The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 01:40 AM
Majesty

Lady Finn, I have read from that blog. The excerpts you have copied here are harmless, even charming, imo. Who cares if Sofia laughed so hard in class she got a tummy ache? I've done that too.

I'm more discomfited by other entries she and her pal Camilla posted about their grand nightlife adventures in NYC, a lovely little "poem" they composed, and a photo of the two of them pole-dancing.

We are definitely entering a Brave New World in the area of Royal watching.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 03-31-2015, 01:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Lady Finn, I have read from that blog. The excerpts you have copied here are harmless, even charming, imo. Who cares if Sofia laughed so hard in class she got a tummy ache? I've done that too.
Harmless to laugh if their teacher had "crazy foot", cramps in his legs? It could have been a more serious disease too. I know a person who has head spasms, maybe dystonia. I feel always very sad when people are laughing at him, when he can't control his head.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:55 AM
Majesty

My point is that it's relatively harmless and innocent compared to the OTHER stuff she writes in the blog. And it doesn't sound like the teacher had a true disability...just a garden variety charley horse.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 03-31-2015, 02:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
. . . . . It's an opinion, Marg. I've been losing interest in her. (I personally think it's due to the long engagement, but there are other factors). Is that offensive to you on some level? I really don't get it. I posted on this thread some time back and so still get it's feed. I saw the posts pertaining to the Italian tabloids (pretty much accentuating the problem) and thought I'd chime in. My view is pertinent to Sofia's future role in the SRF, which is the topic of the thread. It may be an uncomfortable view for you to hear, and for that I'm sorry, but should I not say my view because it makes you uncomfortable? An honest question.
Of course you should give your view. The questions were to clarify some of your somewhat oblique references. Nothing more.

As you can see from some other posts, I was not the only one that didn't "get" the context of some or all of the references. However, there is one part of my post were context was blurred by the lack of a question mark, which turned my question into a statement of fact. My apologies. To be clear, I was asking a for clarification of a post.
Quote:
Hmm, so Sofia has become a kind of surrogate "whipping boy" to allow people to vent their frustrations in what is essentially a mean and ugly way. Worse, some posters have no actual interest in Sofia or this thread but are here just for the argument?
Since the error in grammar turned a question into a statement of fact let me clarify my point. You can be sure that I am not advocating that this, or any other, thread turn into a "Fansite".
Old 03-31-2015, 06:05 AM
Serene Highness

I suppose that in the eyes of some royal diehards, she has 'tarnished' the image of what royalty should be and which members a royal house should have. And that's why they get so worked up about her.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Harmless to laugh if their teacher had "crazy foot", cramps in his legs? It could have been a more serious disease too. I know a person who has head spasms, maybe dystonia. I feel always very sad when people are laughing at him, when he can't control his head.
I think the problem lies in translation. What they appear in context to be talking about is a "charlie horse", which is a popular colloquial term in Canada and the United States for painful spasms or cramps in the leg muscles. Dancers are prone to them and so are athletes. Then again, you can get one just stretching in bed. That they have a silly nickname reflects the degree of severity of the condition.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I agree. Not harmless. Speaks volumes about her. A leg cramp is painful and uncomfortable. Watching someone have one is not pleasant. It's hard to fathom someone laughing about it.

BTW I've never called a leg cramp a 'charley horse'. Perhaps this is a regional thing? A leg cramp is a leg cramp and is a pretty unhappy situation. If they were in stitches (laughing) about it, I am speechless. I don't know what to say.

Quote:
My point is that it's relatively harmless and innocent compared to the OTHER stuff she writes in the blog. And it doesn't sound like the teacher had a true disability...just a garden variety charley horse.
Understood. But I take Lady Finn's point, too. It's a valid one, I think.

Quote:
We are definitely entering a Brave New World in the area of Royal watching.
Yes, indeed.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:22 PM
Royal Highness

Well, Royal Watching in the SRF has been pretty juicy the last half-dozen years, without any input from Sofia. Nothing brave nor new about it.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

On the cover of Expressen Extra
Secret plans
Sofia takes over Madeleine's role at the Palace
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010090...86603361839784

Stoppa pressarna quotes the article, Expressen Extra writes that Sofia's new role as a royal representative also seems to be a thought-out approach from the court's side. As Princess Madeleine lived in the US for a long time and then been on maternity leave with another child coming, she has for obvious reasons been unable to take on so many royal duties. Here, Sofia comes to her rescue by replacing at the duties which from the beginning might have been thought to Madeleine.
- Sofia gets in the wedding as a part of the royal family. Then of course naturally a part official duties are included, said Margareta Thorgen who wants to downplay reports that Sofia will replace Madeleine.
Nu ersätts prinsessan Madeleine – med Sofia Hellqvist Stoppa pressarna
Old 04-10-2015, 06:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
About Carl Philip's "higher profile", I see three reasons to that.
Firstly, after the scandal and big headlines with his designs (which weren't his), he or the court hired talented PR-woman Christina Saliba, who knew that Carl Philip needed positive publicity and remembered that Carl Philip had dyslexia and made out that Carl Philip went to a TV-show to talk about that.
Secondly, Sofia has sought for fame and media attention ever since she was sixteen, she didn't want a life with a prince who was hardly seen and noticed. Thirdly, Carl Philip has been seen as lazy and he needed good publicity before the wedding. So he has been working a little more lately.

I find it good that Carl Philip talks about his dyslexia, but he has been of age for 18 years, he could have talked about it long before he was 35. Now it is too transparent.
This! I don't know about dyslexia cos he may have felt unconfortable before, but the higher profile is surely a PR move to make swedes approve him more and so Sophia.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:08 AM
Serene Highness

If you have to have a PR campaign to make people like you and agree with your marriage...Victoria seems the only one in family who seems to have a real connection and warmth for the people or interest in them.Not a good thing at all.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Isn't it wonderful that Sweden will now have three princesses.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-10-2015, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
This! I don't know about dyslexia cos he may have felt unconfortable before, but the higher profile is surely a PR move to make swedes approve him more and so Sophia.
Nobody knows what the future holds, but it looks like Victoria and Daniel might not have another child after all. Given that Estelle is still a child and won't be having any children of her own for another 25 years or so, it is very likely that CP will be third in line to the throne, or later possibly second in line, for quite same time. Furthermore, if Victoria indeed doesn't have any more children, CP's eldest child with Sofia will be the new "spare". I just can't see someone that high up in the line of succession not playing a major role in royal duties.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Nobody knows what the future holds, but it looks like Victoria and Daniel might not have another child after all. Given that Estelle is still a child and won't be having any children of her own for another 25 years or so, it is very likely that CP will be third in line to the throne, or later possibly second in line, for quite same time. Furthermore, if Victoria indeed doesn't have any more children, CP's eldest child with Sofia will be the new "spare". I just can't see someone that high up in the line of succession not playing a major role in royal duties.
What on the earth makes you jump to that conclusion? Estelle is only little over three years old! Not everyone have their children within one or two years of each other – especially not people as busy as Victoria and Daniel.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

On the other hand why assume they will? Or they may decide not to have another for 10 years.They seem completely besotted by thier singleton and may be happy to stay that way for various reaons...and the family won't die out without a spare .
Old 04-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
What on the earth makes you jump to that conclusion? Estelle is only little over three years old! Not everyone have their children within one or two years of each other – especially not people as busy as Victoria and Daniel.

.. Probably just the fact, that Daniel is not a healthy man, and Victoria is approaching 40 - so ... the probability of conceiving naturally is allready much diminished - It took them many Years to have Estelle. I do very much wish, they would have another child.

I'm not a diehard royalist, but to have that Sofia in a Royal Family and be so near to the throne, is not a thought I cherirsh.

And NO i do not hate Sofia - I just think it is NOT Princess-material - she is more the Kadashian-Typ - which is bad enough
Old 04-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria may have a second child, remember with princess Charlene , a very big surprise. Victoria was pregnant a year after her wedding , it was not so long .
Princess Madeleine will also help her sister when her second child will be a little older.

CP is third in the sucession and will stay .

We will see Sofia at some events. CP untill now was not very busy with the royal events. His wife will be surely less busy than him.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Nobody knows what the future holds, but it looks like Victoria and Daniel might not have another child after all.
I also don't think Victoria and Daniel will be having more children and I think they know it. I believe this is why Leonore was given a title and why Madeleine and Chris moved back to Sweden because the fact is, for the moment Leonore is the spare of that generation.
I also think that if Carl Philip and Sofia have children (one assumes they want to but nothing's certain) That child will become the new "spare" which means CP and Sofia will be important, visible working members of the family.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
.. Probably just the fact, that Daniel is not a healthy man, and Victoria is approaching 40 - so ... the probability of conceiving naturally is allready much diminished - It took them many Years to have Estelle. I do very much wish, they would have another child.
Well, it took them (under) two years – just like it took William and Catherine two years to have George. Some people wait longer than others. By no means am I trying to say that they will for sure have another child, there's no way I'd know that, but I think it's fairly presumptuous to say that it "looks like" they won't have another. At least I can't see that it's that obvious.

Quote:
And NO i do not hate Sofia - I just think it is NOT Princess-material - she is more the Kadashian-Typ - which is bad enough
How can you be so sure that she isn't "Princess-material" before she's even a princess?

Old 04-12-2015, 06:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
How can you be so sure that she isn't "Princess-material" before she's even a princess?
What has Sofia done "Kardashian style" in the last ten years?

Tags
prince carl philip