The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
But didn't the palace said "summer in 2015"? So at least we know it's not going to be a winter wedding
Yes, at the press release it is said that the wedding is planned to be during the summer 2015.
Engagement between Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 10-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

so I guess June is the safest choice... and as many member has said it before the 27th would be a likely one...

Old 10-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I think we need a wedding date before we can speculate about the carriage. If it is a winter wedding, I would highly doubt the horse drawn carriage would be used. Also, if it was good enough for the crown princess not to go to her wedding in a carriage, I would think the car would be good enough for the former Miss Slitz.
Former being the operative word.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think we need a wedding date before we can speculate about the carriage. If it is a winter wedding, I would highly doubt the horse drawn carriage would be used. Also, if it was good enough for the crown princess not to go to her wedding in a carriage, I would think the car would be good enough for the former Miss Slitz.
It's Carl Philips and Sofias wedding and if they decide on a carriage it's okay. It doesn't matter what Carl Philips sisters did at their wedding. They also made their own decisions because it was right for them. And the same should hold true for Carl Philip and Sofia, no matter what the past of the bride was. The past is over. Sofia has made a big step forward from being what she was 5, 6 or 7 years ago. We should let the past be the past already and finally give her a fresh start. Because in my eyes she really worked for it. She isn't the same person anymore that she was years ago.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But at the Wedding of Infanta Elena it was possible to walk from the Royal Alcazar to the Cathedral. I have seen the Video of the Wedding and they had also walk along some corners with a long train and it was possible.
That was one of the best royal weddings I ever saw (thanks to Phoenix TV). That immense cathedral and glorious Sevilla were a perfect setting for a wedding of an Infanta de Espaņa.

As Prince Carl Philip is the former Crown Prince and will continue the male lineage of the Bernadotte dynasty, he will for sure have a truly royal wedding too.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
As Prince Carl Philip is the former Crown Prince and will continue the male lineage of the Bernadotte dynasty, he will for sure have a truly royal wedding too.
IMO, irrespective of whether he was briefly CP, he will have a big royal wedding, just as his sisters.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Interesting speculation!
Old 10-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well, we need to talk about something to kill the time before the wedding details are announced!
This wedding may well have its own formula and be unlike Victoria's or Madeleine's weddings. Who know, Carl-Philip may end up driving the two of then to church in a sports car!
Some people may not realize that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia may marry Swedish style or UK/US style.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Former being the operative word.
Really? You feel better about it because she is the FORMER miss slitz rther than the current one? ;-/
Old 10-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ready for wedding
35 weeks still...
SDT1442_HiResFiles(1)

And where did Svensk Damtidning get these 35 weeks?
Old 10-08-2014, 06:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Ready for wedding
35 weeks still...
SDT1442_HiResFiles(1)

And where did Svensk Damtidning get these 35 weeks?
Exactly. Do they have a date?
Old 10-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

mmm 35... tha means mid-june...the 13th?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Really? You feel better about it because she is the FORMER miss slitz rther than the current one? ;-/
Being kind of "rogue", I've always liked Sofia. Her past is her past, as is yours, mine and everyone else's. I shall not be baited.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:06 AM
Serene Highness

Even though I agree with your comment, the past of each of us shows the character and type of person of each of us..........our decisions in life really show the kind of person that we are.......some not so nice and others are pretty darn decent people. With SH about to be a representative of Sweden, she has a ton of work to prove she is capable for the job. Being a royal isn't all fun and games........it's a position that requires dignity and discretion and working for the people.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Even though I agree with your comment, the past of each of us shows the character and type of person of each of us..........our decisions in life really show the kind of person that we are.......some not so nice and others are pretty darn decent people. With SH about to be a representative of Sweden, she has a ton of work to prove she is capable for the job. Being a royal isn't all fun and games........it's a position that requires dignity and discretion and working for the people.
Imo Sofia is already at least equal (if not *more* aware) to P.C-P in knowing it's not all fun and games and it requires working for the people
Old 10-09-2014, 02:32 AM
Serene Highness

Whom is SH equal to in the royal family? Surly not Crown Princess Victoria........this is a lady who is above reproach and has dignity and poise.
Most of SH life choices that she herself made are questionable to say the least. Just because a person marries into a royal family, it does not make them royal at all. To be royal it shows in their character............
Old 10-09-2014, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Most likely, Sofia will carve out a role for herself. She'll do her duties alongside Prince Carl Philip and members of the royal family. I think she is proving that she's up for the job and take it very seriously. She conducted her self with a great deal of dignity and grace whenever she appeared with Prince Carl Philip at family events and she did the same when she accompanied the royal family to the official Opening of Parliament. Her job won't be about competing with Crown Princess Victoria or Princess Madeleine, so lets not even try to put her up against those two.

There are no perfect royals out there and they all slip up and stumble a few times because that's what humans do in the real world. Royal life isn't a fairy tale but I'm sure Sofia's critics will be on the lookout for any flaw, just to prove that she isn't royal material.

I'm just looking forward to hearing some official wedding news.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness

I miss read someone's earlier comment and that is the reason for my comparing SH to CPV, it should of been to CPC instead. Yes, I am one of her harshest critics and I also know that the past is the past, yet our past is what makes us the person we are today..........and there are some people in this world that have different ideas of how things should or we would like them to be as that is the way they where in the past, and yes times do change and not always for the best. What I see on TV today makes my hair curl and I don't need curly hair...........so I don't watch most TV today or even go to the movies, (that was 15 years ago last time I went). As for SH, I just have to wait and see....the opening of Parliament was a good beginning for her, she dressed very extremely nice, just an inch longer in the skirt would have been better, her poise during the session was nice to see. I will admit that these 2 seem to be deeply in love, if so, then I hope all goes well for them, maybe she will help PCP to do more for the family and the people instead of partying.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:45 AM
Courtier

I have my own personal theory about why the wedding date might not be official for another couple of weeks/months.

Besides the question of what the relationship looks like between Sofia and Victoria/Madeleine, I'm 100% sure that neither of the sisters want to miss out on their brothers wedding. I'm also guessing that both sisters might be somewhere in the process of considering/trying for/wanting child number two. If one of them should be in the last stages of a pregnancy at the time of the wedding, there is a risk that she couldn't attend. No one would want that to happen, if it can be avoided.

So I'm betting that we won't see an official wedding date until perhaps after christmas. By that time the court will know about possible pregnancies and can adjust the wedding date after that.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness

Some how I don't see the Sisters discussing getting pregnant with anyone other than their husbands. It is a private matter wedding or not.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding