The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 09-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Palace, Canada
Posts: 278
Thanks Lady Finn.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 09-25-2015, 11:00 AM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 403
Brought over from the Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't think we need fear that at all, so long as Sofia is admired for being Sofia and nobody implies she has surgically enhanced buttocks, who cares?
But we live in a world where on a slow news day a story may come out implying that Sofia's buttocks has been surgically enhanced. However I do agree with the other point that I think you're making but to a lesser degree. If Sofia continues to do the kind of royal work that she's been doing since she joined the royal family three months ago, she's ultimately going to prevail, but I don't rule out a few noses get out of joint over the attention she's getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
This is where the difference is. The SRF has spent considerable time and money rehabilitating Sofia's image to make her acceptable as a royal bride. Sofia's NSFW pictures and questionable blogs and comments have been removed from the internet. (Well, nothing is really gone from the internet.) Her reality show past is not on her CV on the royal court's website. Three months into her royal marriage and Sofia is being compared to a woman who rose to fame with a high "ick" factor sex tape and still in the news for the wrong reasons. It looks like all that work by the court was for nothing. I also think this is what some members of the press, especially the editors, really think of Sofia - Sofia and Kim are cut from the same cloth. The press wrote good stories in the beginning to stay on the good side of the SRF and use a Cinderella/Pretty Woman to sell papers and get clicks. Now that Sofia is in, the gloves are going to start to come off.
What considerable time and money has been spent rehabilitating Sofia's image? Surely it did not go to tattoo removal. Sofia became engaged and then married into the royal family, was given HRH status and became a working royal and as such there are people behind the scenes who work for her and on her behalf, that's a given whether you are a born into a royal family or marry in.

I think that much more effort (understandably) was put in transforming scowling, trucker cap wearing Daniel Westling into Prince Daniel, but in both Daniel and Sofia's cases, it looks like maturation was the greatest driving force.

Sofia's reality show past is not on her CV, neither is Victoria's eating disorder on hers or Daniel being a personal trainer/gym owner on his. All the royal CVs are pretty sparse and there's nothing inconsistent with Sofia's CV vis a vis the other members of the SRF.

I don't know about your internet, but there are NSFW pictures of Sofia on my internet.

If the Swedish Royal Family and its courtiers were the type to get worked up over one of their princesses being compared to Kim Kardashian they would have never allowed the marriage between the King's only son and Miss Slitz 2004. Obviously Sofia has her detractors and those who will never accept her royal marriage but apparently those voices of dissension were not in a high enough quantity to stop the marriage from happening.

The phenomenon of getting built up by the media and then torn down is well known and I really don't think that the Bernadottes are not prepared for Sofia's past to get attention at some point down the line. Perhaps it won't happen, but I think they are aware that it can.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 09-25-2015, 09:31 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,096
Sadly I believe you are right and, having driven Chris and Madeleine out of Sweden altogether, that just leaves CP and Sofia and it seems that Sofia is the immediate target of opportunity.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 09-26-2015, 01:28 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Sofia's reality show past is not on her CV, neither is Victoria's eating disorder on hers or Daniel being a personal trainer/gym owner on his. All the royal CVs are pretty sparse and there's nothing inconsistent with Sofia's CV vis a vis the other members of the SRF.
Eating disorders don't belong to a CV.
From Daniel's biography at the court website:
Prince Daniel worked for a fitness company while studying at folk high school. After completing his course he began working for the fitness company full-time. While working at the fitness company, The Prince also taught on a course for personal trainers and body building coaches. Prince Daniel started his own company in 1997 and worked as a consultant in the fitness industry. He then went on to run his own gym, Master Training, together with a colleague. Master Training expanded and now has two gyms in central Stockholm. In 2006, he started the company Balance, a gym featuring a new concept, also situated in central Stockholm. The company now has approximately 100 employees. Together, the gyms have around 5,000 members.
To me this is quite clear, even though the word "personal trainer" isn't there.

There are no gaps in Daniel's biography, Sofia's doesn't tell if she ever graduated, what did she do in 2003-2005, she began studying accounting, specialising in business development at the New York Institute of English and Business, but the biography doesn't tell if she finished her studies, how long she studied, did she graduate. Her biography doesn't tell what she did after she returned to Sweden in 2009 before she started PP in 2010 with Frida.
From Daniel's biography we can read that he has had a permanent job ever since he finished folk school. From Sofia's we can't get the information where she has got the money to pay her rent etc.

About Daniel's "transformation" that he started to use suits, had more to do with that he became the ceo of Master Training, he owned 70 per cent of the shares.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 09-26-2015, 08:53 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,096
Don't know about the gaps in Sofia's CV, but I am guessing it is really not as important as that of Daniel. It always makes me grate my teeth when people refer to Daniel as having been little more than a muscle-bound knuckle-dragger in tattered jeans and truck drivers cap before the palace PR got hold of him. As if!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 09-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Eating disorders don't belong to a CV.
From Daniel's biography at the court website:
Prince Daniel worked for a fitness company while studying at folk high school. After completing his course he began working for the fitness company full-time. While working at the fitness company, The Prince also taught on a course for personal trainers and body building coaches. Prince Daniel started his own company in 1997 and worked as a consultant in the fitness industry. He then went on to run his own gym, Master Training, together with a colleague. Master Training expanded and now has two gyms in central Stockholm. In 2006, he started the company Balance, a gym featuring a new concept, also situated in central Stockholm. The company now has approximately 100 employees. Together, the gyms have around 5,000 members.
To me this is quite clear, even though the word "personal trainer" isn't there.

There are no gaps in Daniel's biography, Sofia's doesn't tell if she ever graduated, what did she do in 2003-2005, she began studying accounting, specialising in business development at the New York Institute of English and Business, but the biography doesn't tell if she finished her studies, how long she studied, did she graduate. Her biography doesn't tell what she did after she returned to Sweden in 2009 before she started PP in 2010 with Frida.
From Daniel's biography we can read that he has had a permanent job ever since he finished folk school. From Sofia's we can't get the information where she has got the money to pay her rent etc.

About Daniel's "transformation" that he started to use suits, had more to do with that he became the ceo of Master Training, he owned 70 per cent of the shares.
I thought the passage that appeared when you click the royal's name was the extent of the bio and did not realize that there was a more detailed even though there is a link there, so this is me right now ---> and .

In my previous post I was going to state the following but then decided to leave it out for brevity: "I assume that any previous job noted on Sofia's official CV means that it is fair game for the media to ask Sofia or the court press officers about that job and can see why the reality show stint (and Miss Slitz) were left off for that reason. The information and pictures are out there for any reporter or blogger to unearth and write about." Again I am fine with leaving out Miss Slitz and Paradise Hotel, but I think that Sofia's modeling career should have been acknowledged since that does seem to be a job that she did for a few years, and Sofia / the court should have been prepared to address (or deflect ) questions about her modeling career.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 09-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 356
@Lady Finn - I thing the 2003 - 2005 gap years reflect the Paradise Hotel stint and the Miss Slitz title. Sofia may be the wife of the spare spare, but she still represents Sweden, and given her recent appearances they plan to give her more. One thing the SRF hasn't given her is a patronage; she was an honorary patron for the South Africa Childhood visit. I think they are still trying to figure out where to put Sofia; they can't push Madeleine completely out of Childhood. Madeleine would have to formally resign before Sofia could take over without any blowback.

Sofia is lucky she is not a public figure in the US. If she had the same level of prominence in this country as she does in Sweden, the American media (mainstream and tabloid) would have done opposition research level digging into her past. With the education reported alone - the US press would have gone to the schools; check to see when and if she attended; track down her teachers and fellow students; get her transcripts to verify the grades that have been reported are correct (the reporters will find a way); if she ever faced disciplinary action in the school or face academic probation. If Sofia has a relationship with one of her professors that would have been the lead story. Fact checking is a religion here - if the reporters don't get you the bloggers will (and the reporters will build their stories on what the bloggers dig up).
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 09-26-2015, 09:58 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,096
Now doesn't that give you big, warm, fuzzies knowing how relatively tame the paparazzi are in Europe?
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Lady Finn - I thing the 2003 - 2005 gap years reflect the Paradise Hotel stint and the Miss Slitz title. Sofia may be the wife of the spare spare, but she still represents Sweden, and given her recent appearances they plan to give her more. One thing the SRF hasn't given her is a patronage; she was an honorary patron for the South Africa Childhood visit. I think they are still trying to figure out where to put Sofia; they can't push Madeleine completely out of Childhood. Madeleine would have to formally resign before Sofia could take over without any blowback.

Sofia is lucky she is not a public figure in the US. If she had the same level of prominence in this country as she does in Sweden, the American media (mainstream and tabloid) would have done opposition research level digging into her past. With the education reported alone - the US press would have gone to the schools; check to see when and if she attended; track down her teachers and fellow students; get her transcripts to verify the grades that have been reported are correct (the reporters will find a way); if she ever faced disciplinary action in the school or face academic probation. If Sofia has a relationship with one of her professors that would have been the lead story. Fact checking is a religion here - if the reporters don't get you the bloggers will (and the reporters will build their stories on what the bloggers dig up).

I doubt the Swedish public has any interest whatsoever in Sofia's school grades, or wants to know if she had detention on Saturdays, or faced academic probation. That kind of "fact checking" only really matters in US elections !

Seriously, Sofia has been very successful so far as a princess of Sweden. Moreover, judging from the high profile events she has attended since her wedding (the South Africa Childhood meeting, the opening of the Swedish Parliament, the General Synod of the Church of Sweden, etc.), it is clear to me that the King and the Court see her as a senior royal.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 09-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Sofia has been very successful so far as a princess of Sweden. Moreover, judging from the high profile events she has attended since her wedding (the South Africa Childhood meeting, the opening of the Swedish Parliament, the General Synod of the Church of Sweden, etc.), it is clear to me that the King and the Court see her a senior royal.
I agree. She has proceeded flawlessly. She clearly knows her role and place in the hierarchy and is adhering to it. She is blending seamlessly. Nicely done.

The King and Queen need to be complimented, too, as well as Sofia's new sisters-in-law. They have presented a united front. I'm impressed, and look forward to the patter of little feet. (Hint! Hint!)
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 09-27-2015, 07:15 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 356
@Mburno - that is my point about Sofia being here in the US. If Carl Philip were an American citizen and ran for president (or any other elected office) the media here would have gone hard on Sofia. And voters would have held her past against her and punished Carl Phillip at the ballot box. FLOTUS (First Lady of the United States) is still expected to be like Caesar's wife - above reproach. A potential first lady with a past like Sofia's would be a bridge too far to some voters here. Her past would not lend dignity to the position; Carl Philip's choice of a wife would go to question his judgment; her past would make the office of the presidency vulnerable to extortion - arguments influential media and political figures would use. And it would work. That's why I say Sofia is lucky she's not a prominent American figure.

As for Sofia's role in the SRF - I'll reserve judgment. Her appearances so far have been team efforts and her solo in South Africa is too close to Project Playground. I'll wait to see how she does when she gets a patronage of her own (no honorary ones) and visits hospitals, libraries, factories, schools, businesses, etc. and attend conferences unrelated to Childhood or PP on her own. Part of the job of being a royal.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 09-27-2015, 07:28 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,187
^^^^^^^
the point is: Europe is not the USofA
things that cause big drama in the USofA are regarded not important in Europe and vice-versa
If P.C-P *was* an american citizen and running for presidency, i'm sure what you say would happen

but....

he's not, and it's pointless to try to project USofA culture or values on the Swedish society, and the latter is the one that P.Sofia is having to fit in
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 09-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Palace, Canada
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I doubt the Swedish public has any interest whatsoever in Sofia's school grades, or wants to know if she had detention
Or if she was potty trained at the "proper age". LOL.
I agree that things that make headlines in the USA are considered silly in Europe(tabloid headlines that is) .

Also US president is an elected position and royalty in Sweden is not.
Not judging just stating a fact.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 11-17-2015, 03:58 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,797
Bunte has called to Lennart M. Sjöberg, the photographer who took photos of Sofia when she was 16 years old. Sjöberg tells that he met Sofia at a festival, she looked like an angel. Sjöberg asked how old Sofia was, she said she was 16. Sjöberg gave her his business card and asked Sofia's parents to call him. Sofia's father Erik Hellqvist called him, and soon the two men met. Sjöberg had soon the first job for Sofia, she should pose for a cover of a music album. Sofia flew with her parents to Thailand. Sjöberg photographed her in various ways, in some photos she wears a lace dress in innocent white, then a sexy leopard bikini. In some photos she poses even topless with her arms covering her curves. There are surprisingly revealing photos. But today they are found only on Sjöberg's site.
The planned album cover never actually became. Sjöberg about what Sofia thinks now about the old photos: "I do not think she has anything against our old photos, as they look very good, and can not be compared with the photos in Slitz' magazine".
According to Sjöberg the princess also knows that the images are still on his website. "We have discussed that. But if they would call me, we could talk about, of course, to remove them," he says.
Sofia von Schweden_ Fotograf_ So erlebte ich sie mit 16 _ BUNTE.de
Translation
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 11-17-2015, 08:18 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,838
So, despite all the cover-up, there are indeed topless picutres of and underage Sofia in Thailand. No more denying. I have nothing to say about that, since I guess my view on the matter is well-known.
There is another matter, on which I've been quiet so far, as I wanted to see how things would develop. I'm talking about the tunisian state visit and the absence of Sofia. Perhaps my opinion won't be wlcomed here but I think it was not a coincidence that Sofia missed the state visit. To me it looked strange from the start that she was sent away to SA at least 1 week before the visit... The tunisian president also represents a consevative culture... I don't know, but I find all the matter strange...
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 11-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 403
What cover up? Sofia is topless but as the article states "with her arms covering her curves" so you don't see anything but considering her age IMO the pictures are too risque. The article states that they are only on his site but I've seen them elsewhere. Sofia did pose nude later on where you see her breasts and backside but she is not underage.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 11-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
when there is nothing new, out of old stories already exits in the newspapers.
an article was already released in 2012, and writes here.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 11-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 4,653
I agree its not news. Everyone has a past. Sofia is now a princess and seems quite popular in Sweden.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 11-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,500
Very well said. Everyone does have a past and the need some people feel to shame Sofia for something completely harmless she did 10+ years ago will never fail to baffle me.
__________________
"I am Denmark's first female Prime Minister. But you know what? I won't be the last."
— Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark

Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 11-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Very well said. Everyone does have a past and the need some people feel to shame Sofia for something completely harmless she did 10+ years ago will never fail to baffle me.

+1 I suppose it is easier to criticize someone else than to look at oneself.


as said the photographer at the time :
Perhaps it is an art to create news about facts that are a decade old but then tilting it and enlarge the proportions so that there seems to be a problem is not to have respect for the people involved.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion about Sofia Hellqvist's Past & Future Role in the Royal Family JessRulz Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia 1147 06-21-2015 10:47 PM




Popular Tags
#jewels ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit october 2016 carl philip catherine middleton style christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall eveningwear dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf's birthday king willem-alexander may 2016 member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week pierre casiraghi prince charles princess beatrice hats princess madeleine daytime fashion princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess stéphanie's daytime outfits princess victoria birthday queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion royal trips september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats the duke of cambridge


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises