The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

She doesnt strike me as the 'conservative classic' type, IMHO. I'll bet there is a fair amount of SH's cleavage on display on the wedding day.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
She doesnt strike me as the 'conservative classic' type, IMHO. I'll bet there is a fair amount of SH's cleavage on display on the wedding day.
She may not be conservative, but she has never struck me as stupid.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont know about stupid, not being privy to her IQ. I think she has made some spectacularly bad choices in the past including her lack of education and so on. She has often times chosen quite dubious dresses. We shall see what she chooses for the wedding in June. Hopefully something appropriate.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

IMO She will dress well. She is likely receiving the Queen's input. Maybe even the King's. Just a hunch. I doubt she will be in a rebellious mode seeking to make 'her' statement at her wedding. Plenty for that kind of thing much later down the road if that's her inclination.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

If left to her own devices and still in her old way of life then perhaps she would be inclined to be more flashy. However she's been pretty mindful of her clothing since becoming involved with CP and certainly since they got engaged. You don't seriously think she's going to wear something revealing or tacky to her wedding do you? Not going to happen. She will be appropriately attired.

LaRae
Old 02-20-2015, 06:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
If left to her own devices and still in her old way of life then perhaps she would be inclined to be more flashy. However she's been pretty mindful of her clothing since becoming involved with CP and certainly since they got engaged. You don't seriously think she's going to wear something revealing or tacky to her wedding do you? Not going to happen. She will be appropriately attired.

LaRae
I agree. Even if that was still her taste (which we have seen no proof of), she is not stupid. And even if she was stupid, she will be advised and have all things okey-ed by other people. So calm down, there will be no shocking dress....
Old 02-20-2015, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think there will be any middle ground it will be either love it or hate it. Because Sophie herself divides people can guess her dress will do the same
It will be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-20-2015, 07:56 AM
Majesty

It also would be interestin to see if many of the guests will be among Sofia's friends and tv celebs...
Old 02-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree. Even if that was still her taste (which we have seen no proof of), she is not stupid. And even if she was stupid, she will be advised and have all things okey-ed by other people. So calm down, there will be no shocking dress....
'Even if it was still her taste"..it wasnt that long ago...What do you mean 'we have no proof of' ? There are photos all over the web? I feel liike I should be signing off 'Thanks Sofia' for your editorial, because I dont know what you are basing this on if you are not in the room. JMHO of course.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
I know she wore a skin tight, short, red dress with a full zip up the back for the engagement photos, which I considered to be clingy/revealing and tacky, But thats JMHO of course Did you think that was a good choice?
Old 02-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I know she wore a skin tight, short, red dress with a full zip up the back for the engagement photos, which I considered to be clingy/revealing and tacky, But thats JMHO of course Did you think that was a good choice?
Yes it was perfect choice in my opinion!

For the wedding dress I'm sure that she will be beautifully dressed. Sofia has a great body and is very pretty and will make an astonishing bride in June. And most likely she will get good advise from her future sisters, and mother-in-law
Old 02-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Yes it was perfect choice in my opinion!
OK, then perhaps you and I have a different opinion of what is suitable, especially for an extremely publically 'unsuitable girl', to wear for an engagement announcement when she was trying to make her past , which was EVERYWHERE, less conspicuous. JMHO of course.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Short? In what universe is a below-knee dress short? It was the same length as Queen Silvia's. I thought Sofia's engagement dress was lovely.

http://www.thelocal.se/galleries/3/i...bride-to-be-/2

The King obviously thought it was so unsuitable that he wore a matching tie.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
For the wedding dress I'm sure that she will be beautifully dressed. Sofia has a great body and is very pretty and will make an astonishing bride in June. And most likely she will get good advise from her future sisters, and mother-in-law
I dont doubt that she has a 'great body' as everyone on the planet, including me has seen it. I have, on the other hand, seen nothing to indicate that Victoria or Madeleine are advising her in anything at all. May I ask what you are basing this statement on and ask for link?
Old 02-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
OK, then perhaps you and I have a different opinion of what is suitable, especially for an extremely publically 'unsuitable girl', to wear for an engagement announcement when she was trying to make her past , which was EVERYWHERE, less conspicuous. JMHO of course.
She is not unsuitable. They have got a marriage of consent to marry by the Government and King of Sweden. That should be more than enough!

And the dress is indeed very lovely and of the kind that many women wear in SWEDEN today.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Courtier

It was not long ago that she wore that horrible, fuchsia, sequin-satin dress to the Nobel ceremony which had a bit of revealing cleavage too. She is still making fashion mistakes but I doubt she will be tacky or flashy on the wedding day. Out of all the days to dress inappropriate this is especially not the one. I'm sure the Queen, King, Royal Court, minders etc. will give her guidance on how to dress for the big day. After all, it's a church wedding, there are rules.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am very aware of hemlines and have commented on more than one of the fashion threads involving other royals that their hemlines are too short...however IIRC the red dress was at the knee or just below it. I don't recall it being tacky or clingy...it was fitted to her body yes, however nothing more than some of the other royals or even higher profile royals have worn.

LaRae
Old 02-20-2015, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Just reviewed pics of the dress again...I don't think it was too tight even...there's one photo where the material is actually loose in the middle section and away from the body.

LaRae
Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
'Even if it was still her taste"..it wasnt that long ago...What do you mean 'we have no proof of' ? There are photos all over the web? I feel liike I should be signing off 'Thanks Sofia' for your editorial, because I dont know what you are basing this on if you are not in the room. JMHO of course.
Uhm, she has changed A LOT. But you will never ever see that because in any thread there is a hint of a mention of Sofia, there you are, telling us all why she is bad!

Quote:
Wow, you really want to see faults. That look is kind of the basic working royal look. A classic sheet dress.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think we need a Moderator in here STAT!! Again,,,Not to mention certain members to either grow up, shut up or both!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding