Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we don't know everything is possible someone divorce and remarry like in danemark

with this wedding we may not see a swedish royal wedding for 30 years

Ooouch don't say that, haha. Let's hope Estelle and Leonore doesn't wait 30 years to marry ?

But with the reservation for later divorce's and remarriage's it may indeed go a very long time until new weddings take place and we'll likely see some sad state funerals before that. Estelle, Leonore and future siblings/cousins will likely marry when Mommy/Aunt Victoria I is Queen Regent of Sweden.

We have been used to some really glamorous events during later yers that it's quite unbeliveable to imagine that we didn't have any weddings in the immediate royal family between 1976 (the King and Prince Bertil) and 2010 (Victoria).

When do you think the guest list will be published? On Friday? Or is there a chance that it will come out earlier?

According to Aftonbladet, the artists who perform at the wedding ceremony are David Pagmar and Salem Al Fakir.
Här är artisterna som spelar i Slottskyrkan _ Prinsbröllopet _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Pagmar will sing "Paraply", which is an interpretation of Rihanna's worldwide hit "Umbrella". The couple has chosen this song themselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX_KV7SvDCI
Salem Al Fakir will sing with the musicians from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Here is a video of Salem Al Fakir singing at the pre-wedding concert of Victoria and Daniel. I don't think that he will sing this song because he made it especially to Victoria.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SbcUfY634g

Last edited:
Do we know anything considering the attendance of the Icelandic and Finnish Presidential Couples for the wedding? They didn't attend Madeleine and Chris' wedding, so I don't know what to expect...

Do we know anything considering the attendance of the Icelandic and Finnish Presidential Couples for the wedding? They didn't attend Madeleine and Chris' wedding, so I don't know what to expect...

The wedding is not listed at the weekly program of the president of Finland.

The wedding is not listed at the weekly program of the president of Finland.

Thank you LadyFinn, I have found myself a bit lost when looking for things at the website of the Finnish President, and couldn't find anything. And it was perhaps not very likely that they would attend.

Maybe some African guests, some guests from Project Playground?

Expressen told earlier that the pre-wedding dinner today would be at the Vaxholm Fortress (and Svensk Damtidning that it would be at Ulriksdal Palace). Yesterday evening Expressen told, that the dinner is held at Bergrummet in Skeppsholmen. The guests will first be taken to an hour boat trip and then they arrive Skeppsholmen is a rock cavern made in 1939 and was used as a possible military defenses during World War II. The cavern has an advanced system of tunnels and has over 1,000 square meters. It was until 1960 part of the Swedish Navy's main base. In 2010 the cavern opened up as an exhibition hall, there was an exhibition of the China's terracotta army.
Här ska prinsparet ha sin privata fest _ kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Excited for their wedding tomorrow! I'm excited to see Sofia's gown - I hope its cost won't be shocking yet astoundingly beautiful ; that they found a local designer who makes awesom gowns.
I also have one wish - for Carl Philip to appear fully, cleanly shaven tomorrow! And have a shorter hairstyle like the previous years', the "clean princely cut" which suited him well. I just hate that beard and greasy-looking hair he has. Not photogenic for wedding photos and video coverage as it spoils the happiness of looking at them, in my opinion ^^

Excited for their wedding tomorrow! I'm excited to see Sofia's gown - I hope its cost won't be shocking yet astoundingly beautiful ; that they found a local designer who makes awesom gowns.
I also have one wish - for Carl Philip to appear fully, cleanly shaven tomorrow! And have a shorter hairstyle like the previous years', the "clean princely cut" which suited him well. I just hate that beard and greasy-looking hair he has. Not photogenic for wedding photos and video coverage as it spoils the happiness of looking at them, in my opinion ^^

I am of the exact opposite opinion. Having a beard makes him look like the adult man he is with 36 years old. Clean shaven sends him back in time like 15 years and he is not an early twentysomething who's marrying.

I think tomorrow we'll see him like we've seen him for the past two years - with beard, which makes him quite handsome.

Sorry for you, though, since that's not your preference :flowers:

with this wedding we may not see a swedish royal wedding for 30 years

This is exactly what I was thinking today - you wait thirty years and then three come along (almost) all at once! So I'm going to enjoy the wedding all the more!

This is exactly what I was thinking today - you wait thirty years and then three come along (almost) all at once! So I'm going to enjoy the wedding all the more!

I'm with you Jacknch i enjoy it all the more.:)

Not only in Sweden we have to wait quite some time for a Royal Wedding..... there are not sooo many European Royals left, which are un-married. So this may be one of the last ones :ermm::sad::ohmy:
BYe Bine

I wonder if they'll wear collars like at Victoria's wedding or sashes like at Madeleine's wedding tomorrow

There's still 3 in England....and 2 or 3 yet from Monaco....then one here and there from other parts of Europe...although perhaps you don't count those who no longer rule (like the Germans etc).

LaRae

I wonder if they'll wear collars like at Victoria's wedding or sashes like at Madeleine's wedding tomorrow

I would be (positively) surprised if they wore the collars for the wedding. They are usually just worn for state visits and grander celebrations, besides that aren't many of the guests holders of the collar.

Is Sofia likely to wear a Swedish designer tomorrow or is it not a big deal. Kate almost had to wear British for her wedding. Is it the same tradition in Sweden?

Is Sofia likely to wear a Swedish designer tomorrow or is it not a big deal. Kate almost had to wear British for her wedding. Is it the same tradition in Sweden?

Queen Silvia wore Dior in 1976, Victoria wore Pär Engheden and Madeleine wore Valentino so it's quite open actually but I'm certain Sofia will wear a Swedish designer.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Do we know if they are marrying Swedish Style, UK/US Father gives the Bride away like Madeleine or a Half-way hand-off like Victoria?

Last edited:
Not impressed with her hair..too slick down...dress is so,so.
And....why did she not have her smiled corrected?
Teeth,....

She is a very pretty girl with a dazzling smile, but her teeth do kind of ruin things I agree.:ermm:

But maybe she wants to buck the trend among celebrities and even Royals to "fix" imperfections...capping their teeth and noses, Botox etc?

Not impressed with her hair..too slick down...dress is so,so.
And....why did she not have her smiled corrected?
Teeth,....

This fixation people have with teeth is ridiculous. Are imperfections not allowed? :nonono:

Regardless, Sofia is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. If she had had "her smile corrected" her critics would have questioned why she needed to change things about herself. Now she hasn't changed enough, apparently. Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom