The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Nobility

I think that the traditional Bernadotte wedding date, 19 June, is out of the picture. Next year that is Midsummer Eve, I guess it wouldn't be so popular with the wedding at that day. And I think that the date is too connected with both the royal couple and crown princess couple.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

As long as it is an afternoon wedding with tiaras, I am happy....
Bye Bine

Old 06-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
As long as it is an afternoon wedding with tiaras, I am happy....
Bye Bine
Same here! I want some serious tiara watching, no matter whether I like the bride or not. But I'd say the chances are good, since afternoon weddings seem to be the standard in the SRF.

They will probably choose a Saturday in June. It's their traditional wedding month, probably because the chance for good weather is high, not as many midges as in August, and those endless Skandinavian summer days around mid summer must be quite inviting as well.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

It will defenitely be on a Saturday but I'm not that sure it will be in June. 19:th June is out of the question as it is a friday and midsummer eve. Likewise 20:th June as it is midsummer day and most people are away at their countryside homes. 27:th June is too late as most people (and royal families) have started their vacation by then. Maybe a wedding at Öland would work on a midsummer day but in Stockholm most people are away.
And 6:th June is the national day in Sweden when the whole royal family have lots of others engagements.
So the wedding might very well be in May. And this year we have had much better weather in May than in June. Almost the whole June has been like a bad February in Sweden.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Aristocracy

I'd like to start sending congratulation cards to various Royals on their big accomplishments/life-changes etc. C-P and Sofia's engagement is the first occassion, so does anyone know the address where should I send the card for them?
Old 07-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalNight View Post
I'd like to start sending congratulation cards to various Royals on their big accomplishments/life-changes etc. C-P and Sofia's engagement is the first occassion, so does anyone know the address where should I send the card for them?
H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist
Royal Palace
107 70 Stockholm

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...8f1d29469.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist
Royal Palace
107 70 Stockholm

Engagement between Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Thank you!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

We need a night time/evening royal wedding
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I would be willing to bet heavily that this will be an afternoon ceremony/evening reception wedding - like Victoria's and Madeleine's, and all other Scandinavian monarchies. They love their bling, and they love their parties

No wedding breakfasts for them.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe Carl Philip and Sofia will be married at Saint Nikolai kyrka (Storkyrkan).
A cathedral wedding is a lovely wedding!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Courtier

How long does it usually take for a Wedding Date to be announced?

Is the designer of the Royal Wedding Dress usually kept secret?

I understand bridesmaids are kept a secret?

Will they get to drive around the town in an open carriage?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
How long does it usually take for a Wedding Date to be announced?

Is the designer of the Royal Wedding Dress usually kept secret?

I understand bridesmaids are kept a secret?

Will they get to drive around the town in an open carriage?
Victoria and Daniel got engaged on 24th February 2009, and the wedding date was announced on 23th March 2009.
Madeleine and Chris got engaged on 25th October 2012, and the wedding date was announced on 23th December 2012.
Victoria's wedding dress designer was revealed after Victoria had walked to the Stockholm Cathedral to her wedding.
Madeleine's wedding dress designer was revealed a day before the wedding.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Majesty

> I think the wedding will follow the afternoon / evening pattern, with tiaras.

> I do hope Sofia is given a new tiara as a present from the King and Queen. This can be used predominantly used by her, juist as the modern fringe is largely used by Maddy

> I think the Queen will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure

> I hope Victoria wears the Baden fringe, which she has not worn for some time, or the Connaught, with the Napoleanic emerald demi-parure

> I think Maddy will probably wear the modern fringe again
Old 07-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I could see Prince Carl Philip wear a formal suit in blue made with a beautiful superfine fabric.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
27:th June is too late as most people (and royal families) have started their vacation by then. .
Albert and Charlene were married on July 2nd and many royals attended so I do not think June 27 is too late and it is exactly a year from their engagement.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen speculated yesterday again that Carl Philip and Sofia could get married in Öland. They have been earlier seen visiting the Gärdslösa and Räpplinge churches. Margareta Thorgren from the press department said that nothing has been decided and the planning will get started in the autumn.
Princess Margaretha got married in Gärdslösa church. It has room for 210 people.
Här kan Sofia och prinsen säga ja Nyheter Expressen

At Victoria's wedding at the church were over 700 guests and at Madeleine's wedding about 400.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that we'll see many royals at this wedding. Probably 3-4 Scandinavians only. And no British royals at all, not even the Wessexes.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I don't think that we'll see many royals at this wedding. Probably 3-4 Scandinavians only. And no British royals at all, not even the Wessexes.

I'd be very surprised if the Wessex family doesn't come, and I imagine the Danish CP family, the Norwegian CP family, and the normal cast that appeared at Madeline's wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-23-2014, 02:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Why do you think that? At P.Madeleine's wedding there were several royals, so if P.Carl-Philip has a similar size wedding, why would it be different?
Or are you projecting your own feelings for Sofia into this statement?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Why do you think that? At P.Madeleine's wedding there were several royals, so if P.Carl-Philip has a similar size wedding, why would it be different?
Or are you projecting your own feelings for Sofia into this statement?
It wouldn't surprise me with some people. As if they don't want to "give" them a big (proper) wedding.
If Victoria's wedding had, as stated before, over 700 guests and Madeleine's had about 400 - then, looking from the angle of the succession - I think it would be fair if Carl Philip's amount of wedding guests is somewhere between that number.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding