The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #341  
Old 10-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Some how I don't see the Sisters discussing getting pregnant with anyone other than their husbands. It is a private matter wedding or not.
You're right, but if one of them would be heavily pregnant by the time of the wedding, the pregnancy would already have been made public by Christmas, I think was what Xenobia meant.
__________________

  #342  
Old 10-09-2014, 10:19 AM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
You're right, but if one of them would be heavily pregnant by the time of the wedding, the pregnancy would already have been made public by Christmas, I think was what Xenobia meant.
Totally correct, that's what I meant. Pregnancies can't be scheduled, but weddings can. It wouldn't surprise me if they have several dates - from may to august - that they could use.

Let's say that Madeleine is pregnant and due in may. That might be a reason to schedule the wedding for july or august, so that she can be there. If none of the sisters are pregnant around christmas, it's safe to schedule the wedding for may or june.
__________________

  #343  
Old 10-09-2014, 10:21 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Sorry, but waiting if maybe one of his sisters is pregnant by christmas is idiotic in my eyes. Both of them know that their brother wants to marry next summer. And both of them know that being heavily pregnant could bust everything for him and his bride. So IMO Victoria and Madeleine along with their husbands should do everything to not get pregnant right now. In this case the princesses and their husbands should arrange their lifes around their brothers and their future sister-in-laws wedding plans. Not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Totally correct, that's what I meant. Pregnancies can't be scheduled, but weddings can. It wouldn't surprise me if they have several dates - from may to august - that they could use.

Let's say that Madeleine is pregnant and due in may. That might be a reason to schedule the wedding for july or august, so that she can be there. If none of the sisters are pregnant around christmas, it's safe to schedule the wedding for may or june.
Correction! Pregnancies can be scheduled. It's called birth control.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #344  
Old 10-09-2014, 10:30 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Sorry, but waiting if maybe one of his sisters is pregnant by christmas is idiotic in my eyes. Both of them know that their brother wants to marry next summer. And both of them know that being heavily pregnant could bust everything for him and his bride. So IMO Victoria and Madeleine along with their husbands should do everything to not get pregnant right now. In this case the princesses and their husbands should arrange their lifes around their brothers and their future sister-in-laws wedding plans. Not the other way around.



Correction! Pregnancies can be scheduled. It's called birth control.
Victoria has so much age, that if she wants to get pregnant, she shouldn't in any case think about her brothers wedding. Hers and Daniel's child/children come first.

The sooner Carl Philip and Sofia tell the wedding date and the place, the less the press and media has to speculate for. And because it seems that they both enjoy to be at the media very much, the longer they delay the news, the more the press can write and speculate. And ask about it every time from Margareta Thorgren, when she comments something regarding the royal family. And Thorgren must comment it. And the press writes.
When the date and the place are told, it tells already quite a lot about the wedding.
  #345  
Old 10-09-2014, 10:32 AM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 572
You can schedule NOT being pregnant by using birth control. That's correct (even if there's no such thing as a 100% safe). But you can't schedule when a pregnancy actually will happen.

We can't know for sure, but it's quite likely that at least one of the sisters is interested in getting pregnant again, and trying. I'm childfree by choice myself, but I still think that pregnancies are more important than weddings. We have to agree to disagree about that one.
  #346  
Old 10-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,469
Pregnancies has nothing to do with announcing a wedding date.

My guess is the date is being planned out as we speak. The King and Queen and all the other royals scheduals will be planned around the wedding date.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
  #347  
Old 10-09-2014, 10:50 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria has so much age, that if she wants to get pregnant, she shouldn't in any case think about her brothers wedding. Hers and Daniel's child/children come first.

The sooner Carl Philip and Sofia tell the wedding date and the place, the less the press and media has to speculate for. And because it seems that they both enjoy to be at the media very much, the longer they delay the news, the more the press can write and speculate. And ask about it every time from Margareta Thorgren, when she comments something regarding the royal family. And Thorgren must comment it. And the press writes.
When the date and the place are told, it tells already quite a lot about the wedding.
I agree, that everyone should decide for themselves if and when they want to have children. But I disagree that Victorias and Daniels children come first. In this case the wedding comes first and if Victoria or Madeleine is heavily pregnant by then (by accident I'm sure because I highly doubt it that both of them want to take the spotlight from their only brother on his wedding day) then both of them have to live with the fact that their pregnancy isn't the most important event on this day. Like I said, it's Carl Philips and Sofias big day and their wedding shouldn't be arrange around baby plans of his sisters. Both sisters could wait a few month. Because if none of them is pregnant right now both of them should use birth control at least until the end of the year to be sure to NOT be heavily pregnant at the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
You can schedule NOT being pregnant by using birth control. That's correct (even if there's no such thing as a 100% safe). But you can't schedule when a pregnancy actually will happen.

We can't know for sure, but it's quite likely that at least one of the sisters is interested in getting pregnant again, and trying. I'm childfree by choice myself, but I still think that pregnancies are more important than weddings. We have to agree to disagree about that one.
I'm 100% sure that both of them want another child, but like I said above I'm also sure none of them would be so egoistic as to bust their brothers wedding by having a baby at the same time. Accidents can still happen, but in this case the wedding is more important than babies, because the wedding is announced already. So both princesses know better to not get pregnant right now which they definitely can control.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #348  
Old 10-09-2014, 11:35 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
I agree, that everyone should decide for themselves if and when they want to have children. But I disagree that Victorias and Daniels children come first. In this case the wedding comes first and if Victoria or Madeleine is heavily pregnant by then (by accident I'm sure because I highly doubt it that both of them want to take the spotlight from their only brother on his wedding day) then both of them have to live with the fact that their pregnancy isn't the most important event on this day. Like I said, it's Carl Philips and Sofias big day and their wedding shouldn't be arrange around baby plans of his sisters. Both sisters could wait a few month. Because if none of them is pregnant right now both of them should use birth control at least until the end of the year to be sure to NOT be heavily pregnant at the wedding.



I'm 100% sure that both of them want another child, but like I said above I'm also sure none of them would be so egoistic as to bust their brothers wedding by having a baby at the same time. Accidents can still happen, but in this case the wedding is more important than babies, because the wedding is announced already. So both princesses know better to not get pregnant right now which they definitely can control.
I have to disagree. The wedding has not been scheduled yet, so can easily be planned around any potential pregnancy by Victoria. As she gets older, time will run out for Daniel and her. A few months here or there should make no difference to C-P and Sofia.
  #349  
Old 10-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 5,159
I doubt that Madeleine is planning second child already, Leonore is still very little...
But...Everything can happen.
As for birth control...Even pills are not 100% effective...
  #350  
Old 10-09-2014, 12:13 PM
MoonShadow123's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ..., United Kingdom
Posts: 281
I agree totally with Biri, Leonore is only just coming up for 8 months old, therefore I doubt that Madeleine would even consider trying to have another child yet. The earliest Victoria and Daniel may have another baby will be late summer 2015.

To be honest I think it is best not to speculate too much about any potential pregnancies and at the end of the day it is a couples business if they have any children or not and how many.
  #351  
Old 10-09-2014, 03:29 PM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 572
My main point wasn't to focus on potential pregnancies, but it's kind of hard to avoid when I think that it might be a reason why we won't get an official wedding date until after christmas. But if I'm wrong, and we have an announcement of the date before that, I don't mind at all :)
  #352  
Old 10-09-2014, 03:48 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
I'm sure there is a date already but they have to organise a lot of basics now before they can make the date official.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #353  
Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
I agree, that everyone should decide for themselves if and when they want to have children. But I disagree that Victorias and Daniels children come first. In this case the wedding comes first and if Victoria or Madeleine is heavily pregnant by then (by accident I'm sure because I highly doubt it that both of them want to take the spotlight from their only brother on his wedding day) then both of them have to live with the fact that their pregnancy isn't the most important event on this day. Like I said, it's Carl Philips and Sofias big day and their wedding shouldn't be arrange around baby plans of his sisters. Both sisters could wait a few month. Because if none of them is pregnant right now both of them should use birth control at least until the end of the year to be sure to NOT be heavily pregnant at the wedding.



I'm 100% sure that both of them want another child, but like I said above I'm also sure none of them would be so egoistic as to bust their brothers wedding by having a baby at the same time. Accidents can still happen, but in this case the wedding is more important than babies, because the wedding is announced already. So both princesses know better to not get pregnant right now which they definitely can control.
Children are more important than wedding. You can not order them from online shop. You will never know will you become pregnant again or later.
There is nothing egoistic if Victoria (or Madeleine) wants to have a child right now. Carl Philip would be egoistic if he would want to prevent her sisters to get pregnant because of his wedding. Pregnant women can attend a wedding. And if either should be pregnant and give birth just before the wedding, she can stay out of the wedding and watch it from TV. It doesn't ruin Carl Philip's and Sofia's wedding. Or at least it shouldn't, everyone in the family should be happy about that.
  #354  
Old 10-09-2014, 05:21 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Children are more important than wedding. You can not order them from online shop. You will never know will you become pregnant again or later.
There is nothing egoistic if Victoria (or Madeleine) wants to have a child right now. Carl Philip would be egoistic if he would want to prevent her sisters to get pregnant because of his wedding. Pregnant women can attend a wedding. And if either should be pregnant and give birth just before the wedding, she can stay out of the wedding and watch it from TV. It doesn't ruin Carl Philip's and Sofia's wedding. Or at least it shouldn't, everyone in the family should be happy about that.
I partly disagree. Carl Philip and Sofia have their right to marry and this is not egoistic if they would marry when either Victoria or Madeleine or both would be pregnant. They could attend the wedding (My best friend and witness gave birth one week after our civil wedding).

It is the big day of Carl Philip and Sofia and it should be only their day and not the day of Victoria, Madeleine or other parts of the SRF.

I think that the SRF should continue with their plannings for the wedding, if the sisters are pregnant or not. BTW I don't believe that Madeleine would like to get pregnant soon.
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #355  
Old 10-09-2014, 09:51 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 2,857
Annais and Chloe Sommerlath could be flower girls.
  #356  
Old 10-10-2014, 01:14 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
. . . . . Correction! Pregnancies can be scheduled. It's called birth control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
You can schedule NOT being pregnant by using birth control. That's correct (even if there's no such thing as a 100% safe). But you can't schedule when a pregnancy actually will happen.
You can do the best you can but the pill has an approximate 7% failure rate and condoms 12%. So failures notwithstanding, you can "schedule" not getting pregnant.

However, scheduling a pregnancy is much more problematic. It can take weeks, months or years to achieve.

The notion that pregnancies planned by Victoria or Madeleine impact the planning of Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding is a wee bit of a stretch!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #357  
Old 10-10-2014, 02:33 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
I'm sure there is a date already but they have to organise a lot of basics now before they can make the date official.
i agree, they must have a date (at least in mind) but probably want to make sure everything is set before announcing it.
Suppose it's somewhere in May or June it's probably early enough to announce the date in late december or january?
  #358  
Old 10-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
I can not for the love of heaven believe what I am reading here, some of you think that the world stops just so PCP and SH can get married........what the h..............is that? CPC and his bride can get married anytime they want and so what if his sisters are going to have babies in the future.........birth control..........where are the brains of someone who thinks that V/M should use birth control just so their brother can have them at the wedding.........I have never heard such garbage in my life. Life for V/M will continue before and after the wedding........and if they have big bellies so what? PCP is not the heir, he rarely does anything in the way of working for the people of Sweden, he races cars and loses, he parties, he is not the savior of the family for goodness sake..........what age group thinks he is the best of the family? Okay done, you heard my rant.........got it off the chest and still can't believe what I have read...........
  #359  
Old 10-10-2014, 02:52 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
You can do the best you can but the pill has an approximate 7% failure rate and condoms 12%. So failures notwithstanding, you can "schedule" not getting pregnant.
This reminded me of that scene between Ross and Rachel in the series 'Friends' (from my childhood - or my teens ). It's priceless!

Friends - HD - Rachel Tells Ross She Is Pregnant
  #360  
Old 10-10-2014, 04:05 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
I can not for the love of heaven believe what I am reading here, some of you think that the world stops just so PCP and SH can get married........what the h..............is that? CPC and his bride can get married anytime they want and so what if his sisters are going to have babies in the future.........birth control..........where are the brains of someone who thinks that V/M should use birth control just so their brother can have them at the wedding.........I have never heard such garbage in my life. Life for V/M will continue before and after the wedding........and if they have big bellies so what? PCP is not the heir, he rarely does anything in the way of working for the people of Sweden, he races cars and loses, he parties, he is not the savior of the family for goodness sake..........what age group thinks he is the best of the family? Okay done, you heard my rant.........got it off the chest and still can't believe what I have read...........
I only wrote what I wrote because someone wrote, that maybe they wait with announcing a date because one of his sisters could be pregnant. I don't think they shouldn't be pregnant at the wedding. For me it's totally unimportant how their bellies look like at the wedding. I just wanted to say that I don't think PCP and Sofia should arrange their days arround the hypotetical baby plans of his sisters but around only around their own lifes. They shouldn't wait until after it's sure that neither V nor M is pregnant to search and announce a date. That wouldn't be fair to PCP and S. That's all I meant after someone brought up the idea of PCP and S having to wait fpr a date until after it's sure that there are no pregnancies. So please cool down, okay.
__________________

__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 480 07-30-2011 09:59 AM
Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 5605 04-29-2011 07:00 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events diana duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall daytime fashion dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria 39th birthday princess victoria hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stewart succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises