Discussion about Sofia Hellqvist's Past & Future Role in the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to swedish press they met already at 2007 for the first time at night club V. And in summer 2008 in Båstad.

Why is Emma held up on a holy plate?

And even if Sofia would have gone after Carl Philip while he was still with Emma, would he just been the victim to whom it all just happened?

Because she has a blameless past, she has had a good job since she was 20, and when she dated with Carl Philip, she was always very discreet - unlike Sofia. And I think that it also tells something about Emma, that she is one of princess Madeleine's closest friends.
http://se.linkedin.com/pub/emma-lovisa-pernald/13/248/975

Last edited:
Why is Emma held up on a holy plate?

And even if Sofia would have gone after Carl Philip while he was still with Emma, would he just been the victim to whom it all just happened?

I didn't say that CP is a victim, not at all. But to me their relationship began far earleir than what they say and if there was a cheating it qould be a bad thing I suppose ;.)

Last edited:
Because she has a blameless past, she has had a good job since she was 20, and when she dated with Carl Philip, she was always very discreet - unlike Sofia. And I think that it also tells something about Emma, that she is one of princess Madeleine's closest friends.
http://se.linkedin.com/pub/emma-lovisa-pernald/13/248/975

Aha, that is where the truth comes out. Because Emma meets certain poster's standards and conditions she is deemed suitable.
Carl Philip proposed to Sofia and not to Emma.

And why has Sofia not been discreet? Has she revealed scandalous things?

I didn't say that CP is a victim, not at all. But to me their relationship began far earleir than what they say and if there was a cheating it qould be a bad thing I suppose ;.)

I didn't indicate that you said that, it was my statement.
And that their relationship started far earlier for you, that is what you want believe. And I believe that her past has all to do with it.
And cheating? Don't you think that if that was the case it would have been public knowledge long ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't indicate that you said that, it was my statement.
And that their relationship started far earlier for you, that is what you believe. And I believe that her past has all to do with it.

You asked why Emma is considered highy and if CP would be a victim quoting my statement so I thought you had asked me and I replied:flowers: And yes, it's my personal opinion you don't have to agree

You asked why Emma is considered highy and if CP would be a victim quoting my statement so I thought you had asked me and I replied:flowers: And yes, it's my personal opinion you don't have to agree

Well, everything is clear now :flowers:.

Aha, that is where the truth comes out. Because Emma meets certain poster's standards and conditions she is deemed suitable.
Carl Philip proposed to Sofia and not to Emma.

And why has Sofia not been discreet? Has she revealed scandalous things?

I think that most people respect young people who have a good career. Sofia hasn't been discreet at all. She, unlike Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris, has many times talked with the press about the members of the royal family. It has been a policy in swedish royal family that the girl- and boyfriends don't talk with the press about their relationship with the members of the royal family, about their respectives, or about the other members of the royal family. For instance, Daniel gave a couple of interviews about his work to newspapers. He demanded that Victoria is left totally out of the interview, the interview is about his work only and demanded the right to read the interview and accept it before it was published. And Victoria wasn't mentioned at the interviews. Sofia has babbled about her relationship with Carl Philip constantly with the press.
Why the king has allowed this, I don't know. But it is a big slap to the face of Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris who were always very discreet with their relationship with the royal family before the engagement.

I think that most people respect young people who have a good career. Sofia hasn't been discreet at all. She, unlike Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris, has many times talked with the press about the members of the royal family. It has been a policy in swedish royal family that the girl- and boyfriends don't talk with the press about their relationship with the members of the royal family, about their respectives, or about the other members of the royal family. For instance, Daniel gave a couple of interviews about his work to newspapers. He demanded that Victoria is left totally out of the interview, the interview is about his work only and demanded the right to read the interview and accept it before it was published. And Victoria wasn't mentioned at the interviews. Sofia has babbled about her relationship with Carl Philip constantly with the press.
Why the king has allowed this, I don't know. But it is a big slap to the face of Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris who were always very discreet with their relationship with the royal family before the engagement.

The first, okay. But as long as she hasn't said anything scandalous and only had nice words to say (which is the case I believe), I don't see what the problem is.
"Constantly"? I don't think she had the newspapers at speed dial on her phone :lol:. I believe she is of a new generation, which Carl Philip apparently loves and some posters on this forum clearly despise or at least seriously dislike.

The family themselves clearly have no problems whatsoever with Sofia and you don't know whether Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris find it a big slap in their face. It's clear that you think it is, fair enough, but I don't think they care very much. Everyone is happily married with their own family (whatever road they had to travel for it) and I'm sure they are happy for Carl Philip that he has found the girl he wants to spend his life with.

Edit: I have Googled Emma Pernald and don't get that "he should have chosen her" vibe from her at all. She seems an independent, businesslike woman. Sympathetic and kind, but eventually too independent for Carl Philip. Sofia seems more vulnerable, not *that* independent - and just that is what I feel Carl Philip needs. A girl whom he can protect.
I think with Emma he would eventually have been snowed under and I don't think that is what Carl Philip wants or needs.

Last edited:
The first, okay. But as long as she hasn't said anything scandalous and only had nice words to say (which is the case I believe), I don't see what the problem is.
"Constantly"? I don't think she had the newspapers at speed dial on her phone :lol:. I believe she is of a new generation, which Carl Philip apparently loves and some posters on this forum clearly despise or at least seriously dislike.

The family themselves clearly have no problems whatsoever with Sofia and you don't know whether Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris find it a big slap in their face. It's clear that you think it is, fair enough, but I don't think they care very much. Everyone is happily married with their own family (whatever road they had to travel for it) and I'm sure they are happy for Carl Philip that he has found the girl he wants to spend his life with.

Edit: I have Googled Emma Pernald and don't get that "he should have chosen her" vibe from her at all. She seems an independent, businesslike woman. Sympathetic and kind, but eventually too independent for Carl Philip. Sofia seems more vulnerable, not *that* independent - and just that is what I feel Carl Philip needs. A girl whom he can protect.
I think with Emma he would eventually have been snowed under and I don't think that is what Carl Philip wants or needs.
Skippy:
1) The problem is she should know that talking to the press about anything in the royal is a big NO NO. What she says is not the problem, that fact that she *talked* is the problem. In time who knows what would slip out of her mouth even by accident. To keep that from happening, *Don't talk to the press period*.
2) You don't know what the royal family feels or thinks, your not privy to any conversation that they might have regarding this girl and the up coming marriage. Don't assume that you do and if you do know them for a fact on a personal level, why would you even talk about it?
3) CPC seems to want a girl that will walk 3 steps behind him, I get the impression that from his past job experiences, designing, farming courses, etc, that he is very insecure within himself as to who he is as a man and a prince. He seems to want a girl that will always be at his beck and call, not some one who is intelligent, strong, mature, career minded, a Barbie doll so to speak. That is what he got. I wonder how she will speak to all those that attend the Noble Peace Dinners for all those are very highly educated, intelligent, hard working people with whom the world knows all the good that they do, people to be highly respected in their fields and what they do. I know that I would have a hard time talking to them and I respect them for what they do.
Don't worry about her, I see that you have a big crush on her;) and she is the perfect princess, she and PCP will enjoy their lives together, they don't even have to work for a living, and they can go race cars, so sailing, go clubbing, go shopping and just enjoy life without a thought to anything. They are having their cake and eating it, what a life.

Some people will use Sofia's past against her forever, that cannot be changed, just like the past. For me, the important thing is that she moved from her past and is doing her charity work and building a future with the man she loves. Too bad if some people here are trapped on the past. Too bad for them, of course. But it all to easy to judge when we're safely protected by avatars and usernames and with our garbage well-hidden.

They say the Prince and his fiancé are hanger-ons, ignoring that Prince Carl Philip is a patron of medical research and sports amd that he also has his work as racer and a designer. And, of course, they ignore Sofia's role with Project Playground, for which she seems very dedicated. Some posters also seems to know the exact amount of money Prince Carl Philip receives from the taxpayer, and I would love to know from where they got the information.

I also read here that we can't assume here - I even know speculation is not allowed here -, but seems okay to speculate that the Royal Family doesn't like Sofia, the swedish people does not want Prince Carl Philip to marry her and I even read some speculation that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia were cheating on the perfect and immaculate Saint Emma Pernald.

Some posters also should notice that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia are not Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel or Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill. The situations are different and people involved are different. I doubt the Swedish Royal Family plans every engagement and wedding to happen exactly as the previous one.

But I know many people here don't see a need to stick to the facts, what they feel for Prince Carl Philip and Sofia is the only thing that matters.

Skippy:
1) The problem is she should know that talking to the press about anything in the royal is a big NO NO. What she says is not the problem, that fact that she *talked* is the problem. In time who knows what would slip out of her mouth even by accident. To keep that from happening, *Don't talk to the press period*.

If CP isn't objecting to her behaviour here, what right do we have to object?

I think people often forget that Sofia is a celebrity in her own right. Whether you respect the choices she made before she met CP or not, she was a person with a level of fame and a relationship with and attitude towards the press that was developed well before her current relationship. While it may be breaking taboos around being with a royal (or quasi-royal) it is a fact. Consider the Tindalls in Britain - Mike and Zara, both being celebrities in their own right because of their careers have a relationship with the press that is very different from Zara's royal cousins. Mike doesn't get criticized when he answers questions about his personal life, and shouldn't be, because that's the relationship he developed with the press well before he met Zara. It's not because he's using her for fame, it's because he was famous before her.

I think a big reason why Sofia (and Gad for that matter) get this criticism while people like Mike don't is that the public generally approves of Mike, but disapproves of Sofia and Gad.

2) You don't know what the royal family feels or thinks, your not privy to any conversation that they might have regarding this girl and the up coming marriage. Don't assume that you do and if you do know them for a fact on a personal level, why would you even talk about it?

Neither side is privy to the personal thoughts of the Swedish Royal Family on this match. Those who are against Sofia are determined the family is against it, and those who are okay with her think the family doesn't mind.

To me it looks like the family is publicly supporting the relationship. CP was given permission to marry her. Madeleine chose to congratulate them on her Facebook page. I'm not sure if Victoria has done anything public in support of her sister-in-law-to-be, but I doubt she's publicly done anything against her either.

Sofia's been around for awhile now, and appearances seem to suggest that the family is accepting her, regardless of their feelings about her past. That's my interpretation though, you're welcome to see it a different way.

3) CPC seems to want a girl that will walk 3 steps behind him, I get the impression that from his past job experiences, designing, farming courses, etc, that he is very insecure within himself as to who he is as a man and a prince. He seems to want a girl that will always be at his beck and call, not some one who is intelligent, strong, mature, career minded, a Barbie doll so to speak. That is what he got. I wonder how she will speak to all those that attend the Noble Peace Dinners for all those are very highly educated, intelligent, hard working people with whom the world knows all the good that they do, people to be highly respected in their fields and what they do. I know that I would have a hard time talking to them and I respect them for what they do.

I actually think it's rather common for royals to want spouses who shine a little less than they do. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, even if it does sound bad.

If you marry a royal you're committing yourself to a life in the spotlight and to a system where your spouse - regardless of gender - is always higher than you. Daniel will never be as important as Victoria. Camilla, and Diana before her, will never be as important as Charles. Letizia will never be as important as Felipe, and so on. The relationships that work and last in this system are the ones that have both partners realizing and accepting this and the "lesser" one finding some way to thrive in the shadow. A good example of this, in my opinion, is HMQEII and the DoE. He found a niche that he fits into perfectly and a way to shine without ever overshadowing his wife. Like it or not, this is something of the role that Sofia is headed for.

The way Emma gets described, as this independent, career-minded woman, makes for amazing qualities in a woman, but not so great qualities in a royal bride.

Don't worry about her, I see that you have a big crush on her;) and she is the perfect princess, she and PCP will enjoy their lives together, they don't even have to work for a living, and they can go race cars, so sailing, go clubbing, go shopping and just enjoy life without a thought to anything. They are having their cake and eating it, what a life.

Is it really necessary to attack people in such a manner when they disagree with you?

Is it really necessary to attack people in such a manner when they disagree with you?

I don't call this attacking, it is my opinion whether you like it or not......and others are allowed to name call someone.......different standards do apply when someone voices an opinion that is way different then the sugar that floats around........I don't do sugar for anyone unless I think they deserve it and that is my standards and opinion and for others so be it.......
And as for SH being famous before she met PCP, famous for what? How intelligent is it to do what she did, not at all. You can like her, I can not like her, so what....
We each have our own standards in life of what we think/expect of people regardless of who they are.......
This is the very beginning and as someone here said *if in time she becomes like Princess Lillian then I will also comeback and eat my words*, so will I.....give it time I say........

I can't compare Sofia with princess Lilian at all, since princess Lilian lived about 30 years in Sweden in total privacy. She was discreet and dignified. Yes, the times were different, but still. Sofia has been openly with Carl Philip ever since the press told that they are dating.

Last edited:
Ish:The way Emma gets described, as this independent, career-minded woman, makes for amazing qualities in a woman, but not so great qualities in a royal bride.

Ish:
Please don't let Queen Maxima or Queen Litzia hear that, both are very strong highly intelligent ladies in their own right with high demanding careers before they met their prince. And I would say that neither prince expects them to walk 3 steps behind them as the princes are also highly intelligent hard working men. These are different men then PCP, they want/expect more from the women they marry..........these are partnership in equal terms of both men and women.

I can't compare Sofia with princess Lilian at all, since princess Lilian lived about 30 years in Sweden in total privacy. She was discreet and dignified. Yes, the times were different, but still. Sofia has been openly with Carl Philip ever since the press told that they are dating.

Your right Lady Finn, Princess Lillian was a most gracious and dignified lady/princess, someone who commanded respect and got it for the type of lady that she was. I think she was also an increditablely beautiful lady, just stunning!

:previous: Much as I think many would have wished for a more "proper" wife for Carl Philip, Sofia is who he has chosen, his parents endorsed and the government rubber stamped.

So we have Sofia Hellqvist, one time model and currently working for a charity, engaged to and living with, her partner Carl Philip, who just happens to be a Prince. Every young girl's dream.

Bottom line, barring a catastrophe, they will marry next year and everyone that loathes her will just have to accept it as a fact. There is nothing to be gained by going over and over her early poor choices and psychoanalysing every little thing she has said and done on record. It will not change a thing. At the very least I believe she will become a Duchess and, with doting parents, perhaps more.

As the King and Queen grow older they are going to need at least one other couple of CP Victoria's generation to uphold the House of Bernadotte. Madeleine and Chris seem to have their own lives to live.

To my way of thinking she comes off as sort of awkward. She doesn't smile and wave to the press with the elan or confidence of an actress or that of a royal. There is almost a naïve quality about the way she acts. Regardless of her celebrity/notoriety, there is an almost childlike air about her, as she looks around at everyone else. Try checking a young royal at a "first", the expressions will be much the same.

I hope she is not overly hurt by the incredibly harsh judgements people have made and that her engagement is a time of learning as well as preparation for her wedding because, for better or worse, CP loves her and she loves him.

Some people will use Sofia's past against her forever, that cannot be changed, just like the past. For me, the important thing is that she moved from her past and doing her charity and building a future with the man she loves. Too bad if some people here are trapped on the past. Too bad for them, of course. But it all to easy to judge when we're safely protected by avatars and usernames and with our garbage well-hidden.

They say the Prince and his fiancé are hanger-ons, ignoring that Prince Carl Philip is a patron of medical research and sports amd that he also has he's work as racer and a designer. And, of course, they ignore Sofia's role with Project Playground, for which she seems very dedicated. Some posters also seems to know the exact amount of money Prince Carl Philip receives from the taxpayer, and I would love to know from where they got the information.

I also read here that we can't assume here - I even know speculation is not allowed here -, but seems okay to speculate that the Royal Family doesn't like Sofia, the swedish people does not want Prince Carl Philip to marry her and I even read some speculation that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia were cheating on the perfect and immaculate Saint Emma Pernald.

Some posters also should notice that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia are now Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel or Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill. The situations are different and people involved are different. I doubt the Swedish Royal Family plans every engagement and wedding to happen exactly as the previous one.

But I know many people here don't see a need to stick to the facts, the ridiculous, childish, bitter and envious irrational hatred they feel for Prince Carl Philip and Sofia is the only thing that matters.

Best comment I've read about the Carl Philip and Sofia situation in a very long while. Thank you so much. I couldn't have done better. :flowers:

If CP isn't objecting to her behaviour here, what right do we have to object?

I think people often forget that Sofia is a celebrity in her own right. Whether you respect the choices she made before she met CP or not, she was a person with a level of fame and a relationship with and attitude towards the press that was developed well before her current relationship. While it may be breaking taboos around being with a royal (or quasi-royal) it is a fact. Consider the Tindalls in Britain - Mike and Zara, both being celebrities in their own right because of their careers have a relationship with the press that is very different from Zara's royal cousins. Mike doesn't get criticized when he answers questions about his personal life, and shouldn't be, because that's the relationship he developed with the press well before he met Zara. It's not because he's using her for fame, it's because he was famous before her.

I think a big reason why Sofia (and Gad for that matter) get this criticism while people like Mike don't is that the public generally approves of Mike, but disapproves of Sofia and Gad.

Great comment also. I've said this before but it is always brushed aside with an "Famous for what? Parading naked in front of a camera or doing silly stuff in a reality show?" Fact is, it isn't important for what she is famous, just that she is or rather has been before meeting Carl Philip. Like you said, she developed her own relationship with the press and just keeps true to them. Honestly, I think the same people "blablabla"ing about her talking to the press would write comments like "Now that she's the girlfriend of a prince she feels she is to good for the occassional statements she did before. How arrogant of her. Does she already think she's a princess herself?" Like someone (I think Dman) already wrote: She is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Luckily for her she seems to have enough selfesteem to ignore those comments.

Btw, it's nice to have so much new posters here who are willing to give Sofia a chance since the engagement was announced. Posters who see what she does today and let her past be her past. It was a very lonely battle for us few who were willing to do that for years now.

Last edited:
Well imo it could have been much worse:
- being a known criminal or associating with criminals (and no, soft-porn/nudity is not criminal)
- having extremist/militant political views (yes, for a spouse of a royal that's potentially a very bad thing)
- being a hard-core porn actress who weekly has gangbangs in public :lol:
- etc etc

No royal spouse past or present is perfect: not ..a..single..one...

SElizabeth: It's very clear that your opinion and my opinion about Prince Carl Philip and Sofia could not be further apart. No, I am not in love with her as you state, I am just very fiery in my way of expressing things. Just like you are, in fact.

Neither, to my knowledge, have I said that I know things. I always use phrases as "I think", "according to me", "I get the feeling". I keep the message with myself, as I can only speak for myself and what I think or feel.

I remain with what I have said, just like you do - we won't ever agree, so let's keep it at this.

I guess that Sofia is from a new generation, who is more open, and that does not suit everyone. I don't mind, I think it's a sign of changed/evolved times. Royals are people of flesh and blood also and not holy, elevated people who live in their own world.

But some people do still prefer that way.

Carl Philip should not be receiving apanage. He is only the younger brother

Carl Philip should not be receiving apanage. He is only the younger brother

He doesn't get apanage AFAIK. Only Carl Gustaf (because he's the king) king and Victoria (because she's the crown princess) get apanage for their work. And if they give their spouses, kids some of their apanage it's their decission. Just like it's the choice of a banker if he keeps all the money he works for for himself or gives some to his spouse or kids. They don't need to go to the bank and work for the money that's already been worked for. That would be completely idiotic. So why everyone thinks it should be otherwise in a RF is beyond me. Like I said a few weeks ago, only the king and Victoria really have to work, because they get the money. Everyone else in the RF works for free and gets only some money because the king and Victoria decided so. The money is worked for by Victoria and the king. Everyone else doesn't need to do anything for the money. But some just don't want to get that into their heads.

Last edited:
Oh I didnt know that.
But why dont he get a job I Wonder. And why dont sofia get a job.

This subject will always have a huge divide. Exactly as there is one when discussing Charles and Camilla. You can't change the past. If it upsets you all that much maybe you should try not to think about it. Me, I am loving the fact that some royals, that have been crucified in media, are now coming into their own and doing great while others are being found out as "not-so-good". Makes for really good reading but doesn't affect my life or temper.

Good evening to everyone! I never said they shouldn't marry. I do think that they deserve each other, look perfectly matched etc.

But CP should quit his titles and denounce his rights to the throne first. I was basically asking: Aren't the Swedes shocked about their new princess-to-be? I mean they are going to pay for her lifestyle as long as she lives, either she remains married or divorces CP.

And a simple question to all these people who rush to support Sofia and her past: would you like such a girl to marry your brother? Would you welcome her with joy as a member of your family? A straight yes or no.

But CP should quit his titles and denounce his rights to the throne first. I was basically asking: Aren't the Swedes shocked about their new princess-to-be? I mean they are going to pay for her lifestyle as long as she lives, either she remains married or divorces CP.

The King and the Government of Sweden said he could marry her and keep his titles and succession rights, so I doubt we - people on a Internet forums - can say what he should have done.

And a simple question to all these people who rush to support Sofia and her past: would you like such a girl to marry your brother? Would you welcome her with joy as a member of your family? A straight yes or no.

Yes.

I would love to see my brother marrying a girl who loves him and makes him happy. I would look beyond her huge past mistakes and respect her for her charity work and willingness to change, as I see no need to be trapped in the past and resentful, unforgiving and judgmental.

Good evening to everyone! I never said they shouldn't marry. I do think that they deserve each other, look perfectly matched etc.

If my family and I got to know the young lady over a period of time and we see my brother very happy and she's very happy, yes, we would welcome the young lady with open arms. It's about getting to know the person on a much more face to face and personal level that makes the difference.

It's pretty easy to sit behind a computer, look at a set of photos and judge a person.

I don't think Prince Carl Philip will denounce his titles and rights to the throne because there's no need for him to do so and most likely the royal family, parliament and people of Sweden don't see a need for him to do so either.

Last edited:

Yes
(in our family we all have flaws and we would first get to know her before passing judgement, when we knew her well, we would probably be interested to know what it was like to pose naked :lol:
What would turn us off would be if she was nasty to him or slap or belittle him... we like that less, but even then we'd welcome her with open arms if our brother would like us to)

I wouldn't bother to be honest. My siblings can marry who they want, it's their business. I would never start a discussion or interfere about a choice of partner since I don't have to live with that particular person and I wouldn't want anyone else doing the same to me. In my family there are in-laws who aren't my cup of tea, but we get along nicely on the few occasions we meet. We respect each other and do not get too close unless being invited to. You don't have to be close or best friends with everybody, a superficial relation will do imo.

With regard to Sweden, I don't think many Swedes bother and will agree that CP can marry who he likes since I don't think what the SRF does will be important or interesting for too many people anyway. CP doesn't get an apanage, so CG will pay for him and Sofia privately. People might get annoyed if Sofia turns herself into Her Royal Celebrity.

In general, with CP marrying Sofia, the decline of the idea of monarchy or the regard in what the SRF is being held in public will only be faster.

Last edited:
DoM,

A large part of it is the aggressive way the Swedish press has decided to champion this girl, whitewash her past, and suppress any dissent by refusing to print opposing, negative viewpoints about her. I think SH would be wise to take a lesson from the sad, sordid tale of Sarah Ferguson. Once the British press built her up as the next best thing since diet soda, they went after her like ravenous wolves. Her downfall was shocking to see. The press giveth and the press taketh away, believe it.

Nothing can be truer than your last statement. I am starting to see the SRF as not truly even "Royal" anymore. As unfair as it might sound, they are just like my neighbors living in gorgeous palaces with a cache of great jewelry at their fingertips.

In general, with CP marrying Sofia, the decline of the idea of monarchy or the regard in what the SRF is being held in public will only be faster.

DoM,
Nothing can be truer than your last statement. I am starting to see the SRF as not truly even "Royal" anymore. As unfair as it might sound, they are just like my neighbors living in gorgeous palaces with a cache of great jewelry at their fingertips.

In that respect, which monarchy is still royal in these days?

DoM,

A large part of it is the aggressive way the Swedish press has decided to champion this girl, whitewash her past, and suppress any dissent by refusing to print opposing, negative viewpoints about her. I think SH would be wise to take a lesson from the sad, sordid tale of Sarah Ferguson. Once the British press built her up as the next best thing since diet soda, they went after her like ravenous wolves. Her downfall was shocking to see. The press giveth and the press taketh away, believe it.

I agree with you, the only motivation for the press to do so is to make money. They built up Sofia, and now they are rewarded with coverage since she becomes a public person. Depending what makes more money, she will be the fairy tale princess or the celebrity princess or the princess who polarizes and is being hauted by the press.

IMO the Swedish press has been working on the whitewash for that reason only since Victoria is quite boring and the Madeleine drama topic will eventually fade out. Sofia is the future cash cow for the pink press and I believe she is happy to deliver.

In that respect, which monarchy is still royal in these days?

I can only answer for myself. The ones that I believe conduct themselves with at least a semblance of Royal dignity are Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Denmark...in fact most of them except Monaco and now Sweden.

I deeply admire Elizabeth II most of all. She is everything a true Royal should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom