The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts regarding the confirmed wedding date have been moved to the Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia thread - please continue that discussion there.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Nobility

Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist announce wedding date as 13 June 2015 - hellomagazine.com

I think Sofia will wear a lace dress.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope she wears a lace dress, too. I think she will be a beautiful bride whatever she chooses to wear.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess that makes BRF attendance very questionable as it takes place on the same day as Trooping the Colour.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I guess that makes BRF attendance very questionable as it takes place on the same day as Trooping the Colour.
I'm guessing the Wessex's, Kent's or Gloucester's.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm guessing the Wessex's, Kent's or Gloucester's.

Yea, I bet the Wessex couple goes. They hit all of these weddings and could probably be excused from Trooping the Colour.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Edward holds the Honourary Colonelcy in one of the regiments that participates in the Trooping which is why he rides in the parade as does the Duke of Kent (although he has travelled in a carriage since his stroke.

Andrew doesn't hold such a rank and so is available as are the Gloucester's.

Trooping is more important to the BRF than a foreign royal wedding of a younger child who isn't the future king (remember that Frederick only got Edward while Felipe scored Charles) so I don't see the Brits sending anyone too senior, if they send anyone at all given the fact that the Swedes would have known the date of the Trooping the Colour and deliberately chose a date that clashed (normally the royal houses don't do that so that everyone can attend each other's events).
Old 10-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Trooping is more important to the BRF than a foreign royal wedding of a younger child who isn't the future king (remember that Frederick only got Edward while Felipe scored Charles) so I don't see the Brits sending anyone too senior, if they send anyone at all given the fact that the Swedes would have known the date of the Trooping the Colour and deliberately chose a date that clashed

Wasn't Charles and Camilla supposed to have represented the BRF at Viktoria and Daniels wedding but had to send Edward and Sophie instead when Charles injured his foot or something?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Edward holds the Honourary Colonelcy in one of the regiments that participates in the Trooping which is why he rides in the parade as does the Duke of Kent (although he has travelled in a carriage since his stroke.

Interesting to note.

Quote:
Trooping is more important to the BRF than a foreign royal wedding of a younger child who isn't the future king (remember that Frederick only got Edward while Felipe scored Charles) so I don't see the Brits sending anyone too senior, if they send anyone at all given the fact that the Swedes would have known the date of the Trooping the Colour and deliberately chose a date that clashed (normally the royal houses don't do that so that everyone can attend each other's events).
Is it really possible to choose a date that will satisfy all contingencies? Makes me think that what some posters felt was a delay in announcing the date may be explained by all the considerations to be factored into a date. Must not be easy.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

Is it really possible to choose a date that will satisfy all contingencies? Makes me think that what some posters felt was a delay in announcing the date may be explained by all the considerations to be factored into a date. Must not be easy.

I wouldn't think it would be necessarily that hard, especially when you're deciding the date so far in advance.

Every RF has their annual events, but I would assume that by now every RF knows the dates for everyone else's annual events. What's more is that it's not like every weekend has an annual event. Most weekends don't have any annual events at all.

I doubt that they chose this date with the intention of snubbing the BRF though. Didn't CP say that it was a date of significance to him and Sofia? To me that makes it seem like it was more of a decision between them than one from the official schedule keepers.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I completely agree. It must be a pain in the arse to find a date that suits everyone – I'm glad it's not my job.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I wouldn't think it would be necessarily that hard, especially when you're deciding the date so far in advance.

Every RF has their annual events, but I would assume that by now every RF knows the dates for everyone else's annual events. What's more is that it's not like every weekend has an annual event. Most weekends don't have any annual events at all.

I doubt that they chose this date with the intention of snubbing the BRF though. Didn't CP say that it was a date of significance to him and Sofia? To me that makes it seem like it was more of a decision between them than one from the official schedule keepers.
He did say that and thinking that this date was deliberately chosen to snub the BRF is - IMO - looking for things that aren't there. One can't hold literally everything into account, even when planning a date so far in advance.
Who can attend will and who can't won't or will send a representative. It's not like they will be left with nothing.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:

I still think that if the BRF are represented, it will be the Wessex's.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

The British have a huge week without the wedding - Trooping (13th), 800th anniversary of Magna Carta (15th) and the 200th anniversary of Waterloo (18 - 21st) and Ascot from the 16th - 20th so the Swedish wedding would be down the rankings of where royals would be going.

I am not sure that Edward's regiment would like him to missing Trooping for the wedding of a minor foreign royal rather than attending the one event during the year when they actually rate on the national stage - as people always ask 'why is Edward wearing a uniform etc etc? and so this event allows for the education of people about Edward's regiment and they appreciate it.

Andrew is the best to send as he hasn't anything to do with Trooping and could stop off in Belgium on the way back to attend the events around Waterloo while the rest of the family head to Runnymede and Ascot.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Serene Highness

I would think Sophie could go on her own without Edward.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder if any of the new Monarchs and Consorts will attend of would for example Princess Beatrix represent the Dutch RF?
Old 10-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I would think Sophie could go on her own without Edward.
BRF could send the Cambridges. They probably won't be doing anything.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder if any of the new Monarchs and Consorts will attend of would for example Princess Beatrix represent the Dutch RF?
The reason that Queen Beatrix did attend the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria was that she was her godparent. That was the same reason why the Queen did attend Victoria's confirmation: http://royauxsuedois.r.o.pic.centerb...sydb96cf_1.jpg Such a special relationship is missing with Prince Carl Philip.

Queen Margrethe II of Danmark, his aunt Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Prince Leopold of Bavaria are the still living godparents of Prince Carl Philip and will for sure attend. From the Dutch royal family I guess that Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien will attend the wedding.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
BRF could send the Cambridges. They probably won't be doing anything.

I guess Kate will be in maternity leave
Old 10-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

I am more interested in the complete picture of the royal guests, I don't really see why the BRF is so important in who they will send.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding