Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, thank you. Were they part of the ceremony at one point or did they just stand there all the time?

Ah, thank you. Were they part of the ceremony at one point or did they just stand there all the time?

The crowns are at the altar all the time.

Do you think that Daniel's or Christopher's family is also invited to the wedding?

Do you think that Daniel's or Christopher's family is also invited to the wedding?

Most probably. Prince Daniel's sister and husband attended the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Chris.

At what point were they used? They didn't wear them on their heads.

The princes crowns haven't been worn since the death of Oscar II who was the last crowned King of Sweden.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'll be waiting for this wedding with extra spicy barbeque chips and cola! :popcorn: :clap:

I want the grandest jewels of the Swedish Vaults on the bride and a bridal veil to end all veils! Longer than the anaconda and I'll be in heaven! :kiss:

Are you hoping for the cameo? I'll be honest... I wouldn't mind seeing it as I believe it would look beautiful on Sofia! However, I sad to believe that it won't happen as many feel it is a queens wedding tiara (or queenly tiara in general). Here's to hoping!

Madeline: wedding tiara/modern fringe
Queen Silvia: sapphires
Victoria: I would LOVE to see her latest addition of Llilians tiara that she inherited.

I hope that Carl Philip designs a new tiara for Sofia.

I will be honest, as much as I would love this (this is my second choice), I would love and dream that she is given the chance to pull out the cameo! Is it possible she would wear her home perish tiara like Desere did for her first wedding?

Do you believe they send all royal families someone? I think Madeleine wedding Belgioum, Netherland and Spain don't send anyone.

:previous: Maybe not all, but there will be Royals from several countries. I believe that the attendence also has to do with who is available, which other dates there are on the calendar, etc.

The Skandinavian royals are very close, so we can expect several royals from Norway and Danmark. Queen Margrethe is CP's godmother, so she will be there, maybe also the younger couples.

The British are probably all at Trooping the Colours (isn't it the same day?).
The Dutch, Belgian and Spanish don't have off-age kids to send, so maybe there won't be attendence from those countries, unless the King and Queen have time to go themselves.
The Spanish usually concentrate on duties at home rather than going abroad.

We have to wait till other Royal Houses make announcements and up-date their calendars.

I'm thinking the Wessex's or Kent's will go to the wedding.

I would assume the British would send the Wessexes, as they attended both Victoria's wedding and Madeleine's wedding. Of course, the chance exists that they might not send anybody, due to Trooping the Colour being that same day. However, given that the Wessexes attended both the other Swedish royal weddings (most notably Madeleine's, as it was smaller), I would be surprised if they skipped Carl Philip's.

Now that the attendence of Princess Takamado from Japan has been confirmed we might soon expect more confirmations. Several Royal Houses do not yet have their agendas for the 13th online.

But the Dutch Royal House has, and there is nothing from 13th to 15th. Mmh, if I remember correctly, they didn't put the attendence at Queen Margrethe's birthday on their official calendar. I'd love to see them in Stockholm.

But the Dutch Royal House has, and there is nothing from 13th to 15th. Mmh, if I remember correctly, they didn't put the attendence at Queen Margrethe's birthday on their official calendar. I'd love to see them in Stockholm.

If I remember correctly, the Dutch Royal House has the policy of not confirming or denying until the official guestlist is released. :flowers:

I am pretty sure all Scandinavian royals will be present at C&S wedding, and now member of Japanese Imperial family confirmed her presence.

Have other royal houses confirmed their attendance already ?

:previous: I believe that Queen Margrethe has once said that she is going to attend her godchild's wedding. Btw, one of the Danish Royals has to stay behind in Danmark and act as regent. Maybe this task will fall to Princess Benedikte this year? (As Madeleine's godmother she attended Madeleine's wedding).

That's all until now.

I hope he doesn't design the tiara having seen his design for dishes just no. They have lovely tiaras I hope she chooses on of those. I also hope she doesn't wear the cameo there would be a melt down on here over how Maddie didn't get to wear it why did they let Sofia wear it.

If he design the tiara like design monogram then it be very wonderful :sad:

I thought Edward and Sophie Wessex were attending

I am betting that if the Wessexes don't go, nobody from the BRF will go.

I'm sure the Kent's or Gloucester's can go, if the Wessexes can't go. Would be a great event to send Princess Beatrice too.

Yes perfect idea.It's nice to see Princess Beatrice to this events. Or maybe Prince Harry why not?

Would be a great event to send Princess Beatrice too.

And we would even see hear wearing a tiara for the first time. But i think it is very unlikely that they will send her.

I'm sure the Kent's or Gloucester's can go, if the Wessexes can't go. Would be a great event to send Princess Beatrice too.

I would love to see Beatrice represent the Crown at this wedding. But I just don't think it will happen.

I hope he doesn't design the tiara having seen his design for dishes just no. They have lovely tiaras I hope she chooses on of those. I also hope she doesn't wear the cameo there would be a melt down on here over how Maddie didn't get to wear it why did they let Sofia wear it.

I am glad Madeleine didn't wear the Cameo and I am not sure she even wanted to. She could not possibly have been more stunning than she was with her tiara and her hair the way it was...the most gorgeous hair/tiara combo I have ever seen!

For Sofia's sake I hope the groom has nothing to do with designing her tiara.:eek:

Is there an Offical Programme of the Day being released to the public:

e.g.

A detailed account of the day's events with timings etc.

16.00 Bride leaves her home with her father?
16.30 Bride arrives for service?

Is there an Offical Programme of the Day being released to the public:

e.g.

A detailed account of the day's events with timings etc.

16.00 Bride leaves her home with her father?
16.30 Bride arrives for service?

No. Nothing like that was published before Victoria's and Madeleine's weddings.
SVT's broadcast starts at 15.00. They show the guests arriving, the royal guests, Sofia's family and the royal family arrive as last before the happy couple. And we don't know how Sofia arrives to the Chapel, maybe she and Carl Philip arrive together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom