The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Majesty

whatever everyone says, i guess (and many others) i will never get over the fact that sofia posed naked at 16 years old, and in repeated occasions, won a dubious beauty contest by posing topless with a boa constrictor and had a man massaging her bottom during her stay in a reality show.
the mere thought of her acting as a diplomat must make real diplomats (those who actually had to study *really* hard for it, you know...) bang their head repeatedly on the closest wall.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Royal Highness

Is the past of Sofia and we can't change. Sofia is engaged to Carl Philip, and we have to think about your future as a Princess and not on your past.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
whatever everyone says, i guess (and many others) i will never get over the fact that sofia posed naked at 16 years old, and in repeated occasions, won a dubious beauty contest by posing topless with a boa constrictor and had a man massaging her bottom during her stay in a reality show.
the mere thought of her acting as a diplomat must make real diplomats (those who actually had to study *really* hard for it, you know...) bang their head repeatedly on the closest wall.
The thing is....we don't know what these other diplomats did when studying
Some people seem to think Sofia is the devil himself and all other royals and governmental people are bright and shiny angels; unfortunately the world isn't black and white, nobody is all good or all bad

What matters to me that in the recent pics at P.Victoria's birthday P.Carl-Philip looked happier, more at-ease and more relaxed than he has for a long time (at an official occasion)...
Old 07-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Then you didn't read the same interview I read.
I certainly did read the same interview, but I think it comes down to different viewpoints and that has also been quoted earlier in the thread. I suppose you mean the "click" that was there right away, which you interpret as romantic from the start.
I see it differently and rather have the interpretation that they were friends first and it became more later on.

I stand with this post:
Engagement of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist: June 27, 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
The thing is....we don't know what these other diplomats did when studying
Some people seem to think Sofia is the devil himself and all other royals and governmental people are bright and shiny angels; unfortunately the world isn't black and white, nobody is all good or all bad

What matters to me that in the recent pics at P.Victoria's birthday P.Carl-Philip looked happier, more at-ease and more relaxed than he has for a long time (at an official occasion)...
That is what I noticed too, he seems more self-confident. That confidence is given to him by Sofia (by his own statement). She makes him feel at ease.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Majesty

But didn't they meet when CP was still with Emma? Or I am wrong...
Old 07-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Majesty

No, it was an interview where SH very specifically stated that she had been waiting for C-P to propose since the day she met him.

Why is this so important? I found her comments Jenna Jameson and how important it is to her to be famous more disturbing by far.

And now, the idea is that a taxpayer-supported member of a Royal house should marry anyone in the world they want...as long as the said character makes him feel confident and at ease?

Wow.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 07-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
But didn't they meet when CP was still with Emma? Or I am wrong...
According to swedish press they met already at 2007 for the first time at night club V. And in summer 2008 in Båstad.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
No, it was an interview where SH very specifically stated that she had been waiting for C-P to propose since the day she met him.

Why is this so important? I found her comments Jenna Jameson and how important it is to her to be famous more disturbing by far.
I have now read that statement about her waiting for him to propose from day one - and I think several people take it way too literally. To me it comes from a woman so much in love with this man that she very much wants to be his wife. To make it an official union. I think it was just a way of expressing her feelings and the love they share.
But some people rather take it as how conniving and insincere she must be.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to swedish press they met already at 2007 for the first time at night club V. And in summer 2008 in Båstad.
Thanks I have to be naive and say that they were just friends for Emma's sake
Old 07-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks I have to be naive and say that they were just friends for Emma's sake
Why is Emma held up on a holy plate?

And even if Sofia would have gone after Carl Philip while he was still with Emma, would he just been the victim to whom it all just happened?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

And even if Sofia would have gone after Carl Philip while he was still with Emma, would he just been the victim to whom it all just happened?
Because she has a blameless past, she has had a good job since she was 20, and when she dated with Carl Philip, she was always very discreet - unlike Sofia. And I think that it also tells something about Emma, that she is one of princess Madeleine's closest friends.
http://se.linkedin.com/pub/emma-lovi...ald/13/248/975
Old 07-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I didn't say that CP is a victim, not at all. But to me their relationship began far earleir than what they say and if there was a cheating it qould be a bad thing I suppose ;.)
Old 07-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Because she has a blameless past, she has had a good job since she was 20, and when she dated with Carl Philip, she was always very discreet - unlike Sofia. And I think that it also tells something about Emma, that she is one of princess Madeleine's closest friends.
http://se.linkedin.com/pub/emma-lovi...ald/13/248/975
Aha, that is where the truth comes out. Because Emma meets certain poster's standards and conditions she is deemed suitable.
Carl Philip proposed to Sofia and not to Emma.

And why has Sofia not been discreet? Has she revealed scandalous things?

Quote:
I didn't say that CP is a victim, not at all. But to me their relationship began far earleir than what they say and if there was a cheating it qould be a bad thing I suppose ;.)
I didn't indicate that you said that, it was my statement.
And that their relationship started far earlier for you, that is what you want believe. And I believe that her past has all to do with it.
And cheating? Don't you think that if that was the case it would have been public knowledge long ago?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I didn't indicate that you said that, it was my statement.
And that their relationship started far earlier for you, that is what you believe. And I believe that her past has all to do with it.
You asked why Emma is considered highy and if CP would be a victim quoting my statement so I thought you had asked me and I replied And yes, it's my personal opinion you don't have to agree
Old 07-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
You asked why Emma is considered highy and if CP would be a victim quoting my statement so I thought you had asked me and I replied And yes, it's my personal opinion you don't have to agree
Well, everything is clear now .
Old 07-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Aha, that is where the truth comes out. Because Emma meets certain poster's standards and conditions she is deemed suitable.
Carl Philip proposed to Sofia and not to Emma.

And why has Sofia not been discreet? Has she revealed scandalous things?
I think that most people respect young people who have a good career. Sofia hasn't been discreet at all. She, unlike Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris, has many times talked with the press about the members of the royal family. It has been a policy in swedish royal family that the girl- and boyfriends don't talk with the press about their relationship with the members of the royal family, about their respectives, or about the other members of the royal family. For instance, Daniel gave a couple of interviews about his work to newspapers. He demanded that Victoria is left totally out of the interview, the interview is about his work only and demanded the right to read the interview and accept it before it was published. And Victoria wasn't mentioned at the interviews. Sofia has babbled about her relationship with Carl Philip constantly with the press.
Why the king has allowed this, I don't know. But it is a big slap to the face of Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris who were always very discreet with their relationship with the royal family before the engagement.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think that most people respect young people who have a good career. Sofia hasn't been discreet at all. She, unlike Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris, has many times talked with the press about the members of the royal family. It has been a policy in swedish royal family that the girl- and boyfriends don't talk with the press about their relationship with the members of the royal family, about their respectives, or about the other members of the royal family. For instance, Daniel gave a couple of interviews about his work to newspapers. He demanded that Victoria is left totally out of the interview, the interview is about his work only and demanded the right to read the interview and accept it before it was published. And Victoria wasn't mentioned at the interviews. Sofia has babbled about her relationship with Carl Philip constantly with the press.
Why the king has allowed this, I don't know. But it is a big slap to the face of Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris who were always very discreet with their relationship with the royal family before the engagement.
The first, okay. But as long as she hasn't said anything scandalous and only had nice words to say (which is the case I believe), I don't see what the problem is.
"Constantly"? I don't think she had the newspapers at speed dial on her phone . I believe she is of a new generation, which Carl Philip apparently loves and some posters on this forum clearly despise or at least seriously dislike.

The family themselves clearly have no problems whatsoever with Sofia and you don't know whether Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris find it a big slap in their face. It's clear that you think it is, fair enough, but I don't think they care very much. Everyone is happily married with their own family (whatever road they had to travel for it) and I'm sure they are happy for Carl Philip that he has found the girl he wants to spend his life with.

Edit: I have Googled Emma Pernald and don't get that "he should have chosen her" vibe from her at all. She seems an independent, businesslike woman. Sympathetic and kind, but eventually too independent for Carl Philip. Sofia seems more vulnerable, not *that* independent - and just that is what I feel Carl Philip needs. A girl whom he can protect.
I think with Emma he would eventually have been snowed under and I don't think that is what Carl Philip wants or needs.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The first, okay. But as long as she hasn't said anything scandalous and only had nice words to say (which is the case I believe), I don't see what the problem is.
"Constantly"? I don't think she had the newspapers at speed dial on her phone . I believe she is of a new generation, which Carl Philip apparently loves and some posters on this forum clearly despise or at least seriously dislike.

The family themselves clearly have no problems whatsoever with Sofia and you don't know whether Daniel, Emma, Jonas and Chris find it a big slap in their face. It's clear that you think it is, fair enough, but I don't think they care very much. Everyone is happily married with their own family (whatever road they had to travel for it) and I'm sure they are happy for Carl Philip that he has found the girl he wants to spend his life with.

Edit: I have Googled Emma Pernald and don't get that "he should have chosen her" vibe from her at all. She seems an independent, businesslike woman. Sympathetic and kind, but eventually too independent for Carl Philip. Sofia seems more vulnerable, not *that* independent - and just that is what I feel Carl Philip needs. A girl whom he can protect.
I think with Emma he would eventually have been snowed under and I don't think that is what Carl Philip wants or needs.
Skippy:
1) The problem is she should know that talking to the press about anything in the royal is a big NO NO. What she says is not the problem, that fact that she *talked* is the problem. In time who knows what would slip out of her mouth even by accident. To keep that from happening, *Don't talk to the press period*.
2) You don't know what the royal family feels or thinks, your not privy to any conversation that they might have regarding this girl and the up coming marriage. Don't assume that you do and if you do know them for a fact on a personal level, why would you even talk about it?
3) CPC seems to want a girl that will walk 3 steps behind him, I get the impression that from his past job experiences, designing, farming courses, etc, that he is very insecure within himself as to who he is as a man and a prince. He seems to want a girl that will always be at his beck and call, not some one who is intelligent, strong, mature, career minded, a Barbie doll so to speak. That is what he got. I wonder how she will speak to all those that attend the Noble Peace Dinners for all those are very highly educated, intelligent, hard working people with whom the world knows all the good that they do, people to be highly respected in their fields and what they do. I know that I would have a hard time talking to them and I respect them for what they do.
Don't worry about her, I see that you have a big crush on her and she is the perfect princess, she and PCP will enjoy their lives together, they don't even have to work for a living, and they can go race cars, so sailing, go clubbing, go shopping and just enjoy life without a thought to anything. They are having their cake and eating it, what a life.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:55 AM
Courtier

Some people will use Sofia's past against her forever, that cannot be changed, just like the past. For me, the important thing is that she moved from her past and is doing her charity work and building a future with the man she loves. Too bad if some people here are trapped on the past. Too bad for them, of course. But it all to easy to judge when we're safely protected by avatars and usernames and with our garbage well-hidden.

They say the Prince and his fiancé are hanger-ons, ignoring that Prince Carl Philip is a patron of medical research and sports amd that he also has his work as racer and a designer. And, of course, they ignore Sofia's role with Project Playground, for which she seems very dedicated. Some posters also seems to know the exact amount of money Prince Carl Philip receives from the taxpayer, and I would love to know from where they got the information.

I also read here that we can't assume here - I even know speculation is not allowed here -, but seems okay to speculate that the Royal Family doesn't like Sofia, the swedish people does not want Prince Carl Philip to marry her and I even read some speculation that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia were cheating on the perfect and immaculate Saint Emma Pernald.

Some posters also should notice that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia are not Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel or Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill. The situations are different and people involved are different. I doubt the Swedish Royal Family plans every engagement and wedding to happen exactly as the previous one.

But I know many people here don't see a need to stick to the facts, what they feel for Prince Carl Philip and Sofia is the only thing that matters.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Skippy:
1) The problem is she should know that talking to the press about anything in the royal is a big NO NO. What she says is not the problem, that fact that she *talked* is the problem. In time who knows what would slip out of her mouth even by accident. To keep that from happening, *Don't talk to the press period*.
If CP isn't objecting to her behaviour here, what right do we have to object?

I think people often forget that Sofia is a celebrity in her own right. Whether you respect the choices she made before she met CP or not, she was a person with a level of fame and a relationship with and attitude towards the press that was developed well before her current relationship. While it may be breaking taboos around being with a royal (or quasi-royal) it is a fact. Consider the Tindalls in Britain - Mike and Zara, both being celebrities in their own right because of their careers have a relationship with the press that is very different from Zara's royal cousins. Mike doesn't get criticized when he answers questions about his personal life, and shouldn't be, because that's the relationship he developed with the press well before he met Zara. It's not because he's using her for fame, it's because he was famous before her.

I think a big reason why Sofia (and Gad for that matter) get this criticism while people like Mike don't is that the public generally approves of Mike, but disapproves of Sofia and Gad.

Quote:
2) You don't know what the royal family feels or thinks, your not privy to any conversation that they might have regarding this girl and the up coming marriage. Don't assume that you do and if you do know them for a fact on a personal level, why would you even talk about it?
Neither side is privy to the personal thoughts of the Swedish Royal Family on this match. Those who are against Sofia are determined the family is against it, and those who are okay with her think the family doesn't mind.

To me it looks like the family is publicly supporting the relationship. CP was given permission to marry her. Madeleine chose to congratulate them on her Facebook page. I'm not sure if Victoria has done anything public in support of her sister-in-law-to-be, but I doubt she's publicly done anything against her either.

Sofia's been around for awhile now, and appearances seem to suggest that the family is accepting her, regardless of their feelings about her past. That's my interpretation though, you're welcome to see it a different way.

Quote:
3) CPC seems to want a girl that will walk 3 steps behind him, I get the impression that from his past job experiences, designing, farming courses, etc, that he is very insecure within himself as to who he is as a man and a prince. He seems to want a girl that will always be at his beck and call, not some one who is intelligent, strong, mature, career minded, a Barbie doll so to speak. That is what he got. I wonder how she will speak to all those that attend the Noble Peace Dinners for all those are very highly educated, intelligent, hard working people with whom the world knows all the good that they do, people to be highly respected in their fields and what they do. I know that I would have a hard time talking to them and I respect them for what they do.
I actually think it's rather common for royals to want spouses who shine a little less than they do. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, even if it does sound bad.

If you marry a royal you're committing yourself to a life in the spotlight and to a system where your spouse - regardless of gender - is always higher than you. Daniel will never be as important as Victoria. Camilla, and Diana before her, will never be as important as Charles. Letizia will never be as important as Felipe, and so on. The relationships that work and last in this system are the ones that have both partners realizing and accepting this and the "lesser" one finding some way to thrive in the shadow. A good example of this, in my opinion, is HMQEII and the DoE. He found a niche that he fits into perfectly and a way to shine without ever overshadowing his wife. Like it or not, this is something of the role that Sofia is headed for.

The way Emma gets described, as this independent, career-minded woman, makes for amazing qualities in a woman, but not so great qualities in a royal bride.

Quote:
Don't worry about her, I see that you have a big crush on her and she is the perfect princess, she and PCP will enjoy their lives together, they don't even have to work for a living, and they can go race cars, so sailing, go clubbing, go shopping and just enjoy life without a thought to anything. They are having their cake and eating it, what a life.

Is it really necessary to attack people in such a manner when they disagree with you?

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip