Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be sure that the blueprint is already out of the drawer, that Sveriges Television is already looking at the schedules and arrangements for all cameras and equipment, that the police force is already in contact with the Court Marshall, that a task force is formed at the palace, etc. Of course all gets an official start when location and date are set. Before being able to announce location and date, the task force needs to have done pre-work to be sure that there are no hindrances for the chosen location and date.

Oh, i'm sure you are right, but those are the boring preparations; we want the fun frilly preparations where we can join in the fun with all kinds of useless suggestions to which they won't listen anyway :lol:

Oh, i'm sure you are right, but those are the boring preparations; we want the fun frilly preparations where we can join in the fun with all kinds of useless suggestions to which they won't listen anyway :lol:

Well, for starters I want the date to look forward to. It makes the wedding more tangible for me. Up to now it's still kind of hanging in the air.
And I suppose we will start to see Sofia again when Carl Philip is back from the Baltic Sea.

No one can tell me that Sofia, with able assisted from Queen Silvia and perhaps even Princess Victoria, are not looking at lots of pretty pictures of gorgeous wedding confections. Deciding what size fits what church, colours, flowers and all things girly.

Let's face it, all Carl Philip, along with most every other groom, has to do is turn up.

No one can tell me that Sofia, with able assisted from Queen Silvia and perhaps even Princess Victoria, are not looking at lots of pretty pictures of gorgeous wedding confections. Deciding what size fits what church, colours, flowers and all things girly.

Agreed. And I suspect she may have been giving a bit of thought to her dress.

TBH, Dion's headdress reminds me of showgirls in Vegas. What sprung to mind first off was a comedy skit in "I Love Lucy" where Lucy tries to be a showgirl and has a very hard time keeping her balace as she descends steps with a huge headdress on.
Both the original wedding and their anniversary vow renewal ceremony were breathtakingly tacky. Of course she's never been known for her fashion savoire-faire...get it litle french fashion joke :lol:

Let's face it, all Carl Philip, along with most every other groom, has to do is turn up.
I certainly hope that there will be some helpful guidance from QS and PV. At the very least I would hope that the tatoos will be covered. The ones on the nape of her neck and arm could prove tricky. The one on her side will hopefully be covered....

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the explanation of the Swedish Royal Family's press department, that the planning would start in the autumn, quite literally - it isn't autumn yet...

Well considering how odd it has been temperature wise around here for June, July and August, we've actually skipped over Summer and just went from Spring straight to Autumn. Or at least it feels like it. The last two days have been the exception w/it getting into the high 20s/almost 30 and feeling like Summer weather, but other than that... It's only been until the last two days the highest it was, was around 21 or 22, but a cool 21 or 22 degrees.

It's just out and out been a weird Summer around here. Anyway...

I can't see there not being an announcement regarding the date and location of the Wedding coming any later than early October. Not only for the fact of starting to get the Security plans underway, but also because of the Royal guests who will be invited. We all know the Royal Calendar is planned many months in advance and I'm guessing here, but I would imagine needing to know the date for something Summer 2015, would have to announced no later than that 1st week of October. Both to add it to the Calendar of Events and for the respective Royal Families/Houses invited to figure out who to send and work it in.

As I said, I have no idea if that's true or not and only a shot in the dark guess on my part, but there it is. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Just wondering when the first bit of information is released in September, maybe?

What will be announced?

1. Church, and Wedding Date
2. Wedding Dress Designer
3. Bridesmaids and pageboys (will this include her sisters) as Bridesmaids?
4. Tiara (not known until the day)
5. Colour of flowers (not known until the day)
6. What type of wedding ring (not known until the day)

I think we will have new in december orättvis january
For Madeleine and chris wedding the first info we got in december i think

I think we will have new in december orättvis january
For Madeleine and chris wedding the first info we got in december i think

Yes, Madeleine's and Chris weddind date was told just before the Christmas, but Madeleine and Chris got engaged in the end of October, Carl Philip and Sofia in the end of June.

Yes, Madeleine's and Chris weddind date was told just before the Christmas, but Madeleine and Chris got engaged in the end of October, Carl Philip and Sofia in the end of June.

With a long subsequent summer, so they already crossed that 'two months' period.
Anyway, tomorrow the fall begins and keeping in mind what the court press department has said, I expect some wedding news (at least the date and location) from the moment the future groom has returned from the Baltic Sea.

Just wondering when the first bit of information is released in September, maybe?

What will be announced?

1. Church, and Wedding Date
2. Wedding Dress Designer
3. Bridesmaids and pageboys (will this include her sisters) as Bridesmaids?
4. Tiara (not known until the day)
5. Colour of flowers (not known until the day)
6. What type of wedding ring (not known until the day)

Tiara/Crown of her church? Perhaps she will have two like the kings sister Deseree?

I am not sure of your meaning. Can you please clafify? Thanks!

I am not sure of your meaning. Can you please clafify? Thanks!

It has been mentioned a few times on the boards that Swedish women will many times wear the crown of their Parrish for their wedding. I was asking opinions as to what people thought, as this is a large possibility.

Princess Deseree, one of the kings sisters wore a crown from the parish for the church wedding, and wore a family tiara later during the celebrations.

Sorry for the confusion!

It has been mentioned a few times on the boards that Swedish women will many times wear the crown of their Parrish for their wedding. I was asking opinions as to what people thought, as this is a large possibility.

Princess Deseree, one of the kings sisters wore a crown from the parish for the church wedding, and wore a family tiara later during the celebrations.

Sorry for the confusion!
I didn't know that that Princess Desiree wore a tiara during the celebrations. Are there pictures of her? I have only ever seen the pictures of her with the wedding crown from the church.

As for Sofia, I can't picture her in a church wedding crown. It might give the image that she's not fully accepted by the family. And as much as some people cling to the idea that she isn't, the SWR makes great effort to explicitly show their exeptance of Sofia as CP's bride.

Also, I think it is a matter of fashion. And bridal tiaras have been very popular over the last 20 years or so. Up into the 1990's we saw tiara-less brides from tiara-owning families. Sibilla Weilller/Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg in 1994, Princess Astrid of Belgium in 1984, but also ladies from Princess Desiree's generation like Princesses Ragnhild and Astrid of Norway and even Queen Sonja come to mind, as well as several less well known brides from non-ruling families. On the other and Märtha-Louise and Mette-Marit have been the first generation of tiara-wearing brides in Norway. This makes me believe that Sofia will follow the trend to wear a diamond tiara on her wedding day.

There have also been statements from jewellery houses that claimed that tiaras are very popular right now, and they have been selling more new tiaras than some years ago.

I didn't know that that Princess Desiree wore a tiara during the celebrations. Are there pictures of her? I have only ever seen the pictures of her with the wedding crown from the church.

As for Sofia, I can't picture her in a church wedding crown. It might give the image that she's not fully accepted by the family. And as much as some people cling to the idea that she isn't, the SWR makes great effort to explicitly show their exeptance of Sofia as CP's bride.

Also, I think it is a matter of fashion. And bridal tiaras have been very popular over the last 20 years or so. Up into the 1990's we saw tiara-less brides from tiara-owning families. Sibilla Weilller/Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg in 1994, Princess Astrid of Belgium in 1984, but also ladies from Princess Desiree's generation like Princesses Ragnhild and Astrid of Norway and even Queen Sonja come to mind, as well as several less well known brides from non-ruling families. On the other and Märtha-Louise and Mette-Marit have been the first generation of tiara-wearing brides in Norway. This makes me believe that Sofia will follow the trend to wear a diamond tiara on her wedding day.

There have also been statements from jewellery houses that claimed that tiaras are very popular right now, and they have been selling more new tiaras than some years ago.

As far as I can find, Princess Désirée only wore the Cameo Tiara for her wedding:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Haga Princesses, Part 1.

Kjell slutar som silversmed - dt.se

If this link works you'll see the bridal crown belonging to Sofia's home parish of Älvdalen on picture nr 2.

It's so teeny-tiny. :ermm: How would that be positioned on anyone's head? In a nest or crown of flowers? :sad:

P.S. The red jewels would go well with Sofia's coloring, though. If only it were a Christmas wedding! Sigh'

I see it, yes. And I do not find it attractive at all. I hope and I guess that Sofia will 'just' wear a nice tiara.

LOL...even I wouldn't wish that monstrosity upon poor Sofia. It looks like something Angeline Jolie could have worn in that Maleficent Disney movie!:eek:

Actually the wedding crown reminds me less of Hollywood, and more of folklore and national costumes steeped in the traditions of a country. It is the tradition that has been there first, Disney just copied bits and pieces. But I agree that this particular crown is not very appealing for a modern bride. And I'd still bet that Sofia will wear one of the royal tiaras.

I believe in the UK and Europe, the guests tend to wear daytime suits and fitted dress and coat.

In Sweden I notice both Princesses wore long evening gowns to each other's weddings. Is it likely Sofia's wedding guests will be in long gowns and tiaras?

I think Sofia will be a stunning bride, and she always has a lovely warm smile on her face.

Expressen's fashion expert Emma Danielsson thinks that Sofia will chose a swedish designer, although she has used for example Roland Mouret's dress, she is a fan of swedish design. She has wore Gant, Filippa K and Valerie.
Danielsson thinks that if Sofia chooses swedish on her wedding day, it could be Göran Alfredsson who will design it. It probably will not be as austere as Victoria's but not in continuous lace that Princess Madeleine's.
Modeexperten Sofia Hellqvists bröllopsklänning kommer vara svensk design Stoppa Pressarna

Speaking of the wedding, did anyone manage to read this article:

http://svenskdam.se/2014/09/drottning-silvia-i-intervju-om-barnbarnen-och-om-sofia-hellqvist/?

With some Googling I managed to find out that Queen Silvia is apparently hinting that the wedding will not take place in Stockholm, but who knows?

It has been removed from the website and I found a piece of an interview with Queen Silvia on aftonbladet.se: ’Sofia har verkligen kommit in i familjen’ | Nyheter Feature | Nyheter | Aftonbladet, but I do not have the resources to read the full article.

According to me this is the longest wait we have had until the announcement of the wedding date and location.

Last edited:
With some Googling I managed to find out that Queen Silvia is apparently hinting that the wedding will not take place in Stockholm, but who knows?

Ah-so. :cool:

Speaking of the wedding, did anyone manage to read this article:

http://svenskdam.se/2014/09/drottning-silvia-i-intervju-om-barnbarnen-och-om-sofia-hellqvist/?

It has been removed from the website and I found a piece of an interview with Queen Silvia on aftonbladet.se: ’Sofia har verkligen kommit in i familjen’ | Nyheter Feature | Nyheter | Aftonbladet, but I do not have the resources to read the full article.

According to me this is the longest wait we have had until the announcement of the wedding date and location.

I read the article from Svensk Damtidning before it was taken away (maybe Aftonbladet demanded that because it was strictly quoting their original interview). Queen Silvia said: "Prince Carl Philip is the Duke of Värmland and Sofia grew up in Dalarna and then we have Öland".

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow (who has been the TV-host at the royal weddings and christenings) writes at her blog about being "on a secret recording to a becoming TV-project". And there is a photo of the Kalmar Castle at the post.
Hemligheter i septembersol Ebbas Blogg SVT.se

There is of course a church at the Kalmar Castle. And it's about 40 kilometers from Gärdslösa church in Öland to Kalmar Castle, and 36 kilometers from Räpplinge church to Kalmar Castle, Carl Philip and Sofia have been told to have visited in both these churches.

I would like it when the Duke of Värmland would marry in... Värmland. Karlstad would be the best place (the capital of Värmland), I already mentioned it a few pages earlier in this thread.

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom