Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Wessexes are the most likely to attend since they usually always go to the foreign royal weddings. However, like some others here, due to Trooping the Colour I wouldn't be surprised if no one showed up.

The suggestion of Princess Beatrice is nice, and she did attend Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta von Rosboch von Wolkenstein's wedding, so anything is possible. But for some reason I also can't see her or Princess Eugenie attend the wedding. I highly doubt they will send her, but just out of interest, have Prince Charles or Princess Anne ever attended a foreign royal wedding?

I think the Wessexes are the most likely to attend since they usually always go to the foreign royal weddings. However, like some others here, due to Trooping the Colour I wouldn't be surprised if no one showed up.

The suggestion of Princess Beatrice is nice, and she did attend Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta von Rosboch von Wolkenstein's wedding, so anything is possible. But for some reason I also can't see her or Princess Eugenie attend the wedding. I highly doubt they will send her, but just out of interest, have Prince Charles or Princess Anne ever attended a foreign royal wedding?

Charles has attended a few weddings: those of Felipe and Letizia, Haakon and Mette-Marit, Willem-Alexander and Maxima, and Philippe and Mathilde, I believe. I don't recall Anne attending any, at least not in recent years.

I certainly think that if the BRF send anyone, it will be the Wessexes. They've been sent to most of the other weddings (and certainly the two other Swedish weddings), so I don't know why they'd switch it up now. As exciting as it might be for them to send someone new, I feel like at this point Edward and Sophie are accustomed to attending the foreign royal weddings, which means that they're probably more familiar with the other royals than anyone else might be. I'm sure it's nice for everyone involved to see familiar faces at these events.

And we would even see hear wearing a tiara for the first time. But i think it is very unlikely that they will send her.

I agree; if Beatrice doesn't officially represent the Queen, then why would they send her?

If anyone goes, I think it will be the Wessexes.
But it seems the BRF hasn't been attending any events for the European Royals recently, so perhaps no one will go.

Last edited:
Beatrice didn't represent the Queen at the Amedeo - Elisabetta wedding, she was invited because they are personally aquainted. So there is hardly any chance that she'll be at CP's wedding.

I am especially curious if the 2nd cousins from Greece and Berleburg will be invited. Is there any chance that we will hear about it before the official guest list is published?

Beatrice didn't represent the Queen at the Amedeo - Elisabetta wedding, she was invited because they are personally aquainted. So there is hardly any chance that she'll be at CP's wedding.

I am especially curious if the 2nd cousins from Greece and Berleburg will be invited. Is there any chance that we will hear about it before the official guest list is published?

I don't think that foud it before the wedding. But the greek royal family they are going to the wedding to Mandeleine so why not to Carl-Philip.

Charles has attended a few weddings: those of Felipe and Letizia, Haakon and Mette-Marit, Willem-Alexander and Maxima, and Philippe and Mathilde, I believe. I don't recall Anne attending any, at least not in recent years.

I certainly think that if the BRF send anyone, it will be the Wessexes. They've been sent to most of the other weddings (and certainly the two other Swedish weddings), so I don't know why they'd switch it up now. As exciting as it might be for them to send someone new, I feel like at this point Edward and Sophie are accustomed to attending the foreign royal weddings, which means that they're probably more familiar with the other royals than anyone else might be. I'm sure it's nice for everyone involved to see familiar faces at these events.

Charles and Camilla was to attend CP Victorias wedding but he broke his leg or something didn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

There is no fixed custom about the jewels of the brides. Very often the bride is allowed to borrow family jewels for the wedding, but usually they are not a gift. Some brides, like CP Mary or CP Mette-Marit get a tiara that is bought for them as a gift.

In Sweden most tiaras are part of the Bernadotte foundation and can't be given away. They can only be loaned to Sofia.

I don't think that Sofia is allowed to 'just pick' one of the tiaras from that blog. The King and Queen will decide which tiaras they are willing to offer her. Maybe the cameo tiara is reserved for the Queen and the Crown Princess, so that Sofia is not allowed to choose it. Maybe the fringe tiara is reserved to Victoria so that it is not to be worn by Sofia. But we do not know. The SRF will keep these restrictions private.

Expressen writes that according to their sources, the pre-wedding dinner which Carl Philip and Sofia have wanted to keep as secret will be held at the Vaxholm citadel. Svensk Damtidning wrote earlier that it will be held at the Ulriksdal Palace.

Carl Philip and Sofia have chosen Vaxholm and its citadel, an ancient fortress, as the site for their private wedding dinner. In good time before the private wedding dinner on Friday 12 June, all working with the dinner were asked to sign confidentiality agreements, according to Expressen.
To Carl Philip Vaxholm and it's citadel is a most logical and natural choice. It was out here that Carl Philip made his military service at AMF 1 in Vaxholm and 5319 Bernadotte trained to a commander of the Stridsboat 90.
It is a private event and the invitation tells that it is black tie for men and evening dress for the ladies. Guests for the dinner have just been told that they shall be on Strandvägen in Stockholm at a specific time and then they will be transported to the dinner. Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist have arranged that the guests are picked up by the boats that transported guests to Chris O'Neill and Princess Madeleine's wedding dinner at Drottningholm Palace. The boats that may be relevant is the S/S Stockholm, M/S Gustafsberg VII, M/S Waxholm III and above all: the M/S Carl Philip.
The Canal boat has since 1981 had the prince's name, and in 1999 at one of his first official major tasks as Prince of Sweden Carl Philip pennant hoisted on the boat and became it's sponsor and protector.
Här ska den hemliga bröllopsfesten hållas _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

I think is perfect place for this event.

Many thanks re the royal jewels.

I suppose it is possible Sofia will choose a floral wreath for her headdress, and may surprise us?

Are we likely to see any of the ladies fashions for the Private Party on Friday, 12 June?

It would also be nice if Queen Elizabeth went to some of these weddings It is like she is to good to be seen at any events involving the Neitherlands She always sends her son Edward Yet they make time to come to her family events in England when William got married they all showed up and she has never returned to any of there events like she is to good to be seen Or they could send Bea Andrew daughter she always like a free trip

It would also be nice if Queen Elizabeth went to some of these weddings It is like she is to good to be seen at any events involving the Neitherlands She always sends her son Edward Yet they make time to come to her family events in England when William got married they all showed up and she has never returned to any of there events like she is to good to be seen Or they could send Bea Andrew daughter she always like a free trip

One thing we have to remember though is that the Queen is now approaching 90 years old. She is remarkably strong and healthy but she's no spring chicken any more either.

I think when it comes to representing a family at a royal wedding, in most cases we do see the Wessexes attending for 2nd and 3rd children and if I'm not mistaken, Charles and Camilla were to go to Victoria and Daniel's but I think an injury waylaid them. I would imagine if there was such an occasion that a reigning monarch were to wed, it would be then that Queen Elizabeth may consider going depending on how hard of a trip it would be for her. I think the only wedding she did attend was for Baudouin and Fabiola of Belgium.

As far as representing the monarch at a wedding, I don't think they'd send Beatrice or Eugenie for the simple fact is that neither of the girls officially work representing the Queen in the "Firm".

QEII did not attend the wedding of Baudouin and Fabiola. She sent her sister Princess Margaret and Margaret's husband Lord Snowdon.

QEII and the Duke of Edinburgh attended Baudouin's funeral in 1992. She made an exception for him, she thought very highly of the late king of the Belgians.

QEII did not attend the wedding of Baudouin and Fabiola. She sent her sister Princess Margaret and Margaret's husband Lord Snowdon.

QEII and the Duke of Edinburgh attended Baudouin's funeral in 1992. She made an exception for him, she thought very highly of the late king of the Belgians.

Thanks for the correction. That's absolutely right and I got it all mixed up. Not enough caffeine today yet. Yeps.. that's the ticket. :whistling:

I would think the major reason why she attended that funeral is because it was a funeral of a monarch. Same point I was trying to put across with royal weddings.

I am looking forward to watching this upcoming wedding. I like to watch all the goings on and play "how many of the royals do I actually recognize by sight". It seems with each passing wedding, I'm familiar with more and more of them from being on TRF.

Last edited:
i think that Edward will do the task of and will go to the wedding unless we have a big surprise (william. harry) :whistling:

I am not sure of a lot of things, but I am 100% sure that neither William nor Harry will be attending the wedding of C-P and SH.

If they were not sent to attend the weddings of any of the direct Heirs(CP Victoria, HGD Guillaume) why would the RF single out this particular one to set precedent?

I am not sure of a lot of things, but I am 100% sure that neither William nor Harry will be attending the wedding of C-P and SH.

As for William i think we can be sure that her will not attend because he is riding in Trooping the Colour which is only a few hours bvefore the Wedding.

When it comes to royal events, there is a certain etiquette that says that other foreign royals should be invited and its been that way for a very long time. When it comes down to Carl Phillip and Sofia on their wedding day, I really don't think they'll be hurt or feel snubbed should someone not attend and send their regrets. The day is about the two of them and those that are closest to them. The rest is, as I see it, window dressing.

And I think we all know there is no way QE2 will attend this wedding, but then again I doubt many foreign sovereigns will apart from Queen Margrethe as she is godmother to the groom.

Last edited:
It would also be nice if Queen Elizabeth went to some of these weddings It is like she is to good to be seen at any events involving the Neitherlands She always sends her son Edward Yet they make time to come to her family events in England when William got married they all showed up and she has never returned to any of there events like she is to good to be seen Or they could send Bea Andrew daughter she always like a free trip.
As for William i think we can be sure that her will not attend because he is riding in Trooping the Colour which is only a few hours bvefore the Wedding.
And I think we all know there is no way QE2 will attend this wedding, but then again I doubt many foreign sovereigns will apart from Queen Margrethe as she is godmother to the groom.
And of course, one cannot forget that Queen Elizabeth is the "Star" of The Trooping of the Colour", it's the official observance of her birthday!

http://www.royal.gov.uk/royaleventsandceremonies/troopingthecolour/troopingthecolour.aspx

Catherine could always attend if she wanted. Yes, I am aware that she is on maternity leave, and this will not be there case.

I don't think the SRF really are all that concerned if the BRF come or not.

LaRae

Catherine could always attend if she wanted. Yes, I am aware that she is on maternity leave, and this will not be there case.
Ah, no she can't! According to some US blogs 'Kate' is being forced to attend the Trooping of the Colour' but a mean and unfeeling QEII. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, if she does make an appearance, it will be at the Trooping of the Colour, in a carriage with Camilla and possibly Andrew. It's the Queen's Birthday celebration and one of the biggest in pageantry. Not like missing your mum's birthday. This is a headliner and all eyes will be on that balcony.

Prince Philip, The Duke of Kent, The Prince of Wales, The Princess Royal, Prince Edward and Prince William all represent Regiments at the Trooping of Colour. The only way they will miss the event is if they're ill. I see four possible scenarios for this wedding.

1. They send Sophie by herself. But I think she will stay in London to accompany Louise on the balcony.
2.They send Prince Andrew. He might bring Beatrice as a plus one like he did to the Grand Prix.
3. They send Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. On rare occasion they send this couple when the senior royals are busy. I think Princess Michael would be bitter about losing her yearly balcony appearance. I think she really looks forward to it, she always has a snazzy new hat and she tries to stand near Catherine so her picture makes the papers. haha
4. They send no one. I believe this to be the likely case.

Prince Philip, The Duke of Kent, The Prince of Wales, The Princess Royal, Prince Edward and Prince William all represent Regiments at the Trooping of Colour. The only way they will miss the event is if they're ill. I see four possible scenarios for this wedding.

1. They send Sophie by herself. But I think she will stay in London to accompany Louise on the balcony.
2.They send Prince Andrew. He might bring Beatrice as a plus one like he did to the Grand Prix.
3. They send Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. On rare occasion they send this couple when the senior royals are busy. I think Princess Michael would be bitter about losing her yearly balcony appearance. I think she really looks forward to it, she always has a snazzy new hat and she tries to stand near Catherine so her picture makes the papers. haha
4. They send no one. I believe this to be the likely case.

Another option would be the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester. They also represented the UK at the Wedding of the King and Queen of Sweden in 1976.

i guess little by little we will get to see the royal agendas on their websites and know who is attending.

since the spanish RF did not attend madeleine's wedding, i assume this will also be the case for CP's wedding.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, King Philippe and Princess Mathilde (then still the Duke and Duchess of Brabant), King Felipe and Queen Letizia (then still the Prince and Princess of Asturias) and the Prince of Monaco: none of them did attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill.

No one else represented the Netherlands, Belgium or Spain. That Belgium was absent, was remarkable since King Philippe and his siblings are grandchildren to a Princess of Sweden. The Princess of Monaco did attend all alone, which is unlikely now: maybe she prefers to stay with Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella. The United Kingdom did send the Earl and Countess of Wessex, but they most likely will attend the Queen's Birthday Parade in London.

So my prediction:

Denmark:
The Crown Prince and -Princess
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie

Norway
The Crown Prince and -Princess
Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn

The United Kingdom
- no royal representation

The Netherlands

Belgium

Luxembourg
- The Hereditary Grand Duke and -Duchess

Spain

Monaco
- no princely representation

Liechtenstein
- no princely representation

The former Greek royal family
- Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal
- Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana

The former German royal families
- Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Ms Carina Axelsson
- Count Jefferson-Friedrich and Countess Alexandra von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth, born Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- Mr Alexander and Mrs Nathalie Johannsmann, born Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- the Hereditary Prince and -Princess von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha
- Prince Leopold and Princess Ursula von Bayern

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom