Discussion about Sofia Hellqvist's Past & Future Role in the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I listened to the interview and that's what I heard.

There is still something strange with their bank account. All other charity foundations have a number that starts with 90, an open account, but this isn't and it's very har to find Annual reports about their financial part. What goes to the children and what comes in and all that you usually find. I can't find the reports for 2011 and 2013 and I've asked others too, and they can¨t find it either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shenandoah, did you read the exact statement that I posted on what you believe her to have said?

Last edited:
In the article you can read : "Hon drog i gång Project Playground för ungefär två år sedan." And the article was dated 11-11-07. Since you live in Sweden, I guess you understand Swedish and then you know that "drog igång" means to start something. So she must have started it about 2009.
Just a few days ago, I read that Sofia,during the spring 2010, had been in SA as a volunteer in a place for children. She said she was maybe going back for volunteering again in the autumn. So at that time she wasn't a co-worker, she was a volunteer.

I've tried to find the article but I can't. I'll try again.

Yes Skippy, I did, but it was in another intervju. I'll try to see if I can find it.
If I'm wrong, I'm only happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I listened to the interview and that's what I heard.

There is still something strange with their bank account. All other charity foundations have a number that starts with 90, an open account, but this isn't and it's very har to find Annual reports about their financial part. What goes to the children and what comes in and all that you usually find. I can't find the reports for 2011 and 2013 and I've asked others too, and they can¨t find it either.

Here is the 2011 annual report.

Here is the 2012 annual report.

The 2013 annual report may not have been made public yet.

Sofia made their mistakes in the past, but I think he's doing a good job as a bride of Carl Philip. And that's all that matters. Let's give him a chance.

Giving people chances is all well and good but a leopard don't change it's shorts that easy...We know she is an exhibitionist with a good deal of ambition. Being a princess will get her all the attention she desires.

Do you mean my post? Because mine follows Moonmaiden23's post, but I haven't said anything bad about Sofia.
Or do you mean SElizabeth's post? She is not fond of Sofia, to say the least.

Skippy:
I would appreciate it if you would not use my name in any of your comments if I am not involved in the discussion. For me personally, that is a no-no..:nonono::nonono:....I do not like it would other people speak for me, as I am very capable of speaking for myself as you well know.

[/B]Skippy:
I would appreciate it if you would not use my name in any of your comments if I am not involved in the discussion. For me personally, that is a no-no..:nonono::nonono:....I do not like it would other people speak for me, as I am very capable of speaking for myself as you well know.

The elaboration was not necessarily needed indeed, my apology, but as for mentioning your name - it was only meant as a reference for soraya.
I do not see anything wrong with that, neither would I object when someone uses my name as a reference to a post I placed earlier. It at least means that it has been read. I want to leave it at this.

Last edited:
In the article you can read : "Hon drog i gång Project Playground för ungefär två år sedan." And the article was dated 11-11-07. Since you live in Sweden, I guess you understand Swedish and then you know that "drog igång" means to start something. So she must have started it about 2009.
Just a few days ago, I read that Sofia,during the spring 2010, had been in SA as a volunteer in a place for children. She said she was maybe going back for volunteering again in the autumn. So at that time she wasn't a co-worker, she was a volunteer.

I've tried to find the article but I can't. I'll try again.

Yes Skippy, I did, but it was in another intervju. I'll try to see if I can find it.
If I'm wrong, I'm only happy.

Here is the 2011 annual report.

Here is the 2012 annual report.

The 2013 annual report may not have been made public yet.

The first report is from September 2010 to December 2011. But there is budget only for 2010 and told that budget for 2011 will be published later. But in 2012 annual report is budget only for 2012.

Shouldn't all this be transferred to the Sofia and Project Playground thread?

Giving people chances is all well and good but a leopard don't change it's shorts that easy...We know she is an exhibitionist with a good deal of ambition. Being a princess will get her all the attention she desires.

Luckily there is a difference between opinion and fact :flowers:.

The elaboration was not necessarily needed indeed, my apology, but as for mentioning your name - it was only meant as a reference for soraya.
I do not see anything wrong with that, neither would I object when someone uses my name as a reference to a post I placed earlier. It at least means that it has been read. I want to leave it at this.

Skippy, the *Elaboration* was not necessary, indeed, it seems to be the only way to get your attention if I don't agree with you on SH.
I *do see something wrong*:ermm: when you use *my* name in a reference or for anything else,:ermm: I am not you nor are you me, so you can let anyone use your name any time you please but I will *Not*, there is a thread here, it can be read by all, so if someone wants to comment on something that I say, fine, good or bad, Fine, so for the future *Please Do Not Use My Name* unless I am involved in the discussion, period! I hope this settles the use of my name anywhere, as you well know I am a loud mouth B with a very strong opinion of what I think is right or wrong in this world, and yes I know that most will not agree with me, yet it's me and I offer no apologies for being me and I don't expect anyone to change their views to suit me, Done!:neutral:

Anyone deserves a second chance but I always try to lift it a bit higher than the usual "Aaaawwww... how sweet they are in love"-reaction. It is about the Royal House, a centuries old institution in Sweden which is under pressure, not only from the outside (republican tendences, fading goodwill for the monarchy) but also from the inside (eroding away what still makes the royal family actually "royal" at all). It is in this way how I "judge" potential partners. My "judgement" is that Miss Hellqvist probably is a lovely spouse but not for maintaining and strenghtening the position and the image of the royal family and the monarchy.

[/B]Skippy, the *Elaboration* was not necessary, indeed, it seems to be the only way to get your attention if I don't agree with you on SH.
I *do see something wrong*:ermm: when you use *my* name in a reference or for anything else,:ermm: I am not you nor are you me, so you can let anyone use your name any time you please but I will *Not*, there is a thread here, it can be read by all, so if someone wants to comment on something that I say, fine, good or bad, Fine, so for the future *Please Do Not Use My Name* unless I am involved in the discussion, period! I hope this settles the use of my name anywhere, as you well know I am a loud mouth B with a very strong opinion of what I think is right or wrong in this world, and yes I know that most will not agree with me, yet it's me and I:flowers: offer no apologies for being me and I don't expect anyone to change their views to suit me, Done!:neutral:

Hence, from this day forward you shall be referred to as "She who shall not be named" :lol:
Admins, feel free to delete, but this one i couldn't resist :flowers:

for maintaining and strenghtening the position and the image of the royal family and the monarchy.

If the Swedish monarch's don't care about those things, How can anybody else? because they are so very modern and open minded and those silly values are soo tired and quaint, aren't they? Long as sonny boy in ''love'' and get
his way it's all peachy, right?

[/B]Skippy, the *Elaboration* was not necessary, indeed, it seems to be the only way to get your attention if I don't agree with you on SH.
I *do see something wrong*:ermm: when you use *my* name in a reference or for anything else,:ermm: I am not you nor are you me, so you can let anyone use your name any time you please but I will *Not*, there is a thread here, it can be read by all, so if someone wants to comment on something that I say, fine, good or bad, Fine, so for the future *Please Do Not Use My Name* unless I am involved in the discussion, period! I hope this settles the use of my name anywhere, as you well know I am a loud mouth B with a very strong opinion of what I think is right or wrong in this world, and yes I know that most will not agree with me, yet it's me and I offer no apologies for being me and I don't expect anyone to change their views to suit me, Done!:neutral:

Get *my* attention when we don't agree on SH? I elaborated on you, no less and it has been clear for a long time that we are on total opposites of the field. I have said a while ago to you in a specific post (perhaps you did not read it, I don't know) that I would like to leave it at that.

I did not see any harm in using your name for reference so from that viewpoint I do not apologise for that; I have apologised for the elaboration but you haven't even said that you accept that. I will not ever use your name in reference again nor do I expect you to apologise for anything you write - nor will I.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who share your views, just like there are many who share mine. Now I am done also and I don't want to enter this field ever again.

Anyone deserves a second chance but I always try to lift it a bit higher than the usual "Aaaawwww... how sweet they are in love"-reaction. It is about the Royal House, a centuries old institution in Sweden which is under pressure, not only from the outside (republican tendences, fading goodwill for the monarchy) but also from the inside (eroding away what still makes the royal family actually "royal" at all). It is in this way how I "judge" potential partners. My "judgement" is that Miss Hellqvist probably is a lovely spouse but not for maintaining and strenghtening the position and the image of the royal family and the monarchy.

So am I correct then in assuming that you have little respect for most of the monarchies in Europe? Because the larger part of the younger generation chose a commoner for a spouse.

The problem most people have is not that she is a commoner, that's kind of expected now, but how will this person represent Sweden in any capacity? can she act with decorum and keep out of scandal? and so on. She has to prove herself to the doubters. Or maybe they don't care.

Hence, from this day forward you shall be referred to as "She who shall not be named" :lol:
Admins, feel free to delete, but this one i couldn't resist :flowers:
Very funny....:lol::lol::lol::lol:, your right, maybe I should go by *ghost rider*, the only problem is that I don't like my name being used for something that I am not involved in, that goes waaaaaaay back in my life, big time and I see that I am still carrying it around to this day. I mean no offense to anyone, I really don't. I just try not to use anyone's name here for I don't think they would like it at all........is that so wrong? I think the world has to be careful of who uses a name that is not theirs, If I ever go back on that please feel free to kick me in the butt big time and I will gladly eat my words, eating words is something I have learned not to do the hard way.;)

The problem most people have is not that she is a commoner, that's kind of expected now, but how will this person represent Sweden in any capacity? can she act with decorum and keep out of scandal? and so on. She has to prove herself to the doubters. Or maybe they don't care.

Oh definitely she'll have to prove herself; imo the SRF could certainly use a couple of adult royals in the future ( other than obviously P.Victoria and P.Daniel) and since P.Madeleine seems to be focussing on some a number of specific causes, there's room for P.C-P and his spouse to fill the void.
Whether Sofia can be that spouse remains to be seen, but as he has chosen her, she will get opportunities to show how she can attribute in a positive way..

Get *my* attention when we don't agree on SH? I elaborated on you, no less and it has been clear for a long time that we are on total opposites of the field. I have said a while ago to you in a specific post (perhaps you did not read it, I don't know) that I would like to leave it at that.

I did not see any harm in using your name for reference so from that viewpoint I do not apologise for that; I have apologised for the elaboration but you haven't even said that you accept that. I will not ever use your name in reference again nor do I expect you to apologise for anything you write - nor will I.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who share your views, just like there are many who share mine. Now I am done also and I don't want to enter this field ever again.
Skippy,
Thank you for your comment, I do not expect you to apologize for using my name because we have very different views of how the world operates and yes we are very different people, sometime people do things that other people do see a harm in, it's the way of the world. If I ever use your name and anyone's name in anything, then please feel free to kick me in the butt big time, and then I will gladly eat my words....:)

Very funny....:lol::lol::lol::lol:, your right, maybe I should go by *ghost rider*, the only problem is that I don't like my name being used for something that I am not involved in, that goes waaaaaaay back in my life, big time and I see that I am still carrying it around to this day. I mean no offense to anyone, I really don't. I just try not to use anyone's name here for I don't think they would like it at all........is that so wrong? I think the world has to be careful of who uses a name that is not theirs, If I ever go back on that please feel free to kick me in the butt big time and I will gladly eat my words, eating words is something I have learned not to do the hard way.;)

Ah, so there was a bit of history behind your response; my initial thought was that your response was a bit harsh for a seemingly harmless reference, but i understand if you had a bad experience that maybe something was triggered ;)

Oh definitely she'll have to prove herself; imo the SRF could certainly use a couple of adult royals in the future ( other than obviously P.Victoria and P.Daniel) and since P.Madeleine seems to be focussing on some a number of specific causes, there's room for P.C-P and his spouse to fill the void.
Whether Sofia can be that spouse remains to be seen, but as he has chosen her, she will get opportunities to show how she can attribute in a positive way..

Yes, any royal spouse will have to "prove" herself (or himself, in a couple of cases) but in general I don't think there would have been a proposal if the royal didn't feel and think that the intended spouse would be up for the job.
That said I look forward to the opportunities that Sofia will get.

Last edited:
From this we can be assured she will not have stage fright, and possibly will be able to emcee royal events.

I think we have a winner. :flowers:

Perhaps now I think too rosy, but I think she can even help Carl Philip to become more comfortable and at ease in his public role. I don't know how he conducted himself before her or the engagement, but I think she can be an asset to him.

Last edited:
From this we can be assured she will not have stage fright, and possibly will be able to emcee royal events.

I think we have a winner. :flowers:

The truth is that se looks quite tacky in some of these pictures...

Perhaps now I think too rosy, but I think she can even help Carl Philip to become more comfortable and at ease in his public role.

I have to confess I was being a bit naughty. ;) As I very much doubt that Sofia's genuine skill-set - being able to be on-stage front-and-center emcee'ing an event - would ever be allowed as the wife of Carl Philipp. JMO, of course. Maybe she will re-write the rules. But I suspect there would be an outcry were Sofia to present herself with that level of confidence and 'presumption'.

My hunch is that for a long while Sofia will be obliged to behave in a way that is not her personality. This may be a sad thing, as she probably is a genuinely charming person. She would have to be. Again JMO. :flowers:

Last edited:
I have to confess I was being a bit naughty. ;) As I very much doubt that Sofia's genuine skill-set to handle being on-stage front-and-center as the person managing an event would ever be allowed as the wife of Carl Philipp. JMO, of course, but I suspect there would be an outcry were Sofia to present herself with that level of confidence and 'presumption'.

I suspect that for a long while Sofia will be obliged to behave in a way that is not likely her personality. This may be a sad thing, as she likely really is a charming person. She would have to be. Again JMO. :flowers:

That's why I said that I was perhaps thinking too rosy ;). She won't indeed be allowed to be that present, but I think her confidence will out itself in other things that are more acceptable and it will wear off on him too. Not that he is terribly insecure but I do suspect him of being very sensitive.

I have said it before - I think Sofia is of a new generation, with all the subsequent opinions.

And they won't have to be in the public eye 24/7 as he is not the heir to the throne, so they can do whatever they want in their private time at home :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
And they won't have to be in the public eye 24/7 as he is not the heir to the throne, so they can do whatever they want in their private time :ROFLMAO:.

Not likely. As we can already see with photos taken at a private event. Consider the amount of posting regarding bra straps. :cool:

Then on vacation (though I don't doubt for a minute that Sofia knew the cameras were there and she was fine strutting her stuff - she always will be - which will annoy some people.)

Point being, she brings on board the 'Princess Margaret' factor. The press will not back-off. She's the money-shot. Yep. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom