Engagement of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist: June 27, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
The Swedish Royal Court has announced the engagement of Prince Carl Philip and Ms Sofia Hellqvist

ka5o90.jpg

June 27, 2014

The Marshal of the Realm is today pleased to announce the engagement between Prince Carl Philip and Ms Sofia Hellqvist.

After His Majesty the King has given his consent, Prince Carl Philip enters into marriage with Miss Sofia Hellqvist. HM the King has, in accordance with the Constitutional provisions, obtained government consent.
A date for the wedding has not yet been identified, but is scheduled to take place during the summer of 2015.

Svante Lindqvist
Marshal of the Realm

Last edited:
Good that the speculation is over, and the Swedish public can get on with digesting the news.

The ring
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050011X1403882437198315

What an earth is this, they call the press to be there 16.30, they wait and wait. Carl Philip and Sofia walk at the courtyard. The press waits. Then the press is taken through the palace to other side of the Palace and now the press is bossied what they can do and what they can not do. And the press waits. Lousy PR from the court.
Way too much fuss. Much more fuss than at the engagement of crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel.

Last edited:
Well, congratulations and all the best to the both of them!
(probably not a popular opinion, but i figured an engagement thread needed a congratulatory message ;-) )

Congratulations to the couple!
Given the lowered standards, I guess Ms Helqvist is not the worst choice.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple ... cant wait for the wedding :)

I don´t like at all the way everything is being done :whistling:

But it´s time to congratulate the couple. I want to see that interview (if there is going to be any)

Congratulations to them both! Great news :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Engagement of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist; June 27, 2014

I hope that they get their happy ending, after all of this time and all the talking and different opinions, it would be really good to see that it was worth it.

If they have the wedding next summer, why they had to get engaged on Chris' birthday?

Well congrats. They are obviously in love and happy with each other
and all the speculations are finally over. Though I would bet the Swedish magazines are now eager to print pics of Sofia's past next to the engagement pics.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm so happy for them! And they look so incredibly happy and they're absolutely radiant! Best of luck to them and their marriage! :)

Well it's very inconsiderate given that it's Chris's big birthday......the international media will make this news very interesting most probably

Last edited:
Oh this is exciting! I knew they'd get around to it one of these days.

She's going to be a gorgeous bride

I look forward to the wedding!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

^Well, from what I've seen of Chris, I'm pretty sure he'd much rather celebrate his birthday in private and not have media discussing it, so I think he'll welcome the engagement happening on his birthday.

Well it's very inconsiderate given the Chris's big birthday......the international media will make this news very interesting most probably

Chris is a private person who chose not to take a title. I imagine he couldn't care less that the engagement was announced on his birthday.

I can't believe my eyes, the king and queen come to the group photo with them. Why? They made the awkward video with Victoria and Daniel, and nothing with Madeleine and Chris.
And now the king and queen are talking and babbling with the press and praising Sofia? Why they are treating Carl Philip and Sofia so differently than Victoria and Daniel? Because the king wanted Carl Philip to be the heir...

Last edited:
People here are kind of bitter. Congrats to the happy couple!

Back
Top Bottom