Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see which tiara she wears. I am hoping that she chooses the Connaught tiara. It would look pretty agains her hair.

I hope her dress is modest. Sure hope she covers her tattoos.

She will be a beautiful bride!

I can't wait to see which tiara she wears. I am hoping that she chooses the Connaught tiara. It would look pretty agains her hair.

I hope her dress is modest. Sure hope she covers her tattoos.

She will be a beautiful bride!
I completely agree! The Connaught was a lovely bridal tiara for Princess Christina, it works well with a veil and looks quite romantic. I'm sure it would look stunning on Sofia.

When Victoria and Madeleine got married, I had hoped for the Connaught as well. And then her Madeleine / Princess Birgitta arrived with it and my hope was gone.

About the comments of Queen Silvia: I wonder if this is salami tactics? They probably already know where they want the wedding to take place. But they start slowly by hinting that it might not be in Stockholm. I hope that the next salami slices are coming soon! Especially the slice with the date written on it:D. I want to mark in the calendar.

Have they said at what date, specifically, they expect to announce more details?

Have they said at what date, specifically, they expect to announce more details?

The court has already said that they'll publish more details in autumn, so we'll probably get some news in about 10 days time, but of course autumn lasts till December, so idk if it'll the be beginning or end of the season ....but I think it'll be somewhere in the beginning of it

The court has already said that they'll publish more details in autumn, so we'll probably get some news in about 10 days time, but of course autumn lasts till December, so idk if it'll the be beginning or end of the season ....but I think it'll be somewhere in the beginning of it

It also depends on what the court sees as the start of "autumn". The meteorological autumn already started on September 1st, but the astronomical autumn will start on September 23rd.
Perhaps I go way too deep, but I also want some official news. Patience :)whistling:) does the trick here...

Be patient we'll have news soon enough. The autumn in Sweden is short. Winter is coming ??⛄

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Be patient we'll have news soon enough. The autumn in Sweden is short. Winter is coming ??⛄

The autumn in Sweden is short? How so?

I'll still going for Saturday, 30 May, 2015. Hope there is a live link so I can watch it from the UK. Shame I won't be able to understand a word they are saying. I wish they would put English sub-titles on?

I'll still going for Saturday, 30 May, 2015. Hope there is a live link so I can watch it from the UK. Shame I won't be able to understand a word they are saying. I wish they would put English sub-titles on?

Angeiuk, A late May wedding would be superb!!

I suppose she'll be a 'June' bride in reality.

I think that it was clear from the beginning that the court doesn't give information before the elections. And now when Sweden gets a new prime minister and government, they wait until the new government is formed.

I think that it was clear from the beginning that the court doesn't give information before the elections. And now when Sweden gets a new prime minister and government, they wait until the new government is formed.

That was not clear to me, and according to regeringen.se the marriage has been approved, but on the news here I saw Prime Minister Reinfeldt saying that he will hand over the function of Prime Minister to his successor in the spring. Is that not a terribly long wait and way too short in advance to plan a wedding?

The court press department also said that the planning would start in autumn. In the utmost case the planning starts from September 23rd onwards, so what if a new government is not formed until winter?

Reinfeldt will resign as leader of his own party (Moderaterna) this spring. He has already handed in his and the government resignation to the speaker of the house, and it has been accepted. The parlimentary situation here is tricky, so I predict that it will take some time before we have a new government.

But as of today, the election process is over. I see no reason why the court shouldn't announce a wedding date now, if they have one.

That was not clear to me, and according to regeringen.se the marriage has been approved, but on the news here I saw Prime Minister Reinfeldt saying that he will hand over the function of Prime Minister to his successor in the spring. Is that not a terribly long wait and way too short in advance to plan a wedding?

The court press department also said that the planning would start in autumn. In the utmost case the planning starts from September 23rd onwards, so what if a new government is not formed until winter?

Reinfeldt said that he will resign from his job as the Chairman of the Moderate Party next spring. He has already resigned as the prime minister.
I meant that the court doesn't give any information about the wedding date, because they wanted to respect the elections, and now they want to respect the challenging task at the formation of the new government and not mess this up with announcement of a wedding date. The swedish press has focused on some weeks very much on the elections and now as the result was quite surprising, there is a lot to speculate and write about the formation of the new government.
It has nothing to do with the government's acceptance for the marriage. I'm quite certain that the wedding date and place have already been decided. But when they tell it, is totally different thing.

Last edited:
I imagine the Royal Court will start preparations and organising what they can now in advance of a suitable announcement date - ordering a shop full of flowers, 20,000 vol-au-vents and writing some lists shouldn't have an impact on government formation lol

Reinfeldt said that he will resign from his job as the Chairman of the Moderate Party next spring. He has already resigned as the prime minister.
I meant that the court doesn't give any information about the wedding date, because they wanted to respect the elections, and now they want to respect the challenging task at the formation of the new government and not mess this up with announcement of a wedding date. The swedish press has focused on some weeks very much on the elections and now as the result was quite surprising, there is a lot to speculate and write about the formation of the new government.
It has nothing to do with the government's acceptance for the marriage. I'm quite certain that the wedding date and place have already been decided. But when they tell it, is totally different thing.

I see your point, but in my opinion it is a lot to wait until a new government is formed - who knows how long that will take?
What if there will only be a new government by, say, mid-December. Would they really wait until then? I doubt it.

I understand that they wanted to respect the elections and that they also respect the formation of the new government but in my opinion one does not necessarily have to exclude the other. I also do not see it as 'messing up' by announcing the wedding date.
Life in the government as well as life at the court goes on and one waiting for the other can cause confliction in long-term planning.

As long as there are no official announcements, I am not certain of anything having been decided - I can not take a look in their agenda ;)

I see your point, but in my opinion it is a lot to wait until a new government is formed - who knows how long that will take?
What if there will only be a new government by, say, mid-December. Would they really wait until then? I doubt it.

I understand that they wanted to respect the elections and that they also respect the formation of the new government but in my opinion one does not necessarily have to exclude the other. I also do not see it as 'messing up' by announcing the wedding date.
Life in the government as well as life at the court goes on and one waiting for the other can cause confliction in long-term planning.

As long as there are no official announcements, I am not certain of anything having been decided - I can not take a look in their agenda ;)

Maybe a letter could be sent to the government asking if they could please let everyone it's business and what to do in regards to this wedding as there are many who are so desperate to know what is going on...............goodness gracious is privacy gone down the drain or what?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am looking forward to seeing the plans for this unique wedding next year. Needless to say, irrespective of what the plans are, there will be a fair amount of debate and commentary :)

I would think they have the date and time already and have begun to make plans. When they announce it is up to them but surely they have already started the planning.

On the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Silvia reveals details about the wedding
The court gossip
The church which is at the top of the list
The unexpected party place
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/SDT.jpg

I guess they quote queen Silvia's interview in Aftonbladet about the place, Silvia said that Carl Philip is the duke of Värmland, Sofia is from Dalarna and then they have Öland. And the rest of the article is gossip and speculation.

So after the queen's interview in Aftonbladet, Svensk Damtidning has started speculating, and Stoppa pressarna quotes their article about the wedding places:

Stockholm
As Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding will be the third royal wedding in five years the chances are very small that they just like Victoria and Madeleine marry in the Royal Chapel in Stockholm, according to sources close to the royal family. But if this would still be the case the party would be held at Ulriksdal Palace, only one mil from the city. Guests would then stay overnight at either Drottningholm Palace or the Grand Hôtel.
Öland
Sofia and Carl Philip have always spent part of the summer on Öland. Therefore the Gärdslösa church could be a hot item. Royal couple should also have visited the church last summer. The party and overnight stay will then take place in the royal couple's summer house Solliden (? at the Palace there isn't room for the whole royal family, so would the guests sleep at the Kavaljersflygeln and at Victoria's and Daniel's house?)
Sörmland
It was at the prince's farm Ökenäs he proposed to Sofia in early summer. Therefore, there is an option that they might even get married in the neighborhood. In that case, the Trosa church or the Strängnäs Cathedral could be hot options. Wedding party would be most likely held at the Tullgarn Palace.
Värmland
Carl Philip is the Duke of Värmland. If the couple decides to get married here the Sunne church would be the most clear-cut option. Guests could then stay overnight at various mansions in the area or at the hotel Selma Spa.
Dalarna
Sofia Hellqvist has grown up in small Älvdalen in Dalarna. If the local church would be too small the Leksand Church could be an option. According to Svensk Damtidning the gala would then be held in Dalhalla a day before the wedding.
Kartläggning Här kan prins Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist gifta sig

According to Expressen, 3rd October is the earliest date when the prime minister of Sweden can present his new government.
Datumen och frågorna som avgör efter valet Val 2014 Expressen

Last edited:
On his wedding day, will Prince Carl Philip be clean-shaven?
Or will he keep his beard?

Dont know. Will the bride be wearing all of her tattoos? She has been having some of the most obvious ones lasered off.

Dont know. Will the bride be wearing all of her tattoos? She has been having some of the most obvious ones lasered off.

Where have you seen that?

Why laser off the tattoos - just have the wedding in January.

On his wedding day, will Prince Carl Philip be clean-shaven?
Or will he keep his beard?

He's had the beard for some time, he had it when P.Madeleine married and as far as i remember i don't think he's been beardless once recently, so why would he shave it off now?

I hope and assume that he will still have his beard on his wedding day. It adds to his physical appearance and while I know all too well that appearances are not everything, in his case it gives him something extra. Something that being beardless does not.

And they should not have a winter wedding, in my opinion. They will "disappear" in a wintery setting. They are people who shine the best in a summer wedding. It is as of yet still a long wait, but in many cases the long wait is worth the result(s).

It'll be great once the official wedding news get rolling and the royal actually start making official appearances. Up to now, it's all been rather boring on the Swedish royal front.

It'll be great once the official wedding news get rolling and the royal actually start making official appearances. Up to now, it's all been rather boring on the Swedish royal front.

King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel have all been working very much after the summer holiday, so at least to me it hasn't been boring at all. And according to the royal calendar, they have been official appearances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom