The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness

And I think we all know there is no way QE2 will attend this wedding, but then again I doubt many foreign sovereigns will apart from Queen Margrethe as she is godmother to the groom.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:12 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Posts that deal exclusively with Queen Elizabeth II not attending the funeral of Queen Fabiola have been deleted. This issue can be discussed in the British forum.

Those interested in discussing the Windsors (non) attendance of European royal events can also do that in the British forum.

The Windsors and Europe

Old 05-29-2015, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan View Post
It would also be nice if Queen Elizabeth went to some of these weddings It is like she is to good to be seen at any events involving the Neitherlands She always sends her son Edward Yet they make time to come to her family events in England when William got married they all showed up and she has never returned to any of there events like she is to good to be seen Or they could send Bea Andrew daughter she always like a free trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
As for William i think we can be sure that her will not attend because he is riding in Trooping the Colour which is only a few hours bvefore the Wedding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
And I think we all know there is no way QE2 will attend this wedding, but then again I doubt many foreign sovereigns will apart from Queen Margrethe as she is godmother to the groom.
And of course, one cannot forget that Queen Elizabeth is the "Star" of The Trooping of the Colour", it's the official observance of her birthday!

http://www.royal.gov.uk/royaleventsa...thecolour.aspx
Old 05-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
As for William i think we can be sure that her will not attend because he is riding in Trooping the Colour which is only a few hours bvefore the Wedding.

Catherine could always attend if she wanted. Yes, I am aware that she is on maternity leave, and this will not be there case.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think the SRF really are all that concerned if the BRF come or not.

LaRae
Old 05-30-2015, 12:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Catherine could always attend if she wanted. Yes, I am aware that she is on maternity leave, and this will not be there case.
Ah, no she can't! According to some US blogs 'Kate' is being forced to attend the Trooping of the Colour' but a mean and unfeeling QEII.

But seriously, if she does make an appearance, it will be at the Trooping of the Colour, in a carriage with Camilla and possibly Andrew. It's the Queen's Birthday celebration and one of the biggest in pageantry. Not like missing your mum's birthday. This is a headliner and all eyes will be on that balcony.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:46 AM
Courtier

Prince Philip, The Duke of Kent, The Prince of Wales, The Princess Royal, Prince Edward and Prince William all represent Regiments at the Trooping of Colour. The only way they will miss the event is if they're ill. I see four possible scenarios for this wedding.

1. They send Sophie by herself. But I think she will stay in London to accompany Louise on the balcony.
2.They send Prince Andrew. He might bring Beatrice as a plus one like he did to the Grand Prix.
3. They send Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. On rare occasion they send this couple when the senior royals are busy. I think Princess Michael would be bitter about losing her yearly balcony appearance. I think she really looks forward to it, she always has a snazzy new hat and she tries to stand near Catherine so her picture makes the papers. haha
4. They send no one. I believe this to be the likely case.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Prince Philip, The Duke of Kent, The Prince of Wales, The Princess Royal, Prince Edward and Prince William all represent Regiments at the Trooping of Colour. The only way they will miss the event is if they're ill. I see four possible scenarios for this wedding.

1. They send Sophie by herself. But I think she will stay in London to accompany Louise on the balcony.
2.They send Prince Andrew. He might bring Beatrice as a plus one like he did to the Grand Prix.
3. They send Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. On rare occasion they send this couple when the senior royals are busy. I think Princess Michael would be bitter about losing her yearly balcony appearance. I think she really looks forward to it, she always has a snazzy new hat and she tries to stand near Catherine so her picture makes the papers. haha
4. They send no one. I believe this to be the likely case.
Another option would be the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester. They also represented the UK at the Wedding of the King and Queen of Sweden in 1976.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:48 AM
Majesty

i guess little by little we will get to see the royal agendas on their websites and know who is attending.

since the spanish RF did not attend madeleine's wedding, i assume this will also be the case for CP's wedding.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-30-2015, 04:15 AM
Heir Apparent

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, King Philippe and Princess Mathilde (then still the Duke and Duchess of Brabant), King Felipe and Queen Letizia (then still the Prince and Princess of Asturias) and the Prince of Monaco: none of them did attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill.

No one else represented the Netherlands, Belgium or Spain. That Belgium was absent, was remarkable since King Philippe and his siblings are grandchildren to a Princess of Sweden. The Princess of Monaco did attend all alone, which is unlikely now: maybe she prefers to stay with Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella. The United Kingdom did send the Earl and Countess of Wessex, but they most likely will attend the Queen's Birthday Parade in London.

So my prediction:

Denmark:
The Crown Prince and -Princess
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie

Norway
Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn

The United Kingdom
- no royal representation

The Netherlands

Belgium

Luxembourg
- The Hereditary Grand Duke and -Duchess

Spain

Monaco
- no princely representation

Liechtenstein

The former Greek royal family
- Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal
- Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana

The former German royal families
- Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Ms Carina Axelsson
- Count Jefferson-Friedrich and Countess Alexandra von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth, born Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- Mr Alexander and Mrs Nathalie Johannsmann, born Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- the Hereditary Prince and -Princess von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha
- Prince Leopold and Princess Ursula von Bayern
Old 05-30-2015, 05:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i guess little by little we will get to see the royal agendas on their websites and know who is attending.

since the spanish RF did not attend madeleine's wedding, i assume this will also be the case for CP's wedding.
Yep, not long now, so we'll soon find out who will go; i don't think P.C-P has a lot of especially close contact with other royal houses, so imo the attendance will be indeed be similar to P.Madeleine's wedding, so the required for an event like this (except ofcourse for relatives and godparents)
Old 05-30-2015, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Duc_et_Pair, Danish media have already reported that the court confirmed the attendance of Queen Margrethe and the CP couple. Margrethe's attendance was always expected since she is the godmother of Carl Philip.

Joachim will probably act as regent in Denmark.

I don't expect anyone from GB, Spain and Monaco. With Belgium and the Netherlands I believe that there is a 50/50 chance that they will go, depending on their agendas.

From Germany Prince Manuel and Princess Anna of Bavaria might also be there, they attended both Victoria's and Madeleine's wedding.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh yes, Margrethe, I forgot about her. Well add her to the list. The attendance of Dutch royals is unlikely. In the royal agenda is listed that Queen Máxima will open the new Queen Juliana Childrens' Hospital in The Hague (Friday June 12th) and on Saturday June 13th (the wedding day), Queen Máxima will officially hand over a new estate to Scouting Netherlands, to serve as a new scouting camp. The King has no public events outside the royal palace on these two days. I can not imagine King Willem-Alexander attending alone without the Queen.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

If anyone from the NL attends i'd expect it to be P.Constantijn or maybe P.Maurits (with spouses), but i'd be very surprised if it was the king himself..
Old 05-30-2015, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Oh yes, Margrethe, I forgot about her. Well add her to the list. The attendance of Dutch royals is unlikely. In the royal agenda is listed that Queen Máxima will open the new Queen Juliana Childrens' Hospital in The Hague (Friday June 12th) and on Saturday June 13th (the wedding day), Queen Máxima will officially hand over a new estate to Scouting Netherlands, to serve as a new scouting camp. The King has no public events outside the royal palace on these two days. I can not imagine King Willem-Alexander attending alone without the Queen.
But they could send Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, King Philippe and Princess Mathilde (then still the Duke and Duchess of Brabant), King Felipe and Queen Letizia (then still the Prince and Princess of Asturias) and the Prince of Monaco: none of them did attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill.

No one else represented the Netherlands, Belgium or Spain. That Belgium was absent, was remarkable since King Philippe and his siblings are grandchildren to a Princess of Sweden. The Princess of Monaco did attend all alone, which is unlikely now: maybe she prefers to stay with Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella. The United Kingdom did send the Earl and Countess of Wessex, but they most likely will attend the Queen's Birthday Parade in London.

So my prediction:

Denmark:
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie

Norway
Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn

The United Kingdom

The Netherlands

Belgium

Luxembourg
- The Hereditary Grand Duke and -Duchess

Spain

Monaco

Liechtenstein

The former Greek royal family
- Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal
- Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana

The former German royal families
- Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Ms Carina Axelsson
- Count Jefferson-Friedrich and Countess Alexandra von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth, born Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- Mr Alexander and Mrs Nathalie Johannsmann, born Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- the Hereditary Prince and -Princess von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha
- Prince Leopold and Princess Ursula von Bayern
I hope that there wil be more representives from reigning Houses. If we look at other who where 3 in in line of succession at the time of their Weddings like Prince Constnatin of the Netherlands and Infanta Cristina of Spain there where almost every reigning House in Europe represented. And Carl Philip has attended lots of royal Weddings abroad.
As for the Hereidtary Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha she is expeciting her second child in July. So i think it could be that she will not attend this time.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But they could send Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien.
If the Netherlands send someone, they are indeed the most likely "candidates".

Old 05-30-2015, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Do you think Emma Pernald & her husband will attend?
Old 05-30-2015, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Do you think Emma Pernald & her husband will attend?
Emma is amoung Madeleine's best friends which explains why she was invited at her wedding. But I don't think that she'll be CP's.
Quote:
I hope that there wil be more representives from reigning Houses. If we look at other who where 3 in in line of succession at the time of their Weddings like Prince Constnatin of the Netherlands and Infanta Cristina of Spain there where almost every reigning House in Europe represented. And Carl Philip has attended lots of royal Weddings abroad.
As for the Hereidtary Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha she is expeciting her second child in July. So i think it could be that she will not attend this time.
For one thing I have the impression that also royal weddings have declined in size and splendour. When the Spanish Infantas got married all those years ago it was still more common that complete RFs would attend.

Another point might be that we now have three new younger Monarchs whose children are still too young to be send to the weddings.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Emma is amoung Madeleine's best friends which explains why she was invited at her wedding. But I don't think that she'll be CP's.

For one thing I have the impression that also royal weddings have declined in size and splendour. When the Spanish Infantas got married all those years ago it was still more common that complete RFs would attend.

Another point might be that we now have three new younger Monarchs whose children are still too young to be send to the weddings.
Well it depends, the fairly recent wedding of Prince William and Ms Catherine Middleton still did attract an impressive guest list, despite the fact that the groom was no heir, not even a younger son of a Sovereign. The wedding of Prince Guillaume with Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy probably did attract an even more impressive guestlist, the venues studded with blue blood from Luxembourgian, Belgian, French, German, Austria-Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, etc. nobility.

What I remembered from Infanta Doña Elena's wedding was the awesome splendour, look at all these fantastic banners and the matching cloths draped over the balconies: see picture.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding