The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

She's 2rd tier if you take her position from relation to HM. HM, Andrew, Bea.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm wondering who will represent Spain now that Felipe is King? On the other hand its quite possible that there will be no Spanish presence at Carl Philips wedding as with Princess Madeleine's.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Then i will drop the subject because then i *really* don't understand why you keep comparing the three couples

On another note: for some reason i have a feeling that there might be a new batch of royal repesentatives as guest: for instance P.Beatrice for the BRF?
From the dutch RF i think it might be P.Constantijn or P.Maurits.
I keep comparing them because it was so easy for Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine and Chris - they announced their wedding date a month and two months after the engagement. They didn't make a big fuss about their wedding date and keep the press waiting. This isn't a matter of life, how difficult it is to make the decision?
Old 10-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Courtier

Maybe it's not the decission of Carl Philip and Sofia but the decission of the court / king when the date is made public. Maybe Carl Philip and Sofia do want to make the date public but aren't allowed yet due to whantever reason. But whatever the reason is, it's just a date. The world doesn't stop if they wait a while longer to announce it and it's just everyone being extremly nosy around here why all this fruitless discussions take place around here.

Take a breath everyone and cool down. We all will know soon enough when we have to switch on our TVs.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Courtier

It's funny how some people here thinks they know more than the Swedish Royal Family and Court and that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia must always act the same way as his sisters.

I wonder how this people will react if Prince Carl Philip and Sofia doesn't name their children Estelle and Leonore.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^Agree. I find it quite hilarious that such fervor is exhibited by some for a wedding date of people they don't even know. There's always a possibility that it won't be televised, just in case it's a strip-tease wedding (tic).
Old 10-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, for one thing i hope we get to see some weddingguests with a creative dresssense; it's always fun to discuss the "best and worse" outfits :-)
(was just thinking of dutch P.Mabel's skirt-pants from P.Victoria's wedding, hence the thought )
Old 10-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, to some people, CP and Sofia are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think there's a specific reason why they haven't announced it yet, but I still don't get the fuss. They're going to marry at some point that isn't in the near future – why is that so troubling?

Old 10-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Edward and Sophie most certainly attended Madeleine and Christopher's wedding. They actually arrived with Princess Charlène (perhaps a hint of their closeness? I would love to see Sophie as godmother of one of the twins).

Seeing as Madeleine is further down the line of succession than CP, I think it's relatively safe to assume that Edward and Sophie will attend CP and Sofia's wedding as well.

Ah OK, thanks for the information. Even though I had watched it live, I seem to have forgotten a lot of what went on at Madeleine and Chris's wedding. After having read your post, I think it's rather likely that we will see Edward and Sophie at Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
She's 2rd tier if you take her position from relation to HM. HM, Andrew, Bea.
Tier 1 HM and Spouse
Tier 2 the CP and Spouse
Tier 3 Younger children of HM and Spouse or Children of the CP
Tier 4 Children of younger childer of HM

JMHO of course!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Several posts have been removed as they do not contribute anything constructive to the thread. Please keep sarcastic and snippy comments to private correspondence if you wish to make them repeatedly.

Also, keep in mind one of the forum's rules - comparisons between royals are not looked upon favourably by the moderating team.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Tier 1 HM and Spouse
Tier 2 the CP and Spouse
Tier 3 Younger children of HM and Spouse or Children of the CP
Tier 4 Children of younger childer of HM

JMHO of course!
I agree with you take on things Scooter. This seems to be the way with most royal houses, not just the UK.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'm wondering who will represent Spain now that Felipe is King? On the other hand its quite possible that there will be no Spanish presence at Carl Philips wedding as with Princess Madeleine's.
Good question. My first guess might be Elena if the King and Queen do not attend.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Good question. My first guess might be Elena if the King and Queen do not attend.
i doubt if the king will attend, with minor doubts about sofia - maybe elena will attend as a sign of courtesy, but i doubt she's very close to CP. i think it's highly unlikely that felipe and letizia attend.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-22-2014, 03:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I highly doubt that anyone will attend from the Spanish Royal Family.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Did anyone from the Spanish RF attend Madeline and Chris's wedding?
Old 10-22-2014, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Did anyone from the Spanish RF attend Madeline and Chris's wedding?
No, nobody.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well if nobody went to the Madeline/Chris wedding from the SRF then I think we can assume that no Spanish royals will be attending the wedding of CP and Sofia, and if they don't, it'll have nothing to do with the SRF's opinion of Sofia.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Well if nobody went to the Madeline/Chris wedding from the SRF then I think we can assume that no Spanish royals will be attending the wedding of CP and Sofia, and if they don't, it'll have nothing to do with the SRF's opinion of Sofia.
Exactly my opinion! In that case it would only have to do with the SRF itself.

Usually it is that younger generation who attends the weddings (unless for the very high-profile CP weddings), but the Princess of Asturias is too young. Christina is out of the running for obvious reasons, the King and Queen most likely are busy with loads of other things, Juan Carlos hasn't gone to weddings for ages... maybe Sofia and Elena would go if they have not other obligations.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I'm thinking that either Queen Sofia will go or there will be no one.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding