The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Courtier

In our area it is custom to include the entire family. At the reception they usually hire people to watch the young children in an adjoining room,sort of a day care set up. Then the parents can enjoy the dancing. People even bring sleeping bags so the little ones can sleep. Certainly not a formal wedding.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "plan b" in effect if either Estelle or Elenore get too wiggly or tired during the ceremony.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Ummm firstly, who's North West?.

Really? North West is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's (the obnoxious fame attention seeking some bodies of the moment) daughter. She's only one years old and they bring her to fashion shows dressed up like her mother (black lace, leather and all..) and where she has screaming melt downs. Real good parents if you ask me (eye roll). Anyway I digress...I believe Leonore will be at the wedding too since Estelle was at hers. Now if Carl Philip and Sofia request no children at the wedding, which I think would be bad and cause a major rift with CP sisters, then that's another story. But knowing how close CP is with his nieces and how they're still princesses of Sweden I think they will attend. Although plans change very quickly with babies, if Madeleine feels L isn't up to the event I'm sure she will leave her with her nanny.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Courtier

If I remember right, there was someone "in the wings" to take charge of Estelle if she became fractious at Madeleine's wedding.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
If I remember right, there was someone "in the wings" to take charge of Estelle if she became fractious at Madeleine's wedding.

Great Plan B, I think, they will do the same at C`s wedding with Leonore.

BYe Bine
Old 03-07-2015, 03:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

If Princess Estelle is a flowergirl, do you think she will be the lead flowergirl? Or will she likely be in the middle of the flowergirls?

Yes, of course she will walk in front, probably guarded by one of cousin Patrick Summerlath's girls, who is also CP's godchild.

For sure they will have a nanny at hand who can attend to one of the kids in case they pull a tantrum.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-07-2015, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Wasn't it said it where the Westlings where on standby to tkae care of Estelle if she would not be in the mood. There they did not attend the Wedding.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Wasn't it said it where the Westlings where on standby to tkae care of Estelle if she would not be in the mood. There they did not attend the Wedding.
I think I heard that as well. Cute!
Old 03-07-2015, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Estelle's first nanny Elisabeth Zimmermann was at the Royal Chapel at Madeleine's wedding, and was ready to step in if Estelle would have been restless. She sat behind Victoria and Daniel quite close to them. The Westlings obviously brought Estelle to the chapel and after the wedding were with her at the Haga Palace.
About bringing Leonore to Carl Philip's wedding, I think it depends also about if she is as calm child as Estelle was at her age.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Princess Estelle's first nanny Elisabeth Zimmermann was at the Royal Chapel at Madeleine's wedding, and was ready to step in if Estelle would have been restless. She sat behind Victoria and Daniel quite close to them. The Westlings obviously brought Estelle to the chapel and after the wedding were with her at the Haga Palace.
About bringing Leonore to Carl Philip's wedding, I think it depends also about if she is as calm child as Estelle was at her age.
I agree. It depends a lot on "what kind of child" Leonore is and also on how she's feeling that day. It also can depend on if Madeleine and Chris enjoys having her there at such occasion or want to be "fully there" themselves without having to look after Leonore at that moment. Because even if Estelle was calm, Victoria and Daniel had to entertain and take care of her during the ceremony. So depending on how comfortable they are with that is also a factor.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Estelle is always calm but we don't know how is Leonor, if she can stay without moving during the ceremony.

I remember that the children of the princesses Elena and Cristina had disrupted the wedding of prince felipe and Letizia and the king Juan Carlos was disrupted.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe Sofia will have children from South Africa as her flower girls and page boys?
Old 03-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Maybe Sofia will have children from South Africa as her flower girls and page boys?

I highly doubt it. Isn't it only family members and/or very close friends that are in the wedding party?
Old 03-21-2015, 06:25 AM
Courtier

BBC - History - Princess Anne's wedding (pictures, video, facts & news)

I hope her wedding dress is similar to this one. Sofia is tall and will carry it off well. Other Royal Forums really nasty and spiteful about her, I hope when she becomes a Princess, the name-calling will stop.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
BBC - History - Princess Anne's wedding (pictures, video, facts & news)

I hope her wedding dress is similar to this one. Sofia is tall and will carry it off well. Other Royal Forums really nasty and spiteful about her, I hope when she becomes a Princess, the name-calling will stop.
Sofia tall? According to Svensk Damtidning she is as tall as queen Silvia, 165 cm. And that seems right, at this Sofia's modelling card her height is 165 cm.
http://gfx.bloggar.aftonbladet-cdn.s.../01/sofia3.jpg
Old 03-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Serene Highness

Very young children cannot sit still anywhere especially in church where there is nothing to amuse them and I think it's unfair to a couple getting married to have toddlers making noise and jumping around during their ceremony. I remember Estelle calling on Victoria and trying to get to her when she was reading at Maddie's wedding and she and Daniel seemed to think it was amusing. I didn't think it was at all but still no 3rd party discreetly led her away, they seemed to be enjoying their daughter being the centre of attention even though it wasn't the time or the place. Some parents are like that but I wonder if they would have liked it if their own wedding had been disrupted in the same way.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Some parents are like that but I wonder if they would have liked it if their own wedding had been disrupted in the same way.

Probably if it was one of their nieces or nephews. Madeleine seemed to enjoy it too. It's always easier when it's children from your own family. Had it been someone elses children it would have been another story
Old 03-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness

And Estelle is a remarkably calm toddler -it is not as if she started screaming or running to and fro.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Very young children cannot sit still anywhere especially in church where there is nothing to amuse them and I think it's unfair to a couple getting married to have toddlers making noise and jumping around during their ceremony. I remember Estelle calling on Victoria and trying to get to her when she was reading at Maddie's wedding and she and Daniel seemed to think it was amusing. I didn't think it was at all but still no 3rd party discreetly led her away, they seemed to be enjoying their daughter being the centre of attention even though it wasn't the time or the place. Some parents are like that but I wonder if they would have liked it if their own wedding had been disrupted in the same way.
That's why there are two kinds of weddings. With or without kids. I would love if a kid acted funny at my wedding. I love kids and think weddings are an occation for the whole family. Then there are the other kind that want everything to go perfect and have the focus soley on them. Neither is better than the other, but I don't think a cute toddler (that's not acting out with a tantrum) is a disturbance. It depends on the couple but also the kid.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Madeleine invited Victoria and Daniel to bring Estelle for a reason. She clearly wanted her niece to be there on her special day, perfectly well knowing that inviting toddlers to a wedding can be a noisy affair. I distinctly remember her smiling at Estelle's little outburst – just like both she, Chris and the King smiled when she made a little noise at Leonore's christening. She clearly didn't mind.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding