The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder if any of the new Monarchs and Consorts will attend of would for example Princess Beatrix represent the Dutch RF?
I sense there would be no major presence from the Dutch and the Spaniards

Old 10-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
BRF could send the Cambridges. They probably won't be doing anything.
IMO, it is important the Cambridge's do the balcony for Trooping, rather than the Wessex's.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder if any of the new Monarchs and Consorts will attend of would for example Princess Beatrix represent the Dutch RF?
Spain? Probably not, it seems to be their policy to keep glamour appearance down to a minimum as long as there's the crisis straggling their country.
Belgium? Not sure, there is quite an age gap between Philippe and CP and they're probably not very close.
Netherlands? I imagine that they would attend if their calendar allows. The king is said to be quite a good friend of Victoria, and probably is close to CP and Madeleine as well. It would be a good opportunity to catch up with the Skandinavian friends, and the Queen is not exactly known to shy away from tiara events . I hope that they'll make it!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Maybe it would be a good opportunity to send the 'spares': Constantijn, Elena and Laurent. But since neither family was represented at Madeleines wedding maybe they will stay away. Though this wedding is supposed to be on a larger scale of course.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Caroline could represent Monaco on behalf of her brother as she has done in the past.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Maybe it would be a good opportunity to send the 'spares': Constantijn, Elena and Laurent. But since neither family was represented at Madeleines wedding maybe they will stay away. Though this wedding is supposed to be on a larger scale of course.
If Infanta Elena went she wouldn't be representing Spain but as a guest since she's no longer a member of the SRF,I'm now thing that the Borbóns won't send a soul!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not all other RF's where attending P.Madeleine's wedding so i don't expect they will be now (ofcourse P.Victoria's wedding we can't compare in this aspect, as she is first in line to the throne and she has a lot of personal connections with other royals).
I expect representatives from Norway, Denmark for sure, Greece very likely and other than that... i really wouldn't be surprised if that was it "royalty-wise".

Oh, and P.Estelle as a flowergirl is a sure thing imo especially since she's also P.Carl-Philip's godchild (is she his only one?)
Old 10-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Oh, and P.Estelle as a flowergirl is a sure thing imo especially since she's also P.Carl-Philip's godchild (is she his only one?)
Estelle is quite young to be a flower girl. As far as I know, Carl Philip is the godfather to one of Patrick Sommerlath's twins Anais and Chloe, born 2008 (Madeleine is the godmother of the other twin). According to Svensk Damtidning Carl Philip is also the godfather of countess Bettina Bernadotte's son Emil, born 2005.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Estelle is quite young to be a flower girl. As far as I know, Carl Philip is the godfather to one of Patrick Sommerlath's twins Anais and Chloe, born 2008 (Madeleine is the godmother of the other twin). According to Svensk Damtidning Carl Philip is also the godfather of countess Bettina Bernadotte's son Emil, born 2005.
Thank you for the info, the twins seem a great age for the flower girls so they have plenty of choice if they go with flowergirls ofcourse, they might not
Old 10-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Andrew is the best to send as he hasn't anything to do with Trooping and could stop off in Belgium on the way back to attend the events around Waterloo while the rest of the family head to Runnymede and Ascot.
That would be a good idea. Maybe his daughters could go with him. That way we maybe have a tiny chance to see the famous antler facinator from the Cambridges wedding again - or some other silly facinator like Beatrice seems to like.

But I really think Sophie without Edward will be the most logical coice because the Wessexs always represented the BRF at weddings.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
That would be a good idea. Maybe his daughters could go with him. That way we maybe have a tiny chance to see the famous antler facinator from the Cambridges wedding again - or some other silly facinator like Beatrice seems to like.
No chance! The antler has been auctioned off for charity some time ago (and good riddance, imo, besides it gathered a handsome amount for a good cause). No other silly facinator either, because it probably won't be a morning wedding with hats and fascinators, but an afternoon wedding with tiaras.

Seeing the York tiara once again? I certainly wouldn't mind, but I don't see it happening yet.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Princess Estelle and Princess Leonore will attend the wedding, and if both or one of them will have a special "function".
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Nobility

Since Estelle was only 16 months old at the time of Madeleine's wedding and she attended that, then I think that she will be present at Carl Philip and Sofia's.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Courtier

I'm certain that Estelle and Leonore and other children from respective families will be at the church for the wedding. That's the Swedish way nowadays and I'm looking forward to pages up and pages down of yet another discussion about what a barbarous custom it is like after M and C's wedding. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

What will the wedding tiara?
Old 10-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I'm certain that Estelle and Leonore and other children from respective families will be at the church for the wedding. That's the Swedish way nowadays and I'm looking forward to pages up and pages down of yet another discussion about what a barbarous custom it is like after M and C's wedding. ��

That's a very clear-sighted forecast. Will we also have those discussions on walking-own-the-ailes again? Father or groom?
Old 10-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
What will the wedding tiara?
I hope she will wear the Connaugh tiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I'm certain that Estelle and Leonore and other children from respective families will be at the church for the wedding. That's the Swedish way nowadays and I'm looking forward to pages up and pages down of yet another discussion about what a barbarous custom it is like after M and C's wedding. 😉

Children belong at weddings, because weddings are family events and children belong to families. I don't get why there has to be big discussions about that.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Connaugh tiara is very beautiful and would be fine in Sofia.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Children belong at weddings, because weddings are family events and children belong to families. I don't get why there has to be big discussions about that.
I'm also hoping for the Connaught tiara, it's beautiful, romantic, and works well with a veil.

As for children at weddings, there seems to be a cultural devide. In most European countries people think that it's the most natural thing to bring their kids along and nobody cares if they behave a bit unruly. If I understood the discussion along the weddings of Victoria and Madeleine correctly, Americans leave their kids at home because it's considered rude to bring kids that would disturb the ceremony.

Imo, we should just accept that cultures vary, things can be done in different ways. And that is completely OK! No need to argue about it.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That's a very clear-sighted forecast. Will we also have those discussions on walking-own-the-ailes again? Father or groom?
Well, since both Victoria and Madeleine did variations on the 50/50 it is always possible that Sofia would want to do it too. But then again, wouldn't it be wonderful if they treated the world with a true Swedish Wedding.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding