The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Of course she will. She will addressed as Hennes Kunglig Höghet Sofia Kristina, Prinsessan av Severige, Hertiginna av Värmland by virtue of her marriage to Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland.
I suppose there is still doubt because nothing is announced yet. A declaration of any sort would make matters clear. But if I remember correctly we'll just have to wait until the wedding day.
And I think it would only be H.K.H. Sofia, without Kristina. It's only her second name and she doesn't use it now so I don't think she will after marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It was already announced with the engagement announcmenet that Daniel would become Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergotland.
That is hardly surprising, the other way round doesn't work the same way.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It was already announced with the engagement announcmenet that Daniel would become Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergotland.
You're right, my mistake. However the Royal Court made a press release public on May 30th 2010 about Daniel Wetslings title. When I read it again it seems like they mean that he now would receive the "His Royal Highness", become Prince of Sweden and member of the Royal House. Obviously the Court and the King see a difference in this, compared to the previous statement with the engagement.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that Sofia will wear the title of princess of Sweden, she will marry with a prince.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Courtier

I'm not 100% sure that she will become princess. We know that Jonas Bergström was supposed to become duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, but not prince. His situation more similar to Sofias than to Daniel.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I'm not 100% sure that she will become princess. We know that Jonas Bergström was supposed to become duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, but not prince. His situation more similar to Sofias than to Daniel.
I'm curious, why wouldn't Sofia be a princess as a matter of course since she is marrying a prince? Why wouldn't Jonas, and then Chris, become a prince as a matter of course, upon marrying a Swedish princess? Is Sweden's royalty different in this regard than other European royalty?
Old 04-06-2015, 03:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
For me, this is the best indication so far too. It was confirmed at the time that Jonas would be a duke, so why would Sofia become a princess instead of a duchess. Daniel is a different matter as husband to the heiress but Jonas was exactly in the same position as Sofia is now.

But of course we have the CG factor here, possibly preferring his son's wife to his daughters supposed husband at the time
Old 04-06-2015, 06:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
For me, this is the best indication so far too. It was confirmed at the time that Jonas would be a duke, so why would Sofia become a princess instead of a duchess. Daniel is a different matter as husband to the heiress but Jonas was exactly in the same position as Sofia is now.

But of course we have the CG factor here, possibly preferring his son's wife to his daughters supposed husband at the time
You'd better leave insinuations like these away, Duke, they don't do you any credit and they are against forum rules - because I think you know very well what you are referring to.

Furthermore I believe that these speculations should be moved to the wedding suggestions and musings thread, because they are no longer about factual pre-wedding information.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has interviewed three experts about what kind of wedding dress Sofia will choose:
Camilla Thulin, a fashion designer
- Lace is the highest fashion now, it is seen everywhere, both at cheap stores and at the most luxurious. Lace is classical, if the model is classical, lace is "safe", beautiful, feminine. Perhaps miss Hellqvist likes lace a little too much, but it suits her. Though perhaps the Nobel dress was too much "an evening in Monte Carlo".
Jenny Fredriksson, fashion editor and stylist in Elle Sweden
- Lace is very actual in the spring and pops up in many international fashion houses. It wouldn't be odd if a woman aware of fashion like Sofia chooses lace dress.
Michaela Forni, vice ceo of fashion website devote.se
- Lace is the nicest one can wear. It is very stylistically pure and at the same time a little sexy and at the most times very flattering to your body. A wedding or gala dress of lace is the most coolest one can wear.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

It is not that difficult. It will be a white dress, with a train and she will have a veil with a diadem. Wow... am I now Nostradamus The Second?

Old 04-15-2015, 04:13 AM
Aristocracy

I think Aquamarines for Sofia's tiara.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I'm curious, why wouldn't Sofia be a princess as a matter of course since she is marrying a prince? Why wouldn't Jonas, and then Chris, become a prince as a matter of course, upon marrying a Swedish princess? Is Sweden's royalty different in this regard than other European royalty?
Okay, leaving Princes Daniel and Philip out of the mix for obvious reasons.

UK: Prince Andrew and Prince William's wives were made HRH Duchesses upon their marriage.

Denmark: Upon her marriage to Prince Joachim, Marie Cavallier became HRH Princess Marie of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat".

Belgium: Upon her marriage to Prince Laurent, Clair Coombs became HRH Princess Claire of Belgium by royal decree.

Netherlands: While not legally created a Princess upon her marriage to Prince Friso, Mabel Wisse Smit uses the customary title of HRH Princess Mabel.

Likewise, while not legally created a Princess upon her marriage to Prince Constantijn, Petra Laurentien Brinkhorst uses the customary title of HRH Princess Laurentien.

Norway: Her Royal Highness Princess Märtha Louise of Norway around the time of her marriage to Ari Behn, became plain Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and HH Princess Märtha Louise of Norway, outside Norway.

So if anyone can find any fixed commonality between Royal Houses in Europe, go for it.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet has a part of the guest list, according to the information they have got, these people are invited. The invitation says "tiara may be worn".
According to Aftonbladet, the dress code at the dinner on Friday for family and friends is black tie.
Aftonbladet avslöjar Gästlistan till prinsbröllopet Nyheter Aftonbladet

Expressen quotes Aftonbladet's article
De blir bjudna på prinsparets bröllop Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 04-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

During the past two royal weddings were also representatives of the diplomatic corps and the party leaders and ministers invited (to Victoria's wedding more than Madeleine's).
Aftonbladet called to the Parliamentary party leaders, it turns out that they have not yet received an invitation in the mail.
- Invitations are rolled out little by little, it started at the beginning of the week, says Margareta Thorgren from the press department. The reason that the court does so is a "technicality", says Thorgren.
It is already clear that one of the party leaders, Jonas Sjöstedt will not attend, he ingurates a conference in Ulricehamn on the same day.
It is also not clear if prime minister Stefan Löfven can attend.
- I must ask you to come back to this, writes press secretary Dan Lundqvist Dahlin in an email.
Sjöstedt nobbar bröllopet Nyheter Aftonbladet

Thorgren didn't comment the list of invited people Aftonbladet published today.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Aftonbladet has a part of the guest list, according to the information they have got, these people are invited. The invitation says "tiara may be worn".
According to Aftonbladet, the dress code at the dinner on Friday for family and friends is black tie.
Aftonbladet avslöjar Gästlistan till prinsbröllopet Nyheter Aftonbladet

Expressen quotes Aftonbladet's article
De blir bjudna på prinsparets bröllop Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Isn't it strange that Haakon, Mette-Marit and Märtha Louise are on the guest list, but King Harald and Queen Sonja are not ?
Old 04-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Isn't it strange that Haakon, Mette-Marit and Märtha Louise are on the guest list, but King Harald and Queen Sonja are not ?
No, they weren't invited to Madeleine's wedding either, because Carl Philip and Madeleine aren't the heirs to the throne. Queen Margrethe is invited because he is Carl Philip's godmother.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pleased that Edward ad Sophie have been invited and I hope they attend!
Old 04-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Albert & Charlene attended Victoria's and Charlene went to Maddie's so I would expect Monaco representation as well.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

The list Aftonbladet published, isn't an official one, but just one Aftonbladet has made itself. How they got the names, are the names just guesses or not, we will see that when the official guest list is published. But since there were just about 100 names, there will be many more to the official list.

EDIT: Aftonbladet has taken the list away, the court has said that it has some mistakes in it. Some names are correct, all aren't.
Which I noticed were that he list said that princesses Margaretha and Désirée would attend with their husbands, princess Margaretha's husband is dead. And the list claimed that all the Danes, Margrethe, Frederik, Joachim and Benedikte are invited. Normally someone of them stays in Denmark as a regent.
It is also interesting that this kind of list came out. I don't remember that it happened before Victoria's and Madeleine's weddings.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:17 AM
Courtier

Please can anyone post the link of the LIVE TV STATION.

Does anyone know when the station will go LIVE ON AIR, seeing as the weddding is not until 4.30. (3.30 UK time).

Hope its a lovely sunny day.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Please can anyone post the link of the LIVE TV STATION.

Does anyone know when the station will go LIVE ON AIR, seeing as the weddding is not until 4.30. (3.30 UK time).

Hope its a lovely sunny day.
The royal court hasn't informed yet about the TV-channel, which will broadcast the wedding. The previous weddings have been broadcasted by SVT and it would be reasonable to think that it is SVT also this time.
When the press release of the TV-channel chosen is released, the channel will later inform how the wedding will be broadcasted, it least that it the way it happened at the previous two royal weddings.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding