The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

I would think they have the date and time already and have begun to make plans. When they announce it is up to them but surely they have already started the planning.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

On the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Silvia reveals details about the wedding
The court gossip
The church which is at the top of the list
The unexpected party place
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/SDT.jpg

I guess they quote queen Silvia's interview in Aftonbladet about the place, Silvia said that Carl Philip is the duke of Värmland, Sofia is from Dalarna and then they have Öland. And the rest of the article is gossip and speculation.

So after the queen's interview in Aftonbladet, Svensk Damtidning has started speculating, and Stoppa pressarna quotes their article about the wedding places:

Stockholm
As Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding will be the third royal wedding in five years the chances are very small that they just like Victoria and Madeleine marry in the Royal Chapel in Stockholm, according to sources close to the royal family. But if this would still be the case the party would be held at Ulriksdal Palace, only one mil from the city. Guests would then stay overnight at either Drottningholm Palace or the Grand Hôtel.
Öland
Sofia and Carl Philip have always spent part of the summer on Öland. Therefore the Gärdslösa church could be a hot item. Royal couple should also have visited the church last summer. The party and overnight stay will then take place in the royal couple's summer house Solliden (? at the Palace there isn't room for the whole royal family, so would the guests sleep at the Kavaljersflygeln and at Victoria's and Daniel's house?)
Sörmland
It was at the prince's farm Ökenäs he proposed to Sofia in early summer. Therefore, there is an option that they might even get married in the neighborhood. In that case, the Trosa church or the Strängnäs Cathedral could be hot options. Wedding party would be most likely held at the Tullgarn Palace.
Värmland
Carl Philip is the Duke of Värmland. If the couple decides to get married here the Sunne church would be the most clear-cut option. Guests could then stay overnight at various mansions in the area or at the hotel Selma Spa.
Dalarna
Sofia Hellqvist has grown up in small Älvdalen in Dalarna. If the local church would be too small the Leksand Church could be an option. According to Svensk Damtidning the gala would then be held in Dalhalla a day before the wedding.
Kartläggning Här kan prins Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist gifta sig

According to Expressen, 3rd October is the earliest date when the prime minister of Sweden can present his new government.
Datumen och frågorna som avgör efter valet Val 2014 Expressen

Old 09-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

On his wedding day, will Prince Carl Philip be clean-shaven?
Or will he keep his beard?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dont know. Will the bride be wearing all of her tattoos? She has been having some of the most obvious ones lasered off.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Dont know. Will the bride be wearing all of her tattoos? She has been having some of the most obvious ones lasered off.

Where have you seen that?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-21-2014, 03:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why laser off the tattoos - just have the wedding in January.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
On his wedding day, will Prince Carl Philip be clean-shaven?
Or will he keep his beard?
He's had the beard for some time, he had it when P.Madeleine married and as far as i remember i don't think he's been beardless once recently, so why would he shave it off now?
Old 09-21-2014, 07:39 AM
Serene Highness

I hope and assume that he will still have his beard on his wedding day. It adds to his physical appearance and while I know all too well that appearances are not everything, in his case it gives him something extra. Something that being beardless does not.

And they should not have a winter wedding, in my opinion. They will "disappear" in a wintery setting. They are people who shine the best in a summer wedding. It is as of yet still a long wait, but in many cases the long wait is worth the result(s).
Old 09-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

It'll be great once the official wedding news get rolling and the royal actually start making official appearances. Up to now, it's all been rather boring on the Swedish royal front.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-21-2014, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It'll be great once the official wedding news get rolling and the royal actually start making official appearances. Up to now, it's all been rather boring on the Swedish royal front.
King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel have all been working very much after the summer holiday, so at least to me it hasn't been boring at all. And according to the royal calendar, they have been official appearances.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think it has been boring at all, with the exception of PCP, the rest of the royal family has been working very hard since vacation time is over, they know their duty and are out there showing their support of Sweden. Why even Princess Cristina has been out doing what is expected of her and with her husband no less.......it seems that some in the royal families just don't get it and probably never will, all fun and play. I have been loving seeing CPV and PD out, they are such a strong couple together and they show their love of each other and of Sweden.........
Old 09-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Where have you seen that?

Loads of royal blogs quoting loads of Swedish newspapers. Google Sofia Helqvist tattoo removal. Though you should be prepared to see the bride referred to as Princess Snakey for a variety of reasons in some....
Old 09-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Why laser off the tattoos - just have the wedding in January.
Well Gracie, you know next spring has a way of coming quickly. If the tattoos are undignified/unprincesslike/chose whatever adjective now, that will be the case next spring when she shows up in a sleeveless/strapless at whatever occasion.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Loads of royal blogs quoting loads of Swedish newspapers. Google Sofia Helqvist tattoo removal. Though you should be prepared to see the bride referred to as Princess Snakey for a variety of reasons in some....

I didn't see any reputable sources.

And that particular nickname is popular on a forum that... Well, whenever I read it I strongly suspect that most of the posters are deeply bitter, unhinged individuals because that's the only reason I can come up with for obsessively negative comments about a stranger.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am personally not 'up' on which Swedish newspapers are reputable. How did you determine which was and which was not? Several posts seem to show the arm tattoo getting lighter and more blurry, as if being lasered, over the last few months. I personally would welcome the removal of the more visible ink.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess I just didn't see that in the pictures- different lighting, but no real evidence of them being removed.

I don't have strong feelings about it one way or the other, but tattoos are fully acceptable at this point and I hope if she's removing them, it's because she wants to, not because people are making her feel like she has to.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm a little confused about the tattoos. I thought the arm one was a temporary henna tattoo, and that only the ones on her upper back and torso were permanent. In some of her pics with CP she doesn't seem to have any marks on her left arm. Which one/ones is she allegedly having removed?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

The large one on her upper arm is putatively being removed. Cant imagine why. delightful to have a princess covered in tattoos.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Tattoos can be really beautiful and interesting and I don't get the attitude that they're low class or worth looking down on.

I don't have any, but it's because I've never found a design that's felt meaningful enough, not because I think they're trashy.

Most people under 35 are completely ok with tattoos at this point.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:26 AM
Serene Highness

Ok, I do not have problems with tattoos in particular...... the one on her taille - hey, thats a really nice one. AND: its INVISIBLE under her clothing.... in her future public duties.

What I really, really DO NOT LIKE is her tattoo on the neck. Because? IT IS visible.
Imagine Nobel Gala. Sophia in a great evening Dress. Tiara. Earrings. Diamond necklace from the Bernadotte Foundation. And then? TATTOO...... Grrrrrr
My opinion.
Bye Bine

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding