Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few posts which were too off-topic (ie. had nothing to do with Carl Philip, Sofia or Sofia's tattoos) have been removed. If you wish to discuss the merits of tattoos in general, please do so in the General Discussion forum.

The Director of the Press department, Margareta Thorgren, said yesterday to Expressen that there are no decisions made about the wedding and when they have new information, they will communicate it.
Borgholm's councilor Lisbeth Lennartsson confirmed that Öland may be highly relevant for the royal wedding. There are reports that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist have been and looked at two churches: Gärdslösa church and Räpplinge church.
- It has not yet been decided of any places or sites, says Thorgren.
Have they talked about various places for the wedding?
- Of course. There is a constant dialogue.
Sofias stora kliv in i kungliga finrummet Nyheter Expressen

The Director of the Press department, Margareta Thorgren, said yesterday to Expressen that there are no decisions made about the wedding and when they have new information, they will communicate it.
Borgholm's councilor Lisbeth Lennartsson confirmed that Öland may be highly relevant for the royal wedding. There are reports that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist have been and looked at two churches: Gärdslösa church and Räpplinge church.
- It has not yet been decided of any places or sites, says Thorgren.
Have they talked about various places for the wedding?
- Of course. There is a constant dialogue.
Sofias stora kliv in i kungliga finrummet Nyheter Expressen

We on this forum are obviously not the only ones who want to get new information :lol:

About the possible wedding date
Carl Philip is the patron of the Volvo Ocean Race and goes tomorrow to Alicante to participate to it.
The Volvo Ocean Race ends in Gothenburg on Saturday 27th June in 2015 with In-Port Race. So can the patron get married on that day, or maybe he must be in Gothenburg.

Last edited:
About the possible wedding date
Carl Philip is the patron of the Volvo Ocean Race and goes tomorrow to Alicante to participate to it.
The Volvo Ocean Race ends in Gothenburg on Saturday 27th June in 2015 with In-Port Race. So can the patron get married on that day, or maybe he must be in Gothenburg.

Well, as we have seen with the naval exercise, being on a boat does not prevent him to fly back and forth to other events...
So i'm afraid we can't deduce anything from his offucial calendar and will really have to wait for the offucial announcements :flowers:

Now that the government is is place that should mean a date soon I hope. Also, I think it will be on June 27th the one year anniversary of their engagement surely he can miss a race patron or not.

Now that the government is is place that should mean a date soon I hope. Also, I think it will be on June 27th the one year anniversary of their engagement surely he can miss a race patron or not.

If we believe the court, the director of the press department said on Tuesday that no decisions about the date or the place of the wedding has been made. They are discussing and considering various alternatives. So it may take a while still.

What do you think of Sofia using the State Coach to travel to the church?
What do you think of Sofia using the Karl XV Parade Coupe to travel to the church?

What do you think of Sofia using the Karl XV Parade Coupe to travel to the church?

Why are these questions pointed at Sofia and not at the couple? Would you like P.C-P to use these vehicles and Sofia walk along side of it?

Why think about these kind of things now when we don't know where they are going to be married? Neither Victoria nor Madeleine used any carriage to travel to the church. We will see if Carl Philip and Sofia need carriage to get to the church.

Why think about these kind of things now when we don't know where they are going to be married? Neither Victoria nor Madeleine used any carriage to travel to the church. We will see if Carl Philip and Sofia need carriage to get to the church.

But Victoria could have walked like it was done (btw intended) at the spanish Royal Wedding's and like all the Guests at her own Wedding but was driven in a car.

I should think it would depend on where they marry and, more importantly, if the marry UK/US style as Madeleine did, half UK/US as Victoria did, then I should imagine it would be very much as it was for Sarah Ferguson when she married Prince Andrew . . . she arrived by carriage with her father.

However, if they should decide to do it Swedish style, that is to say, walking up the aisle together, it would make sense for them to travel together both ways.
I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to see them do it Swedish style.

But Victoria could have walked like it was done (btw intended) at the spanish Royal Wedding's and like all the Guests at her own Wedding but was driven in a car.

Victoria walking with such a long train from the Royal Palace to the Stockholm Cathedral perhaps wasn't such a good idea. She would have looked ridiculous. It was very fitting for the crown princess to arrive to the Cathedral with an old car with her father. She had a right to some luxury at her wedding.

Last edited:
Victoria walking with such a long train from the Royal Palace to the Stockholm Cathedral perhaps wasn't such a good idea. She would have looked ridiculous. It was very fitting for the crown princess to arrive to the Cathedral with an old car with her father. She had a right to some luxury at her wedding.

But at the Wedding of Infanta Elena it was possible to walk from the Royal Alcazar to the Cathedral. I have seen the Video of the Wedding and they had also walk along some corners with a long train and it was possible.

I think that Victoria did what was comfortable for her . I am sure Sofia will no doubt do the same.

Why not! She is marrying the only son of the king, and the third in line!

This wait for a date and a place seems ridiculous they have had over three months to decide. Are there really that many churches to choose from? There was a big hurry to announce the engagment but no hurry to announce the date. I do understand that summer is a long ways off but still, we knew Victorias, and Maddies with in two months.

Well, we need to talk about something to kill the time before the wedding details are announced!
This wedding may well have its own formula and be unlike Victoria's or Madeleine's weddings. Who know, Carl-Philip may end up driving the two of then to church in a sports car!

I think we need a wedding date before we can speculate about the carriage. If it is a winter wedding, I would highly doubt the horse drawn carriage would be used. Also, if it was good enough for the crown princess not to go to her wedding in a carriage, I would think the car would be good enough for the former Miss Slitz.

But didn't the palace said "summer in 2015"? So at least we know it's not going to be a winter wedding

so I guess June is the safest choice... and as many member has said it before the 27th would be a likely one...

I think we need a wedding date before we can speculate about the carriage. If it is a winter wedding, I would highly doubt the horse drawn carriage would be used. Also, if it was good enough for the crown princess not to go to her wedding in a carriage, I would think the car would be good enough for the former Miss Slitz.

Former being the operative word.

It's Carl Philips and Sofias wedding and if they decide on a carriage it's okay. It doesn't matter what Carl Philips sisters did at their wedding. They also made their own decisions because it was right for them. And the same should hold true for Carl Philip and Sofia, no matter what the past of the bride was. The past is over. Sofia has made a big step forward from being what she was 5, 6 or 7 years ago. We should let the past be the past already and finally give her a fresh start. Because in my eyes she really worked for it. She isn't the same person anymore that she was years ago.

But at the Wedding of Infanta Elena it was possible to walk from the Royal Alcazar to the Cathedral. I have seen the Video of the Wedding and they had also walk along some corners with a long train and it was possible.

That was one of the best royal weddings I ever saw (thanks to Phoenix TV). That immense cathedral and glorious Sevilla were a perfect setting for a wedding of an Infanta de España.

:flowers:

As Prince Carl Philip is the former Crown Prince and will continue the male lineage of the Bernadotte dynasty, he will for sure have a truly royal wedding too.

As Prince Carl Philip is the former Crown Prince and will continue the male lineage of the Bernadotte dynasty, he will for sure have a truly royal wedding too.

IMO, irrespective of whether he was briefly CP, he will have a big royal wedding, just as his sisters.

Interesting speculation!

Well, we need to talk about something to kill the time before the wedding details are announced!
This wedding may well have its own formula and be unlike Victoria's or Madeleine's weddings. Who know, Carl-Philip may end up driving the two of then to church in a sports car!

Some people may not realize that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia may marry Swedish style or UK/US style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom