out to get what she wants....a prince.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Well, CP says 'it clicked right away'. What a shameful thing to say now, IF he was still with Emma at the time.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:45 AM
Courtier

I don't realy see it that way completly. It looks to me they are trying to endear her even a tiny bit to the public, of course this would be more then they had to the others given her past and gossip.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Commoner

Quote:
That is an interesting answer from Sofia, since she has tried to be a public figure for 13 years. The court works really hard for this couple to get positive media coverage for them. And by doing this they make even a bigger difference between Madeleine and Carl Philip, since Madeleine didn't give any interviews before the wedding. By treating one of the "royal children" this differently isn't right at all. Poor Madeleine, the "so shy" Carl Philip and Sofia are running totally over her.
But surely the main reason that Madeleine didn't give any interviews before ethe wedding is that she hates doing interviews and doesn't want to be a public figure at all. If she could have decided all by herself, I'm sure she wouldn't have allowed tv to broadcast her wedding.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icea View Post
But surely the main reason that Madeleine didn't give any interviews before ethe wedding is that she hates doing interviews and doesn't want to be a public figure at all. If she could have decided all by herself, I'm sure she wouldn't have allowed tv to broadcast her wedding.
I disagree with that, but its off topic in this thread. IMO the only person who doesnt want to be a public person is Chris, not Madeleine.

Sofia desperately wants to be a public person, that's for sure.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I don't think Madeleine hates giving interviews, but she isn't as pushy as Miss Hellqvist. Madeleine and Chris gave an interview after the wedding. And since
Victoria and Daniel didn't give interviews to the press after their engagement press conference, maybe it was the court policy then. Victoria and Daniel gave interviews to two newspapers a month before the wedding and a couple of TV-interviews.
I agree with Duke of Marmalade. Being a public figure suits Madeleine very well, when she can self decide the timing. Madeleine wanted her wedding to be sent on TV. And Leonore's christening had a very large media coverage and shown on TV. Chris doesn't hate the media, he gave a press conference after Leonore was born and he celebrates at the most famous restaurants in Stockholm, although he knows that the press will be outside.
But the swedish royal court is certainly doing everything differently when Carl Philip and Sofia are concerned.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
From what I have read, yes he still was with Emma. Makes one think that SH is one very smart person who sets out to get what she wants....a prince.
So Sofia is the hunter and Carl Philip is the victim to whom it all just happens?
It takes two to tango, and these two are tango-ing to their wedding - like it or not.

Quote:
I see where you come from with that remark; I do think Madeleine has become a lot less media-glitzy and glamour-like since she split with Jonas Bergström. I think being with Chris has made her a lot more serious and possibly mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I disagree with that, but its off topic in this thread. IMO the only person who doesnt want to be a public person is Chris, not Madeleine.

I think Madeline just tries her best to juggle her background and new status as a plain Mrs..

As for Sofia, sure... whatever.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well, CP says 'it clicked right away'. What a shameful thing to say now, IF he was still with Emma at the time.
I totally agree. But they had the golden opportunity to correct the information the press has written, that they met for the first time in 2007 and then in 2008 - if it was wrong. They could have said "the information of us meeting already in 2007 or 2008 is totally wrong. We met for the first time in April 2009" (or some other time after Carl Philip had broken up with Emma. But they didn't say it.
But Emma has luckily gone further in her life, and has her own family now.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

This thread has been cleaned up. Several comments were deleted. A reminder:

1. Don't insult each other.

2. Repetative posts will be deleted. No need to repeat again, again and again and again what you think. Most will have understood it the first time.

3. OT topics like 'commoners vs royals' or the delights or horrors of the Duchess of Cornwall will be deleted.

4. Comments with parallel truths and universes will be deleted. For example: people repeat again and again that the king is traumatized by CP not being the heir. A 'truth' that isn't one. Let's keep things realistic and not develop imaginary scenario's of what people may be thinking.

5. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But no need to use words like 'disgusting' 'awful' etc. to refer to the people in question. There must be more clever ways to discuss the matter.

6. And again, most importantly: don't insult each other. If you feel the urge to call names etc.: don't! Take a break, you are taking this too seriously.

7. The Swedish mod. team has been rather patient. But since the engagement will take another year, the present way of debating can not continue. We will enforce the above requirements strictly. Ignoring them will lead to a deletion of a post and possibly to warnings or the revokation of posting rights. If you can't behave yourself: do not post in this thread!

- Note that any replies to this message will be deleted. If you have questions or remarks you can contact one of the Swedish moderators.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

And there are so many ways to be in the public eye, become an elected official, invent a medical miracle, do a reality tv show, go on a singing show and belt out a tune..........I know which one would be good for the new royal.........
Old 07-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
New Photos of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist-
New Photos of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

The future Princess Sofia looks quite lovely in these photographs.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:52 AM
Commoner

I was looking at their engagement photos, and I noticed he looks more manly. The engagement suits him
Old 07-08-2014, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

well if she is taking advantage of the situation we don't know at all, only both of them know what they really fell about the situation, has for Carl Philip I have no doubt he is in love... has for Sofia wait and see... but even if she doesn't love her she will do anything to keep in happy so the relation will work, love or not love the relation will just work fine...
Old 07-08-2014, 06:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma94 View Post
I was looking at their engagement photos, and I noticed he looks more manly. The engagement suits him
That is what I noticed as well, he seems more mature now. More self-confident.

Tags
controversy, engagement, prince carl philip