The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 06:09 AM
Courtier

It's obvious that the gossip press and lots of people on this forum (and others) really don't like Sofia, and will do anything to discredit her, her background and her friends. Is she traditional princess material? Of course not. I also have my doubts.

What I don't doubt is this:

She has done things earlier in life that other people dissaprove of. Fine. She can't have them undone. But the royal family, who knows her more than any of us, has accepted her. I think we should trust them on this one.

Her friends from the past might not be the same kind of people that some other Royal brides have brought to the guest list of the wedding. So what? Is a hair dresser not as good of a friend as a banker? And I also bet that some of Sofias friends are low profile people that we have never heard of. Either way, you can rest assured that they will behave properly at the wedding.

Since the engagement, Carl Philip has held a higher profile. The most visible appearance was the one in Hellenius hörna. People like Sofia for the effect she seems to have on him. He seems more confident and ready to take on Royal duties. If that isn't a good thing, I don't know what is. Her background is known to most Swedish people, but those I've talked to about this couldn't care less. Showing skin and partying isn't a big deal over here. If she had been involved in drugs or other criminal activities or something similar, I'm sure that people in general would have reacted. But partying? Semi-nude modeling? They couldn't care less.

She and CP really love each other. And when all is said and done, that is the most important thing.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court equerry Mertil Melin told to Svensk Damtidning, that the court will invite the press to the Royal Stables in May and Melin will tell how they take part at the wedding. And show up the horses and the carriage.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
It's obvious that the gossip press and lots of people on this forum (and others) really don't like Sofia, and will do anything to discredit her, her background and her friends. Is she traditional princess material? Of course not. I also have my doubts.

What I don't doubt is this:

She has done things earlier in life that other people dissaprove of. Fine. She can't have them undone. But the royal family, who knows her more than any of us, has accepted her. I think we should trust them on this one.

Her friends from the past might not be the same kind of people that some other Royal brides have brought to the guest list of the wedding. So what? Is a hair dresser not as good of a friend as a banker? And I also bet that some of Sofias friends are low profile people that we have never heard of. Either way, you can rest assured that they will behave properly at the wedding.

Since the engagement, Carl Philip has held a higher profile. The most visible appearance was the one in Hellenius hörna. People like Sofia for the effect she seems to have on him. He seems more confident and ready to take on Royal duties. If that isn't a good thing, I don't know what is. Her background is known to most Swedish people, but those I've talked to about this couldn't care less. Showing skin and partying isn't a big deal over here. If she had been involved in drugs or other criminal activities or something similar, I'm sure that people in general would have reacted. But partying? Semi-nude modeling? They couldn't care less.

She and CP really love each other. And when all is said and done, that is the most important thing.
And even being 'traditional princess material' would not guarantee anything. Some people look perfect on paper but are less than average in practice.

For the rest I guess I agree with your post. And for some people I suppose it's good that they live abroad and not in Europe, least of all in Sweden
Old 03-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

There is already a thread to discuss Sofia's past & character. Please do not clutter all the other threads with the same discussion. And please refrain from attacking other posters. If you can not remain civil, do not post anything at all.

Discussion about Sofia Hellqvist's Past & Future Role in the Royal Family
Old 03-28-2015, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

As per Marengo's previous message, all posts should be posted in the appropriate thread. Yet several poster completely ignored this warning and several off-topic posts had to be moved to the correct thread. Further off-topic posts will be removed without notice.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:07 AM
Courtier

I hope we get to see pictures of the Wedding Cake?

Is it being designed by the Palace?

Also, who is doing the flower arrangements?
Old 03-31-2015, 02:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I hope we get to see pictures of the Wedding Cake?

Is it being designed by the Palace?

Also, who is doing the flower arrangements?
The florist of the royal court, Claes Carlsson, did the flower arrangements to Victoria's and Madeleine's weddings. So maybe he does the arrangements this time too.

Svensk Damtidning has a poll about if Carl Philip should keep his beard to the wedding or not, or can he keep a moustache. At the moment 53 % of people have voted that Carl Philip should not have a beard and 27 % think that he should have a beard.
http://svenskdam.se/
Old 03-31-2015, 03:46 AM
Majesty

Somehow to me, his beard always looks a bit scruffy, so I vote it goes. But it's a bit hard to imagine him with a moustache. Has anyone seen a photo of him with one? I hope we don't end up with a beautiful bride and a scruffy groom!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:08 AM
Serene Highness

I hope he keeps his beard, it makes him look much more mature. Without his beard I think he looks like a boy who only just became a man.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:34 AM
Majesty

You have a point there. He does look incredibly young for his age.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Nobility

For the wedding day I think he should be clean shaven.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think he looks fine with or without the beard, but I prefer to see him clean shaven for the wedding.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I think he looks fine with or without the beard, but I prefer to see him clean shaven for the wedding.
I agree - he may do what King Felipe did when he became king and shave it off for the big event and re-grow it later.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gosh, I hope he doesn't shave for the wedding. To me, whatever sex appeal he has lies in the beard

Old 04-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
And I hope he is bearded or not based on her choice for the day. It would be loving nice gesture.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope he keeps the beard for the wedding. He is one of those men who looks better with a beard and it goes well with a naval uniform, which I am assuming he will wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Gosh, I hope he doesn't shave for the wedding. To me, whatever sex appeal he has lies in the beard
Old 04-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Nobility

The Swedish court's announcements show the symbolic difference between the Prince Couple's and Princess Couple's monograms. Sofia Hellqvist's initial is below the ducal crown, but Christopher O'Neill's is not.

"Prince Carl Philip's ducal crown rests above the monogram."
"Princess Madeleine's ducal crown rests above her initial M."

The Prince Couple's joint monogram - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
The Princess Couple's joint monogram - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 04-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Hence, Sofia will surely get the title!
Old 04-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course she will. She will addressed as Hennes Kunglig Höghet Sofia Kristina, Prinsessan av Severige, Hertiginna av Värmland by virtue of her marriage to Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
I don't know if there is any customs fro this. But in the case of Victoria and Daniel their joint monogram was released in December 2009, while Prince Daniel's monogram was released just a week before the wedding. It has then been public that he would become a Prince of Sweden about two weeks before that. So it's still a possibility that Sofia becomes a princess.
It was already announced with the engagement announcmenet that Daniel would become Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergotland.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding