Discussion about Sofia Hellqvist's Past & Future Role in the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swedish press really asks questions which go way beyond what is normal in Belgium, Spain, the Netherlands, etc. No one asked Prince Philippe what attracted him in Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz. That is private stuff. The Swedish press makes a more Disney sugarcake fondant of it, is my impression. "The Prince And The Showgirl". No wonder the Prince tries to answer with caution on such infantile questions.

But is this question why the love the man we are together? What to replay ? Is beautiful , smart, polite, intelligent? So stupid question.

Last edited:

Someone falls in love with someone because there is a great (phyisical) attraction between two people.

Wow. So what you're saying is you will only fall in love with someone because of their physical appearance? That's the definition of shallow in my opinion. For almost half the population looks don't matter in the case of love. Looks only last so long so if you're going to marry someone just because they look like a supermodel but have a crappy personality you are going to have a long, dreadful life.

I'm not saying there isn't a certain amount of physical attraction when one falls for another but, for that to be the first quality that comes to your mind about your future spouse...to a lot if people that IS shallow.

And whether Sofia really did start a charity out of the goodness of her heart or because she needed something to do..which we'll never know...the fact is that is admirable. Helping people is wonderful and someone who is giving of their time to help others is wonderful. Why didn't CP say anything about that? It apparently isn't high on his list. But racing cars, skiing and pottery making obviously is.

Like I said before, neither one of them had anything in depth to say about each so I guess they are well suited for each other.

I think the first thing you notice about someone is their looks. If there is not at least some physical attraction between two people the relationship doesn't usually go forward.

But...no genuine love relationship can survive for long based solely on physical/sexual attraction. It has to grow into something deeper at some point.

:previous: I agree. :flowers: Pretty simple. Carl Philip and Sofia were attracted and then found they were similar and compatible. End story (or begin story).

That is true. It is basically "shut up and be pretty". The best job description of a female fulltime royal. Look at Queen Máxima. No one is interested in her sustainable financing hobby. It is only about how she looks. She can forget everything she once learned as Economist and banker. Just shut up and be pretty.

Being pretty and keeping your mouth shut is not the only requirements to be a princess, in fact, many successful women who were top of their field became princesses and are doing just fine. For example, Princess Mary of Denmark had a successful career before marrying Fred, as did Maxima like you have already pointed out while Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg majored in German philology at Louvain-la-Neuve and also earned a master's degree in Berlin. After she worked for an investment fund company and so on...

We're not in the dark ages anymore, a princess isn't just used for birthing heirs and wearing great gowns/jewels. I'm not saying in order to be a princess you have to have a masters degree in Russian lit or philosophy but you have to be able to think critically and rationally. There is a lot to do and much to be expected of someone of that status.

Besides, if it's all about parties, lounging about and holiday's then what is the point of having them at all. It's just wasting money on someone's lifestyle at that point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom