The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 06:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Since this isn't official, I put this to this thread.

According to Expressen's sources, the king has made his decision: Sofia will be a princess. And the royal family wants it clear before Sunday, so that when Sofia arrives to the publishing of the banns of marriage, it is known that she will become a princess when she marries Carl Philip.
Kungens beslut_ Blir en prinsessa _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

If this is true, maybe the court gives the official press release soon.
Had almost forgot that we were waiting for this decision. It's very good news but not really a surprise though. Even if it was seen as an obvious decision we shall remember that this is the King's decision.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning is writing again this week that it is rumoured that Ida Sjöstedt is the designer of Sofia's wedding dress, Stoppa pressarna tells about it.
Rykten_ Ida Sjöstedt designar Sofia Hellqvists brudklänning _ Stoppa Pressarna

Ida Sjöstedt designed the dress Sofia wore at the Nobel banquet on 10th December.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Is this the same designer for Victoria's wedding dress?

If this is the Norman Hartnell of Sweden, we have a lot to look forward to.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Is this the same designer for Victoria's wedding dress?

If this is the Norman Hartnell of Sweden, we have a lot to look forward to.
No, Victoria's wedding dress was designed by Pär Engsheden. And even if they would have the same designer, my guess would be that Sofia's wedding dress will be totally different from Victoria's - for they have very different body structures.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Majesty

No matter what I think of her personally I've never had any doubt that SH will be a perfectly beautiful bride.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:43 PM
Majesty

What crown do you they will use?
Old 05-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Courtier

I think a Sunray Tiara would be lovely.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
What crown do you they will use?
The Crown of Sweden's Heir Apparent (also called the Crown prince coronet) and Prince Wilhelm's crown were used to Victoria and Daniel at their wedding. Prince Oscar's (II) crown was used at Estelle's christening. Princess Hedvig Eleonora Charlotte's crown was used at Madeleine's and Chris's wedding. Princess Eugenie's crown was used at princess Lilian's funeral and Leonore's christening.
There is also duke Karl XIII's crown, which was used at prince Bertil's funeral. And duke Fredrik Adolf's crown. And princess Sofia Albertina's crown, which was used at the last time at Victoria's christening.

Maybe prince Oscar's or duke Karl XIII's crown for Carl Philip. And if Sofia becomes a HRH and princess, maybe princess Hedvig Eleonora Charlotte's crown for her.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:59 AM
Courtier

At what point were they used? They didn't wear them on their heads.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
The crowns are at the altar, at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding you can see them at the both sides of the priests at this photo.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 05-17-2015, 04:08 AM
Courtier

Ah, thank you. Were they part of the ceremony at one point or did they just stand there all the time?
Old 05-17-2015, 04:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Ah, thank you. Were they part of the ceremony at one point or did they just stand there all the time?
The crowns are at the altar all the time.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Do you think that Daniel's or Christopher's family is also invited to the wedding?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Do you think that Daniel's or Christopher's family is also invited to the wedding?
Most probably. Prince Daniel's sister and husband attended the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Chris.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:

The princes crowns haven't been worn since the death of Oscar II who was the last crowned King of Sweden.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning writes about the pre-wedding event on Friday, which Carl Philip and Sofia have wanted to keep as secret.
According to the sources of Svensk Damtidning, the guests will be taken with a boat to a black-tie dinner at the Ulriksdal Palace.
Så blir Carl Philips och Sofias fest dagen före bröllopet _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 05-23-2015, 03:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I'll be waiting for this wedding with extra spicy barbeque chips and cola!

I want the grandest jewels of the Swedish Vaults on the bride and a bridal veil to end all veils! Longer than the anaconda and I'll be in heaven!

Are you hoping for the cameo? I'll be honest... I wouldn't mind seeing it as I believe it would look beautiful on Sofia! However, I sad to believe that it won't happen as many feel it is a queens wedding tiara (or queenly tiara in general). Here's to hoping!

Madeline: wedding tiara/modern fringe
Queen Silvia: sapphires
Victoria: I would LOVE to see her latest addition of Llilians tiara that she inherited.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I hope that Carl Philip designs a new tiara for Sofia.

I will be honest, as much as I would love this (this is my second choice), I would love and dream that she is given the chance to pull out the cameo! Is it possible she would wear her home perish tiara like Desere did for her first wedding?
Old 05-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you believe they send all royal families someone? I think Madeleine wedding Belgioum, Netherland and Spain don't send anyone.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Maybe not all, but there will be Royals from several countries. I believe that the attendence also has to do with who is available, which other dates there are on the calendar, etc.

The Skandinavian royals are very close, so we can expect several royals from Norway and Danmark. Queen Margrethe is CP's godmother, so she will be there, maybe also the younger couples.

The British are probably all at Trooping the Colours (isn't it the same day?).
The Dutch, Belgian and Spanish don't have off-age kids to send, so maybe there won't be attendence from those countries, unless the King and Queen have time to go themselves.
The Spanish usually concentrate on duties at home rather than going abroad.

We have to wait till other Royal Houses make announcements and up-date their calendars.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding