The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 08:07 AM
Majesty

CP said that they already have a date which is "very dear to them" but they won't reveal it just now... (i'll bet the 27th June)

Prins Carl Philip var öppen mot Hellenius | Nöje | Expressen

Old 10-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

What possible purpose is served by not announcing the date? I feel sure the Swedish tourism industry gets a bump during a royal wedding and would appreciate knowing the date!

Old 10-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
What possible purpose is served by not announcing the date? I feel sure the Swedish tourism industry gets a bump during a royal wedding and would appreciate knowing the date!
Maybe they just want to be egoistic for a while longer and keep their date for themselves for a while longer, just like some couples don't scream it to the world that they're expecting a minute after their home test showed positiv? That's purpose enough for me and even though I want to know the date also, I can accept it if they want to hold their date a secret a while longer. There's absolutely no harm done, because the tourism industry will get into the wedding hype soon enough. They can manage a few weeks more of waiting.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Majesty

Since he was participating in a tv program where,( let's face it, you want visibility or pr for bad or good reasons,) he should have lied and said there was not date because I don't see the point in this...
Old 10-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Courtier

And I don't see a point in lying. There is a date and I'm the progress is in full swing behind the scenes. What should it matter if some strangers that aren't involved in the least in this wedding know the date or don't. It would have caused more negativity if he would have lied and it later would come in the open that he lied. Giving a true information but holding something back is way better for his reputation than lying about it.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
And I don't see a point in lying. There is a date and I'm the progress is in full swing behind the scenes. What should it matter if some strangers that aren't involved in the least in this wedding know the date or don't. It would have caused more negativity if he would have lied and it later would come in the open that he lied. Giving a true information but holding something back is way better for his reputation than lying about it.
we'll agree to disagree then... no problem
Old 10-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Maybe they just want to be egoistic for a while longer and keep their date for themselves for a while longer, just like some couples don't scream it to the world that they're expecting a minute after their home test showed positiv? That's purpose enough for me and even though I want to know the date also, I can accept it if they want to hold their date a secret a while longer. There's absolutely no harm done, because the tourism industry will get into the wedding hype soon enough. They can manage a few weeks more of waiting.
But a few weeks can be a jolly nuisance for people who are planning their holidays for that period. If they have a date fixed, I don't understand why they don't share it. It will still be very dear to the couple. Why does keeping it secret from the public make it any more dear?
Old 10-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Indeed. It makes no sense IMHO.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Keeping the fact of the engagement to themselves, or a baby to themselves as a special secret makes sense. But announcing the engagement, and then setting a date and keeping that bit a secret does not, unless they are eloping.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems like since they have a date, it'll be announced very soon. I think Carl Philip is leaving it to the palace to announce it. He's also trying to keep up some suspense for the wedding. It makes no sense to keep it off this long.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-20-2014, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It seems like since they have a date, it'll be announced very soon. I think Carl Philip is leaving it to the palace to announce it. He's also trying to keep up some suspense for the wedding. It makes no sense to keep it off this long.
Maybe the Palace has told the couple the date will be announced on a specific moment (for whatever reason) and they have complied themselves with this and agreed to do this "the official way" and not through the press (and maybe the couple actually would like to publish the date, but can't because they promised to wait for the official announcement)
Old 10-20-2014, 01:26 AM
Serene Highness

When that darn *date* is announced then the world can breath a sigh of relief and then we go to the next round, what is she wearing and whom...
Old 10-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Maybe the Palace has told the couple the date will be announced on a specific moment (for whatever reason) and they have complied themselves with this and agreed to do this "the official way" and not through the press (and maybe the couple actually would like to publish the date, but can't because they promised to wait for the official announcement)
And why the Palace would want to give this special treatment to Carl Philip and Sofia, when they didn't give it to Victoria and Madeleine? Of course the Palace will give an official press release of the date and place. I'm sure that Carl Philip and Sofia love this waiting game, the press is writing and people in the forums are speculating.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:21 AM
Nobility

It amazes me how every tiny little thing with this couple becomes a contest comparing it with Victoria and Madeleine. People go out of their way to see every minute difference as a slight against their favourite Swedish royal. Why does it have to be that way?

Like it or not, this pairing is different to that of CP's siblings. Given Sofia's background and the controversy it generates, this is a relationship that's going to need more overt support from the other royals. That wasn't the case for the other two weddings. I'm no great fan of this couple, but even I can see why things will have to be done somewhat differently this time.

Maybe they choose not to announce the date yet because it's not 100% locked down? Maybe they're just waiting to check that something can definitely be re-arranged or moved before they finally announce it?
Old 10-20-2014, 03:39 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe they already have a date and are checking with the neighbour Royal Houses, whether the date fits into THEIR diaries first, before they are announcing it?
BYe Bine
Old 10-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ I am not really expecting a huge showing from the other royal families. CP is 5th in line for the throne (pretty far down the food chain), and Ms Helqvist's personal history is such that many other royal families, especially the more conservative ones, might find her extremely unsuitable and highly unlikely to stick it out in the long run. As such, they may find 'scheduling conflicts' regardless of what date is chosen.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^I have no personal insight into either CP or Sofia, but I kind of think they would not give a rat's patootie if other snooty, hootie royals were busy on their day.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
^ I am not really expecting a huge showing from the other royal families. CP is 5th in line for the throne (pretty far down the food chain), and Ms Helqvist's personal history is such that many other royal families, especially the more conservative ones, might find her extremely unsuitable and highly unlikely to stick it out in the long run. As such, they may find 'scheduling conflicts' regardless of what date is chosen.
There's an enormous difference between being conservative and forever being trapped in the past, unable to see that people can change. Also, the European Sovereign Families are all Christians, so I suppose they believe in repentance and forgiveness, unlike some false moralists we see everywhere.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
1. Carl Philip is 3rd in line for the throne

2. Sofia isn't that low that other royals should show her the cold shoulder. There are a lot of other royal families with non-fairytale brides in the past. Even in the conservativ royal families such as Spain (Letizia being a divorced woman? You remember?). I'm sure if there is royalty invited there will be royalty showing up and not provoking a scandal like a lot of anonymous users of sommunities hope for.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have a theory as to why the date has not been announced; they do not want to be overshadowed by another family member(s), so they are waiting until things are all ironed out.

PM me for more info - I am being coy on purpose.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding