The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #501  
Old 10-26-2014, 06:16 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,486
Just an odd question. What are the chances of Edward and Sophie attending Trooping the Color in the morning and hopping a plane to the wedding in the afternoon (should the wedding be an afternoon wedding that is)?

Would this at all be feasible?
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #502  
Old 10-26-2014, 06:20 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just an odd question. What are the chances of Edward and Sophie attending Trooping the Color in the morning and hopping a plane to the wedding in the afternoon (should the wedding be an afternoon wedding that is)?

Would this at all be feasible?
Probably not. Trooping the Colour starts at noon british time which is one hour later than in Scandinavia. And the Wedding of Voctoria and Madeleine started at 15h30 local time which would be 14h30 british time.
__________________

  #503  
Old 10-26-2014, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,073
A question: why is the British representation so important?
  #504  
Old 10-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
A question: why is the British representation so important?

hahahaha I agree, who cares! It isn't as if the wedding won't go ahead without them. How arrogant to assume the Swedish RF care at all.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
  #505  
Old 10-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,339
This thread is to discuss the wedding. The British do tend to have representation at events especially weddings. Just trying to figure out who will be there . It is something to talk about being there is much else to discuss the odds of the Spanish sending anyone are apparently fair at best.
  #506  
Old 10-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
This thread is to discuss the wedding. The British do tend to have representation at events especially weddings. Just trying to figure out who will be there . It is something to talk about being there is much else to discuss the odds of the Spanish sending anyone are apparently fair at best.
I know that this thread is to discuss the wedding and that the Brits are usually present at weddings. I asked because the British representation almost seems to be the only if not the main focus of the guest list, while there are lots of other royal houses as well.
That distinction kind of surprises me.
  #507  
Old 10-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I know that this thread is to discuss the wedding and that the Brits are usually present at weddings. I asked because the British representation almost seems to be the only if not the main focus of the guest list, while there are lots of other royal houses as well.
That distinction kind of surprises me.
This is a matter of what interests people on this forum, I've posted on representatives from the dutch RF (in my opinion=noone) and Monaco, but no response to that

It's no more interesting who participates from the BRF than from any other RF and guests in general are less interesting than anything to do with the wedding couple itself, but as there is no news on the latter and few interest on other RF's attending, this is what you get

What would you like to discuss about the wedding? Maybe you and me together can change the topic
  #508  
Old 10-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
This is a matter of what interests people on this forum, I've posted on representatives from the dutch RF (in my opinion=noone) and Monaco, but no response to that

It's no more interesting who participates from the BRF than from any other RF and guests in general are less interesting than anything to do with the wedding couple itself, but as there is no news on the latter and few interest on other RF's attending, this is what you get

What would you like to discuss about the wedding? Maybe you and me together can change the topic
I understand, and I guess for a lot of people the British royal family is the most important or at least the most interesting. I don't care at all, I suppose that is the big difference
  #509  
Old 10-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I understand, and I guess for a lot of people the British royal family is the most important or at least the most interesting. I don't care at all, I suppose that is the big difference
But you still only say what you don't care to talk about, but not what you *would* like to talk about concerning the wedding of P.Carl-Philip and Sofia
  #510  
Old 10-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
Where do you think will they hold their wedding reception?
  #511  
Old 10-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Weddings are often a great first "official outing" for a partner of a royal before they get engaged, so for the BRF i'm still betting on P.Beatrice *with* long-term partner Dave Clark

Maybe for Monaco Pierre Casiraghi with Beatrice Borromeo

I don't think Beatrice and Dave will attend unless they are officially engaged.
Anyway, Beatrice isn't supposed to have a role in the BRF, so I think someone else will attend.
Andrew seems most likely.
  #512  
Old 10-26-2014, 11:42 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,812
Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think Beatrice and Dave will attend unless they are officially engaged.
Anyway, Beatrice isn't supposed to have a role in the BRF, so I think someone else will attend.
Andrew seems most likely.

Why? Sophie and Edward have been the representatives at literally every other wedding of this type. They went to Victoria's, to Madeleine's, to basically every royal wedding of the last few years.


I think even if Edward stays for Trooping, Sophie will go alone. They have friends there at this point- they know each other.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #513  
Old 10-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,327
You guys are not exactly helping getting this topic *away* from the BRF
(just kiddin', couldn't resist )
  #514  
Old 10-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
But you still only say what you don't care to talk about, but not what you *would* like to talk about concerning the wedding of P.Carl-Philip and Sofia
True, but even I see that at this moment there is not much to talk about besides the location and the date. So I don't know what I would like to talk about, I'll just follow the discussion and join when I feel like it
  #515  
Old 10-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,514
I agree about Sophie attending on her own. While Edward might have an important role in Trooping, Sophie doesn't and can "afford" to miss it in favour of CP's wedding. She's also acquainted with the vast majority of the European royals and will most definitely have someone to tag along with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Maybe for Monaco Pierre Casiraghi with Beatrice Borromeo
Charlène attended Madeleine's wedding. As CP is higher up the line of succession than Madeleine, I think we can expect attendance from at least Charlène and probably Albert as well.
__________________
"I am Denmark's first female Prime Minister. But you know what? I won't be the last."
— Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark

  #516  
Old 10-26-2014, 12:50 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,061
The Prince's wedding estimated to cost at least 6 million
When Madeleine married SEK 3 million was taken from the apanage, ie taxpayers' money given every year to the Royal Court. But the wedding was much more expensive than that. Expressen reported that "the majority" of Madeleine and Chris' wedding was paid by the king in private. Jan Lindman from the court confirmed to the magazine that the wedding cost at least 6 million.
According to Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall the King will be as generous this time: "Of course I can't talk about exact figures, but a royal wedding is in that cost class. Cost-wise, a royal wedding is not even close to a normal wedding. I think that this wedding will have about the same extent as when Madeleine and Chris married. And you have to remember that this kind of wedding, with dinners for the wedding, TV broadcasting, transportation and other costs a lot".
Lindwall doesn't believe that the king will take a very large portion of the costs from apanage: "I think the king is very wary of the costs because the majority of this kind of wedding is private".
di.se - Prinsens bröllop tippas kosta minst 6 miljoner kronor
Translation
  #517  
Old 10-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Charlène attended Madeleine's wedding. As CP is higher up the line of succession than Madeleine, I think we can expect attendance from at least Charlène and probably Albert as well.
I don't think that it matters much for Charlene that CP is higher up in the line of succession. It porbably matters more that she will be a new mother of twins. She will probably see how things are going with the kids before she decides about travelling to Sweden.
  #518  
Old 10-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,405
Prince Edward doesn't have ANY role at Trooping the Colour. He chooses to wear a uniform to it but I've never understood why. He is Colonel in Chief the the regiment whose uniform he wears but other Royal men like Prince Andrew and Prince Michael are also Colonel in Chief of regiments but don't wear them to this event. Traditionally the only people who wear uniform on this occasion have been the colonels of the household regiments, Prince Charles, Philip, Dukes of Kent and Cambridge and Princess Anne. Prince Harry also wears his for some reason as well but neither he nor Edward take part. There is therefore no reason why Edward can't go to Sweden and I strongly suspect that he Sophie will.
  #519  
Old 10-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,514
That was my impression as well. Edward doesn't ride alongside his brother, sister, nephew and great-uncle and doesn't have an important part to play at Trooping per se. IIRC, Sophie is a Colonel-in-chief as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I don't think that it matters much for Charlene that CP is higher up in the line of succession. It porbably matters more that she will be a new mother of twins. She will probably see how things are going with the kids before she decides about travelling to Sweden.
The twins will be about 6 months old at the time of CP's wedding – and if she doesn't feel ready to go just yet, I'm sure Albert will go by himself.
__________________
"I am Denmark's first female Prime Minister. But you know what? I won't be the last."
— Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark

  #520  
Old 10-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,878
Edward wears the uniform of the London Regiment which is reserve unit which is part of Guards Division. He's the Colonel. Harry wears his Blues and Royals uniform. Blues and Royals are part of the Household Calvary . They are part of the Trooping ceremony.

Edward isn't an active participant like the Colonels of the Guards/HC so he could miss it for the wedding.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 480 07-30-2011 08:59 AM
Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 5605 04-29-2011 06:00 AM




Popular Tags
albania autographs beatrice borromeo best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge dutch fashion poll jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king philip king willem-alexander liechtenstein lists margherita monarchy murder new zealand norway november november 2016 october 2016 palaces picture of the week pierre casiraghi prince carl philip prince charles prince harry prince of wales princess marie style princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia princess sofia's daytime fashion princess sofia eveningwear queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia gowns queen letizia suits queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats uae wildlife


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises