The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is simply the idea that a fitness instructor wins the heart of Sweden's future Queen. It took quite time to absorb that idea. That is all, I think.
Well, times have changed - though Sofia is not marrying the future monarch. Not the same snobbishness applied to his son, anyway. Or if it was there, the King masked it. (BTW I read the King's body language at the engagement interview quite differently than others. The King looked nervous to me, and 'distant' from Sofia. JMO.)

I still am of the opinion that Sofia must be charming (at least that). Really, there is no reason to think otherwise. Even if I am the one to say it, people in the industry are usually quite pleasant to be around.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Snobbishness? This is no fairytale but a real state with a real head of state who oversees his successor's choice of partner. As the Swedes have no any say in who their head of state is, nor their future head of state, it all weighs on the present head of state to decide upon the choice of his successor. I am happy the King apparently did this not so lighthearted but (hopefully) took ample consideration.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The King is the very last person to object anyway. He himself threw his House's requirements out of the window, so he has no any stance against his children.

Excellent point, I completely agree.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by la vie en rose View Post
I am not convinced that royals marring a non royal should be considered weird now a days. monarchies should not be cristallized in time and the evolution of our society makes the difference shrink between royals and non royals. 200 years ago only royals could get access to education, money and all the rest so it was normal that people from that origin married equal status.

now a days the situations is different of course, but I still think one should make some differences. Kate middleton for instance is perfect for her role and everybody loves her. nobody can say she has a troubled past or she is not fit for the role. she has education, a certain family behind etc, etc. so is the commoner Rania of Jordan, the commoner queen maxima, Mary of Danmark, prince Daniel of Sweden and so on.
they all fit their role brilliantly.

but Sophia Hellqvist??? she has such a troubled past that is really unbelievable that she might fit for the role! don't get me wrong I don't think that she might not be a good girl. but I do think that in making our decisions we should then deal with the consequences.
royal houses should serve as a good example! they should embody some kind of traditions and valour! it's not a question of marrying a commoner or royal. the thing is marrying somebody that could serve as a good example to the subjects. somebody with education, traditions and royal characteristics royal or not.
it is just that a stripper becoming the sister in law of the future queen it's a scandal and a threat to the monarchy.
1. Isn't it funny that things tend to be completely forgotten after the wedding vows are spoken? Kate and William have been married for only a few years and i remember very good the times where Kate didn't seem to be the perfect Princess. "Waity-Katie is partying to much" or "Why doesn't she work? She has the education but doesn't use it. She just waits for William to pop the question. Is such a woman really the right one for the royal family?" Really, Kate wasn't the picture perfect Princess-to-be in her unmarried days. She wasted a lot of days away where she could have done something usefull like working. On a charity maybe.

2. Where does Sofia have a troubled past? Yes, she has a past and it's not a 08/15-past. But it's not a troubled past with drugs, alcohol, driving drunk, being on or another night in jail, getting into fights at nightclubs or comitted crimes. Her past isn't a dark one, just an unusual one.

3. Sofia was NEVER, NEVER, NEVER a stripper!!! Why is this lie always comming up again? I don't get it.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I can understan the reservations the King had for Daniel and maybe for Chris too... But it's just beyond me that he had those for two men like them and NOTHING about Sofia.... It just doesn't make sense to me... If he was so uncertain and doubtful about the suitability of Daniel I can't undestand why not abous Sofia .... sorry someone explains that to me please...:-(
Old 08-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I can understan the reservations the King had for Daniel and maybe for Chris too... But it's just beyond me that he had those for two men like them and NOTHING about Sofia.... It just doesn't make sense to me... If he was so uncertain and doubtful about the suitability of Daniel I can't undestand why not abous Sofia .... sorry someone explains that to me please...:-(
Because Sofia isn't a wannabe-Crown Princess, whereas Daniel was on his way to become a Prince Consort and future Queen Consort. With a marriage he would have choosen his path into the public life as a 100% royal, whereas Sofia (and Carl Philip) can always choose between privat or public life, beeing just Sofia or an active / part time royal, regardless how long she is married. Why it is still a mystery why the king and queen treated Daniel different than Sofia or Chris is beyond me, because it is more than obvious, why they did so.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Because Sofia isn't a wannabe-Crown Princess, whereas Daniel was on his way to become a Prince Consort and future Queen Consort. With a marriage he would have choosen his path into the public life as a 100% royal, whereas Sofia (and Carl Philip) can always choose between privat or public life, beeing just Sofia or an active / part time royal, regardless how long she is married. Why it is still a mystery why the king and queen treated Daniel different than Sofia or Chris is beyond me, because it is more than obvious, why they did so.
I can your point But again with Sofia's past, ( I could believe that she has changed etc) but the past is that, he seemed more relaxed and happy... If he was worried about Daniel's reputation etc for the crown princess he should be worry for Sofia's one too
Old 08-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Maybe he and the queen were worried in the beginning. But Sofia and Carl Philip have been together for years now and no matter what others think, I think she behaved perfectly for a potential future wife of Carl Philip. And maybe the king and the queen think the same.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Regardless my opinion of her I think that is a huge absurdity and paradox to treat in a very cool way daniel and chris and welcoming so warmly Sofia... Sorry but I can't help it! If daniel was treated so badly can you imagine if he had done the same things Sofia did? Victoria would not have the permission to marry him probably... It's unfair hpw the king treated differently his children IMO
Old 08-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Courtier

You haven't understand my first answer. It hasn't been about Daniel as hypotetical husband of his daughter, but about Daniel as the hypotetical husband of the crown princess and future queen. Carl Philip and Sofia are in a way different position than Victoria and Daniel. It's only logical that Daniel has to be more perfect than Sofia or Chris.

I also don't think he acted cold towards Chris. Maybe he was a bit disappointed that Chris wanted to stay a privat person and keep his work in the USA. That meant that he would hold Madeleine far away from her parents and who can blame the parents if they aren't happy about a man that would keep their daughter away from them upon marriage. Not by not allowing Madeleine to see them, but just by choosing his country as place to live instead of hers. It's an understandable reason to feel a bit "hmm, hmm" about Chris. But it seems to me that there are no cold feelings at all between Chris and his parents-in-law right now.

And yes, I agree with you on one thing. Victoria wouldn't have been allowed to marry Daniel if Daniel would have had Sofias past. But that's not IMO because Carl Philip is the beloved only son, but because Victoria is in a very unique position and simply has to be treated differently when it comes to such important choices. It's not a question of treating a child different than others or a daughter different than a son, but simply about treating a crown princess and future queen different than a simple prince or princess.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
You haven't understand my first answer. It hasn't been about Daniel as hypotetical husband of his daughter, but about Daniel as the hypotetical husband of the crown princess and future queen. Carl Philip and Sofia are in a way different position than Victoria and Daniel. It's only logical that Daniel has to be more perfect than Sofia or Chris.

I also don't think he acted cold towards Chris. Maybe he was a bit disappointed that Chris wanted to stay a privat person and keep his work in the USA. That meant that he would hold Madeleine far away from her parents and who can blame the parents if they aren't happy about a man that would keep their daughter away from them upon marriage. Not by not allowing Madeleine to see them, but just by choosing his country as place to live instead of hers. It's an understandable reason to feel a bit "hmm, hmm" about Chris. But it seems to me that there are no cold feelings at all between Chris and his parents-in-law right now.

And yes, I agree with you on one thing. Victoria wouldn't have been allowed to marry Daniel if Daniel would have had Sofias past. But that's not IMO because Carl Philip is the beloved only son, but because Victoria is in a very unique position and simply has to be treated differently when it comes to such important choices. It's not a question of treating a child different than others or a daughter different than a son, but simply about treating a crown princess and future queen different than a simple prince or princess.
I could not have said this in a better way.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think that we haven't heard the whole truth about Sofia yet, maybe something will come out which explains the king's attitude towards her. Or maybe something will come out about Carl Philip. But Carl Philip is the king's son, whom he wanted to be his heir. I think that the king has whole his life tried somehow to compensate to Carl Philip that he isn't the heir anymore. Not that there is something that should be compensated. You can see from various photos how close the king is to his son.

About Sofia's past, just that she was partying constantly at the clubs in Stureplan, makes some people very suspicious. Many celebrities have told that using drugs was very common there. From the interview of Linda Thelenius, former Rosing, in 2006 telling about her book and how she used drugs (Swedish glamour model and singer, who attended at Big Brother, posed for Slitz like Sofia etc):
One of the book's strongest chapter is about the dirty back of fame: the drugs.
- That using drugs at Stureplan is frighteningly common and celebrities who do drugs are very tight, almost like a small sect.
Linda tells of drug parties with glamour models, reality show celebrities, star lawyers ("like that you see on TV"), Östermalm Brats and society ladies.
- The fact that I was famous, I was released into parties where people used drugs fully open. It was like, "Welcome to the world of celebrity, so here's how it works." In this circuit you live like on another planet. The celebrities don't gossip on each other. Those are the rules.
What happens when you gossip?
- Then you lose your place in the inner circle and drop your celebrity status. It's a really weird symbiosis.
”Jag knarkade för 8 000 kronor på ett dygn” Wendela Aftonbladet

Sofia's friend Camilla Sundman, with whom she was in Paradise Hotel and in New York, told in March 2005 that she had used cocaine earlier. She said in the interview that nobody should use it.
Jag tog kokain Tv Expressen

Also a friend of Madeleine and the royal family was caught using cocaine in Stureplan.
Kungabarnens vän misstänkt för knarkbrott Nyheter Expressen
Old 08-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I think that we haven't heard the whole truth about Sofia yet, maybe something will come out which explains the king's attitude towards her. Or maybe something will come out about Carl Philip. But Carl Philip is the king's son, whom he wanted to be his heir. I think that the king has whole his life tried somehow to compensate to Carl Philip that he isn't the heir anymore. Not that there is something that should be compensated. You can see from various photos how close the king is to his son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
4. Comments with parallel truths and universes will be deleted. For example: people repeat again and again that the king is traumatized by CP not being the heir. A 'truth' that isn't one. Let's keep things realistic and not develop imaginary scenario's of what people may be thinking.
And now there are conspiracy theories about thing we still don't know about Prince Carl Philip and Sofia.

It's so funny the way people here act to show the irrational hatred they feel about this couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
About Sofia's past, just that she was partying constantly at the clubs in Stureplan, makes some people very suspicious. Many celebrities have told that using drugs was very common there. From the interview of Linda Thelenius, former Rosing, in 2006 telling about her book and how she used drugs (Swedish glamour model and singer, who attended at Big Brother, posed for Slitz like Sofia etc):
One of the book's strongest chapter is about the dirty back of fame: the drugs.
- That using drugs at Stureplan is frighteningly common and celebrities who do drugs are very tight, almost like a small sect.
Linda tells of drug parties with glamour models, reality show celebrities, star lawyers ("like that you see on TV"), Östermalm Brats and society ladies.
- The fact that I was famous, I was released into parties where people used drugs fully open. It was like, "Welcome to the world of celebrity, so here's how it works." In this circuit you live like on another planet. The celebrities don't gossip on each other. Those are the rules.
What happens when you gossip?
- Then you lose your place in the inner circle and drop your celebrity status. It's a really weird symbiosis.
”Jag knarkade för 8 000 kronor på ett dygn” Wendela Aftonbladet

Sofia's friend Camilla Sundman, with whom she was in Paradise Hotel and in New York, told in March 2005 that she had used cocaine earlier. She said in the interview that nobody should use it.
Jag tog kokain Tv Expressen

Also a friend of Madeleine and the royal family was caught using cocaine in Stureplan.
Kungabarnens vän misstänkt för knarkbrott Nyheter Expressen
Insinuations that Sofia is a drug addict. How predictable.

I wonder when tabloids and gossip columnists became reliable sources. Perhaps it was when Prince Carl Philip and Sofia announced their engagement. I'd love to see some posters giving proofs to things they say about this couple. But I know they will believe everything trash magazines says about them
Old 08-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I fully understand the matter regarding being the crown princess etc, but I think that is unbelievable that Chris and Daniel were treated so suspiciously and cooly: they both had a job before entering the family, Chris decided to continue workin, whic is a very respectful choice, and stayed out of the limelight: for what? for being criticised daniel is such an asset for the family but still he has to prove he's worthing everyday! For the king all this isn to enough but sofia with her immaculated past is untouchable it seems! No objections with her and here in some posts I can see that she is almost praised and justified for everything while daniel and chris are still snubbled.... sorry but that is beyond me really
Old 08-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Regardless my opinion of her I think that is a huge absurdity and paradox to treat in a very cool way daniel and chris and welcoming so warmly Sofia... Sorry but I can't help it! If daniel was treated so badly can you imagine if he had done the same things Sofia did? Victoria would not have the permission to marry him probably... It's unfair hpw the king treated differently his children IMO
Possibly it is over-compensation. The King and Queen knew that Sofia would be a hard sell. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Sofia wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell if there was the slightest hint of coolness or reserve in the King and Queen. Result? OTT 'warmth and smiles'. One could reasonably argue that it was all 'too jolly'.

Carl Philipp had probably made it clear his determination - put his foot down. Who knows, maybe he said he'd 'walk', maybe move to Europe or some where, marry and have babies cut off from the SRF. Who knows what went on, certainly not us. We only have public behavior to go by but that behavior can be calculated to convey an impression, so we just don't know.

I think we will know as time goes on. The first event Sofia attended with the entire SRF was very telling for those inclined to analyze in that way. A general 'signature' will become clear over time.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I hardly believe that such a passive guy like CP would have really do something... And after all the time and fatigue that require to sofia to get title, money and the son of the king
Old 08-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

With Crown Princess Victoria settled and with already a future Crown Princess on the world, the importance of the marriage of Prince Carl Philip has faded away. The King and Queen probably are more relaxed with the knowledge that the succession is secured and that their youngest daughter had a dramatic break-up of an already public made engagement.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
No, not before their weddings. But both Princesses have sued magazines for false information and I think also photos before. And with Sofias past (which is not bad, but simply not a usual past)
Really? I cant speak for anyone else, but if my adult offspring brought home a prospective spouse with the background that this young 'lady' has I would be appalled, and I am not a Royal! Miss Slitz, Paradise Hotel and Jenna Jameson...is three strikes not enough for the civilized world to say no, thank you?
Old 10-14-2014, 11:19 PM
Courtier

Really a video on youtube?
So what if she made out with a porn star, look like she'll fit perfectly in that family when one of it member allegedly hang out with hooker
Old 10-15-2014, 02:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Really? I cant speak for anyone else, but if my adult offspring brought home a prospective spouse with the background that this young 'lady' has I would be appalled, and I am not a Royal! Miss Slitz, Paradise Hotel and Jenna Jameson...is three strikes not enough for the civilized world to say no, thank you?
Fortunately most of the civilized world knows how to give someone a second chance and doesn't harp on about things that ceased to happen several years ago

Again, i respect your values and believes and you should stick with them because that works for you, but don't project them on the entire civilized world, other values and believes are valid too.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip