Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really possible to choose a date that will satisfy all contingencies? Makes me think that what some posters felt was a delay in announcing the date may be explained by all the considerations to be factored into a date. Must not be easy. ;)

I completely agree. It must be a pain in the arse to find a date that suits everyone – I'm glad it's not my job.

I wouldn't think it would be necessarily that hard, especially when you're deciding the date so far in advance.

Every RF has their annual events, but I would assume that by now every RF knows the dates for everyone else's annual events. What's more is that it's not like every weekend has an annual event. Most weekends don't have any annual events at all.

I doubt that they chose this date with the intention of snubbing the BRF though. Didn't CP say that it was a date of significance to him and Sofia? To me that makes it seem like it was more of a decision between them than one from the official schedule keepers.

He did say that and thinking that this date was deliberately chosen to snub the BRF is - IMO - looking for things that aren't there. One can't hold literally everything into account, even when planning a date so far in advance.
Who can attend will and who can't won't or will send a representative. It's not like they will be left with nothing.

Edward holds the Honourary Colonelcy in one of the regiments that participates in the Trooping which is why he rides in the parade as does the Duke of Kent (although he has travelled in a carriage since his stroke.

Andrew doesn't hold such a rank and so is available as are the Gloucester's.

Trooping is more important to the BRF than a foreign royal wedding of a younger child who isn't the future king (remember that Frederick only got Edward while Felipe scored Charles) so I don't see the Brits sending anyone too senior, if they send anyone at all given the fact that the Swedes would have known the date of the Trooping the Colour and deliberately chose a date that clashed (normally the royal houses don't do that so that everyone can attend each other's events).

I still think that if the BRF are represented, it will be the Wessex's.

The British have a huge week without the wedding - Trooping (13th), 800th anniversary of Magna Carta (15th) and the 200th anniversary of Waterloo (18 - 21st) and Ascot from the 16th - 20th so the Swedish wedding would be down the rankings of where royals would be going.

I am not sure that Edward's regiment would like him to missing Trooping for the wedding of a minor foreign royal rather than attending the one event during the year when they actually rate on the national stage - as people always ask 'why is Edward wearing a uniform etc etc? and so this event allows for the education of people about Edward's regiment and they appreciate it.

Andrew is the best to send as he hasn't anything to do with Trooping and could stop off in Belgium on the way back to attend the events around Waterloo while the rest of the family head to Runnymede and Ascot.

I wonder if any of the new Monarchs and Consorts will attend of would for example Princess Beatrix represent the Dutch RF?

I wonder if any of the new Monarchs and Consorts will attend of would for example Princess Beatrix represent the Dutch RF?

The reason that Queen Beatrix did attend the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria was that she was her godparent. That was the same reason why the Queen did attend Victoria's confirmation: http://royauxsuedois.r.o.pic.centerblog.net/victoria_beatrix_sydb96cf_1.jpg Such a special relationship is missing with Prince Carl Philip.

Queen Margrethe II of Danmark, his aunt Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Prince Leopold of Bavaria are the still living godparents of Prince Carl Philip and will for sure attend. From the Dutch royal family I guess that Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien will attend the wedding.

:flowers:

I am more interested in the complete picture of the royal guests, I don't really see why the BRF is so important in who they will send.

I sense there would be no major presence from the Dutch and the Spaniards

BRF could send the Cambridges. They probably won't be doing anything.

IMO, it is important the Cambridge's do the balcony for Trooping, rather than the Wessex's.

Spain? Probably not, it seems to be their policy to keep glamour appearance down to a minimum as long as there's the crisis straggling their country.
Belgium? Not sure, there is quite an age gap between Philippe and CP and they're probably not very close.
Netherlands? I imagine that they would attend if their calendar allows. The king is said to be quite a good friend of Victoria, and probably is close to CP and Madeleine as well. It would be a good opportunity to catch up with the Skandinavian friends, and the Queen is not exactly known to shy away from tiara events :D. I hope that they'll make it!

Maybe it would be a good opportunity to send the 'spares': Constantijn, Elena and Laurent. But since neither family was represented at Madeleines wedding maybe they will stay away. Though this wedding is supposed to be on a larger scale of course.

Princess Caroline could represent Monaco on behalf of her brother as she has done in the past.

Maybe it would be a good opportunity to send the 'spares': Constantijn, Elena and Laurent. But since neither family was represented at Madeleines wedding maybe they will stay away. Though this wedding is supposed to be on a larger scale of course.

If Infanta Elena went she wouldn't be representing Spain but as a guest since she's no longer a member of the SRF,I'm now thing that the Borbóns won't send a soul!

Not all other RF's where attending P.Madeleine's wedding so i don't expect they will be now (ofcourse P.Victoria's wedding we can't compare in this aspect, as she is first in line to the throne and she has a lot of personal connections with other royals).
I expect representatives from Norway, Denmark for sure, Greece very likely and other than that... i really wouldn't be surprised if that was it "royalty-wise".

Oh, and P.Estelle as a flowergirl is a sure thing imo :) especially since she's also P.Carl-Philip's godchild (is she his only one?)

Oh, and P.Estelle as a flowergirl is a sure thing imo :) especially since she's also P.Carl-Philip's godchild (is she his only one?)

Estelle is quite young to be a flower girl. As far as I know, Carl Philip is the godfather to one of Patrick Sommerlath's twins Anais and Chloe, born 2008 (Madeleine is the godmother of the other twin). According to Svensk Damtidning Carl Philip is also the godfather of countess Bettina Bernadotte's son Emil, born 2005.

Estelle is quite young to be a flower girl. As far as I know, Carl Philip is the godfather to one of Patrick Sommerlath's twins Anais and Chloe, born 2008 (Madeleine is the godmother of the other twin). According to Svensk Damtidning Carl Philip is also the godfather of countess Bettina Bernadotte's son Emil, born 2005.

Thank you for the info, the twins seem a great age for the flower girls so they have plenty of choice ;) if they go with flowergirls ofcourse, they might not

Andrew is the best to send as he hasn't anything to do with Trooping and could stop off in Belgium on the way back to attend the events around Waterloo while the rest of the family head to Runnymede and Ascot.

That would be a good idea. Maybe his daughters could go with him. That way we maybe have a tiny chance to see the famous antler facinator from the Cambridges wedding again - or some other silly facinator like Beatrice seems to like. :ROFLMAO:

But I really think Sophie without Edward will be the most logical coice because the Wessexs always represented the BRF at weddings.

That would be a good idea. Maybe his daughters could go with him. That way we maybe have a tiny chance to see the famous antler facinator from the Cambridges wedding again - or some other silly facinator like Beatrice seems to like. :ROFLMAO:
:eek:No chance! The antler has been auctioned off for charity some time ago (and good riddance, imo, besides it gathered a handsome amount for a good cause). No other silly facinator either, because it probably won't be a morning wedding with hats and fascinators, but an afternoon wedding with tiaras.

Seeing the York tiara once again? I certainly wouldn't mind, but I don't see it happening yet.:flowers:

I wonder if Princess Estelle and Princess Leonore will attend the wedding, and if both or one of them will have a special "function".

Since Estelle was only 16 months old at the time of Madeleine's wedding and she attended that, then I think that she will be present at Carl Philip and Sofia's.

I'm certain that Estelle and Leonore and other children from respective families will be at the church for the wedding. That's the Swedish way nowadays and I'm looking forward to pages up and pages down of yet another discussion about what a barbarous custom it is like after M and C's wedding. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm certain that Estelle and Leonore and other children from respective families will be at the church for the wedding. That's the Swedish way nowadays and I'm looking forward to pages up and pages down of yet another discussion about what a barbarous custom it is like after M and C's wedding. ��

:whistling:That's a very clear-sighted forecast. Will we also have those discussions on walking-own-the-ailes again? Father or groom?

What will the wedding tiara?

I hope she will wear the Connaugh tiara

I'm certain that Estelle and Leonore and other children from respective families will be at the church for the wedding. That's the Swedish way nowadays and I'm looking forward to pages up and pages down of yet another discussion about what a barbarous custom it is like after M and C's wedding. ?

Children belong at weddings, because weddings are family events and children belong to families. I don't get why there has to be big discussions about that.

I hope she will wear the Connaugh tiara

Children belong at weddings, because weddings are family events and children belong to families. I don't get why there has to be big discussions about that.
I'm also hoping for the Connaught tiara, it's beautiful, romantic, and works well with a veil.

As for children at weddings, there seems to be a cultural devide. In most European countries people think that it's the most natural thing to bring their kids along and nobody cares if they behave a bit unruly. If I understood the discussion along the weddings of Victoria and Madeleine correctly, Americans leave their kids at home because it's considered rude to bring kids that would disturb the ceremony.

Imo, we should just accept that cultures vary, things can be done in different ways. And that is completely OK! No need to argue about it.:flowers:

:whistling:That's a very clear-sighted forecast. Will we also have those discussions on walking-own-the-ailes again? Father or groom?
Well, since both Victoria and Madeleine did variations on the 50/50 it is always possible that Sofia would want to do it too. But then again, wouldn't it be wonderful if they treated the world with a true Swedish Wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom