Discussion about Sofia Hellqvist's Past & Future Role in the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussion about Sofia Hellqvist's Past & Future Role in the Royal Family

King Carl XVI Gustaf does not have a gender-neutral policy for titles - the wives of crown princes of Sweden have always been Crown Princesses, but the husband of Crown Princess Victoria is only a Prince.

But if he was 'Crown Prince', surely that would 'put him higher' than Victoria?!?!

(But this is very much off topic and I really don't know enough about the legalities to be saying anything anyway)

Last edited:
Of course. And who cares?

I don't care, frankly - just giving my prediction. I only come on this thread not because I am fascinated with Sofia, but I am fascinated with the fascination with Sofia. ;)

But if he was 'Crown Prince', surely that would 'put him higher' than Victoria?!?!

(But this is very much off topic and I really don't know enough about the legalities to be saying anything anyway)

Why? Because he's male and not female? If we speak gender-neutral he's in no way higher than his wife than Mary (for example) is of Frederik.

And yes, I no I also go offtopic here so I don't need an answer. ;)

I am not sure what you mean by "put him higher," but there are no laws about the titles or order of precedence of members of the royal family aside from the king. :)

So without really following you have jumped to that conclusion?

You should check with the IAAF (international athletics federation), you might have just set a worldrecord in long-jump :lol:

:ROFLMAO: :lol: :lol: :ROFLMAO:

In the spring 2002 she looked like this
http://images.mmcloud.se/api/v1/ima...5baa/830.jpg?f23ceb5c6c6c941c6b47464c93d265c6

And at the poster for miss Slitz, I think that the photo has been taken in late 2003/early 2004, like this
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Wow, the darker hair looks much better and I am inclined to think that, like princess Madeleine, blonde is not her natural hair colour. I like it as it is now, not blonde or black but luxurious brown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't find this girl beautiful at all, I don't even think she's pretty. When she smiles I think she's even less attractive as her teeth are not nice and her features are very hard looking.

All posts and comments speculating about the possibility of a nose job have been removed as per the speculation rule.

The court hasn't announced it, they probably do it just before the wedding. Until that we don't know if she will get a title, or maybe she does like Chris and doesn't want a title.

The court has announced that Sofias title will be known shortly after the wedding.

The court has announced that Sofias title will be known shortly after the wedding.

There hasn't been any press release about that. I think that this rumour was started at some forums after Johan T Lindwall spoke about the title at his show on Expressen-TV in November. I watched the show and didn't understand him saying that the title will be announced after the wedding.

I think the announcements of titles are made before the wedding.

Yes. Maybe they will announce, just like Chris, she doesnt want a title. ;-P I give Chris a lot of credit for saying Thanks, but no thanks. I dont see S turning away any perk coming her way.

:previous: But what exactly was the point of saying thanks but no thanks? Sure, he's going to have little to no public engagements on his own, and that's great if it's not something he wants, but he'll still accompany Madeleine at various public and official engagements AND their children are/are going to be titled. One could argue that by turning away that "perk", they now find themselves tangled into this weird arrangement of wanting their cake and eating it too – both wanting the entitlements that come with being a royal and to hold on to their privacy. I also don't understand why some people don't want Sofia to be titled? CP is further up the line of succession than Madeleine so it would make even more sense for his wife to be titled than for her husband to be.

*OMMMMMM* practicing buddhist chant *OMMMMMMM*

:previous: But what exactly was the point of saying thanks but no thanks? Sure, he's going to have little to no public engagements on his own, and that's great if it's not something he wants, but he'll still accompany Madeleine at various public and official engagements AND their children are/are going to be titled. One could argue that by turning away that "perk", they now find themselves tangled into this weird arrangement of wanting their cake and eating it too – both wanting the entitlements that come with being a royal and to hold on to their privacy. I also don't understand why some people don't want Sofia to be titled? CP is further up the line of succession than Madeleine so it would make even more sense for his wife to be titled than for her husband to be.

Sofia will have a title, because she is Mrs. Title. Chris, didn't want to be Mr. Madeleine. And, he is free to do what he wants.

The point was to keep on with his business and life. If he had accepted it, he should have left his job and worked for the royal family. He didnt want to do it and I think it was a good choice. Sweden doesnt need 8 people. And according to what it was told, they support themselves and Madelein is paid when she does something. So I also don't see the fuss there.

I don't want Sofia to be titled because I dont see her fit to represent a country.

^^^Will their be life-long pouting when Sofia becomes a princess???

I think some are prepared to not give her a break, no matter what. It's not going to make a difference in Sofia's life. She'll be married and will have a job to do along side Carl Philip.

From some, yes. Like Dman said, there are people who think she deserves a break, and there are those who think that what she did a decade ago is unacceptable.

Personally, I don't care what she's done before. I'm more concerned with what I see as a lack of ambition. She doesn't have a formal university education. That's fine, if you do something else that shows your drive and ambition. Daniel is a prime example of that. I hope she proves me wrong after the wedding.

Personally, I don't care what she's done before. I'm more concerned with what I see as a lack of ambition.

:bb: Surely you jest, as the saying goes. Sofia has more than enough ambition methinks. ;) It's just a matter of in what direction one's ambitions lie, and that's a choice. She has ambition.

:bb: Surely you jest, as the saying goes. Sofia has more than enough ambition methinks. ;) It's just a matter of in what direction one's ambitions lie, and that's a choice. She has ambition.

I'm totally serious. What does she want to do with her life these days? First and perhaps most important - are they (she and CP) going to be full time working members of the RF, or are they planning on taking the Madde/Chris route? What areas are she planning to focus on? Charities? Just sticking to the Project Playground thing won't be enough (and I personally don't think she's involved for any other reason than that it looks good on her CV). CP is involved in racing, cooking and design. Daniel is focusing on health and entrepreneurship. What is her field?

I'm totally serious. What does she want to do with her life these days? First and perhaps most important - are they (she and CP) going to be full time working members of the RF, or are they planning on taking the Madde/Chris route? What areas are she planning to focus on? Charities? Just sticking to the Project Playground thing won't be enough (and I personally don't think she's involved for any other reason than that it looks good on her CV). CP is involved in racing, cooking and design. Daniel is focusing on health and entrepreneurship. What is her field?

She and the palace officials will map all of that out probably after the wedding. Her interest and her royal role will gradually come to light. It's about being patient and just wait to see what kind of royal Sofia will become. None of it happens over night. It's a gradual process.

I'm totally serious. What does she want to do with her life these days? First and perhaps most important - are they (she and CP) going to be full time working members of the RF

I think the only fulltime royals are the royal couple and the crown princess' couple. Prince Carl Philip already is no "full time royal" and there is no reason to expect Princess Sofia to become one.

:flowers:

The point was to keep on with his business and life. If he had accepted it, he should have left his job and worked for the royal family. He didnt want to do it and I think it was a good choice. Sweden doesnt need 8 people. And according to what it was told, they support themselves and Madelein is paid when she does something. So I also don't see the fuss there.

I don't want Sofia to be titled because I dont see her fit to represent a country.

Well Fra, since it's your country she would, in theory, be representing I have to bow to your feelings on the subject! :) I am certainly in agreement with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom