Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious that the gossip press and lots of people on this forum (and others) really don't like Sofia, and will do anything to discredit her, her background and her friends. Is she traditional princess material? Of course not. I also have my doubts.

What I don't doubt is this:

She has done things earlier in life that other people dissaprove of. Fine. She can't have them undone. But the royal family, who knows her more than any of us, has accepted her. I think we should trust them on this one.

Her friends from the past might not be the same kind of people that some other Royal brides have brought to the guest list of the wedding. So what? Is a hair dresser not as good of a friend as a banker? And I also bet that some of Sofias friends are low profile people that we have never heard of. Either way, you can rest assured that they will behave properly at the wedding.

Since the engagement, Carl Philip has held a higher profile. The most visible appearance was the one in Hellenius hörna. People like Sofia for the effect she seems to have on him. He seems more confident and ready to take on Royal duties. If that isn't a good thing, I don't know what is. Her background is known to most Swedish people, but those I've talked to about this couldn't care less. Showing skin and partying isn't a big deal over here. If she had been involved in drugs or other criminal activities or something similar, I'm sure that people in general would have reacted. But partying? Semi-nude modeling? They couldn't care less.

She and CP really love each other. And when all is said and done, that is the most important thing.

The court equerry Mertil Melin told to Svensk Damtidning, that the court will invite the press to the Royal Stables in May and Melin will tell how they take part at the wedding. And show up the horses and the carriage.

It's obvious that the gossip press and lots of people on this forum (and others) really don't like Sofia, and will do anything to discredit her, her background and her friends. Is she traditional princess material? Of course not. I also have my doubts.

What I don't doubt is this:

She has done things earlier in life that other people dissaprove of. Fine. She can't have them undone. But the royal family, who knows her more than any of us, has accepted her. I think we should trust them on this one.

Her friends from the past might not be the same kind of people that some other Royal brides have brought to the guest list of the wedding. So what? Is a hair dresser not as good of a friend as a banker? And I also bet that some of Sofias friends are low profile people that we have never heard of. Either way, you can rest assured that they will behave properly at the wedding.

Since the engagement, Carl Philip has held a higher profile. The most visible appearance was the one in Hellenius hörna. People like Sofia for the effect she seems to have on him. He seems more confident and ready to take on Royal duties. If that isn't a good thing, I don't know what is. Her background is known to most Swedish people, but those I've talked to about this couldn't care less. Showing skin and partying isn't a big deal over here. If she had been involved in drugs or other criminal activities or something similar, I'm sure that people in general would have reacted. But partying? Semi-nude modeling? They couldn't care less.

She and CP really love each other. And when all is said and done, that is the most important thing.

And even being 'traditional princess material' would not guarantee anything. Some people look perfect on paper but are less than average in practice.

For the rest I guess I agree with your post. And for some people I suppose it's good that they live abroad and not in Europe, least of all in Sweden :)

As per Marengo's previous message, all posts should be posted in the appropriate thread. Yet several poster completely ignored this warning and several off-topic posts had to be moved to the correct thread. Further off-topic posts will be removed without notice.

I hope we get to see pictures of the Wedding Cake?

Is it being designed by the Palace?

Also, who is doing the flower arrangements?

Last edited:
I hope we get to see pictures of the Wedding Cake?

Is it being designed by the Palace?

Also, who is doing the flower arrangements?

The florist of the royal court, Claes Carlsson, did the flower arrangements to Victoria's and Madeleine's weddings. So maybe he does the arrangements this time too.

Svensk Damtidning has a poll about if Carl Philip should keep his beard to the wedding or not, or can he keep a moustache. At the moment 53 % of people have voted that Carl Philip should not have a beard and 27 % think that he should have a beard.
http://svenskdam.se/

:previous: Somehow to me, his beard always looks a bit scruffy, so I vote it goes. But it's a bit hard to imagine him with a moustache. Has anyone seen a photo of him with one? I hope we don't end up with a beautiful bride and a scruffy groom! :ermm:

I hope he keeps his beard, it makes him look much more mature. Without his beard I think he looks like a boy who only just became a man.

:previous: You have a point there. He does look incredibly young for his age. :ermm:

I think he looks fine with or without the beard, but I prefer to see him clean shaven for the wedding.

I think he looks fine with or without the beard, but I prefer to see him clean shaven for the wedding.

I agree - he may do what King Felipe did when he became king and shave it off for the big event and re-grow it later.

Gosh, I hope he doesn't shave for the wedding. To me, whatever sex appeal he has lies in the beard :p :D

And I hope he is bearded or not based on her choice for the day. It would be loving nice gesture.

I hope he keeps the beard for the wedding. He is one of those men who looks better with a beard and it goes well with a naval uniform, which I am assuming he will wear.

Gosh, I hope he doesn't shave for the wedding. To me, whatever sex appeal he has lies in the beard :p :D
:D

Last edited:
Of course she will. She will addressed as Hennes Kunglig Höghet Sofia Kristina, Prinsessan av Severige, Hertiginna av Värmland by virtue of her marriage to Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland.

I don't know if there is any customs fro this. But in the case of Victoria and Daniel their joint monogram was released in December 2009, while Prince Daniel's monogram was released just a week before the wedding. It has then been public that he would become a Prince of Sweden about two weeks before that. So it's still a possibility that Sofia becomes a princess.

It was already announced with the engagement announcmenet that Daniel would become Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergotland.

Of course she will. She will addressed as Hennes Kunglig Höghet Sofia Kristina, Prinsessan av Severige, Hertiginna av Värmland by virtue of her marriage to Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland.

I suppose there is still doubt because nothing is announced yet. A declaration of any sort would make matters clear. But if I remember correctly we'll just have to wait until the wedding day.
And I think it would only be H.K.H. Sofia, without Kristina. It's only her second name and she doesn't use it now so I don't think she will after marriage.

It was already announced with the engagement announcmenet that Daniel would become Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergotland.

That is hardly surprising, the other way round doesn't work the same way.

You're right, my mistake. However the Royal Court made a press release public on May 30th 2010 about Daniel Wetslings title. When I read it again it seems like they mean that he now would receive the "His Royal Highness", become Prince of Sweden and member of the Royal House. Obviously the Court and the King see a difference in this, compared to the previous statement with the engagement.

I think that Sofia will wear the title of princess of Sweden, she will marry with a prince.

I'm not 100% sure that she will become princess. We know that Jonas Bergström was supposed to become duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, but not prince. His situation more similar to Sofias than to Daniel.

I'm not 100% sure that she will become princess. We know that Jonas Bergström was supposed to become duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, but not prince. His situation more similar to Sofias than to Daniel.

I'm curious, why wouldn't Sofia be a princess as a matter of course since she is marrying a prince? Why wouldn't Jonas, and then Chris, become a prince as a matter of course, upon marrying a Swedish princess? Is Sweden's royalty different in this regard than other European royalty? :bb:

For me, this is the best indication so far too. It was confirmed at the time that Jonas would be a duke, so why would Sofia become a princess instead of a duchess. Daniel is a different matter as husband to the heiress but Jonas was exactly in the same position as Sofia is now.

But of course we have the CG factor here, possibly preferring his son's wife to his daughters supposed husband at the time :whistling:

For me, this is the best indication so far too. It was confirmed at the time that Jonas would be a duke, so why would Sofia become a princess instead of a duchess. Daniel is a different matter as husband to the heiress but Jonas was exactly in the same position as Sofia is now.

But of course we have the CG factor here, possibly preferring his son's wife to his daughters supposed husband at the time :whistling:

You'd better leave insinuations like these away, Duke, they don't do you any credit and they are against forum rules - because I think you know very well what you are referring to.

Furthermore I believe that these speculations should be moved to the wedding suggestions and musings thread, because they are no longer about factual pre-wedding information.

Svensk Damtidning has interviewed three experts about what kind of wedding dress Sofia will choose:
Camilla Thulin, a fashion designer
- Lace is the highest fashion now, it is seen everywhere, both at cheap stores and at the most luxurious. Lace is classical, if the model is classical, lace is "safe", beautiful, feminine. Perhaps miss Hellqvist likes lace a little too much, but it suits her. Though perhaps the Nobel dress was too much "an evening in Monte Carlo".
Jenny Fredriksson, fashion editor and stylist in Elle Sweden
- Lace is very actual in the spring and pops up in many international fashion houses. It wouldn't be odd if a woman aware of fashion like Sofia chooses lace dress.
Michaela Forni, vice ceo of fashion website devote.se
- Lace is the nicest one can wear. It is very stylistically pure and at the same time a little sexy and at the most times very flattering to your body. A wedding or gala dress of lace is the most coolest one can wear.

It is not that difficult. It will be a white dress, with a train and she will have a veil with a diadem. Wow... am I now Nostradamus The Second?

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom