The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
BRF could send the Cambridges. They probably won't be doing anything.

I would think that Queen Elizabeth thinks that having William and Catherine at the Trooping of the Colors is more important then CPC/SH wedding, after all he is not the heir to the throne, so William and Catherine will be doing lots more then CPC has done in a very long time. Funny thing is that CPC is in charge of what he does for the money he gets and his calendar is mostly empty except for car racing and parties............maybe someone here could put together the numbers of what W did for the year and compare it to what CPC has done for the same time period.......my money would be on.........William.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
If Infanta Elena went she wouldn't be representing Spain but as a guest since she's no longer a member of the SRF,I'm now thing that the Borbóns won't send a soul!
I agree about Spain, and add that I think most royal families wont send a representative. If they do, it will be a minor royal.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I agree about Spain, and add that I think most royal families wont send a representative. If they do, it will be a minor royal.
It would be a concern imo and might explain much. For their sakes, especially for the King and Queen and the SRF in general, I sincerely hope that doesn't happen.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would be shocked if any of the BRF bailed on Trooping the color, especially given Philip's advanced age, to go to a minor royal wedding. Who knows how many years the D of E has left in him...
Old 10-25-2014, 01:56 AM
Nobility

I suspect that, as others have suggested, if the BRF sends anyone it will be Andrew and one or both of his daughters.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Boy, this could be an excellent 'football pool'. Anyone want to make a $1 monopoly money bet on who/number/names of royals attending this wedding? ;-P
Old 10-25-2014, 02:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Boy, this could be an excellent 'football pool'. Anyone want to make a $1 monopoly money bet on who/number/names of royals attending this wedding? ;-P

I'll bet $1 Monopoly money that Andrew goes for the BRF, without any daughters.

I'll also bet $1 Monopoly money that no one from the Spanish RF attends.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think it will be any of QE/DoE's children that go...not many more moons/years for DoE. Perhaps one of Andrew's children ( HM's younger child's children...not much else to do). So I'll take that bet.
I think they will have no one from Spain either. They re very Catholic, so might well not attend this wedding. So we may have to split that purse!
Old 10-25-2014, 02:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I dont think it will be any of QE/DoE's children that go...not many more moons/years for DoE. Perhaps one of Andrew's children ( HM's younger child's children...not much else to do). So I'll take that bet.
I think they will have no one from Spain either. They re very Catholic, so might well not attend this wedding. So we may have to split that purse!
Ah but Andrew likes his foreign junkets. And I can't see Sarah passing on an opportunity for one of her girls to don a tiara and attend a foreign royal wedding. My monopoly money bet is on Andrew and at least one of his daughters.

Dutch and Belgians - neither W-A/Maxima nor Philippe/Mathilde will attend.

SRF - agree, probably not anyone.

Monaco - I'm betting that Albert and/or Charlene will attend.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Catholics can attend the wedding of non-Catholics so I'm not sure why the Spanish Royals wouldn't go?

I think someone from the BRF will go...and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Edward and Sophie.

Do Albert/Charlene normally attend all the weddings? Can't remember!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:19 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

No one from Spain attended Madeleine's wedding last year. That, coupled with the current situation in Spain and within the royal family, makes it unlikely anyone will attend Carl Philip's wedding. Nothing to do with their religion.

Albert, and recently Charlene, has largely been a fixture at most royal weddings in the heir generation. They both attended Victoria's wedding in 2010, and Charlene represented Monaco at Madeleine's. The Swedes in turn were out in force for Albert and Charlene's wedding in 2011 - all six (at the time) main players were there.

Here is the guest list from Madeleine's wedding. I'm guessing a similar turnout, royal-wise, at least for Carl Philip's. With the addition of Queen Margrethe of Denmark, as the groom's godmother.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

That wasn't what I was thinking. The Spanish RF didn't send anyone for Madeleine's wedding, so I don't think we can expect to see anyone - especially given the current size of the SRF. Given as technically the family is just Felipe, his wife and children, and his parents, it's easy to think that there might not be someone to send.

That said, I don't think the SRF can claim to be too Catholic to attend this wedding. One of the King's sisters is divorced, the other is facing criminal charges. His wife is divorced, and his father is known for having had a mistress.

Even if the SRF was without sin, in my opinion it isn't the place of any RF to boycott this wedding because they dislike Sofia's past. It's not their place to judge; this marriage has met the approval of the Swedish King and government, and foreign monarchs and governments shouldn't really be judging just because they don't approve of Sofia's past - particularly since it's a purely moral and not legal matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Here is the guest list from Madeleine's wedding. I'm guessing a similar turnout, royal-wise, at least for Carl Philip's. With the addition of Queen Margrethe of Denmark, as the groom's godmother.

Thank you for this.

I agree. I think with the exception of the British RF, we're going to see a similar turnout. I do think the Brits will send someone, it's just a case of who given the date conflict.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

There will definitely be a BRF represenation - they attended Madeleine's and she was the youngest child of the King. It will likely be Edward and Sophie as they always attend and since they attended the other two Swedish weddings it would make sense to send them. They can miss one Trooping for a wedding. They don't go every year. They didn't go in 2007 as Edward was in the Falklands and Sophie was pregnant, though it was not public knowledge at the time.

It's highly unlikely that Andrew would go given that his younger brother and wife have been doing the job for years. The role will fall to William and Catherine in due course, likely when Charles is King.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

Edward like Andrew doesn't have a Trooping the Color role unlike William, Charles, Anne, Philip or Duke of Kent who are royal colonels of Household Regiments.

It will be sometime for the next royal wedding since almost all of the next gen of continental royals are still kids.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
There will definitely be a BRF represenation - they attended Madeleine's and she was the youngest child of the King. It will likely be Edward and Sophie as they always attend and since they attended the other two Swedish weddings it would make sense to send them. They can miss one Trooping for a wedding. They don't go every year. They didn't go in 2007 as Edward was in the Falklands and Sophie was pregnant, though it was not public knowledge at the time.

It's highly unlikely that Andrew would go given that his younger brother and wife have been doing the job for years. The role will fall to William and Catherine in due course, likely when Charles is King.

Exactly. I'd be shocked if Edward and Sophie didn't go- they always represent the Queen at this type of function.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

It would definitely be a pleasure to see Prince Andrew, Duke of York and Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie attend Prince Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Majesty

I am about 99.9 per cent sure that the Duke of York will not attend the wedding. If it's not the Wessexes it might be Beatrice or Eugenie, or both.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:40 AM
Courtier

If not the D of Y, then I think the Kents will attend. Didn't they also represent the British Royals a few months ago. I can't remember where though.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Exactly. I'd be shocked if Edward and Sophie didn't go- they always represent the Queen at this type of function.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Edward like Andrew doesn't have a Trooping the Color role unlike William, Charles, Anne, Philip or Duke of Kent who are royal colonels of Household Regiments.

It will be sometime for the next royal wedding since almost all of the next gen of continental royals are still kids.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post

Edward is a Colonel-in-Chief of a regiment and as such is expected at the Trooping. Andrew is not, and therefore is available.

Harry, the Gloucesters, Prince and Princess Michael, Princess Alexandra, and the Yorks are also able to miss the Trooping.

To me, it seems most likely that either Andrew or Harry will go - Andrew is on the same level as Edward is, while Harry is of a comparable one. Neither Andrew nor Harry have duties to perform at the Trooping, therefore can miss it. I would bet on Andrew instead of Harry simply because he is a full time Royal who is not currently in the military, while Harry is only a part time Royal who is actually in the military right now and therefore it makes more sense for Andrew to go to the wedding and Harry to go to the trooping.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Weddings are often a great first "official outing" for a partner of a royal before they get engaged, so for the BRF i'm still betting on P.Beatrice *with* long-term partner Dave Clark

Maybe for Monaco Pierre Casiraghi with Beatrice Borromeo

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding