The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #821  
Old 01-03-2015, 09:03 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Any updates? Autumn is long over.
Thorgren said that the decision will be made in the autumn, she didn't say "it will be told to the press in the autumn".
__________________

  #822  
Old 01-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
what will be sofia's title after the wedding? will she be addressed as Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland? do you think she may refuse a title to avoid controversy, just like chris did (although in his case for business purposes)?
She has nothing to refuse, she is not acquiring nobility or any title because of her marriage. Because she marries HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland, she can be styled by her husband's titles and form of address: Her Royal Highness Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland.

When Sofia would have married a friherre De Geer af Finspång, she can be addressed by her husband's title and form of address (Högvälborne / = High- and Wellborn) an be known as: the high- and wellborn lady Sofia friherrina De Geer af Finspång.

__________________

  #823  
Old 01-03-2015, 11:37 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,403
i'm sorry if i missed it, but what is sofia's education exactly? did she ever join a university course or worked in a 'serious' job?
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #824  
Old 01-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Nice Nofret's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i'm sorry if i missed it, but what is sofia's education exactly? did she ever join a university course or worked in a 'serious' job?
no - nothing

everything written - or better, left blank in her official bio - she has uncomonly little to show, for a woman of 30 years...
  #825  
Old 01-03-2015, 02:08 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,203
Not having a "proper" education means little, imo. I know plenty of amazing, wonderful, and smart people who never went to University.

And as someone who has had an immense amount of trouble securing a decent job despite my education level, I am rather on Sofia's side in this. Her choice of jobs may be a bit tawdry for some people, but that doesn't make her any less of a suitable princess. Goodness knows there have been countless Kings and Prince's who are far more troublesome than Sofia and yet they still were decent enough royals.

I don't agree with everything Sofia has done, but I'd rather like to give her the benefit of the doubt.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
  #826  
Old 01-03-2015, 03:32 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
And as someone who has had an immense amount of trouble securing a decent job despite my education level, I am rather on Sofia's side in this. Her choice of jobs may be a bit tawdry for some people, but that doesn't make her any less of a suitable princess. Goodness knows there have been countless Kings and Prince's who are far more troublesome than Sofia and yet they still were decent enough royals.
But there are awful lot of questions on Sofia's jobs, since the press doesn't want to publish her income during the years like they did to Daniel every year. How did she provide herself, how big was her income?
  #827  
Old 01-03-2015, 09:28 PM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,232
A number of posts have been removed as they went against several rules of the forum:

-Comparisons to other royals/individuals serve no purpose but to play a game of 'my royal is better than your royal', to antagonise other posters, and are usually employed when concrete evidence does not exist to back up an argument.
-Rumours and speculation from the gossip press, that are not verified, have no place being discussed here. Hinting that Sofia was something other than a waitress or yoga teacher while in New York, or because of her past photos, because that has been theorised by bottom-feeding tabloids is not on.

If you wish to discuss any of these matters, you may do so via PM (remembering that the rule that you must respect your fellow poster also applies) or you can go elsewhere.

Questions regarding this can be directed to a Swedish forum moderator via PM.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #828  
Old 01-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,400
Out of interest does Sofia have a job at the moment? Given that Carl Philip doesn't seem to carry out all that many duties I can't see Sofia taking on a full set of duties and doing more than Carl Philip does.
  #829  
Old 01-04-2015, 11:45 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Out of interest does Sofia have a job at the moment? Given that Carl Philip doesn't seem to carry out all that many duties I can't see Sofia taking on a full set of duties and doing more than Carl Philip does.
Sofia is the Secretary General of Project Playground, and she has said many times to Svensk Damtidning and Expressen that she is going to continue her work at PP after the wedding and not be a "full-time" princess.
  #830  
Old 01-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,400
To me that sounds perfect tbh. She can continue to work on a day job whilst still doing occasional royal duties. Even better that her day job is for a good cause.
Personally I think in time Sofia and Carl Philip will 'fade' into the background more than they do now. Once they are married and start a family they will become less of a fascination for the media.
  #831  
Old 01-04-2015, 12:22 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
But there are awful lot of questions on Sofia's jobs, since the press doesn't want to publish her income during the years like they did to Daniel every year. How did she provide herself, how big was her income?
Why do you all need to know her income so badly? I do not understand this fascination with her income. You know what job she had, leave it at that and stop trying to find something to nail her to the wall with. If there was something so awful in her past I am sure the King would have said no title, no royal wedding. Since not, I am keen to believe she's fine.

Nobody's done this for any of the other ladies, not even Kate. It reeks of wanting to find something so wrong with Sofia so you can have something "substantial" to lay your hate on.

It's gross. Yes monarchies/governments will hide things, but not like what the tabloids are suggesting. And if there was something more, I'd think the tabloids would have dug up proof.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
  #832  
Old 01-04-2015, 12:29 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Why do you all need to know her income so badly? I do not understand this fascination with her income. You know what job she had, leave it at that and stop trying to find something to nail her to the wall with.
Because I want that Sofia is treated equally with Daniel. The press told always his income, his taxes, how much his car cost etc. Of course, there was nothing to hide. But about Sofia the press hasn't told anything, and I find it very confusing. And it makes me suspicious.
  #833  
Old 01-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
A number of posts have been removed as they went against several rules of the forum:

-Comparisons to other royals/individuals serve no purpose but to play a game of 'my royal is better than your royal', to antagonise other posters, and are usually employed when concrete evidence does not exist to back up an argument.
With all due respect, in this particular instance, I disagree. SH is frequently criticized for not having a university education. Pointing out that other royal consorts were equally uneducated or lacked any significant career accomplishment, but were nonetheless never criticized for that, just highlights the double standards to which Sofia and other royals before her are held. In Sofia's case, that double standard has far more to do with elitism/class prejudice than with her education per se.
  #834  
Old 01-04-2015, 12:37 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Because I want that Sofia is treated equally with Daniel. The press told always his income, his taxes, how much his car cost etc. Of course, there was nothing to hide. But about Sofia the press hasn't told anything, and I find it very confusing. And it makes me suspicious.
It's not suspicious to me. But then again I don't need to be rummaging in people's personal finances if they're not on trial for financial reasons!

There are a dozen reasons why Sofia's income hasn't been published by the papers and I don't immediately jump to illegal things! The truth is we have no proof and thus this discussion should stop. You want to wonder why, fine, but there's no need to bring in nasty little rumors to do so.

I guess one can't hope that the papers just didn't print it because they want to be respectful, hmm?
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
  #835  
Old 01-04-2015, 12:54 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
I guess one can't hope that the papers just didn't print it because they want to be respectful, hmm?
If that is the case, why they didn't have the same policy regarding Daniel? That doesn't make any sense.
The income is public information and can be published. Just a couple of weeks ago the press in Sweden published the income of many public persons.

Something about Sofia's possible income can be found from the Annual report of Project Playground, Project Playground didn't pay any salaries in 2010, and in 2011 they paid salaries and compensations 70619 SEK = 7450 euros. A person has been employed 0,4 out of normal work day. The report doesn't tell if it has been Sofia.
http://www.project-playground.org/wp...sning-2011.pdf

In 2012 Project Playground had three people they paid salaries 673300 SEK = 71100 euros (if the compensations to the board are included, they don't tell it)
http://www.project-playground.org/wp...sning-2012.pdf
  #836  
Old 01-04-2015, 12:59 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
If that is the case, why they didn't have the same policy regarding Daniel? That doesn't make any sense.
The income is public information and can be published. Just a couple of weeks ago the press in Sweden published the income of many public persons.
please, Daniel married Victoria before or around the time it became public that Sofia & CP were dating.

Again, there are a hundred reasons why they aren't publishing it. Doesn't mean anything illegal has been going on.

My main problem is that with Sofia people are so quick to jump to some scandalous thing when there is no proof. Wondering is fine, jumping to conclusions is not (at least on this board, though really it's common sense). I get you being confused as to why they did it for Daniel and not for Sofia, but there's no reason to attack Sofia for it. Maybe the press don't have her information. Maybe the press has found common decency. Maybe they're waiting until just before the wedding to show things. Who knows?

I just think people here need to calm down when it comes to Sofia. The accusations are getting too wild.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
  #837  
Old 01-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
If that is the case, why they didn't have the same policy regarding Daniel? That doesn't make any sense.
Probably they did so with Daniel because he was going to be the consort to the future Queen. With the succession secured past Victoria, the need to vet Sofia in the same way is not seen as important. However, there is possibly some sexism involved. Also, we know that Sofia has a checkered past. Going into her background in this way would simply accentuate it to no real purpose. It's not like any thing in her past will stop the wedding. All that has been taken care of, I would think. (I hope so!)

Quote:
Something about Sofia's possible income can be found from the Annual report of Project Playground, Project Playground didn't pay any salaries in 2010, and in 2011 they paid salaries and compensations 70619 SEK = 7450 euros. A person has been employed 0,4 out of normal work day. The report doesn't tell if it has been Sofia.
http://www.project-playground.org/wp...sning-2011.pdf

In 2012 Project Playground had three people they paid salaries 673300 SEK = 71100 euros (if the compensations to the board are included, they don't tell it)
http://www.project-playground.org/wp...sning-2012.pdf
It is a given, when someone starts up their own charity, that they are very likely getting a salary. If they don't get a salary, then income gets funneled via other means, like honorariums and 'travel expenses', etc. It is exceedingly rare for charity work to be done for free, as a genuine volunteer, at the highest level, especially if it's one's own charity. If this surprises some people, it shouldn't. Charity work is labor like any other. It's like running a business, it is running a business. Charities employ accountants and lawyers and secretarial staff, as well as 'staff on the ground' to deliver services, and need a CEO, which it sounds like Sofia may be.

I have looked at the income/donations Project Playground has generated. I saw the 'pop' in it's figures. Carl Philip is also involved. His name alone associated with the charity would be a draw for big donors. There's no reason for both of them not to be getting some renumeration, especially as both are lending their names, and Sofia is doing work for the organization. Large donors expect that some percentage of their donations go to 'operating expenses'. It's the way it works and I'm all for it! Enormous good is accomplished around the world because the wealthy and influential can do this.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #838  
Old 01-08-2015, 01:54 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,855
Sofia in USA in 2006 with Mark Baker, the former husband of Vicky Andren (now Magnuson)
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Mark and Vicky, they got married in summer 2005 and were married less than two years. Mark was 21 years older than Vicky.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Mark Baker is a famour partyfixer and Sofia went often to his parties and of course met Vicky often too. The Swedes in New York were in same parties.

Small circles, Mark Baker with Maryam Abdullina, the former girlfriend of Chris O'Neill.
http://bfanyc.com/uploads/preview_BFA_313_20649.jpg
  #839  
Old 01-09-2015, 03:14 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,855
Face to Face published 100 photos of Sofia Hellqvist (almost all of them are bikini photos) in connection of her speaking about her past at "The Year with the Royal Family". I have seen only part of them before. They can be found from Face to Face's "Adel"-section.
  #840  
Old 01-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,189


Do you mean these?

face to face

{Link does not contain nudity}
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daniel's Future: Discussion (his role, title, orders, pressure etc.) Yennie Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 405 01-13-2017 06:38 PM
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine's Future Role Princejohnny25 Royal House of Sweden 10 03-05-2016 08:40 AM
Discussion & Research about Walther Sommerlath's Role in the Nazi Period Marengo King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 46 10-20-2014 10:36 PM
How Does Haakon Feel About His Future Role? Josefine Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 28 04-06-2007 07:22 PM




Popular Tags
albania bernadotte best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday british baby names catherine middleton style christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown prince crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge fascism fashion poll french james bond jew jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander maxima in australia and new zealand member introduction monarchy morgan new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 paris picture of the week prince charles princess charlene eveningwear princess claire of luxembourg princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia princess victoria psychopath queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde visits jordan queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen rania queen rania fashion queen silvia rohan family royal sally bedell smith september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises