Christening of Prince Gabriel of Sweden: December 1, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Nicolas was also baptised at the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace 2 years ago,nice to see a change of venue from the Stockholm Palace chapel.

Princess Leonore, prince Nicolas and prince Alexander have been baptised at the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace. Only princess Estelle and prince Oscar were baptised the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace.

Princess Leonore, prince Nicolas and prince Alexander have been baptised at the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace. Only princess Estelle and prince Oscar were baptised the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace.
I like that the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace seems to have been reserved for the children of the future queen.

Just realized he now has a name: Prince Gabriel Carl Walther. :flowers: interesting. Walther is from where?

Just realized he now has a name: Prince Gabriel Carl Walther. :flowers: interesting. Walther is from where?

Carl Philip's grandfather, queen Silvia's father: Walther Sommerlath.

A special website has been created for the christening.
Prins Gabriels dop - Sveriges Kungahus

Additionally, the officiating clergy at the christening has been made public: Archbishop emeritus Anders Wejryd, Bishop and Chief Court Chaplain Dr. Johan Dalman and Court Chaplain and Rector of the Royal Court Parish Michael Bjerkhagen.

Officiating clergy at the christening of HRH Prince Gabriel - Sveriges Kungahus

Looks like they copy-pasted from Alexander's page as it states that prince Alexander will wear the same gown as (his cousins and brother).

Any idea why it is the emeritus archbishop and not the current one who will be officiating the christening?

Looks like they copy-pasted from Alexander's page as it states that prince Alexander will wear the same gown as (his cousins and brother).

Any idea why it is the emeritus archbishop and not the current one who will be officiating the christening?
No idea actually. I guess the current Archbishop has obligations elsewhere that day.

Human error, I think they just made a mistake; they meant Prince Gabriel.
At the time of Prince Alexander's christening, he did not have a brother so that word "brother" would not have appeared on his page.

Human error, I think they just made a mistake; they meant Prince Gabriel.
At the time of Prince Alexander's christening, he did not have a brother so that word "brother" would not have appeared on his page.
They didn't literally say 'cousins and brother' (that is why I put it between brackets) instead they mentioned all the names, so it was pretty easy to add 'prince Alexander' at the end of the list, while forgetting to change the name of the prince that is to be christened...

The archbishop is away in the United States at the time of the christening.

Margareta Thorgren told to Expressen, that because Gabriel's christening is in the winter, Carl Philip, Sofia, their children, the godparents and the guests will walk a shorter way from the Royal Chapel in Drottningholm to Drottningholm Palace.
At the christenings of Leonore, Nicolas and Alexander they have walked a longer way and the people have had more possibilities to see the royals and their guests.
Expressen shows the previous way and the shorter way which is used now.
Sofia och Carl Philip tvingas ändra i dopet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Margareta Thorgren told to Expressen, that because Gabriel's christening is in the winter, Carl Philip, Sofia, their children, the godparents and the guests will walk a shorter way from the Royal Chapel in Drottningholm to Drottningholm Palace.

At the christenings of Leonore, Nicolas and Alexander they have walked a longer way and the people have had more possibilities to see the royals and their guests.

Expressen shows the previous way and the shorter way which is used now.

Sofia och Carl Philip tvingas ändra i dopet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Having visited Drottningholm Palace for the first time myself this summer, I can envisage this new route from the chapel makes sense in winter, especially if there is a wind blowing.

Yes it will apparently be broadcasted.
Can someone provide the link?

The christening is already in two days

So, there go the doubts about Madeleine due to the perceived Madeleine/Sofia thing that some folks expressed in the past :whistling:
Lovely list.

Still no Daniel, no surprise there. They really stick with the 'older royal sibling and then younger royal sibling' rule...

Please Madeleine, I expect to see Daniel as a godparent to your third child.

Still no Daniel, no surprise there. They really stick with the 'older royal sibling and then younger royal sibling' rule...

Please Madeleine, I expect to see Daniel as a godparent to your third child.

I think that Daniel is an obvious choice for godparent when Madeleines third child arrives. If they have a fourth, I do think that Sofia would be chosen as well.

Princess Birgitta doesn't attend at the christening. She said to Expressen that she got the information of the christening date too late. She flew to Hong Kong on Wednesday, and stays there a week on work duties.
Prinsessan Birgitta går inte på prins Gabriels dop _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Tord Magnuson told to Expressen, that he and princess Christina are attending at the christening. Princess Désirée said that she has other commitments at home and she can't attend at the christening.
Margareta Thorgen didn't want to comment on the guest list, which will be published on Friday.
Prinsessan Christina mår bättre – kommer till prinsdopet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Back
Top Bottom