Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's 2rd tier if you take her position from relation to HM. HM, Andrew, Bea.

I'm wondering who will represent Spain now that Felipe is King? On the other hand its quite possible that there will be no Spanish presence at Carl Philips wedding as with Princess Madeleine's.

Then i will drop the subject because then i *really* don't understand why you keep comparing the three couples :flowers:

On another note: for some reason i have a feeling that there might be a new batch of royal repesentatives as guest: for instance P.Beatrice for the BRF?
From the dutch RF i think it might be P.Constantijn or P.Maurits.

I keep comparing them because it was so easy for Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine and Chris - they announced their wedding date a month and two months after the engagement. They didn't make a big fuss about their wedding date and keep the press waiting. This isn't a matter of life, how difficult it is to make the decision?

Maybe it's not the decission of Carl Philip and Sofia but the decission of the court / king when the date is made public. Maybe Carl Philip and Sofia do want to make the date public but aren't allowed yet due to whantever reason. But whatever the reason is, it's just a date. The world doesn't stop if they wait a while longer to announce it and it's just everyone being extremly nosy around here why all this fruitless discussions take place around here.

Take a breath everyone and cool down. We all will know soon enough when we have to switch on our TVs.

It's funny how some people here thinks they know more than the Swedish Royal Family and Court and that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia must always act the same way as his sisters.

I wonder how this people will react if Prince Carl Philip and Sofia doesn't name their children Estelle and Leonore.:whistling:

^^^Agree. I find it quite hilarious that such fervor is exhibited by some for a wedding date of people they don't even know. There's always a possibility that it won't be televised, just in case it's a strip-tease wedding (tic).

Well, for one thing i hope we get to see some weddingguests with a creative dresssense; it's always fun to discuss the "best and worse" outfits :)
(was just thinking of dutch P.Mabel's skirt-pants from P.Victoria's wedding, hence the thought :lol:)

Well, to some people, CP and Sofia are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think there's a specific reason why they haven't announced it yet, but I still don't get the fuss. They're going to marry at some point that isn't in the near future – why is that so troubling?

Edward and Sophie most certainly attended Madeleine and Christopher's wedding. They actually arrived with Princess Charlène (perhaps a hint of their closeness? I would love to see Sophie as godmother of one of the twins).

Seeing as Madeleine is further down the line of succession than CP, I think it's relatively safe to assume that Edward and Sophie will attend CP and Sofia's wedding as well.

Ah OK, thanks for the information. Even though I had watched it live, I seem to have forgotten a lot of what went on at Madeleine and Chris's wedding. After having read your post, I think it's rather likely that we will see Edward and Sophie at Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She's 2rd tier if you take her position from relation to HM. HM, Andrew, Bea.

Tier 1 HM and Spouse
Tier 2 the CP and Spouse
Tier 3 Younger children of HM and Spouse or Children of the CP
Tier 4 Children of younger childer of HM

JMHO of course!

Several posts have been removed as they do not contribute anything constructive to the thread. Please keep sarcastic and snippy comments to private correspondence if you wish to make them repeatedly.

Also, keep in mind one of the forum's rules - comparisons between royals are not looked upon favourably by the moderating team.

Tier 1 HM and Spouse
Tier 2 the CP and Spouse
Tier 3 Younger children of HM and Spouse or Children of the CP
Tier 4 Children of younger childer of HM

JMHO of course!
I agree with you take on things Scooter. This seems to be the way with most royal houses, not just the UK.

I'm wondering who will represent Spain now that Felipe is King? On the other hand its quite possible that there will be no Spanish presence at Carl Philips wedding as with Princess Madeleine's.
Good question. My first guess might be Elena if the King and Queen do not attend.

Good question. My first guess might be Elena if the King and Queen do not attend.

i doubt if the king will attend, with minor doubts about sofia - maybe elena will attend as a sign of courtesy, but i doubt she's very close to CP. i think it's highly unlikely that felipe and letizia attend.

I highly doubt that anyone will attend from the Spanish Royal Family.

Did anyone from the Spanish RF attend Madeline and Chris's wedding?

Well if nobody went to the Madeline/Chris wedding from the SRF then I think we can assume that no Spanish royals will be attending the wedding of CP and Sofia, and if they don't, it'll have nothing to do with the SRF's opinion of Sofia.

Well if nobody went to the Madeline/Chris wedding from the SRF then I think we can assume that no Spanish royals will be attending the wedding of CP and Sofia, and if they don't, it'll have nothing to do with the SRF's opinion of Sofia.
:flowers:Exactly my opinion! In that case it would only have to do with the SRF itself.

Usually it is that younger generation who attends the weddings (unless for the very high-profile CP weddings), but the Princess of Asturias is too young. Christina is out of the running for obvious reasons, the King and Queen most likely are busy with loads of other things, Juan Carlos hasn't gone to weddings for ages... maybe Sofia and Elena would go if they have not other obligations.

I'm thinking that either Queen Sofia will go or there will be no one.

I hope she wears a lace dress, too. I think she will be a beautiful bride whatever she chooses to wear.

I guess that makes BRF attendance very questionable as it takes place on the same day as Trooping the Colour.

I'm guessing the Wessex's, Kent's or Gloucester's.

Yea, I bet the Wessex couple goes. They hit all of these weddings and could probably be excused from Trooping the Colour.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Edward holds the Honourary Colonelcy in one of the regiments that participates in the Trooping which is why he rides in the parade as does the Duke of Kent (although he has travelled in a carriage since his stroke.

Andrew doesn't hold such a rank and so is available as are the Gloucester's.

Trooping is more important to the BRF than a foreign royal wedding of a younger child who isn't the future king (remember that Frederick only got Edward while Felipe scored Charles) so I don't see the Brits sending anyone too senior, if they send anyone at all given the fact that the Swedes would have known the date of the Trooping the Colour and deliberately chose a date that clashed (normally the royal houses don't do that so that everyone can attend each other's events).

Trooping is more important to the BRF than a foreign royal wedding of a younger child who isn't the future king (remember that Frederick only got Edward while Felipe scored Charles) so I don't see the Brits sending anyone too senior, if they send anyone at all given the fact that the Swedes would have known the date of the Trooping the Colour and deliberately chose a date that clashed

Wasn't Charles and Camilla supposed to have represented the BRF at Viktoria and Daniels wedding but had to send Edward and Sophie instead when Charles injured his foot or something?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Edward holds the Honourary Colonelcy in one of the regiments that participates in the Trooping which is why he rides in the parade as does the Duke of Kent (although he has travelled in a carriage since his stroke.

Andrew doesn't hold such a rank and so is available as are the Gloucester's.

Interesting to note. :flowers:

Trooping is more important to the BRF than a foreign royal wedding of a younger child who isn't the future king (remember that Frederick only got Edward while Felipe scored Charles) so I don't see the Brits sending anyone too senior, if they send anyone at all given the fact that the Swedes would have known the date of the Trooping the Colour and deliberately chose a date that clashed (normally the royal houses don't do that so that everyone can attend each other's events).

Is it really possible to choose a date that will satisfy all contingencies? Makes me think that what some posters felt was a delay in announcing the date may be explained by all the considerations to be factored into a date. Must not be easy. ;)

Is it really possible to choose a date that will satisfy all contingencies? Makes me think that what some posters felt was a delay in announcing the date may be explained by all the considerations to be factored into a date. Must not be easy. ;)

I wouldn't think it would be necessarily that hard, especially when you're deciding the date so far in advance.

Every RF has their annual events, but I would assume that by now every RF knows the dates for everyone else's annual events. What's more is that it's not like every weekend has an annual event. Most weekends don't have any annual events at all.

I doubt that they chose this date with the intention of snubbing the BRF though. Didn't CP say that it was a date of significance to him and Sofia? To me that makes it seem like it was more of a decision between them than one from the official schedule keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom