The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 07:16 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just an odd question. What are the chances of Edward and Sophie attending Trooping the Color in the morning and hopping a plane to the wedding in the afternoon (should the wedding be an afternoon wedding that is)?

Would this at all be feasible?

Old 10-26-2014, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just an odd question. What are the chances of Edward and Sophie attending Trooping the Color in the morning and hopping a plane to the wedding in the afternoon (should the wedding be an afternoon wedding that is)?

Would this at all be feasible?
Probably not. Trooping the Colour starts at noon british time which is one hour later than in Scandinavia. And the Wedding of Voctoria and Madeleine started at 15h30 local time which would be 14h30 british time.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Serene Highness

A question: why is the British representation so important?
Old 10-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
A question: why is the British representation so important?

hahahaha I agree, who cares! It isn't as if the wedding won't go ahead without them. How arrogant to assume the Swedish RF care at all.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 10-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Serene Highness

This thread is to discuss the wedding. The British do tend to have representation at events especially weddings. Just trying to figure out who will be there . It is something to talk about being there is much else to discuss the odds of the Spanish sending anyone are apparently fair at best.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
This thread is to discuss the wedding. The British do tend to have representation at events especially weddings. Just trying to figure out who will be there . It is something to talk about being there is much else to discuss the odds of the Spanish sending anyone are apparently fair at best.
I know that this thread is to discuss the wedding and that the Brits are usually present at weddings. I asked because the British representation almost seems to be the only if not the main focus of the guest list, while there are lots of other royal houses as well.
That distinction kind of surprises me.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I know that this thread is to discuss the wedding and that the Brits are usually present at weddings. I asked because the British representation almost seems to be the only if not the main focus of the guest list, while there are lots of other royal houses as well.
That distinction kind of surprises me.
This is a matter of what interests people on this forum, I've posted on representatives from the dutch RF (in my opinion=noone) and Monaco, but no response to that

It's no more interesting who participates from the BRF than from any other RF and guests in general are less interesting than anything to do with the wedding couple itself, but as there is no news on the latter and few interest on other RF's attending, this is what you get

What would you like to discuss about the wedding? Maybe you and me together can change the topic
Old 10-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
This is a matter of what interests people on this forum, I've posted on representatives from the dutch RF (in my opinion=noone) and Monaco, but no response to that

It's no more interesting who participates from the BRF than from any other RF and guests in general are less interesting than anything to do with the wedding couple itself, but as there is no news on the latter and few interest on other RF's attending, this is what you get

What would you like to discuss about the wedding? Maybe you and me together can change the topic
I understand, and I guess for a lot of people the British royal family is the most important or at least the most interesting. I don't care at all, I suppose that is the big difference
Old 10-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I understand, and I guess for a lot of people the British royal family is the most important or at least the most interesting. I don't care at all, I suppose that is the big difference
But you still only say what you don't care to talk about, but not what you *would* like to talk about concerning the wedding of P.Carl-Philip and Sofia
Old 10-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Where do you think will they hold their wedding reception?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Weddings are often a great first "official outing" for a partner of a royal before they get engaged, so for the BRF i'm still betting on P.Beatrice *with* long-term partner Dave Clark

Maybe for Monaco Pierre Casiraghi with Beatrice Borromeo

I don't think Beatrice and Dave will attend unless they are officially engaged.
Anyway, Beatrice isn't supposed to have a role in the BRF, so I think someone else will attend.
Andrew seems most likely.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think Beatrice and Dave will attend unless they are officially engaged.
Anyway, Beatrice isn't supposed to have a role in the BRF, so I think someone else will attend.
Andrew seems most likely.

Why? Sophie and Edward have been the representatives at literally every other wedding of this type. They went to Victoria's, to Madeleine's, to basically every royal wedding of the last few years.

I think even if Edward stays for Trooping, Sophie will go alone. They have friends there at this point- they know each other.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

You guys are not exactly helping getting this topic *away* from the BRF
(just kiddin', couldn't resist )
Old 10-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
But you still only say what you don't care to talk about, but not what you *would* like to talk about concerning the wedding of P.Carl-Philip and Sofia
True, but even I see that at this moment there is not much to talk about besides the location and the date. So I don't know what I would like to talk about, I'll just follow the discussion and join when I feel like it
Old 10-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree about Sophie attending on her own. While Edward might have an important role in Trooping, Sophie doesn't and can "afford" to miss it in favour of CP's wedding. She's also acquainted with the vast majority of the European royals and will most definitely have someone to tag along with.

Quote:
Maybe for Monaco Pierre Casiraghi with Beatrice Borromeo
Charlène attended Madeleine's wedding. As CP is higher up the line of succession than Madeleine, I think we can expect attendance from at least Charlène and probably Albert as well.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince's wedding estimated to cost at least 6 million
When Madeleine married SEK 3 million was taken from the apanage, ie taxpayers' money given every year to the Royal Court. But the wedding was much more expensive than that. Expressen reported that "the majority" of Madeleine and Chris' wedding was paid by the king in private. Jan Lindman from the court confirmed to the magazine that the wedding cost at least 6 million.
According to Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall the King will be as generous this time: "Of course I can't talk about exact figures, but a royal wedding is in that cost class. Cost-wise, a royal wedding is not even close to a normal wedding. I think that this wedding will have about the same extent as when Madeleine and Chris married. And you have to remember that this kind of wedding, with dinners for the wedding, TV broadcasting, transportation and other costs a lot".
Lindwall doesn't believe that the king will take a very large portion of the costs from apanage: "I think the king is very wary of the costs because the majority of this kind of wedding is private".
di.se - Prinsens bröllop tippas kosta minst 6 miljoner kronor
Translation
Old 10-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Charlène attended Madeleine's wedding. As CP is higher up the line of succession than Madeleine, I think we can expect attendance from at least Charlène and probably Albert as well.
I don't think that it matters much for Charlene that CP is higher up in the line of succession. It porbably matters more that she will be a new mother of twins. She will probably see how things are going with the kids before she decides about travelling to Sweden.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Edward doesn't have ANY role at Trooping the Colour. He chooses to wear a uniform to it but I've never understood why. He is Colonel in Chief the the regiment whose uniform he wears but other Royal men like Prince Andrew and Prince Michael are also Colonel in Chief of regiments but don't wear them to this event. Traditionally the only people who wear uniform on this occasion have been the colonels of the household regiments, Prince Charles, Philip, Dukes of Kent and Cambridge and Princess Anne. Prince Harry also wears his for some reason as well but neither he nor Edward take part. There is therefore no reason why Edward can't go to Sweden and I strongly suspect that he Sophie will.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

That was my impression as well. Edward doesn't ride alongside his brother, sister, nephew and great-uncle and doesn't have an important part to play at Trooping per se. IIRC, Sophie is a Colonel-in-chief as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I don't think that it matters much for Charlene that CP is higher up in the line of succession. It porbably matters more that she will be a new mother of twins. She will probably see how things are going with the kids before she decides about travelling to Sweden.
The twins will be about 6 months old at the time of CP's wedding – and if she doesn't feel ready to go just yet, I'm sure Albert will go by himself.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Edward wears the uniform of the London Regiment which is reserve unit which is part of Guards Division. He's the Colonel. Harry wears his Blues and Royals uniform. Blues and Royals are part of the Household Calvary . They are part of the Trooping ceremony.

Edward isn't an active participant like the Colonels of the Guards/HC so he could miss it for the wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding