The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 02:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
The 20s wedding dresses are not very flattering for the body (look at the Queen Mother...) and are quite "simple" by todays standards (no train, no volume). I am not so sure about how a 30s gown looks. The waist is higher, right? That is more flattering to me at least..

I agree that there probably will be a rather simple dress. Maybe lace parts but not to much. I wonder if something like Mette-Marits dress would be to her taste? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a0e6c70ee0.jpg At least the angelic skirt? It's such a nice flow but still keeping it simple.
I agree about 1920's dresses being very unflattering for someone who is not wraith thin, and I would be gloriously happiness filled, if she wore something anywhere near Mette-Marit's magical gown.

Looking at simple lines in gowns there are only a few, Mette-Marit, Victoria and Stephanie. I include Stephanie because the beauty of the gown relied on the cut and style of the actual gown itself, regardless of the fact that it was a symphony in organza, chantilly lace, pearls, crystals and silver thread, etc. It was just classically simple. But to replicate that type of gown Sofia would have to go Elli Saab, and Sofia is a little less robust than Stephanie.

A gown like Victoria's would be far to severe for Sofia but, she would look amazing in a gown as simply designed as Mette-Marit's. She even sports the somewhat flat to the head updo that Mette-Marit chose.

It's interesting that in all the gowns advertised on line, not one had a gown that looks the least like any of these three. Perhaps it's just easier to go with the crinoline and lace classics or the "daring" gowns . . . you know, those figure-hugging mermaid gowns with no backs and a nod to the front!

It's months away, but this is a great time to speculate, and now hernameispekka has got me stuck on Mette-Marit style and her magical gown.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:36 AM
Royal Highness

I think she will wear a show stopper dress and look great she has lots of the right people to help her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 02-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Only 4 1/2 months to go until the wedding day!
Old 02-12-2015, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

On the cover of Expressen Extra
Sofia's secret wedding plan
The wedding - the guest - the dinner
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/fa/...f9d/645@70.jpg
Old 02-13-2015, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
On the cover of Expressen Extra
Sofia's secret wedding plan
The wedding - the guest - the dinner
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/fa/...f9d/645@70.jpg
Mertil Melin, the Crown Equerry, the Head of the Royal Mews, has told to Expressen Extra, that at the planning of the wedding they are now choosing the place of the wedding dinner. The choices are the Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace and a third Palace/Castle. A cortege with horses and carriage from the wedding ceremony to the party seems to be sure too.
- The cortege has been featured on all weddings. Staff and horses we change, but the carriages are always the same. So we hope that there will be a horse drawn carriage this time too. It is a fine tradition, says Melin.

Another detail Expressen Extra reveals is that the military will play a major role in the celebrations. Prince Carl Philip is a trained officer and last year he was promoted to Major.
- The Navy and above all Amphibious Regiment AMF 1 in Vaxholm get a prominent role. Also several military bands will be in a visible role, tells a inside source and adds that the wedding will be a "calmer and more relaxed" wedding than the weddings of the princesses.
Nu avslöjas detaljerna inför Carl Philips och Sofias bröllop Stoppa Pressarna
Old 02-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Well, it seems that the wedding will have all the pomp and pageantry we expect for a royal wedding! I'm quite excited by the prospect!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well, it seems that the wedding will have all the pomp and pageantry we expect for a royal wedding! I'm quite excited by the prospect!
It should be a big wedding, the Swedes so do know how to put on a show.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Mertil Melin, the Crown Equerry, the Head of the Royal Mews, has told to Expressen Extra, that at the planning of the wedding they are now choosing the place of the wedding dinner. The choices are the Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace and a third Palace/Castle. A cortege with horses and carriage from the wedding ceremony to the party seems to be sure too.
Interestingh. Wonder which is the third Palace/Castle they consider to use. There are quiet a fe Castles around Stockholm but most of them are not as big.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Interestingh. Wonder which is the third Palace/Castle they consider to use. There are quiet a fe Castles around Stockholm but most of them are not as big.
But they can put a marquee outside the palace, like they did at Madeleine's wedding, the dinner was at the marquee, not at Drottningholm Palace.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Might the choice be a function of how many guests are expected?
Old 02-18-2015, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lars Wallin's bridal collection from last autumn. Like have been spoken earlier, Vicky Andrén wore a dress from Lars Wallin.
The World of Lars Wallin | Wedding
Old 02-18-2015, 02:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Lars Wallin's bridal collection from last autumn. Like have been spoken earlier, Vicky Andrén wore a dress from Lars Wallin.
The World of Lars Wallin | Wedding
Of these, I would go with the Audrey.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Of these, I would go with the Audrey.
And I would go for the Sophia. Don't think that she would go for that obvious one.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I like Grace best, and it would be a smart move if she chose a Swedish designer. But I don't think we will see a dress from any collection. It's more likely that she will have something designed uniquely for her.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Courtier

My choice would be Estelle or Anastacia (without the ridiculous big bow )

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
My choice would be Estelle or Anastacia (without the ridiculous big bow )
Yes, what is that bow about? Ruins the whole look.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I like the Grace and Giselle dresses the best, and the Estelle dress is also quite nice. I think the Giselle dress is my favourite of them all. It would look lovely with the six button tiara.

I'm not a fan of the Anastasia dress, as that lace and bow together is a bit much for me.

Which dress by Lars Wallin did Vicky Andrén wear?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Giselle is very lovely, that's the one I think I would go with myself. A long version of Carrie would be gorgeous as well. I also think Grace is nice but the band in the middle kills it a little for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Which dress by Lars Wallin did Vicky Andrén wear?
I reckon Vicky's dress was bespoke. If Sofia chooses a Wallin dress, I think it's safe to assume that hers will be as well.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lars Wallin designs a lot of haute couture, Victoria and Madeleine have worn his dresses. Wallin designed a unique wedding dress for Vicky Andrén, because Vicky is his friend and Vicky has modelled Wallin's couture for many years, and still does, Vicky at Wallin's website.
http://www.larswallin.com/press/
Old 02-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I suspect Sophia will go for a conservative classic look in a wedding dress.

LaRae

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding