Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

Please use this thread to discuss, suggest and muse about the upcoming Swedish royal wedding

* To facilitate the tiara discussion, a new thread has been created in the 'Royal Jewels' forum, here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!

I can't wait to see her tiara. I'm really hoping for the Connaught. I don't always like it, but I bet on her dark hair, with a veil, it would be spectacular.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I am also hoping for the connaught, it looked lovely on princess Christina when she married and I'd love to see it as a wedding tiara on a brunette!

I hope that Carl Philip designs a new tiara for Sofia.

Estelle will be three by then, old enough to be a flowergirl!

I am sure it will be a huge party. Estelle will be a lovely flowergirl!

Estelle will be three by then, old enough to be a flowergirl!

I am sure it will be a huge party. Estelle will be a lovely flowergirl!

I was just thinking about Estelle last night. I'm pretty sure she will be a bridesmaid, but I can't foresee the (very) near future of course. She would be an adorable bridesmaid. I can just imagine her in a little bridesmaids dress with a poesy of flowers. I wonder who else will be in the bridal party. I don't know anything about the Hellqvists, but perhaps Sofia has some younger cousins or friends with young children who could be bridesmaids and page boys.

I can imagine that the wedding will be 'big', considering that the engagement celebrations were grand for a Prince who is third in line to the throne. It will be interesting to see if it will remain a family and friends affair, or if some foreign royals will be invited too. IIRC there weren't any foreign royals at Madeleine and Chris's wedding. Victoria and Daniel's wedding was an exception, since she is the heiress.

I was just thinking about Estelle last night. I'm pretty sure she will be a bridesmaid, but I can't foresee the (very) near future of course. She would be an adorable bridesmaid. I can just imagine her in a little bridesmaids dress with a poesy of flowers. I wonder who else will be in the bridal party. I don't know anything about the Hellqvists, but perhaps Sofia has some younger cousins or friends with young children who could be bridesmaids and page boys.

I can imagine that the wedding will be 'big', considering that the engagement celebrations were grand for a Prince who is third in line to the throne. It will be interesting to see if it will remain a family and friends affair, or if some foreign royals will be invited too. IIRC there weren't any foreign royals at Madeleine and Chris's wedding. Victoria and Daniel's wedding was an exception, since she is the heiress.

No, there were foreign royals at Madeleine's. Here are some: http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2013/06/royal-fashion-awards-princess.html?m=1

:DI hope I can be forgiven but the only tiaras I wish Sofia to wear, including on her wedding day, are the Mickey Mouse ones (button tiaras)!

It will be interesting to see if it will remain a family and friends affair, or if some foreign royals will be invited too. IIRC there weren't any foreign royals at Madeleine and Chris's wedding. Victoria and Daniel's wedding was an exception, since she is the heiress.
Well, many foreign royals fit into the "frinds and family" category: Queen Margrethe is CP's godmother and cousin of her father. That makes Fred, Joachim, the young Greeks and Berleburgs their second cousins. The relationship with the other royal families is more distant, but at least the Norwegians would be called friends, though I seem to remember that they are pretty close to the Dutch and Luxembourgs as well. Prince Leopold of Bavaria is another godparent of CP, Prince Hubertus of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha is another 2nd cousin.

:DI hope I can be forgiven but the only tiaras I wish Sofia to wear, including on her wedding day, are the Mickey Mouse ones (button tiaras)!

I forgive you! But I don't think that your wish is realistic. I will be happy if it isn't the Cameo. Or wait, maybe Sofia will choose the Branganza?:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
When Princess Lilian lived I really thought the laurel wreath tiara would go to Carl Philip. Thankfully it went to Victoria instead. I would love to see Sofia in the baden fringe tiara. It would work great with her face and dark hair. But i think it's more realistic that it will be worn by Victoria on that day as it is technically hers as long as they follow the will of Queen Victoria. The connaught tiara would be great too.

I hope they will Marty in the Royal Palace Church in Stockholm (where M and C were married. I like it better than the cathedral (Storkyrkan).

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

When Princess Lilian lived I really thought the laurel wreath tiara would go to Carl Philip. Thankfully it went to Victoria instead. I would love to see Sofia in the baden fringe tiara. It would work great with her face and dark hair. But i think it's more realistic that it will be worn by Victoria on that day as it is technically hers as long as they follow the will of Queen Victoria. The connaught tiara would be great too.
CP Victoria can't wear the Baden fringe on that day, because I have already planned for her to wear the Aquamarine kokoshnik tiara.:p So it would be a final confirmation that this tiara is back with the main branch of the family. But according to my most important plan, the Baden fringe has to be worn by Madeleine (for the first time!).

I'm hoping she will wear the Connaught tiara. It has never beeb my favorite tiara out there but I think with her dark hair and petite face, she'd make it look so much better.

I'm hoping she will wear the Connaught tiara. It has never beeb my favorite tiara out there but I think with her dark hair and petite face, she'd make it look so much better.

Agreed! Especially if they style her hair so it's behind the tiara a bit, and she wears a veil.

I've never loved that tiara either, but for some reason, I think she'd make it look good.

I guess they will marry at 13-06-15 in the Royal Chapel with about 600 guests.

The most part of European royalty will be present and Sofia will surprise us with her wedding dress.

The couple asks for presents donation to Lilla Barnet Fonds and Project Playground.

I think they could get married on Saturday 27th June, a year after the engagement.

I think, a new Tiara will be acquired for her - and this will be the wedding gift from the King and Queen.
BYe Bine

I think that the traditional Bernadotte wedding date, 19 June, is out of the picture. Next year that is Midsummer Eve, I guess it wouldn't be so popular with the wedding at that day. And I think that the date is too connected with both the royal couple and crown princess couple.

As long as it is an afternoon wedding with tiaras, I am happy....
Bye Bine

As long as it is an afternoon wedding with tiaras, I am happy....
Bye Bine

Same here:flowers:! I want some serious tiara watching, no matter whether I like the bride or not. But I'd say the chances are good, since afternoon weddings seem to be the standard in the SRF.

They will probably choose a Saturday in June. It's their traditional wedding month, probably because the chance for good weather is high, not as many midges as in August, and those endless Skandinavian summer days around mid summer must be quite inviting as well.

It will defenitely be on a Saturday but I'm not that sure it will be in June. 19:th June is out of the question as it is a friday and midsummer eve. Likewise 20:th June as it is midsummer day and most people are away at their countryside homes. 27:th June is too late as most people (and royal families) have started their vacation by then. Maybe a wedding at Öland would work on a midsummer day but in Stockholm most people are away.
And 6:th June is the national day in Sweden when the whole royal family have lots of others engagements.
So the wedding might very well be in May. And this year we have had much better weather in May than in June. Almost the whole June has been like a bad February in Sweden.

Last edited:
I'd like to start sending congratulation cards to various Royals on their big accomplishments/life-changes etc. C-P and Sofia's engagement is the first occassion, so does anyone know the address where should I send the card for them?

:previous:

I would be willing to bet heavily that this will be an afternoon ceremony/evening reception wedding - like Victoria's and Madeleine's, and all other Scandinavian monarchies. They love their bling, and they love their parties :D

No wedding breakfasts for them.

Last edited:
I believe Carl Philip and Sofia will be married at Saint Nikolai kyrka (Storkyrkan).
A cathedral wedding is a lovely wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom