Christening of Prince Alexander: September 9, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to say that I am very satisfied with the choice of the godparents.

The couple has been low-profile for once. IIRC, Mrs Larsson is the mother of Sofia's goddaughter, Tiara Larsson, who served also as a bridesmaid at her wedding.

Is there any info about the TV live coverage of the christening?

The couple has been low-profile for once. IIRC, Mrs Larsson is the mother of Sofia's goddaughter, Tiara Larsson, who served also as a bridesmaid at her wedding.

According to the godparents list it's Miss Larson, so she is not married. And yes, she is Tiara Larsson's mother.

We are both satisfied with the choice of godparents - what is this world coming to? ;) (You know what I mean)

I wouldn't necessarily call it high or low profile (although I suppose that, had there been a Royal or titled person outside the family, the "too high profile" accusations would fly again), but these people are clearly the ones they feel comfortable with to serve as Alexander's godparents. I think it's a nice group.

Is there any info about the TV live coverage of the christening?

Prins Alexanders dop | SVT Play

Last edited:

I suspect they deliberately chose to go low-profile to avoid raising again the issue of the changes to the Act of Succession and of Alexander being the legitimate agnatic heir of the House of Bernadotte after his father. It is the strongest signal yet IMHO on CP's and the KIng's part that they have moved on that issue.

BTW, has the guest list been published yet ?

Last edited:
I suspect they deliberately chose to go low-profile to avoid raising again the issue of the changes to the Act of Succession and of Alexander being the legitimate agnatic heir of the House of Bernadotte after his father. It is the strongest signal yet IMHO on CP's and the KIng's part that they have moved on that issue.

I don't think that CP had any hard feeling on that matter anyway. It as the King that do it all by himself.

The guest list will be released tomorrow, at least that what the spokeswoman said.

He really is an adorable and very chubby baby, much bigger than his four cousins who have been baptized in the last few years. He is also older, will he br wearing the same gown? I guess they can let the neck out?

Yes he will be christened in the same gown all the royal babies are, and his name added. Little worried about the delicate gown, looked a bit small on Nicolas and he was younger and smaller. But they will have found some way yo accommodate the bigger chubbier baby.

I can remember Eugenie of York being the last straw for the delicate BRF christening gown that was made for Queen Victoria's first child. Eugenie wasn't christened for months as her father was away at sea. A replica had to be made for the next Royal baby. The bigger and chubbier the baby the more risk of potential damage to fragile little garments, I guess.

And the guest list is published:
Gäster.

Anyone who has something to complain about this, is in my eyes specifically looking for things to nitpick on.
This list should make for a fairly intimate setting.

And, with this event, the day has come for me to (finally) close the book on the Swedish Royal Family and CP and Sofia and their son in particular.
I've had a ride since June 27, 2014, experienced a lot, but it's enough for me.

I've done my time and say goodbye. For the rest of the people here:
good luck (or not, depending how you look at it) with following them and who knows what insights you may gather.

So long,
Skippy

The guest list: no major foreign royals and Sofia's mentor Barbro. Are any of her friends from her reality show days on the list?

Alexander's coat of arms: it looks similar to CP's. Sofia has been in the SRF for 15 months and she still doesn't have her own C of A.

As for the succession issue: the king has planned a 2nd salute (not done before) and a nod to CP. I don't think he has let it go.

Madeline has her hands full....

What a lovely christening so far! These swedish royal children are so wonderful! So heartbreaking!

Ebba Bush Thor is beautiful!

I had no intention to watch this christening - until now :)

But I must confess, the real reason for me to watch is my curiousity about Leonore and her famous ideas how to entertain to whole crowd :lol:

So sweet see all little kiddos. Oscar is so cute and copy of his sister. Leonore wild as always. Nicolas is calm. Alexander a chubby big baby and very calm. Whoa, in one year five grandchildren for CG and Silvia. Victoria looks lovely in pink dress, and I love Estelle wears similar colour. Sweet christening.

What a lovely family with all these babies !

Victoria (and "twin" Estelle) is looking phantastic in Raspberry, Sofia repeated CP Victorias "mother of the infant in white" theme - but she´s looking superb, and Madeleine is looking like an old matronly teacher :eek::eek::eek::bang:
BYe Bine

Huh, not Madeleine's best choice. :ROFLMAO:

As for the succession issue: the king has planned a 2nd salute (not done before) and a nod to CP. I don't think he has let it go.

It's a military ship that had stopped a short bit from the Drottningholm Palce. It fired 21 Gun salute at exactly the same time as they did from Skeppsholmen in Central Stockholm where they usually do it. Don't know if it was a personal gift to Carl Philip and his family or just to entertain the guests and the on lookers. Could have been both.

I don't think that was done during Leonore and Nicolas christenings (correct me if i'm wrong).

It was not neccessary with a ship at Estelle and Oscar's christenings as they were held in Stockholm and the salute batteri at Skeppsholmen is just below the palace.

Last edited:
Could the gun salute have been a nod to Carl Philips naval career?

According to the godparents list it's Miss Larson, so she is not married. And yes, she is Tiara Larsson's mother.

We are both satisfied with the choice of godparents - what is this world coming to? ;) (You know what I mean)

I wouldn't necessarily call it high or low profile (although I suppose that, had there been a Royal or titled person outside the family, the "too high profile" accusations would fly again), but these people are clearly the ones they feel comfortable with to serve as Alexander's godparents. I think it's a nice group.

Prins Alexanders dop | SVT Play

I think mine was simply a typo. I really didn't bother looking for "Mrs" or "Ms", no that it matter anyway.

Ans yes, I am satisfied for the "low key" choice for once. I can be very objective, too, even about Sofia.:lol:

I think they did a good choice and went for siblings, relatives and friends who they are close to.

Now, if they had chosen royals only for the sake of appeance, it would have bothered me. But they chose people they are intimate with.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom