Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any wedding date announced yet? Thanks!

No, of course not, because the royal family has been on a summer holiday in different places in Sweden and Europe. They will return to Stockholm during the weekend. The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren, has said to the press many times that the planning of the wedding starts in the autumn.

:previous: Besides, it will be impossible to miss the announcement of the wedding date because it will be all over the the gossip mags and the forums. :whistling:

If Prince Carl Philip wears a uniform on his wedding day, which uniform might he choose?

:previous:Did he serve in the military and where at and how long?

:previous:Did he serve in the military and where at and how long?

:google:

"Naval Reserve Officer

Prince Carl Philip completed his military service with the Amphibious Battalion of Vaxholm's Coast Artillery Regiment and is trained as a combat boat commander (combat boat 90). In 2001-2002 the Prince completed a Naval Officer training course.
During this time he participated in a long voyage with the mine-laying vessel HMS Carlskrona. Prince Carl Philip became a Sub-Lieutenant in the Royal Swedish Navy in December 2002. The Prince achieved the rank of Lieutenant in December 2007 in Stockholm."

"Swedish National Defence College

During the autumn of 2007, Prince Carl Philip studied at the Swedish National Defence College. In spring 2008, the Prince read business economics and continued with his military education."

Biography - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

So I'm guessing he'll wear a Navy officer's uniform.

Last edited:
Since Carl Philip is a Naval Reserve Officer and has worn the Navy uniform at Victoria's and Madeleine's wedding, I think he wears it also at his own wedding.

I hope so, I love it when the groom wears his uniform. But it HAS to be black, not red for instance.
By the way: what kind of uniform did he wear at Leonore's christening? I liked that one very much too. Not his navy, according to me.

I hope so, I love it when the groom wears his uniform. But it HAS to be black, not red for instance.
By the way: what kind of uniform did he wear at Leonore's christening? I liked that one very much too. Not his navy, according to me.

Carl Philip wears always a navy uniform.
Leonore's christening
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Estelle's christening
Madeleine's wedding
Victoria's wedding

Ah, I stand corrected. But I see that he has two navy uniforms then, different jackets at Leonore's christening and Madeleine's wedding.
However, he looks very handsome in it/them :cool:.

Ah, I stand corrected. But I see that he has two navy uniforms then, different jackets at Leonore's christening and Madeleine's wedding.

Of course the navy, like all armed forces, has another uniform for white tie events, like the weddings were. At Victoria's wedding Carl Philip wore the Order of the Seraphim's chain, which he didn't wear at Madeleine's wedding.

Last edited:
His uniforms matched the dress code. The christenings were day events with the gents wearing normal suits, his regular uniform matches that. The weddings were white tie events, so he wore the gala uniform. I guess it will be the latter for his own wedding.

Not the most handsome uniform ever, imho. But that's the whole point about uniforms, they are not fashion items but are worn according to protocol.

His uniforms matched the dress code. The christenings were day events with the gents wearing normal suits, his regular uniform matches that. The weddings were white tie events, so he wore the gala uniform. I guess it will be the latter for his own wedding.

Not the most handsome uniform ever, imho. But that's the whole point about uniforms, they are not fashion items but are worn according to protocol.

I already got that it has to do with dress code ;), which I'm not too familiar with.
In some way a protocol uniform can also be fashionable, but it depends on the groom having a military rank. And he does. At least he won't wear a bright color, thank God.

Thank you Lady Finn :)for all the pictures, in viewing many different royal events where men wear uniforms, it seems sometimes that even though it is the code/custom to wear a uniform that they appear to be going to a wake or funeral. I don't think dark colors are always the way all the time. Navy and black are just routine and so so, nothing new, same ole same ole.

So do we think that she will wear a tiara at the wedding? Given her questionable suitability, I would think the royal family will not give her one with a historical provenance. Perhaps have one made up from other pieces or bought new all together?

So do we think that she will wear a tiara at the wedding? Given her questionable suitability, I would think the royal family will not give her one with a historical provenance. Perhaps have one made up from other pieces or bought new all together?

If Sofia wear a tiara it will be one from the royal collection. Perhaps one that we've seen already.

I seriously doubt the royal family is going to be petty enough to base her jewel access on that.

I'm hoping she wears the Connaught. I think it would suit her.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think it would be nice if she were to wear a new tiara, either made up from other pieces or completely new. Something simple and modern in design. If she wears one of the recognised pieces, she's going to be compared with previous wearers and it will provide her critics with one more avenue for attack.

I don't think so. I think it would signal family inclusion. Her critics will gloat if she doesn't appear in a family tiara and say it's a sign she's not really approved of.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

^^^ Hmm. On reflection, I agree. Better she presents with all the indicia of Royal approval.

I think it would be nice if she were to wear a new tiara, either made up from other pieces or completely new. Something simple and modern in design. If she wears one of the recognised pieces, she's going to be compared with previous wearers and it will provide her critics with one more avenue for attack.

Exactly. ITA.

I would be surprised if she didn't wear a tiara. I hope she doesn't wear the Connaught, since I've never been a huge fan of it. I didn't like it when Victoria wore it at her wedding - I thought it was a little large for me. In general, the Swedish royal tiara collection isn't one of my favourites, although I do love the Six Button Tiara. I think it would look quite good on Sofia. I also doubt they will buy a new tiara for her, since I don't think that has been done before, but I could be incorrect here.

On the other hand, I think it is a bit sad if Sofia has to show family approval by wearing a family tiara. Should it really be her "task" to prove anything?
It is supposed to be the day of her marrying the man she loves and die-hard critics will find something to nitpick about no matter what she does.

I like the Connaught from what I have seen, and I guess that the poster above me meant the Cameo Tiara. Victoria wore it and Sofia never will.

I would be surprised if she didn't wear a tiara. I hope she doesn't wear the Connaught, since I've never been a huge fan of it. I didn't like it when Victoria wore it at her wedding - I thought it was a little large for me. In general, the Swedish royal tiara collection isn't one of my favourites, although I do love the Six Button Tiara. I think it would look quite good on Sofia. I also doubt they will buy a new tiara for her, since I don't think that has been done before, but I could be incorrect here.

Victoria wore the Cameo tiara at her wedding. Madeleine wore the Connaught Tiara at Victoria's wedding.

On the other hand, I think it is a bit sad if Sofia has to show family approval by wearing a family tiara. Should it really be her "task" to prove anything?
It is supposed to be the day of her marrying the man she loves and die-hard critics will find something to nitpick about no matter what she does.

I like the Connaught from what I have seen, and I guess that the poster above me meant the Cameo Tiara. Victoria wore it and Sofia never will.

I don't think Sofia have to prove anything but there are some people on the forums and other places on the internet that's looking for any signs of the royal family punishing Sofia in some way. I think that's due to them wanting Sofia to be punished for some things she did in the past; which the family don't seem to care about.

I don't think Sofia have to prove anything but there are some people on the forums and other places on the internet that's looking for any signs of the royal family punishing Sofia in some way. I think that's due to them wanting Sofia to be punished for some things she did in the past; which the family don't seem to care about.

That is true, but would those people really be silenced when Sofia would wear a family tiara?

That is true, but would those people really be silenced when Sofia would wear a family tiara?

No, because they'll always find a way to criticise Sofia, no matter what she does. But that say nothing about Sofia, but a lot about her die-hard critics. :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom