The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

All posts and comments speculating about the possibility of a nose job have been removed as per the speculation rule.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The court hasn't announced it, they probably do it just before the wedding. Until that we don't know if she will get a title, or maybe she does like Chris and doesn't want a title.

The court has announced that Sofias title will be known shortly after the wedding.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silberqueen View Post
The court has announced that Sofias title will be known shortly after the wedding.
There hasn't been any press release about that. I think that this rumour was started at some forums after Johan T Lindwall spoke about the title at his show on Expressen-TV in November. I watched the show and didn't understand him saying that the title will be announced after the wedding.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the announcements of titles are made before the wedding.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think the announcements of titles are made before the wedding.
Yes, like for Daniel, Jonas, and about Chris that he doesn't want a title.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes. Maybe they will announce, just like Chris, she doesnt want a title. ;-P I give Chris a lot of credit for saying Thanks, but no thanks. I dont see S turning away any perk coming her way.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

But what exactly was the point of saying thanks but no thanks? Sure, he's going to have little to no public engagements on his own, and that's great if it's not something he wants, but he'll still accompany Madeleine at various public and official engagements AND their children are/are going to be titled. One could argue that by turning away that "perk", they now find themselves tangled into this weird arrangement of wanting their cake and eating it too – both wanting the entitlements that come with being a royal and to hold on to their privacy. I also don't understand why some people don't want Sofia to be titled? CP is further up the line of succession than Madeleine so it would make even more sense for his wife to be titled than for her husband to be.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

*OMMMMMM* practicing buddhist chant *OMMMMMMM*
Old 02-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
But what exactly was the point of saying thanks but no thanks? Sure, he's going to have little to no public engagements on his own, and that's great if it's not something he wants, but he'll still accompany Madeleine at various public and official engagements AND their children are/are going to be titled. One could argue that by turning away that "perk", they now find themselves tangled into this weird arrangement of wanting their cake and eating it too – both wanting the entitlements that come with being a royal and to hold on to their privacy. I also don't understand why some people don't want Sofia to be titled? CP is further up the line of succession than Madeleine so it would make even more sense for his wife to be titled than for her husband to be.
Sofia will have a title, because she is Mrs. Title. Chris, didn't want to be Mr. Madeleine. And, he is free to do what he wants.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:49 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
The point was to keep on with his business and life. If he had accepted it, he should have left his job and worked for the royal family. He didnt want to do it and I think it was a good choice. Sweden doesnt need 8 people. And according to what it was told, they support themselves and Madelein is paid when she does something. So I also don't see the fuss there.

I don't want Sofia to be titled because I dont see her fit to represent a country.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^Will their be life-long pouting when Sofia becomes a princess???
Old 02-13-2015, 09:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I think some are prepared to not give her a break, no matter what. It's not going to make a difference in Sofia's life. She'll be married and will have a job to do along side Carl Philip.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-13-2015, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
From some, yes. Like Dman said, there are people who think she deserves a break, and there are those who think that what she did a decade ago is unacceptable.

Personally, I don't care what she's done before. I'm more concerned with what I see as a lack of ambition. She doesn't have a formal university education. That's fine, if you do something else that shows your drive and ambition. Daniel is a prime example of that. I hope she proves me wrong after the wedding.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

Sofia has a university education?
Old 02-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Sofia has a university education?
No, she hasn't. I just wrote that. She has taken some classes, but never graduated (as far as I know).
Old 02-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Personally, I don't care what she's done before. I'm more concerned with what I see as a lack of ambition.
Surely you jest, as the saying goes. Sofia has more than enough ambition methinks. It's just a matter of in what direction one's ambitions lie, and that's a choice. She has ambition.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Surely you jest, as the saying goes. Sofia has more than enough ambition methinks. It's just a matter of in what direction one's ambitions lie, and that's a choice. She has ambition.
I'm totally serious. What does she want to do with her life these days? First and perhaps most important - are they (she and CP) going to be full time working members of the RF, or are they planning on taking the Madde/Chris route? What areas are she planning to focus on? Charities? Just sticking to the Project Playground thing won't be enough (and I personally don't think she's involved for any other reason than that it looks good on her CV). CP is involved in racing, cooking and design. Daniel is focusing on health and entrepreneurship. What is her field?
Old 02-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm totally serious. What does she want to do with her life these days? First and perhaps most important - are they (she and CP) going to be full time working members of the RF, or are they planning on taking the Madde/Chris route? What areas are she planning to focus on? Charities? Just sticking to the Project Playground thing won't be enough (and I personally don't think she's involved for any other reason than that it looks good on her CV). CP is involved in racing, cooking and design. Daniel is focusing on health and entrepreneurship. What is her field?
She and the palace officials will map all of that out probably after the wedding. Her interest and her royal role will gradually come to light. It's about being patient and just wait to see what kind of royal Sofia will become. None of it happens over night. It's a gradual process.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-13-2015, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm totally serious. What does she want to do with her life these days? First and perhaps most important - are they (she and CP) going to be full time working members of the RF
I think the only fulltime royals are the royal couple and the crown princess' couple. Prince Carl Philip already is no "full time royal" and there is no reason to expect Princess Sofia to become one.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fra85 View Post
The point was to keep on with his business and life. If he had accepted it, he should have left his job and worked for the royal family. He didnt want to do it and I think it was a good choice. Sweden doesnt need 8 people. And according to what it was told, they support themselves and Madelein is paid when she does something. So I also don't see the fuss there.

I don't want Sofia to be titled because I dont see her fit to represent a country.
Well Fra, since it's your country she would, in theory, be representing I have to bow to your feelings on the subject! :-) I am certainly in agreement with you.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip